Author Topic: TARA 4 Media  (Read 6212 times)

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TARA 4 Media
« on: September 26, 2010, 03:00:44 AM »
http://ecentral.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/9/23/tvnradio/7075599&sec=tvnradio

Thursday September 23, 2010

Fun and exotic
By EVELYN TEO
startwo@thestar.com.my

Season Four of The Amazing Race Asia injects humour into the challenges.

THE wait is over! Two years after the last race, The Amazing Race Asia (TARA) Season Four is back with more thrills and spills. While Season Three was billed as the toughest ever, this season will be filled with wacky moments and laughs.

“We try to keep every season fresh and new,” explained executive producer Michael McKay in an interview with StarTwo in Singapore last month.

“Last season was dubbed the hardest race ever. We looked at very gritty, grimy, hot and sweaty type of places. This time we will take viewers to more exotic locations.

Pocketful of comedy: Ethan and Khairie in action in The Amazing Race Asia Season Four

“We also wanted a lot more humour in it. In the hardest race ever, it was challenge after challenge – 28-hour bus trips and things like that. Season Four is actually quite funny and viewers will find it very entertaining. That’s not to say there aren’t arguments and fights, and so on.”

Which teams should viewers look out for?

“Manas and Sahil (from India) are really, really fun and funny,” said Amazing Race Asia host Allan Wu.

“Ivan and Hilda from Malaysia will not waste any time getting your attention. They have so much love for each other that it’s inspiring. Ethan and Khairie (also from Malaysia) are just a pocketful of comedy.

“There’s never a dull moment,” he added. The other seven teams racing through various locations performing specific tasks and vying for the US$100,000 (RM300,000) prize money are Yani and Nadine (Indonesia), Dimple and Sunaina (India), Claire and Michelle (Singapore), Natasha and Hussein (Indonesia), Wendy and Alan (Hong Kong), Jess and Lani (the Philippines) and Richard Herera and Richard Hardin (the Philippines).

“This race is more than just being stuck on an island, or being on stage and singing a song. It’s about relationships so it’s important to get a diverse group of people together, and see how they fare under so much pressure and stress.”

Indeed, in the first episode of TARA (which media members viewed a week before it aired on TV), viewers will get a taste of what both McKay and Wu are talking about.

The race begins in Kuala Lumpur, and you’ll be able to tell who’s a drama-mama, the one who can’t stop talking and which team ends up fighting at the slightest provocation within the first 30 minutes. Viewers will be in stitches from some of the team’s antics and if the premiere episode is anything to go by, we will be in for a highly entertaining season.

Filmed a few months ago, Season Four will see the racers covering about 33,000km.

“It’s not our longest race (that honour goes to the second season which had racers travelling over 50,000km) but I wanted really gorgeous locations,” he revealed. “We wanted people who watch this series to feel like they are being taken to somewhere fresh or new, glamorous or spectacular.”

And just because the locations are stunning doesn’t mean the challenges are easy. “There are a couple of challenges this season that are the funniest things I’ve ever seen on any race,” he said.

“It’s still a tough race,” McKay added.

“But we wanted to make sure the teams and viewers had some fun along the way. We put the teams through some really funny situations to see how they will cope. I don’t know if they (the teams) found it funny but we sure did!”

> The Amazing Race Asia Season Four premieres tonight at 9pm on AXN (Astro Channel 701). For more on host Allan Wu, pick up a copy of the Oct1-16 issue of Galaxie.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARA 4 Media
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:45:50 AM »
Someone who went on the media launch with teams

http://chicogarcia.wordpress.com/2010/09/28/the-amazing-race-asia-4/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 04:36:39 AM »
TARA 4 Current Leaderboard:

Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 11:48:33 PM »
It was dying but still sad...

Dear AXN Asia Community Members,

Thank you for your support and participation in our online community over the years. As we would like to focus more of our efforts on Facebook and Twitter, after much consideration, we regret to inform you that we have decided to close the AXN Asia community effective 1st June 2011.

Warmest Regards,
The AXN Asia Teams
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.