Author Topic: "Dumbest Team Ever" ?? "Hysterical Corkers"??  (Read 12751 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
"Dumbest Team Ever" ?? "Hysterical Corkers"??
« on: September 25, 2010, 11:36:15 AM »
Someone has clearly seen the episode....   :ascared :lol: :ascared
Bolds are all mine....

Storming the Battlements: Quick Thoughts on Season Seventeen of The Amazing Race
Written by Jace | Friday, September 24, 2010 |

By now, we've all seen the watermelon-to-the-face viral video making the rounds the last few weeks, but the season opener of CBS' The Amazing Race is far more than just than cringe-inducing moment of pain.

In fact, the opener to the seventeenth (!!!) season of The Amazing Race ("They Don't Call It the Amazing Race for Nothin'!") might just go down as one of the series' all-time bests, sending the contestants across the pond to England, where they're forced to contend with scaling the walls of a castle, learning the definition of "battlements," discovering what Stonehenge is, and performing a rather difficult balancing act. That is, when they're not getting hopelessly lost driving on the left side of the road, as happens to more than just one hopeful team.

As with all great seasons, the success or failure of an individual reality competition cycle rests pretty squarely on the casting and I have to say that they've more than come through with the cast of this cycle of TAR. Ivy League a cappela singers, home shopping network mavens, beach volleyball partners, doctors, a biological mother and the daughter she gave up for adoption, plus the usual assortment of best friends, romantic couples, and family members.

Plus, what might just be the dumbest team ever to race for a million dollars. I'll let you discover just which team this might be as they deliver some absolutely hysterical corkers in this first episode alone. And a new twist that's mentioned at the start that could have some real consequences on the race ahead, as well as a major advantage for whichever team manages to snag this first-time game-changer.

But, ultimately, it's another season of fun challenges, tense team members, beautiful sights and sounds, and a heart-pumping race to the finish line. Not to mention a swiftly raised eyebrow from host Phil Keoghan.

http://www.televisionaryblog.com/2010/09/storming-battlements-quick-thoughts-on.html

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: "Dumbest Team Ever" ?? "Hysterical Corkers"??
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 11:52:19 AM »
woah. All-time best. I hope it will be! :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »
I'm guessing it's Ron & Tony who are the dumbest team ever -- and that's why they're the first team out.

Belle Book

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 05:32:21 PM »
This makes me all the more excited! :)
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 05:42:22 PM »
Jeff and Jordan are not the Dumbest Team Ever? :lol3: Joke. Peace JJ fans! :waves:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 09:45:10 AM »
On Andrea's facebook page:

"Laugh at yourself first - before any one else can...." okay, I'm gonna go ahead and start laughing:-)

A clue, perhaps? I'm probably drawing a pretty long bow here, but meh.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »
My money is on Chad and Stephanie...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 10:28:31 AM »
I don't know we have had some really stupid racers.... 

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 04:29:40 PM »
Someone has clearly seen the episode....   :ascared :lol: :ascared
Bolds are all mine....

Storming the Battlements: Quick Thoughts on Season Seventeen of The Amazing Race

By now, we've all seen the watermelon-to-the-face viral video making the rounds the last few weeks, but the season opener of CBS' The Amazing Race is far more than just than cringe-inducing moment of pain.

In fact, the opener to the seventeenth (!!!) season of The Amazing Race ("They Don't Call It the Amazing Race for Nothin'!") might just go down as one of the series' all-time bests, sending the contestants across the pond to England, where they're forced to contend with scaling the walls of a castle, learning the definition of "battlements," discovering what Stonehenge is, and performing a rather difficult balancing act. That is, when they're not getting hopelessly lost driving on the left side of the road, as happens to more than just one hopeful team.

As with all great seasons, the success or failure of an individual reality competition cycle rests pretty squarely on the casting and I have to say that they've more than come through with the cast of this cycle of TAR. Ivy League a cappela singers, home shopping network mavens, beach volleyball partners, doctors, a biological mother and the daughter she gave up for adoption, plus the usual assortment of best friends, romantic couples, and family members.

Plus, what might just be the dumbest team ever to race for a million dollars. I'll let you discover just which team this might be as they deliver some absolutely hysterical corkers in this first episode alone. And a new twist that's mentioned at the start that could have some real consequences on the race ahead, as well as a major advantage for whichever team manages to snag this first-time game-changer.

But, ultimately, it's another season of fun challenges, tense team members, beautiful sights and sounds, and a heart-pumping race to the finish line. Not to mention a swiftly raised eyebrow from host Phil Keoghan.

http://www.televisionaryblog.com/2010/09/storming-battlements-quick-thoughts-on.html

The portion of the article outlined in red above makes me think that the "dumbest team ever" survives this first leg.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 04:38:43 PM »
Someone has clearly seen the episode....   :ascared :lol: :ascared
Bolds are all mine....

The portion of the article outlined in red above makes me think that the "dumbest team ever" survives this first leg.
Usually teams labeled as "dumb" tend to be either athletic or lucky enough to offset their disadvantage
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »
It says "first episode alone " So, that means they must make it past episode one.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 07:29:51 AM »
Ron and Tony were not dumb, but Tony had zero map-reading skills. He just sat in the back seat with the map in his lap never trying to use it.

Now, the actual hysterical corker I heard last night was by Vicki, who in response to a question from Phil on what country they were in answered "The Country of London." Vicki was extremely impressive minutes earlier going hand-over-hand upside down in the boat.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 07:34:49 AM »
Mallory had what I can only describe as a "Small things amuse small minds" moment when she stated "I wish I could juggle on a ball"

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 07:45:42 AM »
It would be interesting to re-poll readers for the dumbest team ever now that we have seem the first episode.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »
Okay.. the dumbest team ever has to be Nick and Vicky now.. surprise surprise... :lol:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »
Mallory had what I can only describe as a "Small things amuse small minds" moment when she stated "I wish I could juggle on a ball"
I hope she keeps her sunshine spirit. Was it just me, or was there lots of good sportsmanship and positiveness in this episode? Even Chad admitting the leg was humbling made me feel different from the previous times where teams were just shouting and bickering, I found this premiere to be particularly "happy".
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 10:51:52 AM »
I hope she keeps her sunshine spirit. Was it just me, or was there lots of good sportsmanship and positiveness in this episode? Even Chad admitting the leg was humbling made me feel different from the previous times where teams were just shouting and bickering, I found this premiere to be particularly "happy".

:tup: Joab likes this post. :lol:

Offline Kaylynn

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Future The amazing race contestant.
    • The Splash
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 10:08:21 AM »
haha I say the dumbest racers are Kami and Karli. They remind me of Nick and Vicky. sliding in second to last. I wouldn't be suprised if next leg they are 8th then 7th than 6th and so on until they go
Casting for Kaylynn's The Amazing Race 1. SIGN UP!
Current Fan Amazing Race
Kevin's Amazing Race- Kaylynn/Taylor
Amazing Race Game 5- Thomas/Kaylynn