Author Topic: TARA 4 EP 4 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**  (Read 20301 times)

Offline Obbyz

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 4 EP 4 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 05:52:59 AM »
This episode is strange , at the end of the detour , team have to take a taxi to the pit stop , and Sahil & Manas didn't take taxi to the pit stop , they took tuk-tuk , but they didn't get any penalty ?

Tuktuk = Taxi i believe. It's the cheaper form and Sahil and Manas had no money. :lol:

It's different , I'm sure it's different.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 07:56:09 AM »
This episode is strange , at the end of the detour , team have to take a taxi to the pit stop , and Sahil & Manas didn't take taxi to the pit stop , they took tuk-tuk , but they didn't get any penalty ?

Tuktuk = Taxi i believe. It's the cheaper form and Sahil and Manas had no money. :lol:

It's different , I'm sure it's different.

If i didn't remember wrongly, Allan Wu did a voiceover instructions for teams to travel by taxi from one way to another.. and the next scene we see is teams getting onto tuk tuks.. can't remember which episode...

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 10:35:46 AM »
Based on the performance + screentime so far, i predict that this will be the final 5 -
1. Richard and Richard (definite)
2. Ethan and Khaire (definite)
3. Dimple and Sunaina
4. Ivan and Hilda
5. Michelle and Claire (more screentime than the father and daughter and Jess and Lani)

The next 2 teams eliminated will most probably be Jess and Lani and the indian boys, with the father and daughter in sixth.

And i think the Richards and Ethan and Khaire, both of them will even make it to the finale and one of them will win. BUT, this is The Amazing Race Asia and you really never know. I don't mind both of them getting eliminated because then it will really surprise me much. But until then, i'm pretty sure i've got 3 to 4 of the predicted final 5 teams correct.

I'd think that if it's as predictable as before (which I think it will be), Ethan and Khairie will win. They're just getting the typical strong, nice-guys but kinda plain edit, which is totally similar to Collin and Adrian and Sam and Vince. I still think that TARA's edit is PRETTY obvious, so I'd say that Ethan and Khairie win. Hmm.

Well I wish that Manas and Sahil were gone instead of Alan and Wendy this leg. Oh well.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 10:59:23 AM »
Based on the performance + screentime so far, i predict that this will be the final 5 -
1. Richard and Richard (definite)
2. Ethan and Khaire (definite)
3. Dimple and Sunaina
4. Ivan and Hilda
5. Michelle and Claire (more screentime than the father and daughter and Jess and Lani)

The next 2 teams eliminated will most probably be Jess and Lani and the indian boys, with the father and daughter in sixth.

And i think the Richards and Ethan and Khaire, both of them will even make it to the finale and one of them will win. BUT, this is The Amazing Race Asia and you really never know. I don't mind both of them getting eliminated because then it will really surprise me much. But until then, i'm pretty sure i've got 3 to 4 of the predicted final 5 teams correct.

I'd think that if it's as predictable as before (which I think it will be), Ethan and Khairie will win. They're just getting the typical strong, nice-guys but kinda plain edit, which is totally similar to Collin and Adrian and Sam and Vince. I still think that TARA's edit is PRETTY obvious, so I'd say that Ethan and Khairie win. Hmm.

Well I wish that Manas and Sahil were gone instead of Alan and Wendy this leg. Oh well.

But i thought Henry and Bernie will be in the F3 and even win too.. so you never know!

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 08:37:40 PM »

I disagree.

Tuk-tuks are the common way to travel in some countries similar to jeepneys and tricycles (a motorcycle with a sidecar, i.e. see the Philippine Leg of TAR Asia Season 2 with Rovilson Fernandez and Marc Nelson) and they should not be considered a taxi where and when a specific "TAXI" is also available.

I believe the guys Team from India should have been penalized. It would have been a more exciting ending for the fans of the team that got eliminated. lol
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:41:22 PM by thespicdatum »

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I make Amazing Race SIMS Version Videos!!
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 01:12:05 AM »
Most winners of the FF win the race (well, here in asia. and I think some in the Original versions too)

TARA1 - Marsio & Mard win FF. Placed in 4th
TARA2- Colin & Adrian win FF in Prague? WINNER
TARA3- Sam & Vince win FF in Taiwan WINNER
TARA4- (Hopefully xD ) Richard & Richard win FF in Sri Lanka
TAR13 - Nick & Starr win FF. WINNER
TAR15 - Meghan and Cheyne. WINNER
TAR16 - Dan and Jordan. WINNER.

So I guess there's a 50-50 that The Riches will win. I dunno.

Also Yeah. I think that Sahil & Manas should be penalized. TARA2 Leg 1 I think that the clue says Make your way not Travel by Taxi. It's kinda unfair that the climbing detour only used one station. I really think that this leg should be a NEL instead of the LEG 3 because I find it unfair.
"I heard you're dad went into a restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and they have to close the restaurant" -Ralph Wiggum

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 09:57:55 AM »

I disagree.

Tuk-tuks are the common way to travel in some countries similar to jeepneys and tricycles (a motorcycle with a sidecar, i.e. see the Philippine Leg of TAR Asia Season 2 with Rovilson Fernandez and Marc Nelson) and they should not be considered a taxi where and when a specific "TAXI" is also available.

I believe the guys Team from India should have been penalized. It would have been a more exciting ending for the fans of the team that got eliminated. lol

I really don't know about this. But i don't really care who gets eliminated. :lol3:

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 11:11:10 PM »
This is the Philippines version of tuktuk:

it's not a taxi, for sure

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I make Amazing Race SIMS Version Videos!!
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 02:38:23 AM »
This is the Philippines version of tuktuk:

it's not a taxi, for sure
:colors :colors

I've never seen Trycicles like that before!!

Definitely not taxi that's for sure...
"I heard you're dad went into a restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and they have to close the restaurant" -Ralph Wiggum

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 07:33:19 AM »
This leg was run in Sri Lanka. According to a local article there, trishaws in Sri Lanka are "ubiquitous" (omnipresent). below is a photo of a typical trishaw. Sri Lanka is in the middle of a conversion from 2-stroke engines to 4-stroke engines for trishaws.

Offline chanan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 07:27:57 PM »
im quite sad tat alan and wendy were eliminated... =(
wendy is such a sweetie!! they shouldnt have given up on the language challenge so easily....i was so happy at the start when they accelerated in the race to number 1, stupid bus...=.=
oh well..at least ivan and hilda are still in! hehe..most of the teams are pretty boring except them!

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 03:03:06 AM »
im quite sad tat alan and wendy were eliminated... =(
wendy is such a sweetie!! they shouldnt have given up on the language challenge so easily....i was so happy at the start when they accelerated in the race to number 1, stupid bus...=.=
oh well..at least ivan and hilda are still in! hehe..most of the teams are pretty boring except them!

Ivan and Hilda reminds of "Terri & Henry" from the Philippines in TARA SEason 2. Henry cried in the airport out of frustration with his wife Terry   lol

Hilda is such a nagger but nowhere near Terry