Archive > The Amazing Race 17 Spoilers & Speculation

TAR 17 Ep 5 "Tastes Like A Million Dollars." (Norway)

<< < (3/22) > >>

woden:
Norway! Even better for food choices. Here's hoping for some smalahove (smoked lamb's head) or torsketunger (cod's tongue).

Plaidmoon:

--- Quote from: woden on October 10, 2010, 07:47:08 PM ---Norway! Even better for food choices. Here's hoping for some smalahove (smoked lamb's head) or torsketunger (cod's tongue).

--- End quote ---

Those would be worthy choices, but the gag factor would probably be from the look of it rather than the flavor. Unless it was deliberately badly prepared like the 4 pound meat challenge in Argentina, which always looked horribly dry and overdone to me.

I've had Lutefisk during my exile in North Dakota and I kind of liked it. It has a bad reputation and it smells nasty, but the flavor is pretty mild and inoffensive. It's almost like a jellied fish texture. My biggest problem was that the version I had included quite a few small bones.

Plaidmoon

apskip:

--- Quote from: redskooky on October 10, 2010, 07:02:18 PM ---Spec, if they are crossing the Arctic Circle (why do i always not believe them) they will probably visit Narvik

--- Quote ---Situated 220 kilometres (140 mi) inside the arctic circle, Narvik is one of the most northerly towns in the world
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---There are highway connections from Narvik across the mountains eastwards to Abisko and Kiruna, Sweden (via European route E10). Ofotens Bilruter is based in Narvik.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---A present and historical key to land transportation to Narvik is the railroad from northern Sweden across the mountains to this port town. Goods like iron ore shipped via this railroad make Narvik an important seaport.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

redskooky,
Look again at where Kiruna is. It is above the Arctic Circle and Narvik is a slightly further north. Teams should go to Kiruna first for Ep. 4 pit stop and then on to Narvik for Ep. 5 pit stop.

Polarbear:
They actually went to Norway this time :O And I didn't catch anything? Dissapointing.

theschnauzers:
I believe in a previous season, they did the lutefish as a task. They
ve been to Scandinavia a few times now, but why do they keep skipping Denmark?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version