Author Topic: TAR 17 Scheduling + Airing Times  (Read 14073 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 17 Scheduling + Airing Times
« on: September 30, 2010, 12:07:44 PM »
Please post any time issues, overruns here.

Would also like to hear some opinions on the end date since it appears we have a 12 episode run...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:51:55 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 17 Scheduling plus Airing Times
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 01:42:02 PM »
I had posted this in the episode 2 thread before this thread was created, so I'm copying it over. The URL for the506 website is http://the506.com, and its has sports programming distribution maps for NFL, college football, and other sports there (expanded this month, in fact)

I'm putting this information in the episode thread because it deals with the CBS NFL game distribution that affects the airtime of this episode on Sunday.
This week CBS is sending only one game to all markets. (FOX has the doubleheader.)
However, there are two games airing in late afternoon that will affect some markets that broadcast the CBS east coast primetime feed. The games are Indianapolis and Jacksonville, and Houston at Oakland. Based on the map posted at the506.com, CBS markets that may have an NFL overrun include much of Texas, Florida and Georgia, all of Michigan, most of Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin, parts of Missouri and South Carolina, and most of the west coast (but that would be an early afternoon game for them and they won't have a delay.) Some local station might make changes before Sunday, but no changes are listed yet at the map site.

TAR 17 finale, I would think is December 12th, with Survivor on the 19th.  We've had those dates in past seasons.  This would imply no skipped weeks during the season.
If there is a skipped week around Thanksgiving, then it almost certainly points to a two-hour finale of the last two legs on the 12th. (It depends how many hours CBS is given Undercover Boss before Christmas; especially with the likelihood of a two-hour Hallmark special which is usually on a Sunday in December before Christmas.)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:51:47 PM by TexasLady »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Re: TAR 17 Scheduling + Airing Times
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 02:21:14 AM »
It's possible that we may have a 2-hour finale consisting of the 11th and 12th legs.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 07:12:34 AM »
From looking at those game maps on the 506 website, I am deducing that FOX has the double header this Sunday. Dallas will have the early game on CBS and the rest of Texas will have the late game on CBS. Does that mean that TAR will start at 7pm for Dallas and will start later if there is a game delay for the rest of Texas? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Matthew 7:15

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 07:58:33 AM »
Thanks DrRox, you might be right about a delay...

Here is a CBS Eye-lert for 10/1/10:

An NFL runover on Sunday, 10/3 could delay start times for 60 Minutes (7:00 pm ET), Amazing Race (8:00pm ET), Undercover Boss (9:00pm ET) and CSI: Miami (10:00pm ET).
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 10:27:13 AM »
Does that mean that TAR will start at 7pm for Dallas and will start later if there is a game delay for the rest of Texas?

That is correct. If the 506 lists a late game on CBS on a non-doubleheader week, then those areas receiving a late game can anticipate an overrun while the areas only getting an early game will start on time.

It's one reason I posted the information, and posted that link.  That site is the only place I've found tjat compiles this information accurately; and IIRC, it's been known abour in TAR fandom for about 5 years now. Ny the way, the only switches in local markets were around San Francisco/Oakland , because one of those teams did not have a sellout at least 72 hours in advance of the game. But they don't have to worry about a TAR braodcast delay anyhow.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 06:56:08 PM »
The NFL distribution maps for the coming Sunday's CBS doubleheader are now out, and it appears the entire US east of the Rockies will be getting Tennessee at Dallas; as well as half of the western U.S.  The other areas are not on the east coast feed, so they won't have a NFL overrun to worry about.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 02:26:24 PM »
The Kansas City markey has switched to the game that much of the western part of the U.S. is getting, so there's a possibility that any overrun will include both of the late CBS games today.

(A couple of the west coast markets flipped, but those won't affect the showtime on the west coast.

Will post CBS eye-lert when received.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 06:08:20 PM »
Thanks TS, there will be a delay, the Dallas/Titans game is still being played, they have 9 mins left at the moment and tied.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 06:59:38 PM »
I'll relay this is the live episode thread, but the Eye-lert says:

Revised start times for tonight's CBS programs: 60 Minutes (7:58pm ET), Amazing Race (8:58pm ET), Undercover Boss (9:58pm ET) and CSI: Miami (10:58pm ET) due to CBS Sports live coverage of the NFL.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 07:08:38 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 10:02:32 PM »
Hey guys, do we have a preliminary idea (give or take a week) when the finale's going to be? I'll be leaving the States mid-December and was wondering about TARCon...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 10:05:51 PM »
Since we have 12 eps (as we know from PHil), with no double eps, that puts it 12/12.  BUT some of us think that makes the Survivor finale awfully close to Christmas, so are wondering if perhaps they could be considering a 2 hour finale, which would make it 12/5...much more appealing. (total spec! :lol: )

Either 12/5 or 12/12....  And you BETTER come!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 04:42:51 PM »
Quite a few major markets in the eastern and central time zones are getting the single CBS ga,e at 4:15 pm ET on Sunday, and may have a NFL overrun.
Among those markets getting the late game are:
New Orleans, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit and other parts of the Michigan lower penisula, Philadelphia, New York City, all of New Jersey, Parts of "upstate New York (Albany and the Hudson River Valley) and Long Island, southern Vermont, western Massachusetts, western Connecticut, and South Dakota, western Nebraska, western Kansas, much of New Mexico. Most of the Rocky Mountains and Western states are getting the late games but their prime time schedules won't be affected.
If I happen to get a CBS EYe-lert, I'll try to post the information, but my market is not getting a late game Sunday.

Next week, someone else may need to check the506.com website, although CBS should be having the doubleheader on 10/24. (I'll be having eye surgery on Tuesday, and I have no idea if I'll be able to post online for a few days afterwards.
-- theschnauzers

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
Good luck on the surgery!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 06:20:16 PM »
For the east, Jets/Broncos is over. 60 mInutes started at 719pm.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 07:08:14 PM »
Next Sunday (10/24) is a doubleheader Sunday for CBS; everyone is getting a late game, except for the Tampa Bay area, which is getting only an early game due to NFL home blackout rules.
There are two late games for CBS, so I would anticipate that viewers of the game that ends first will be switched to the other late game at its conclusion.
-- theschnauzers

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 06:20:47 PM »
8:17

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 06:27:46 PM »
For those who had the New England-San Diego game, from CBS

Revised start times for tonight's CBS programs: 60 Minutes (7:16pm ET), Amazing Race (8:16pm ET), Undercover Boss (9:16pm ET) and CSI: Miami (10:16pm ET) due to CBS Sports live coverage of the NFL.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 10:32:09 PM »
Quite a few markets that get the CBS east coast feed are currently scheduled to get the one late CBS game on Sunday, and risk a NFL overrun Sunday evening 10/31.

These markets include those centered on Memphis, Nashville, Charlotte, St. Louis, Norfolk, Washington DC, New York City, Detroit, Green Bay, Milwaukee. Much of Michigan, Tenneesee, and Wisconsin are also included (Tennessee v. San Diego)

All of the other CBS games on Sunday are early games.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 12:42:11 PM »
Question: when does the Daylight Savings Time end in the US?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 01:16:27 PM »
One week from today....
Matthew 7:15

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 05:07:59 PM »
Most of the U.S. appears to get the Tennessee/San Diego game that started at 405pm. AT 606pm there is 6.5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and the score is 19-17, which means a tie is unlikely.  I see a good possibility of 60 Minutes starting at 7pm.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »
Apskip, actually most US markets are not getting the late game. A lot of NFL teams' home markets are, but this is not a doubleheader week. (See my post above from October 26th.) Here's the link to this week's map for CBS games.  The areas in green are getting the late game: http://the506.com/sports/?tag=2010-week-8
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 05:37:44 PM »
I'm safe?? :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule: