Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 6 "Run, Babushka, Run" (St Petersburg, Russia)  (Read 46991 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 17 EP 6 "Run, Babushka, Run" (St Petersburg, Russia)
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 11:39:18 AM »
They are planting potatos........with apologies to Dan Quale.

Don't get ur joke...
That's because you don't eat enough potatoes...  :lol3:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Quayle
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 12:27:48 PM »
They are planting potatos........with apologies to Dan Quale.

Don't get ur joke...
That's because you don't eat enough potatoes...  :lol3:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Quayle

Or too young!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 07:59:17 PM »
I think I've found the piano task: Beloselsky-Belozersky Palace, 41 Nevsky prospect. The floor, chandeliers, woodwork etc. looks like a match. (photo source)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »
Oh GREAT job!! I have been climbing all thru the Hermitage looking for that room, and am delighted to stop! :lol:

WHo can do a map between our spots??

Not sure we can find the potato field... :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 08:38:57 PM »
Yeah, the household plot (if that's what it is) looks very generic. So does the film studio. The only guess I could make--and it's only a guess--is the SP Documentary Film Studio, about the same distance from St. Isaac's as BB palace.

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 09:30:48 PM »
Yup. I agree. I think the Detour is the Piano and the Film.

I can't decide yet -- I can't tell from the caps whether we have both teammates performing the manure task or the film task. The piano task is definitely a detour option.

You "kinda" can. In cap #19, you can see Kat (I think) in the background, also looking through the movies/whatever it is. :)

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 09:34:32 PM »
I would say Piano vs. Film would make more sense than Piano vs. Manure...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2010, 10:02:07 PM »
I went thru all the caps again and pulled out a few more that may have the possibility of having more than one racer in the shot...see what y'all think? pretty sure #4 shows Jill too....  And there seems to be another racer in the potato patch!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2010, 12:56:54 AM »
Betcha Chad or Thomas says the title...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2010, 12:57:38 AM »
Guess this answers the DETOUR question!! :funny:

TEAMS TRAVEL TO ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA WHERE THEY EXPERIENCE CLASSICAL FILM, MUSIC AND MANUAL LABOR, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, OCT. 31

"Run, Babushka, Run" (Russia) - Racers struggle to complete their creative detours before putting in a proper day's work in the fields, where they discover the key to potato farming is manure, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Oct. 31 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2010, 07:58:28 AM »
There is a new promo  :hearts: :hearts:
However in caps 9 10 (first promo)and also in caps 13...18  we can see jill  and thomas(see the clothes :tup:), so they try both tasks...(I think it' s a detour)
Also Nat and Kat appear in cap 19 ...21 ,and in the new promo we see them on piano's task...
so they both change..
Maybe also gary and mallory,because they appear in cinema's task(in the new promo),but  during the interview mallory  mimes  a piano (so I think the try both tasks)...

This is just a speculation .....I think the next eliminated team  will be gary and mallory :waves: :waves:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 08:01:57 AM by milanissimo »

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2010, 11:05:16 AM »
It looks like Kevin in the "potato" patch.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2010, 12:18:51 PM »
It looks like Kevin in the "potato" patch.

The one in front looks like Kevin, as you said, and the one in the back looks like Mallory.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2010, 01:03:46 PM »
Who was the one that screamed "IT'S POOOO!!!"?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2010, 05:57:35 PM »
That was Brook, I think.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2010, 05:58:20 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Milanissimo!! :hearts:

New promo posted upstream, caps on the way!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2010, 06:16:21 PM »
Caps!

I think that is either Chad or Steph's jacket on the rail in cap 14. And perhaps cap 30 is a suggestion that they are changing Detours?? ???

123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2010, 08:42:07 PM »
This is just a speculation .....I think the next eliminated team  will be gary and mallory :waves: :waves:
I think so, too.  They were the only team with no real sightings, either potentially, partially, or fully substantiated, after St. Petersburg.  Chad & Stephanie have a possible Oman sighting.  Michael & Kevin have a possible decoy sighting in Hong Kong on a ferry (I think).  Nick & Vicki also have a potential Hong Kong sighting, likely in race mode if it's true.  Add that to Brook & Claire, Nat & Kat, and Jill & Thomas all being spotted in Hong Kong and later in South Korea, and Gary & Mallory pretty much stick out like a sore thumb.  So I'm also calling them out this Sunday.

And that?  Will suck.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2010, 08:45:07 PM »
I think so, too.  They were the only team with no real sightings, either potentially, partially, or fully substantiated, after St. Petersburg.  Chad & Stephanie have a possible Oman sighting.  Michael & Kevin have a possible decoy sighting in Hong Kong on a ferry (I think).  Nick & Vicki also have a potential Hong Kong sighting, likely in race mode if it's true.  Add that to Brook & Claire, Nat & Kat, and Jill & Thomas all being spotted in Hong Kong and later in South Korea, and Gary & Mallory pretty much stick out like a sore thumb.  So I'm also calling them out this Sunday.

And that?  Will suck.

I have unconfirmed, unverifiable sightings of Michael & Kevin doing decoy running in Korea...

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2010, 09:05:55 PM »

And that?  Will suck.

I have unconfirmed, unverifiable sightings of Michael & Kevin doing decoy running in Korea...
And if that turns out to be true, that definitely takes them out of the running for leaving Sunday.

Offline Dragoondaniel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2010, 10:06:35 PM »
Any chance for this leg being a non-elimination? I know it's too soon for US TAR (we just had one 2 weeks ago) but with the subsequent leg being pegged as an elimination ("final showdown for elimination... russian lawn game") could it be so? Gary/Mallory leaving now would be pretty upsetting considering how well they've been doing...   :(

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2010, 10:13:28 PM »
Any chance for this leg being a non-elimination? I know it's too soon for US TAR (we just had one 2 weeks ago) but with the subsequent leg being pegged as an elimination ("final showdown for elimination... russian lawn game") could it be so? Gary/Mallory leaving now would be pretty upsetting considering how well they've been doing...   :(
They've never, ever taken the F7 beyond the sixth episode (or sixth leg, in TAR6's case, as that one did have it happen in episode seven) before cutting down to the F6.  They might have if this were a thirteen-legger, but since it's a twelve-legger . . . I don't think so.  So that, plus everything here, as well as the sightings, points to me to thinking this next episode, if it has a Pit Stop and is not a TBC, will end with an elimination.  Also, I think episode seven will be the F6 elimination, making the rest of the race a fairly predictable NEL-Elimination-NEL-Elimination-F3 scheme for the last five legs.

Offline Dragoondaniel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2010, 10:31:06 PM »
Any chance for this leg being a non-elimination? I know it's too soon for US TAR (we just had one 2 weeks ago) but with the subsequent leg being pegged as an elimination ("final showdown for elimination... russian lawn game") could it be so? Gary/Mallory leaving now would be pretty upsetting considering how well they've been doing...   :(
They've never, ever taken the F7 beyond the sixth episode (or sixth leg, in TAR6's case, as that one did have it happen in episode seven) before cutting down to the F6.  They might have if this were a thirteen-legger, but since it's a twelve-legger . . . I don't think so.  So that, plus everything here, as well as the sightings, points to me to thinking this next episode, if it has a Pit Stop and is not a TBC, will end with an elimination.  Also, I think episode seven will be the F6 elimination, making the rest of the race a fairly predictable NEL-Elimination-NEL-Elimination-F3 scheme for the last five legs.

Haha yeah, I've noticed the NEL pattern for US TAR. Ah well, I can only hope they surprise us again with the NEL this season. The NEL-EL-NEL-EL-F3 is one of my greatest peeves about TAR because it screams predictability.  (:;)

Ah well, continue spoiling then.  :hearts: This leg is gonna be awesome I think. (except the outcome, maybe)

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2010, 12:08:25 AM »
They've never, ever taken the F7 beyond the sixth episode (or sixth leg, in TAR6's case, as that one did have it happen in episode seven) before cutting down to the F6.  They might have if this were a thirteen-legger, but since it's a twelve-legger . . . I don't think so.  So that, plus everything here, as well as the sightings, points to me to thinking this next episode, if it has a Pit Stop and is not a TBC, will end with an elimination.  Also, I think episode seven will be the F6 elimination, making the rest of the race a fairly predictable NEL-Elimination-NEL-Elimination-F3 scheme for the last five legs.

Actually, I tend to agree dragoondaniel that this is a NEL (or a possible TBC).  My DVR description for the circus episode also mentions Russian lawn game, 2 racers, and elimination.  The way that it is worded tends me to believe this leg is a NEL and the last place team from this episode has to learn a Russian game to continue.  (Of course, TAR tends to word things vaguely, but....)

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2010, 02:28:22 AM »
Actually, I tend to agree dragoondaniel that this is a NEL (or a possible TBC).  My DVR description for the circus episode also mentions Russian lawn game, 2 racers, and elimination.  The way that it is worded tends me to believe this leg is a NEL and the last place team from this episode has to learn a Russian game to continue.  (Of course, TAR tends to word things vaguely, but....)
The Russian game is part of a "final showdown," though.  No way it's a Speed Bump.