Author Topic: TAR 18 Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 90711 times)

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2010, 02:09:05 PM »
No Brent and Caite, YES Carol and Brandy please! (okay, this is a wish, sry for that.)
I believe I read in one of Brent & Caite's post-race interviews that they are no longer dating and live on opposite sides of the country, so I doubt they would appear on the Race again. (Granted, that didn't stop John Vito & Jill for All-Stars 1, but JV&J weren't constantly at each others' throats like B&C.)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2010, 01:39:02 AM »
I think he means in the original AllStars.

Yes. But by the time they came back, Kevin & Drew were not as strong, they were like cancer patients (especially Drew, come on losing to a girl especially Charla is very embarrassing).

And now... for today's joke we are insulting small people. Very funny (:colealert:)

I didn't meant to insult Charla, I was making fun of Drew.

Offline Seattlite

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 18 Pre-Race Speculation
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2010, 06:57:39 AM »
Is anyone checking around LA for filming permits? Ihis time of the year I would think a Florida, Nevada or California start would be likely.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2010, 08:34:04 AM »
Is anyone checking around LA for filming permits? Ihis time of the year I would think a Florida, Nevada or California start would be likely.

nvm
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:57:58 PM by the-pr0phet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2010, 01:51:40 PM »
Depends on the locality the filming is starting from.  Every state and local area does things a little differently. Since California, Nevada, and Florida have been used in the past; I wouldn't be surprised if for the second straight time, they go somewhere they have not used to start or finish the Race.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2010, 03:27:30 PM »
Depends on the locality the filming is starting from.  Every state and local area does things a little differently. Since California, Nevada, and Florida have been used in the past; I wouldn't be surprised if for the second straight time, they go somewhere they have not used to start or finish the Race.

Houston, Texas?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2010, 03:32:23 PM »
Does peach have any inside scoop? She must know its about to start? Maybe she has some info, I hope I don't sound pushy...just wondered, :)
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2010, 03:37:55 PM »

Houston, Texas?

Houston is actually a great place to start. Battleship Texas and San Jacinto Park for the start....a nice drive to the airport all the way across town. Flights to S. America, Europe and Asia from the airport there.......a great exit and end city.
Matthew 7:15

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2010, 03:44:28 PM »
I wish my kids still lived near the airport in Houston! I'd be camped out, with my small camera in hand ! LOL
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2010, 04:21:34 PM »
I wish my kids still lived near the airport in Houston! I'd be camped out, with my small camera in hand ! LOL

I bet you would....lol

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2010, 04:27:39 PM »

I bet you would....lol

Now might be a good time to take a practice run out to the airport...
Maybe try to take a few discrete non-blurry photos of random passengers - pretend they are racers.
If Homeland Security says anything - just tell them you're a TAR detective - they'll understand. :taze

Seriously though - you may spot production people moving into position... look for large cameras.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2010, 04:30:21 PM »
TL.......cant you just see Phil in his little history lesson at the start......saying that the San Jacinto Monument is taller than the Washington Memorial in DC........lol   Everything is bigger in Texas.....

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2010, 06:32:37 PM »
I speculate that we'll get an eyebrow at the Start Line, again
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2010, 06:40:27 PM »
Omg! All these pre-race speculations make me so excited!  :-[ :jumpy: :wohoo: :yess: :jam:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2010, 08:46:14 AM »
 :peek
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 08:52:45 AM by the-pr0phet »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2010, 05:08:43 PM »
As far as places that haven't been used; they haven't used Atlanta -- not even on TAR:FE. And as Peach can tell you there are some great places that can be used as a start or finish line, such as Centennial Olympic Park (you know how Bertram loves Olympic venues), Stone Mountain and its park (largest granite mountain east of the Mississippi River and largest urban park in the US), the Auburn Avenue Historic Site (Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ebenzer Baptist Church, the Georgia Aquarium (the world's largest), Zoo Atlanta (now regarded as one of the best zoological parks in the world), and others.

And Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airports has connections headed almost everywhere in the world (Africa, Asia, Europe, South America, and elsewhere in North America, and usually considered the world's busiest airport in number of passengers and flights.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2010, 05:16:43 PM »
As far as places that haven't been used; they haven't used Atlanta -- not even on TAR:FE. And as Peach can tell you there are some great places that can be used as a start or finish line, such as Centennial Olympic Park (you know how Bertram loves Olympic venues), Stone Mountain and its park (largest granite mountain east of the Mississippi River and largest urban park in the US), the Auburn Avenue Historic Site (Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ebenzer Baptist Church, the Georgia Aquarium (the world's largest), Zoo Atlanta (now regarded as one of the best zoological parks in the world), and others.

And Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airports has connections headed almost everywhere in the world (Africa, Asia, Europe, South America, and elsewhere in North America, and usually considered the world's busiest airport in number of passengers and flights.

This is a very interesting point. Atlanta sounds like a great start line.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 05:29:19 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2010, 05:21:55 PM »

The one drawback: Peach lives there.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2010, 05:30:17 PM »

...That's a definite problem.

They're hiding from you, peach!  :hides

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2010, 05:51:43 PM »

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2010, 08:38:04 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol3: :lol3: :lol: :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2010, 11:45:37 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol3: :lol3: :lol: :lol:

That didn't stop TPTB from using L.A. for several consecutive seasons, and Cheateau lives there!
-- theschnauzers

Offline Seattlite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2010, 08:22:27 AM »
I would be watching for helicopters around the scenic sights since this will be the first HD season I would think they would be out pre-production shooting some wow factor shots.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2010, 12:51:36 PM »
Peach's comment sounds totally juicy!
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2010, 02:36:14 PM »
Woahhhh! The staff from the amazing race came to the gas station to get like 20 car washes :) 4 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Tweeter is in Ontario, Canada.  Not firm enough for a Live Sighting, but who knows?