Author Topic: EP 1 Premiere! East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 61137 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next

Ghana

Gary & Mallroy no luck with cars.

This is pretty early for culture shock.  Awesome.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Short break and then, TAR:LA

Yeah. Let's see who can lost in the traffic over there the quckest.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Yeah. Let's see who can lost in the traffic over there the quckest.

is any way find in eglish

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It's a joke, Zachary.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Really strong episode.

Nice locals, nice tasks.

A cast that so far isn't offensive (though brain cells might be in short supply).

Very nice.

Loves:
Claire not falling apart.

Teams that impressed me (not necessarily in race play but how I liked them):
Jill & Thomas (just really worked well together) level headed so far, Connor & Jonathan for humor, Brook & Claire (though like the Bowling Mom's the loud voice over time might get annoying) and Nat & Kat.

Also liked Gary & Mallory (want to see more of Katie & Rachel and Michael & Kevin).

Heck I didn't even hate Chad & Stephanie, as they were much nicer then so many other fighting teams.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
How could you not love the Bowling Moms haha
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster

Any stream for this?

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
How could you not love the Bowling Moms haha
I did love the Bowling Mom's but when they got loud they got loud, and that is just something I have never liked in anyone.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline CSSVT

• RFF Not So Newbie
Really strong episode.

Nice locals, nice tasks.

A cast that so far isn't offensive (though brain cells might be in short supply).

Very nice.

Loves:

Jill & Thomas (just really worked well together) level headed so far, Connor & Jonathan for humor, Brook & Claire (though like the Bowling Mom's the loud voice over time might get annoying) and Nat & Kat.

Also liked Gary & Mallory (want to see more of Katie & Rachel and Michael & Kevin).

Heck I didn't even hate Chad & Stephanie, as they were much nicer then so many other fighting teams.

Dunno, the guy planning on proposing during the show seems like he's got the potential.............

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Any stream for this?

please dan we neede one

There's no stream for TAR: Los Angeles. Like I said, it's a joke.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Any stream for this?

please dan we neede one

i thought you latin edtoin becuase that come on tonight too

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster

Any stream for this?

please dan we neede one

Latin America?? Starts tonight.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I thought it meant something else. Jesus H, I'm dumb. I think my blonde roots are showing.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Really strong episode.

Nice locals, nice tasks.

Very nice.

Loves:

Dunno, the guy planning on proposing during the show seems like he's got the potential.............
Potential perhaps, but really didn't see a lot in this episode (though will be watching again in a few minutes to get more accurate quotes, and thus paying more attention to specific dialogue), but he didn't act like he was the only voice of his team as we have several times when they disagree and go with her choice, I didn't hear any this is all your fault type of comments, no name calling that I recalled.  He was a little loud and a perhaps a little controlling.  But lets face it so was Brook. 

Of course it's still early yet.... (and I really might have missed some bits of dialogue).

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Awesome start to the Amazing Race 17! Man that was already some excitement 10 minutes into the show, where Katie and Rachel and Chad and Stephanie were racing for the first flight. It was a bummer that the girls didn't make it, but heck, they beat them to the pit-stop anyway. I'm impressed with them this leg!

From this first episode, I really like Brooke and Claire for their energy on the race, Nat and Kat for their level-headedness and working well together, and Connor and Jonathan for being so... Geeky and funny. I like Jill and Thomas for working so well together this leg and coming in first, but I'll have to see what they'll be like in future legs. I like Michael and Kevin too! Love it that Kevin was so encouraging towards his dad. The other teams were kinda boring IMO. Chad has to tone it down, Nick and Vicky have got to be way more alert. A pity Ron and Tony lost their whole lead altogether, I think they're nice guys. But well, a team has to go.

I can't wait to see how teams will adapt when they go to Ghana next week! Looking forward to the rest of this great season. :D
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Awesome start to the Amazing Race 17! Man that was already some excitement 10 minutes into the show, where Katie and Rachel and Chad and Stephanie were racing for the first flight. It was a bummer that the girls didn't make it, but heck, they beat them to the pit-stop anyway. I'm impressed with them this leg!

From this first episode, I really like Brooke and Claire for their energy on the race, Nat and Kat for their level-headedness and working well together, and Connor and Jonathan for being so... Geeky and funny. I like Jill and Thomas for working so well together this leg and coming in first, but I'll have to see what they'll be like in future legs. I like Michael and Kevin too! Love it that Kevin was so encouraging towards his dad. The other teams were kinda boring IMO. Chad has to tone it down, Nick and Vicky have got to be way more alert. A pity Ron and Tony lost their whole lead altogether, I think they're nice guys. But well, a team has to go.

I can't wait to see how teams will adapt when they go to Ghana next week! Looking forward to the rest of this great season. :D

Seriously Ruth, we need to stop talking about the same thing or people will think we're the same person. I thought the first 10 minutes of the show was stunningly, amazingly and awesomely good too.

And we always have the same views on all the teams too. I really like all the all-female teams and Connor and Jonathan. I particularly like the father and daughter team too. The father/daughter, father/son and mother/daughter team this season really made the race so much more interesting! I think this is the first time we had like 3 parent-child team in a single season??

This season's cast is kinda good IMO. :tup:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
It was a fun first episode. I liked how the challenges were challenging and the potential for mishaps aplenty. The only problem for me with this episode was that it quickly turned predictable. Once Ron & Tony, Nick & Vicki, and Andie & Jenna all fell behind, I knew the end would be easy to guess. I like premiere episodes best when you can't tell who is going out first (remember TAR 14 anyone?).

But I love the cast so far! We needed to see some more air time from Michael & Kevin and Nick & Vicki, and less from Brook & Claire and Chad & Stephanie. Everyone else was pretty well balanced. So far there isn't any one team I don't like.

It's too bad it had to be Ron & Tony out first, though. Too predictable. It was easy to tell it would be them, for some reason. :(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I honestly think that the editors had a different approach to editing this time round. The premiere was 90 minutes long and we got a decent share of every single team on the race. Except with loads of edit coming from Brooke and Claire particularly only. It was very different from TAR 14 where we didn't know who will win until the last 10 minutes, for this premiere, Jill and Thomas won the leg when there's still 1/3 of the show left. I think by "checking" a team into a pitstop, the editor can safely stop showing footages of the teams leading and focused more on the teams who lagged behind. I think it is in the last 30 minutes of the show that we got to see how clueless Nick and Vicky can be, how nice the mother and daughter can be..

And it just so happens that Chad and Stefenie were leading the pack at first.. then lagged behind.. so they were shown throughout the episode. :lol:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern

This shot was taken at 8:39 pm (September 26th)
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

This shot was taken at 8:39 pm (September 26th)

How did you figure out the time? It's indoors and there's no shadows. Is it from the exif data?  :duno:

I'm also having trouble identifying the teams.  :umn:  Anybody know who they are?  :(

Ghana is WAY different than I was expecting.  :colors

Plaidmoon

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
From left to right:

Gary, Mallory, Jill, Thomas, Stephanie, Chad, Vicki and Nick.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
From left to right:

Gary, Mallory, Jill, Thomas, Stephanie, Chad, Vicki and Nick.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me. I forgot what the subject of this thread is. I was thinking that the picture was supposed to an image from Episode 2 and that Chateau had put up some random image by mistake. I was trying to have some fun and be gently sarcastic, but now I just feel dumb.  :groan:

Plaidmoon