Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 8 "Ali Baba in a Suit" (Muscat, Oman)  (Read 78843 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 17 EP 8 "Ali Baba in a Suit"
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2010, 04:26:56 PM »

I wonder if they don't have to wait for the Incense Burner to open because only J/T and C/S are seen there at that time. The HoO hurdle may be somewhere else in the park or before it.

Looks like Thomas, Chad, Nat and Gary starting the climb in #3.

If this is the one you are referring to, I think the ID's are like so. You can see that those two teams are dressed in those outfits from #7 and #8. Also from #5 Kat does the rappelling for them.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:31:40 PM by the-pr0phet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2010, 04:33:18 PM »
Here's an updated episode description as provided by CBS (posted at The Futon Critic):

ONE TEAM IS FORCED TO PLAY CATCH UP IN ORDER TO STAY IN THE GAME AFTER MAKING A COLOSSAL MISTAKE AT THE START OF THE LEG, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, NOV. 14

"Ali Baba in a Suit" (Muscat, Oman) - Following a huge mistake, one Racer makes an important decision that will impact their team beyond the finish line and for the rest of their lives, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is host.

Read more: Listings - AMAZING RACE, THE on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings.aspx?id=20101108cbs12#ixzz14jV3pwAG
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2010, 04:37:24 PM »
Here's an updated episode description as provided by CBS (posted at The Futon Critic):

ONE TEAM IS FORCED TO PLAY CATCH UP IN ORDER TO STAY IN THE GAME AFTER MAKING A COLOSSAL MISTAKE AT THE START OF THE LEG, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, NOV. 14

"Ali Baba in a Suit" (Muscat, Oman) - Following a huge mistake, one Racer makes an important decision that will impact their team beyond the finish line and for the rest of their lives, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is host.

Read more: Listings - AMAZING RACE, THE on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings.aspx?id=20101108cbs12#ixzz14jV3pwAG

Once again that sounds like Chad and Stephanie. It seems like we are getting information overload about them. However, that statement may just be a reiteration of what we already know (about the sleeping and the proposal).

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2010, 05:17:05 PM »
Why does it say "another team" as if one slept in and another proposes when we know both are the same team?
Some quick observations:

The opening shot is the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque in Muscat.
Brooke is driving at night but the RB is in the day.

Possible theory (okay, more like a speculation), teams arrive from flight at night, get clue, but place won't open until morning, but they get to pick numbered order to enter.
A team oversleeps and miss their starting slot, which might be the huge mistake described in the synopsis.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2010, 05:23:08 PM »
Why does it say "another team" as if one slept in and another proposes when we know both are the same team?
Some quick observations:

The opening shot is the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque in Muscat.
Brooke is driving at night but the RB is in the day.

Possible theory (okay, more like a speculation), teams arrive from flight at night, get clue, but place won't open until morning, but they get to pick numbered order to enter.
A team oversleeps and miss their starting slot, which might be the huge mistake described in the synopsis.

This certainly sounds plausible.

Welcome to RFF NumfarPTB!
 :welcome:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2010, 05:53:56 PM »
Teams finish Leg 6, Norway to St Petesburg on June 5th in the late evening. After a approx 12 hour pit stop, teams do Leg 7 in St. Petersburg, finishing in early afternoon of June 6,...after another 12 hour pit stop....Teams are released in very early morning (from the screencap in the promo) on June 7th for travel to Muscat, Oman.

As apskip has said, there are hourly flights from LED to either SVO or DME airports in Moscow. The quickest connection from Moscow on June 7th is

DME to DOH
QR869    1450-1855
Then DOH to MCT
QR168    2015-2235

There is a later connection on the same flight path
DME to DOH
QR867    2000-0005 (note: on June 7th this flight was 1.5 hours late in taking off and 1 hour 23 minute in arriving in Doha. On this particular date, teams would have had to wait till approx 8 am on June 8th to get the DOH-Muscat connection.

There are other flights from LED to all over the place (SVO, DME, FRA, CDG, etc) that will connect with
DXB to MCT (early morning June 8th)
EK866     0255-0355.

Even if Chat had overslept...they would still be able to get to Muscat before sunup. I think this leg is pretty fast, with the spoiler sighting of Thomas/Jill in the MCT airport at approx midnight of June8-9 trying for flights to Bangladesh.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:20:01 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2010, 07:12:30 PM »

This looks like their Elimination Confessional(their Russia II confessional is different). But in Oman, Chad was wearing black and Stephanie was wearing grey (unless they changed attire). Does this hint that they make it to Bangladesh at least?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:15:41 PM by AmazingRace »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2010, 07:16:56 PM »

This looks like their Elimination Confessional(their Russia II confessional is different). But in Oman, Chad was wearing black and Stephanie was wearing grey (unless they changed attire). Does this hint that they make it to Bangladesh at least?

I'm not sure; it could. Where did you find this cap, I didn't see that shot in the promo.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2010, 07:18:51 PM »
This was shown after they are checked in(with their bags) in Episode 7.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:26:07 PM by AmazingRace »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2010, 07:27:15 PM »
Since two whole teams are seen climbing the stairs at the Incense Burner, I think that the RB clue is at the top. Once they get to the top one team member must rappel down and the other just goes back down the stairs. This fits with the idea that a Route Info clue from the watch tower directed them to the burner.

Offline TarJunkie999

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2010, 08:22:27 PM »
 :lol: prelim #9 - proposal near Portuguese watchtower

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2010, 09:24:50 PM »
Since two whole teams are seen climbing the stairs at the Incense Burner, I think that the RB clue is at the top. Once they get to the top one team member must rappel down and the other just goes back down the stairs. This fits with the idea that a Route Info clue from the watch tower directed them to the burner.

They are not climbing the stairs to the Incense Burner. They are climbing the stairs to the Portuguese Watch Tower to get a clue to where to go next, either the detour or RB. That rapelling challenge is not at Riyam Park.

They are climbing the stairs all the way down on the left by the shorter of the two Portuguese Watch Towers. The sidewalk in front of this camera view is where Chad proposes, thanks for the great photo TarJunkie999. The other teams are sitting by the fountain on the right. Car Park is to the far right.

We may have the same thing as in Russia II. They may limit the number of teams that can climb up to the watch tower. Maybe only two teams at a time. One of those pick a number deals when they arrive at Riyam Park.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 12:44:49 AM by DrRox »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2010, 11:05:03 PM »

But would Chad change into dirty clothing (especially since, as of now, there's no indication of any 'dirty' tasks in Oman)? I think you're right about it being from Bangladesh.  :tup:

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2010, 11:35:54 PM »

But would Chad change into dirty clothing (especially since, as of now, there's no indication of any 'dirty' tasks in Oman)? I think you're right about it being from Bangladesh.  :tup:
Well, that's unfortunate.  I really wanted this next episode to be their final one.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2010, 11:56:33 PM »
CAPS!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2010, 12:16:29 AM »

Can you get a URL for this video now? The bandana that Stephanie has around her neck, she had wrapped around her head when Chad does the proposal thing. It looks like the CBS webmonkeys posted an video one leg to soon. I have looked but I cannot find that video.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 12:36:49 AM by DrRox »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2010, 01:07:27 AM »
Here is the clip, but do remember that future confessionals are not infrequently used on TAR.

Whose was it that we saw from the final leg a while back? ??? They are often helpful in pinpointing locations.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 01:27:14 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2010, 03:02:04 AM »
Do Brooke & Claire get stopped by police?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2010, 04:33:03 AM »
yes! As Brook says....the PO-Po come!

We don't know why but somehow I am sure they talked their way out of whatever! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2010, 06:38:02 AM »

We don't know why but somehow I am sure they talked their way out of whatever! :lol3:

Hard too... Arab guys don't kiss kiss with girls, they only kiss men...

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2010, 07:29:25 AM »

Hard too... Arab guys don't kiss kiss with girls, they only kiss men...

huh

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2010, 07:30:55 AM »
The caps I am the most interested in are 5 and 6. Any ideas on what they are in? (Forget my FF idea, Claire is holding a Detour clue.) Maybe #'s 9 and 10 are from the other detour choice.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 07:34:29 AM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2010, 07:32:06 AM »
The caps I am the most interested in are 5 and 6. Any ideas on what they are in? (Forget my FF idea, Claire is holding a Detour clue.)

If I was to hazard a guess, I would say one of the blue trucks seen through the window in those caps.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2010, 07:37:28 AM »
Here are expanded indentifications from the caps:
cap 3=Brooke, Claire, Nat, Kat
cap 4=Nick, Vicki
caps 5&6=Brooke, Claire
caps 11&12&13&14=Jill, Thomas, Chad, Stephanie
caps 15&16=Kat
caps 17&18=Chad
cap 21=Brooke
cap 22=Brooke, Claire
cap 23=Jill, Thomas
cap 24=Mallory
cap 25=Gary
cap 26=Nick, Vicki
caps 27&28=Kat
cap 31=Chad, Stephanie
caps 32&33=Nick, Vicki
caps 34&35&37&38&39=Chad, Stephanie
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 01:21:26 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2010, 09:06:17 AM »
Muttrah Fort on Al Barhi Rd