Author Topic: TAR 18 Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 90746 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Pre-Race Speculation
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »
So, based on the hints left by peach on the spec thread, I'm assuming the following:

*The skipped season could be Season 13, since there wasn't any interesting inter-team relations (IMO)  pther than Dallas/Starr
*The only rivalries I can think of (12-16) are: Sam & Dan vs Meghan & Cheyne and Margie & Luke vs Kisha & Jen
*"Second chance" teams give me the idea of teams that raced well but were eliminated due to one fatal mistake, such as Zev & Justin and Gary & Mallory

As for "CBS favorites" I don't know if by "favorites" they mean the quirky, funny or bickering teams

Any thoughts?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2010, 03:16:36 PM »
So, based on the hints left by peach on the spec thread, I'm assuming the following:

*The skipped season could be Season 13, since there wasn't any interesting inter-team relations (IMO)  pther than Dallas/Starr
*The only rivalries I can think of (12-16) are: Sam & Dan vs Meghan & Cheyne and Margie & Luke vs Kisha & Jen
*"Second chance" teams give me the idea of teams that raced well but were eliminated due to one fatal mistake, such as Zev & Justin and Gary & Mallory

As for "CBS favorites" I don't know if by "favorites" they mean the quirky, funny or bickering teams

Any thoughts?

I still don't think they will bring back rivalries. That will bring down the image of the show. I do like the second chances idea though. This will excite the fans, be different than TAR 11, and actually be a really good idea. Why can't Toni and Dallas be a second chance team form 13? Also will this bring back all the U-turned teams?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2010, 03:19:30 PM »
India appears to be off the travel warning list, so I'm expecting a visit in TAR 18.
The only other ones I strongly believe in are Indonesia and Australia.

And yes, I like the idea of second chances. Just call it Return of the Racers and I'll be satisfied.
I hate interteam rivalries, I love intrateam drama.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2010, 03:21:01 PM »
Where are these hints?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2010, 03:23:01 PM »
Where are these hints?

Peach posted a summary of all of her theories and source info over here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23693.0.html. It's more of a teaser than anything else.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2010, 03:26:09 PM »
Wow, exciting! I hope TAR16 is the one overlooked tbh...I want to see Ken and Tina back personally....I'm now very excited!!!!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2010, 03:26:30 PM »
Why can't Toni and Dallas be a second chance team form 13?
I was speculating under the supposition that Season 13 is the most likely to be skipped.
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2010, 03:29:55 PM »
Why can't Toni and Dallas be a second chance team form 13?
I was speculating under the supposition that Season 13 is the most likely to be skipped.

I know, but it seems like they would fit that theme. I would guess 15 because everyone that was eliminated that year deserved it.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2010, 03:30:52 PM »
TAR15 maybe?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2010, 03:43:56 PM »
Woahhhh! The staff from the amazing race came to the gas station to get like 20 car washes :) 4 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Tweeter is in Ontario, Canada.  Not firm enough for a Live Sighting, but who knows?

I discovered this same tweet this afternoon. From what he has told me he believes that it was the production for the American race on their way somewhere. This doesn't really seem to fit but is worth keeping in mind. The main reason being that the location he was at in Ontario is about an hours drive from the Niagara area.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:47:38 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2010, 03:58:38 PM »
Woahhhh! The staff from the amazing race came to the gas station to get like 20 car washes :) 4 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Tweeter is in Ontario, Canada.  Not firm enough for a Live Sighting, but who knows?

I discovered this same tweet this afternoon. From what he has told me he believes that it was the production for the American race on their way somewhere. This doesn't really seem to fit but is worth keeping in mind. The main reason being that the location he was at in Ontario is about an hours drive from the Niagara area.
Maybe production is preparing the cars for the Start Line nearby? (probably the US side of the falls)
The story so far:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2010, 03:59:48 PM »
US Side of Niagra Falls, now that would be great!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2010, 04:00:44 PM »

Tweeter is in Ontario, Canada.  Not firm enough for a Live Sighting, but who knows?

Maybe production is preparing the cars for the Start Line nearby? (probably the US side of the falls)

That's my thought but it's not quite close enough to be nearby or far enough to forget about. If I am not mistaken the first task is almost always to drive themselves and with 11 or 12 teams over twenty cars is not too many.

I would keep a Niagara startline in mind for sure.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2010, 04:04:56 PM »

Tweeter is in Ontario, Canada.  Not firm enough for a Live Sighting, but who knows?

That's my thought but it's not quite close enough to be nearby or far enough to forget about. If I am not mistaken the first task is almost always to drive themselves and with 11 or 12 teams over twenty cars is not too many.

I would keep a Niagara startline in mind for sure.
Maybe twenty was an exaggeration. If you have 11-12 teams you should at least have 2-3 spare cars in case one fails.
The story so far:

calibound234

« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2010, 04:13:12 PM »
Ahh I live an hour away from Niagara Falls. Possibly they could be flying out of Buffalo Airport? or even Rochester?

That is if Niagara Falls is the startline. Or instead of flying for the 1st task, they could drive across the border into Canada and do some things before flying out of Toronto?

calibound234

« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2010, 04:15:23 PM »
And with the HD, what an awesome place to start out Season 18. Breathtaking views of Niagara Falls

sounds convincing enough to me.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2010, 04:17:29 PM »
I agree, what better place to begin the HD Format  :tup:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2010, 04:55:19 PM »

Maybe twenty was an exaggeration. If you have 11-12 teams you should at least have 2-3 spare cars in case one fails.

What about producers and extra cameras?

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2010, 05:05:59 PM »
Ahh I live an hour away from Niagara Falls. Possibly they could be flying out of Buffalo Airport? or even Rochester?

That is if Niagara Falls is the startline. Or instead of flying for the 1st task, they could drive across the border into Canada and do some things before flying out of Toronto?

The nearest airports at Niagara Falls is Buffalo and Toronto.  Toronto is a bigger airport than Buffalo and has alot of international flights outbound.  Could the race start filming tomorrow.  Weather for Monday in the area is rain, but tomorrow's weather there would be mostly cloudy, but good.  A Sunday start is most likely.  Driving to the first destination on the first leg happened before on Amazing Race 8, when the families drove from New York to Pennsylvania.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2010, 05:09:20 PM »

The nearest airports at Niagara Falls is Buffalo and Toronto.  Toronto is a bigger airport than Buffalo and has alot of international flights outbound.  Could the race start filming tomorrow.  Weather for Monday in the area is rain, but tomorrow's weather there would be mostly cloudy, but good.  A Sunday start is most likely.  Driving to the first destination on the first leg happened before on Amazing Race 8, when the families drove from New York to Pennsylvania.

That was the family edition though, I hope it does start in Toronto I live there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 :yess:

why dont you do some spy go to down new york torromor 

calibound234

« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2010, 05:12:43 PM »
Rochester isn't as popular a city I guess as Buffalo or Toronto, but Rochester is roughly the same distance away from Niagara Falls as Toronto is.

If driving to the first destination is the case, than Toronto would seem more likely. The Buffalo Airport however, is only roughly 30 minutes away from Niagara Falls, so that could be the airport they fly out of if the first destination isn't in Canada.

Why start in Niagara Falls though if there are no plans to head into Canada.

This is all just speculation though, we still dont know if that is where they are starting off.

calibound234

« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2010, 05:16:14 PM »
My friend and I were actually planning on going to Niagara Falls yesterday as I had off work. We ended up not going though.

If Ii didn't have work or school to worry about I'd definately go see if I could find anything. It would be disappointing though if I got there and it wasn't the starting line of TAR18 or if I went a few days early/late :(

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2010, 05:55:43 PM »
Wow. I'm so excited. :hearts: Starting line task (w/out elimination pls), former racers, express pass(?)! :hearts:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:27:41 PM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »
Adding a little temper to the piece:

I have a DK series travel book on Toronto that I bought at LAX during the startup of TAR16 because somebody spoofed us into thinking the first destination was Toronto.   :groan:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2010, 06:06:48 PM »
We have no evidence whatsoever to suggest Niagra....but anything is possible! Just remember that Ontario has tons of corporate Amazing Race style events.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.