Author Topic: EP 2 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 32614 times)

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 2 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2010, 07:56:41 PM »

Phil:Andie & Jenna your the last team arrivail i am sorry to tell both of you have elimatoin form race

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2010, 07:56:50 PM »
Andie & Jenna are gone.  But the great plus for this team is that they have a couple weeks to spend together without the hassle of the race.
They get to catch up which is nice.
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »
Another leg I liked.  Good interactions with locals, some of tasks.  A Cast that so far is really cool.  ANd no one pissed me off, even a little.

Color me impressed.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2010, 07:59:13 PM »
Another leg I liked.  Good interactions with locals, some of tasks.  A Cast that so far is really cool.  ANd no one pissed me off, even a little.

Color me impressed.

Yeah.  Even Chad & Stephanie were good this leg.  Then again, they were near the front this leg.

Belle Book

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2010, 08:00:01 PM »
Aww....  :( I hate that they didn't get further in the race.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:10:43 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2010, 08:00:09 PM »
Next week on TAR:  Nick loses his cool and starts playing the blame game.  While Michael gets heat exhaustion.  

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2010, 08:01:30 PM »
Another leg I liked.  Good interactions with locals, some of tasks.  A Cast that so far is really cool.  ANd no one pissed me off, even a little.

Color me impressed.

Yeah.  Even Chad & Stephanie were good this leg.  Then again, they were near the front this leg.

Belle Book

Belle while they were the worst team last week they really weren't bad at all.  Compared to almost every season we have seen teams interact worse then what they did last week.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »
Thomas is beginning to remind me of Colin and that's not in a good way.
Really he doesn't seem bad at all.  He yell in a way that was clearly just so she could hear him over the crowd, and he is absolutely correct, their job is to get the task done as fast as possible.  Not quality control.  And lets face it based on the footage she didn't seem to be doing the task well at all.
You're right about that, mswood, but I get a bad vibe from Thomas from the two episodes on a whole.
I got that vibe from their pre race interviews but so far on the race, I haven't seen any behavior (so far) that is bad.  And when they have worked on a task together they have done really well, even when they weren't in the front of the pack.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2010, 08:18:01 PM »
Thank you for the show updates Ken and mswood! You always do a great job.  :hugs:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2010, 09:11:55 PM »
Any more funny moments courtesy of Nick & Vicki?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2010, 09:14:35 PM »
They actually got very little screen time.  But there was a couple cute scenes where Nick is trying to sell sun glasses.  The first was with a local much more into his ink, and the 2nd was a women who stole the sun glasses and wouldn't give them back.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2010, 09:54:12 PM »
it would have been a nice storyline for the mother and daughter to work better! sigh. it's another one of those times allfemale teams get screwed by cabs.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2010, 11:21:50 PM »
Brook & Claire first
Katie & Rachel second.

Have we ever had girl-girl teams finish 1-2 before?

Not that I'm aware of.  In TAR All-Stars two all-female teams finished second and third but not first and second.  Wish they did.

Belle Book

Christie & Jodi, Kisha & Jen, Season 14...

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2010, 12:40:56 AM »
I really liked the spirit of all the teams and is it just me or do Katie & Rachel remind anyone else of Kami & Karli?
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2010, 01:53:41 AM »
That's the most unusual location for a pitstop I have ever seen.... and it's fabulous! :hearts: Pitstop in the heart of a market! :colors
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2010, 03:29:16 AM »
I'll miss Andie and Jenna!  :'(

Off topic: Have you realised the Father/Daughter teams get car trouble? Steve and Allie & Gary and Mallory (in Ep. 1). Well, i dont know about the rest of the F/D teams but still...a coincidence.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2010, 08:10:56 AM »
THe most they can charge is 3 Cedi.
mswood,
It's the other way around. The minimum they can charge is 3 cedis ($2) for sunglasses. Teams had over 100 sunglasses each to sell, so the only way to prevent them from getting 15 cedis total unfairly by ridiculously low prices to motivate sales is to have the rule that establishes a minimum price.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:27:41 AM by apskip »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2010, 10:00:04 AM »
Another leg I liked.  Good interactions with locals, some of tasks.  A Cast that so far is really cool.  ANd no one pissed me off, even a little.

Color me impressed.

Belle Book

Belle while they were the worst team last week they really weren't bad at all.  Compared to almost every season we have seen teams interact worse then what they did last week.

Agreed -- I still remember Jonathan & Victoria!   (:;)

Belle Book

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2010, 11:27:58 AM »
THe most they can charge is 3 Cedi.
mswood,
It's the other way around. The minimum they can charge is 3 cedis ($2) for sunglasses. Teams had over 100 sunglasses each to sell, so the only way to prevent them from getting 15 cedis total unfairly by ridiculously low prices to motivate sales is to have the rule that establishes a minimum price.

I was wondering if an effective strategy would have been to ask for 5 cedis and allow yourself to get haggled down to 3 or 4 cetis. I think that is the custom in 3rd world market places. The sellers get what they wanted (3 ceti) and the customers feel like they got a deal.

However, with all the other teams screaming "Sunglasses for 3 ceti!" it may not have worked.

Plaidmoon

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2010, 11:35:13 AM »
I'm loving this season more and more! Great tasks and great cast. Brooke and Claire really impressed me. For a pair of "pink, seemingly bimbotic girls at first impression", they're totally not what they look like. Completing both Roadblock and Detour in first place and winning the leg... These are tough, tough girls.

I'm really impressed with Katie and Rachel as well! They just come out of nowhere and are really dominating it. They've been really consistent the past two legs. It's a pity they seem pretty bland, I guess they just haven't been given much airtime.

Michael and Kevin surprised me this leg! I honestly didn't expect them to do that well. I like the father-son rapport, they've been working well together. I didn't expect myself to like this team, I initially thought that Kevin would be an attention-seeker due to his Youtube popularity lol. But in time to come, they just might be one of my favourite teams this season.

I don't know if it's just me, but I thought that the part where the middle-position racers were racing to the pit-stop was really exciting! The positions just kept shifting due to the cabs over taking one another. Kudos to Nat and Kat's driver, coming in from second-last to seventh! I love it that they don't just make the first and last place racing exciting, but also the middle part.

It's a bummer that Andie and Jenna went. They were doing well initially. Bad luck with the cab there... I wish the Mother and Daughter team could have stayed longer to develop their story and chemistry more, it's a pity...
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2010, 11:50:04 AM »
This season really reminded me of TAR 14 (one of my most favourite seasons ever), in terms of teams especially. There is barely one team which i really cannot stand, Thomas was really impatient, but the fact that Jill was okay neutralize the effect. Chad and Stephanie didn't turn out to be that bad after all. I love all the all-female teams, Connor and Jonathan are hilarious chaps, Nick and Vicki are just fun to watch while Mallory is totally amusing to watch. Not to mention Kevin and Michael who supported one another.

Although Andie and Jenna were eliminated, you kind of expect that to happen. They were totally uncompetitive (many times the camera caught them taking their own sweet time), but overall i really hope they got a good experience on the race. Hey, Ghana is one place you would never think you'll visit in a million years. To be eliminated in that country? It's a memory of a lifetime too.

The sunglasses Roadblock was cool.. it has been a long time since we had a selling task, while the Detour.. LOVED IT. It's detour like this that showcases literally what's down beneath at poverty level as well as what we can see commonly in a country like Ghana itself.

Katie and Rachel and Brooke and Claire are just impressing me so much. I mean, if they came in first in a developed country, that would have been like.. okay, they're good. But wow, to go against less developed country curse where all-female teams were generally eliminated and come in first and second, you gotta give them loads of props for doing so well!!

I gotta say i really enjoy watching Brooke and Mallory race. They're fun to watch and bring loads and new elements to the race. :D Not to forget that the start of the episode showed a great view of the castle pitstop in England, which is totalleh amazing.

I love TAR!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2010, 12:03:26 PM »
I especially loved the part of "I'm installing your TV and doing it with a smile, that's customer service!"
The story so far:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2010, 06:32:53 PM »
Brook & Claire first
Katie & Rachel second.

Have we ever had girl-girl teams finish 1-2 before?

Not that I'm aware of.  In TAR All-Stars two all-female teams finished second and third but not first and second.  Wish they did.

Belle Book

Christie & Jodi, Kisha & Jen, Season 14...

Forgot them.  I loved that season, so why did I forget them?  Anyway, thanks!

Belle Book

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2010, 08:43:16 PM »
I remember D&K and Charla & Mirna doing the 1 and 2 in All Stars (twice), and I remembered the lets Russian leg that Jodi & Christie won with Kisha & Jen in 2nd (thank you earlier flight) but I couldn't remember their names during the broadcast.

I honestly think this is only the fourth time its happened.  But I could be wrong.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2010, 06:04:51 AM »
I'm loving this season more and more! Great tasks and great cast. Brooke and Claire really impressed me. For a pair of "pink, seemingly bimbotic girls at first impression", they're totally not what they look like. Completing both Roadblock and Detour in first place and winning the leg... These are tough, tough girls.

I'm really impressed with Katie and Rachel as well! They just come out of nowhere and are really dominating it. They've been really consistent the past two legs. It's a pity they seem pretty bland, I guess they just haven't been given much airtime.

Michael and Kevin surprised me this leg! I honestly didn't expect them to do that well. I like the father-son rapport, they've been working well together. I didn't expect myself to like this team, I initially thought that Kevin would be an attention-seeker due to his Youtube popularity lol. But in time to come, they just might be one of my favourite teams this season.

I don't know if it's just me, but I thought that the part where the middle-position racers were racing to the pit-stop was really exciting! The positions just kept shifting due to the cabs over taking one another. Kudos to Nat and Kat's driver, coming in from second-last to seventh! I love it that they don't just make the first and last place racing exciting, but also the middle part.

It's a bummer that Andie and Jenna went. They were doing well initially. Bad luck with the cab there... I wish the Mother and Daughter team could have stayed longer to develop their story and chemistry more, it's a pity...

Actually, Andie and Jenna will have a much better opportunity to develop their chemistry at Elimination Station than they would have staying in the race. They looked like they were very relaxed, having fun and enjoying each others'  company in the latest Elimination Station video.