Author Topic: TAR 17 Ep 7 " I Want To Be In The Circus, That's Where I Belong!" (Russia)  (Read 88274 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 17 Ep 7 " I Want To Be In The Circus, That's Where I Belong!" (Russia)
« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2010, 06:47:01 AM »
At the end of the prior episode, I could not believe that Phil made no mention of the SpeedBump that is supposed to be automatic for the last-place finisher in an NEL leg. This leg showed no SpeedBump at all, so someone at World Race Productions may have forgotten to put one in. How is this possible from a fairness point of view. Now, due to the penalties of Michael/Kevin and Brook/Claire, Nick/Vicky would not have been eliminated by doing a task taking approximately 30 minutes. However, there's something rotten in Denmark( Or was it St. Petersburg?).

It's Michael & Kevin and Chad & Stephanie. And yeah, was there a speed bump? (I haven't watched the episode yet, football overruns suck)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2010, 07:04:54 AM »
I think Nick & Vicki did their Speedbump. The reason why they probably did'nt mention that there will be a Speedbump in Episode 6, could be because they planned to edit out the Speedbump task in this episode, as it was probably something insignificant(i.e Took less than 15 minutes to complete) and did not affect their placement anyways.  :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2010, 07:37:17 AM »
Can we assume that the detour may be before the scene outside the church?
If so then N/K, N/V, M/K and B/C would finish the detour before the the others. This theory is supported by the fact that Jill and Thomas switch on the Detour tasks. This would also make it possible for C/S to be eliminated because Micheal will take a long time at the RB allowing C/S to catch up but she will not overtake him.
Here is my speculated order to the leg:

1. Detour; N/K, N/V, M/K and B/C have no trouble  :yess:
2. Probably picking up several clues before getting to the RB  :yess:
3. Those four arrive at about the same time at the RB  :duno:
4. All but M/K finish and leave to check in to the PS  :yess:
5. G/M, C/S and J/T arrive at the RB  ;)
6. G/M and J/T finish the RB leaving "two racers to battle it out"  :groan:
7. Chad and Stephanie are eliminated and M/K slide several spots to sixth.  :groan:

Well at least I was close.  :'(
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2010, 09:28:40 AM »
Fwiw, the Bank bridge is on the left and 1 Vladimirskiy prospekt is on the right.
Nat/Kat's taxi driver must have been a patient fellow, waiting all that time with their bags.
Also, the price of the Jumba taxi, even though he stayed with them from beginning to end (below), does seem excessive. (they just kept getting in and never bothered to check the meter/bargain/ask?)

Offline mariamindy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I'm batman!!!
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2010, 09:53:42 AM »
I think Nick & Vicki did their Speedbump. The reason why they probably did'nt mention that there will be a Speedbump in Episode 6, could be because they planned to edit out the Speedbump task in this episode, as it was probably something insignificant(i.e Took less than 15 minutes to complete) and did not affect their placement anyways.  :duno:

May be true, but remember Michael and Kevin's speed bump in the Arctic? it was LITERALLY a 15 min wait and still, they made it from last place to first so those things can't be ignored... it looks fishy to me.
mm!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2010, 10:10:04 AM »
**The following is just something I read and is by no means official**

There are rumors at s***** that there was no Speedbump as a credit due to a production mistake during the last leg in which one of the judges at the Piano Detour had told Nick & Vicki they were wrong when they were in fact right. They say Nick posted it in his FB.

I can't wait to hear about what Nick and Vicki has to say regarding this!!

DavidJunior

« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2010, 10:24:16 AM »
could it have been a task they had to do before the detour and maybe that's why it was edited out?

if they arrived at the detour, and the clue happened to be out in front of the circus gate, then they could very likely go, perform the task, and then make it back to the circus before it opened.

and they edited it out because it had no weight in the actual leg itself

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2010, 10:58:34 AM »
**The following is just something I read and is by no means official**

There are rumors at s***** that there was no Speedbump as a credit due to a production mistake during the last leg in which one of the judges at the Piano Detour had told Nick & Vicki they were wrong when they were in fact right. They say Nick posted it in his FB.

I can't wait to hear about what Nick and Vicki has to say regarding this!!

I am on Nick's facebook and fan page.....I do not see it posted on either one. He could have posted that and then deleted it. I would think that posting something like that would go against the confidentially agreement though, at least till they are eliminated or the race ends.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2010, 12:22:39 PM »
could it have been a task they had to do before the detour and maybe that's why it was edited out?

if they arrived at the detour, and the clue happened to be out in front of the circus gate, then they could very likely go, perform the task, and then make it back to the circus before it opened.

and they edited it out because it had no weight in the actual leg itself

That makes more sense than anything else I have heard, but I still don't know why they didn't just show it or why Phil didn't say they had to do it. I just looked back at the leg on cbs.com and Phil said: "This is a non-elimination leg, so you will live to race another leg." And that was it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 12:26:10 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2010, 04:20:54 PM »
Rob has obtained an official statement in another thread that confirms "production glitches" involving time credits for multiple teams and no speedbump.

As to the statement about production credits and penalties in the closing credits, that has been there going all the way back to the the first season.  I can't recall an instance though where so many teams were apparently affected.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »
Production could have owned up to screwing up at the end of the last leg, like when they did in the leg ending with Sarah in Bologna...

That also explains why none of the second-half of the pack got departure times.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2010, 04:37:44 PM »
HAve to really wonder if the leg was meant to be a NEL or not....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »
I suspect the leg that was intended to be the NEL was the NEL. That way, leg 3 and leg 6 were the first two NELs, and I wouldn't be surprised if leg 9 is the third NEL this season, and given the likely location it would make sense for that to be the case.

I've gone back to my recording and freeze-framed the final end credit. It's the standard "time credits and penalties" language they've had all these years; and what we have in legs 6 and 7 was a perfect example.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2010, 08:33:35 PM »
Thanks to Chad/Stephanie sleeping in, we have the Pit Stop Hotel for Legs 6 and 7!

The Angleterre Hotel, right across from St Isaac's Cathedral. (The Pit Start for Leg 8 returned to the Cathedral for release.)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2010, 08:35:50 PM »
Very cool, Neobie!