Author Topic: TAR 17 Ep 7 " I Want To Be In The Circus, That's Where I Belong!" (Russia)  (Read 88290 times)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 17 Ep 7 " I Want To Be In The Circus, That's Where I Belong!" (Russia)
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2010, 07:38:33 AM »
With the Intersection talk and the multiple promos, one question comes to mind: where's Gary/Mallory?

I know they're likely to be eliminated here, but what if it's the opposite? What if they're ahead, either from a FF or just plain skill (and then get bunched in Oman and lose next leg). Did Phil explicitly state that the sheep head was the only FF this season?

I suppose it is possible that they force one team to do a FF in order to have the other six do an Intersection. However, this sort of conclusion seems to me to be the result of over-analyzation.

Because the FF is optional, they could still end up with an odd number of teams at the Intersection.  Then the Intersection would not work.  As said earlier, you won't have an Intersection in a leg with an odd number of teams.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2010, 07:57:20 AM »
I think Mallory says the title!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2010, 08:24:32 AM »
With the Intersection talk and the multiple promos, one question comes to mind: where's Gary/Mallory?

I know they're likely to be eliminated here, but what if it's the opposite? What if they're ahead, either from a FF or just plain skill (and then get bunched in Oman and lose next leg). Did Phil explicitly state that the sheep head was the only FF this season?

I suppose it is possible that they force one team to do a FF in order to have the other six do an Intersection. However, this sort of conclusion seems to me to be the result of over-analyzation.

Highly doubt so.... :groan: :groan:

This entire conversation is an over-analyzation. Analysis reaches a certain point called pure speculation. When one reaches this point, it is best to just wait for the episode to air.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2010, 08:25:05 AM »
I think Mallory says the title!

Or Brooke; she seems to be their favorite racer to quote.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2010, 09:07:23 AM »

Highly doubt so.... :groan: :groan:

This entire conversation is an over-analyzation. Analysis reaches a certain point called pure speculation. When one reaches this point, it is best to just wait for the episode to air.

You hit the nail on the head! :lol3:

Yeah. I was  B:) of a possible FF during Guilin, China leg and that was the result of over analyzation that made me ban for a period of time. ;) It's good, but sometimes, we just have to keep our ideas in mind and wait until it happens on the race. You don't have to let the world know that you had idea. :lol:

Okay, moving on...... :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2010, 09:41:14 AM »
As long as we're changing the subject..

Did anything come of the shadow analysis that would help us understand the timing of arrival at the church?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2010, 10:11:14 AM »
Did anything come of the shadow analysis that would help us understand the timing of arrival at the church?
Fwiw Brooke and the Jumbas are approaching from the north side and the doctors and N/V from the south; and N/V are the only ones carrying backpacks for some reason.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2010, 12:09:12 PM »
Fwiw Brooke and the Jumbas are approaching from the north side and the doctors and N/V from the south; and N/V are the only ones carrying backpacks for some reason.

If Brooke and Kevin are approaching from the north (caps 24 and 25) then since their shadows fall to their right the sun is still in the east. This would indicate that it is earlier than not. This may be the first location they must go to.

Also, on the second promo Brook is talking about the circus while riding in a taxi. Perhaps they take the bus to the church and then a taxi to the circus.

Does anyone have any ideas on why Nick was down the road from the church in that one shot?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 12:23:07 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »
In case anyone didn't know the last Pit Stop, St. Isaac's Cathedral is just down the road from the The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. In the picture here the cathedral is A and the arrow points to the church.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 12:27:53 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2010, 01:54:21 PM »
In case anyone didn't know the last Pit Stop, St. Isaac's Cathedral is just down the road from the The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. In the picture here the cathedral is A and the arrow points to the church.
Your red arrow is off just a bit
The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood (sic) is actually where my stylish blue arrow is pointing...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2010, 02:06:06 PM »
Your red arrow is off just a bit
The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood (sic) is actually where my stylish blue arrow is pointing...

Thanks pneumonia.

Since they are so close can it be assumed that they go to the church first? Also does anyone know where the circus is in relation to the church?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2010, 03:26:00 PM »
It's probably st. Petersburg State Circus, Address: Fontanka embankment, either 3 or 65 with its 2345 seats. Metro stop is: Gostiny Dvor

Here is a Cyrillic language description of this circus. I don't remember seeing any Cyrillic readers in the new Languages thread.

The metro map to get there is: http://www.saint-petersburg.com/images/transport/saint-petersburg-metro-map.gif

Gostiny Dvor is at the intersection of the M2 and M3 lines near the center of this map

« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 03:33:02 PM by apskip »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2010, 03:33:32 PM »
It's probably st. Petersburg State Circus, Address: Fontanka embankment, 65 with its 2345 seats. 
Slowhatch figured it out back here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23560.msg570513.html#msg570513
Автово Circus

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2010, 03:35:47 PM »
It's probably st. Petersburg State Circus, Address: Fontanka embankment, 65 with its 2345 seats.

Where is the RB assumed to be?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 04:51:18 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2010, 03:40:28 PM »
My mappage... discuss.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2010, 03:43:13 PM »
So its not the St Petersburg Circus as someone speculated?
It would appear from this that the Roadblock occurs before the Detour.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 04:52:16 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2010, 03:49:52 PM »
It's definitely Avtovo; you can see most of the name in the cap.
I haven't seen any red cards, but the gorodki is the RB? And since they take taxis to the circus, I have no idea what the bus is for.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2010, 04:52:28 PM »
Why would the gorodki not be the RB? Only one member from each team is seen doing it. The DT is a choice between the plate spinning and the accordion playing.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2010, 04:56:36 PM »
It's definitely Avtovo; you can see most of the name in the cap.
I haven't seen any red cards, but the gorodki is the RB? And since they take taxis to the circus, I have no idea what the bus is for.

It doesn't look like the bus is even used by the teams as everything is too close together for that. I can definitely see how the leg could work out like this:

1. Teams go to the Church first and wait for it to open (some teams may get lost or misdirect others between the PS and the church)
2. They do the RB at Gorodki all arriving at similar times
3. Some teams take longer than others there
4. They do the Detour at the circus
5. The Pit Stop is somewhere closer to the circus

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2010, 09:49:55 PM »
Jill & Thomas hadn't been sighted like as obvious as the 2 F/F's on the final leg? Here's hope to them being eliminated  :groan: Actually, anyone winning except them would be one of the bests.

I hope Gary & Mallory survives though the preview shatters any hopes of them surviving but maybe hello, reverse-psychology? <3 and this leg they also got a foreshadowing confesh but it was Nick/Vicki who succumbed.
Why the dislike of Jill and THomas.  They seemed to be above average racers, they haven't been rude or mean to other racers or locals, and they certainly haven't behaved as badly as many, many teams have over the years.  In fact so far this season has had fairly well behaved teams across the board.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2010, 11:57:23 PM »
Jill & Thomas hadn't been sighted like as obvious as the 2 F/F's on the final leg? Here's hope to them being eliminated  :groan: Actually, anyone winning except them would be one of the bests.

I hope Gary & Mallory survives though the preview shatters any hopes of them surviving but maybe hello, reverse-psychology? <3 and this leg they also got a foreshadowing confesh but it was Nick/Vicki who succumbed.
Why the dislike of Jill and THomas.  They seemed to be above average racers, they haven't been rude or mean to other racers or locals, and they certainly haven't behaved as badly as many, many teams have over the years.  In fact so far this season has had fairly well behaved teams across the board.

Because they're boring? :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2010, 12:23:05 AM »

How do you know? Have you meet them?
Matthew 7:15

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2010, 12:23:59 AM »
Really thats never been a criteria for myself on who I want to win (or who I want more then anyone else to lose).  That would be the rough equivalent of saying the racer I want to win the most is Jonathan (as he was never boring, an unmitigating ass and a blight on humanity perhaps but not boring).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2010, 12:34:35 AM »

NOT boring. :lol: At all.

Remember Terence's edit? About as far from the real life Terence as it is possible to be. Editing can do whatever it wants... remember that what you see is often nothing like what happened.  :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2010, 03:54:12 AM »
My sentence ends with a question mark. I didn't really mean I don't like them because they are boring. I just took the common answer when one is asked why are they disliked. :lol: