Author Topic: TAR 18 Contestant Speculation  (Read 151907 times)

Offline NotKaren

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 18 Contestant Speculation
« Reply #300 on: November 21, 2010, 06:27:28 AM »
Ah, I see there's still a separate thread for Team Speculation specifically.... OK then.

Good Decisions (whether I personally like the teams or not)

Kynt and Vyxsin- There was never any doubt.

Jamie and Cara - And it doesn't come easy for me to say it since I hate Jaime so much, she joins Johnathan, Flo and Kendra in my exclusive Pantheon of Racers I can't stand. Sadly, it makes sense.

Margie and Luke - they made memorable television and Luke's an uberfan.

Gary and Mallory - Gary is TAR's antidote to That Guy they cast way too often on the race and he LOVES TAR as much as I do. He's quiet, competent, hardworking and just rocks all around. For all those aholes who've described themselves as Alpha Males and ended up being nothing but abusive bullies: watch and learn. Mal is also redemption for the Kendra-type beauty queen. She's loud and screechy but she's by no means a vapid, conceited burden to her partner type of Miss Whatever.

Amanda and Kris - Not memorable, but not incompetent either since they were eliminated via UTurn. They need a young couple for demographics and I'd rather have these two than any bickering couple so I consider this a dodging a bullet (a Nate and Jen-shaped one) type of decision.

Jet and Cord - bit of a DOH again.

Zev and Justin - great relationship, great sense of humor and the redemptive second chance ange makes for good TV. I've ALWAYS wanted to see Zev performing a memory/number-related task.

So-So Decisions

Kisha and Jen-  Competent, strong female team with a good relationship. I particularly respected and enjoyed the way Kisha treated her sister when they fell behind due to her fear of water. BUT. They were cast for a rematch with Luke and Margie and that doesn't sit well with me.

Mel and Mike - Fun, easy to root for and I'd rather see an uber fan of the show, but other than that... meh. Ken and Tina are more RAAAAACE oriented.

UGH Decisions

Mark and Micheal - Cheaters from an already overrepresented season.

Steve and Linda - Who and Why?

The Globetrotters - I like them but I have zero respect for them. I would kill to be on TAR (born in the wrong country) and they bail on it AFTER being stunt-cast in the first place.

Micheal and Kevin - I'm not looking forward to seeing Kevin treat his father like excess baggage. Again.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #301 on: November 21, 2010, 06:45:37 AM »
All of these negativity comments make me sad, but yep, I agree with most of the them though. :(

I'm gonna ignite the light of hope, spark, and let it shine, like the 4th of July. (LOLSong) Here's hoping this would be a good season! :hearts:

EDIT: :lol:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:15:03 AM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2010, 06:48:00 AM »
If the list is true, then the ONLY good teams would be Kynt and Vyxsin, Jamie and Cara, Kisha and Jen. and Gary and Mallory.

The rest are wtf choices. Like, seriously, I wanna punch the producer's face for casting these teams. :dick

Offline NotKaren

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2010, 06:56:18 AM »
Really? Regardless of whether YOU like the teams or not, how do you cast a Former Racers TAR from 12 onwards and NOT include Jet and Cord and Margie/Luke?

Second chances make sense, good TV and usually bring back cool teams and not jerkwads so what's wrong with Zev and Justin?

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2010, 07:01:27 AM »
NVM
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2010, 07:04:42 AM »
I don't think TAR will pick teams that do worst than 6th placing. I seriously think Kevin and Michael might get an exception though.. but no, not the other teams.

Offline NotKaren

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2010, 07:05:01 AM »
I have and all three teams I mentioned are on that list. I agree with the other teams the posters I was replying to mentioned and thought he missed a few from "the rest" that make sense as opposed to warranting face-punching urges.

Offline Sandra1991

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2010, 07:09:40 AM »
I'm catching up on this thread, not sure if I'm understanding everything, but if that list is true... aren't like half of those teams from TAR 14?
The only ones I'm really happy about seeing them race again are Jet and Cord! I also like Kynt and Vyxsin, Margie and Luke, Jaime and Cara, Gary and Mallory and Zev and Justin, but the others weren't really my favorite teams... I was hoping for Nick and Starr or Tony and Dallas :P

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2010, 07:14:49 AM »
Don't worry guys, it's just speculation.

Peach, may i ask you for the speculated teams you provided.. did you based it on fb and twitter updates or what?

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2010, 07:18:57 AM »

Peach, may i ask you for the speculated teams you provided.. did you based it on fb and twitter updates or what?

I want to know where she is getting all this information from too. Its suspicious, especially if there aren't any evidence cited.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #310 on: November 21, 2010, 09:36:20 AM »
My analysis of the teams:

Jaime/Cara: Perfect cuz of alliance with Margie and Luke, and the arguing between the two (LOL)
Kynt/Vyxsin: Good choice agian, only memorable team from season 12.
Michael/Kevin: Second chance I guess, for the production error which cost them!!
Amanda/Kris: Who?
Flight Time/Big Easy: Celebritys, I guess they want ratings.
Gary/Mallory: Second chane for a team everyone wanted to like.
Jet/Cord: Memorable, so should have been brought back.
Kisha/Jen: Rivarly with Margie and Luke means they should have came back.
Margie/Luke: See above
Mel/Mike: Too many season 14 teams
Zev/Justin: Too many season 14 teams

So replace Amanda/Kris, Mek/Mike and Zev/Justin, with

Brook/Claire Carol and Brandie and Toni and Dallas

So
Season 12: 1 team
Season 13: 1 team
Season 14: 3 teams
Season 15: 1 team
Season 16: 2 teams
Season 17: 3 teams

Brooke and Claire definitely would have have been considered, but Claire is pregnant.

calibound234

« Reply #311 on: November 21, 2010, 10:09:25 AM »
ohh...

Wll just so you know..

Zev and Justin were on season 15... NOT 14..

And Michael and Kevin weren't eliminated due to a PRODUCTION ERROR. Kevin didn't read the clue entirely and drove to the next clues when they were instructed to walk.

And again, Brooke and Claire would have definately been considered if Claire wasn't pregnant. That or either they or Nat and Kat won TAR 17 so they didn't want to ask them for All Stars

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: November 21, 2010, 10:20:12 AM »
I think they choose Kris and Amanda because they want a nice couple team ,but I doubt they should also choose a fight couple team(almost every season has,I think maybe Chad and Stephanie,or Brain and Erika,Brent and Catie).I think some teams may be replaced like peach said Kevin and Michael aren't on origin list(I guess they replace Mel and Mike,both father-son team).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:36:21 AM by weihen »

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #313 on: November 21, 2010, 10:48:54 AM »
I'm excited to see Mel/Mike, cowboys, Zev/Justin & goths on the race!  :wohoo:
But yeah, I'm curious to know the reasoning behind the selection of so many S14 teams.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #314 on: November 21, 2010, 11:18:34 AM »
Here's what I think of the speculated teams:

Jaime/Cara:  Cool!  I'll be rooting for them -- if they don't annoy me, that is.
Kynt/Vyxsin:  Glad to see them back.  I liked them better than most of the other teams.
Michael/Kevin:  Next time, read the clue!  Still, I like them.
Amanda/Kris:  Would've done better if they hadn't been U-Turned.  So they deserve a second chance.
Flight Time/Big Easy:  I'm going to love hearing the Globetrotters theme!
Gary/Mallory:  I hope they do better with navigation this time.
Jet/Cord:  My favorite team from Season 16.  Glad they're back!
Kisha/Jen:  Maybe they'll do better this time.  I like them well enough.
Margie/Luke:  They were a strong team, so they had the right to come back.
Mel/Mike:  A team I liked from Season 14, but I wish Ron & Christina had been here instead.
Zev/Justin:  Great!  I was hoping this team would return!

Glad to see that Mark & Michael and Steve & Linda won't be racing.  But I wish Ron & Christina had been here instead of Mel & Mike.

Belle Book

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #315 on: November 21, 2010, 11:25:23 AM »
Well, at least Brendon and Rachel from BB12 don't seem to be on this time around.  Thank God.

Belle Book

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #316 on: November 21, 2010, 12:25:06 PM »
If the last All-stars had some seasons get snubbed, it didn't surprise me that this one has a season snubbed as well. But I am glad to see no hybrid teams, or return winners.

I do wish at least 1 from the earlier seasons (1-10) would be included (just to see how they would fare in this version of the race)

With both Margie/Luke and Kisha/Jen racing, I guess that means no switchback from the last All-Stars, of finding a letter from a team of their respective season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #317 on: November 21, 2010, 12:38:13 PM »

No guys...speculation is the wrong word. This SHOULD BE the cast, except for the question of who are the 2 alternates, and the surprise inclusion of Michael and Kevin.

The other rumor, is just that, a rumor...but as I said, I included it for completeness. Do I really believe it? No.

And anyone who has been here for more than a day should know better than to ask or speculate on my sources. :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NotKaren

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #318 on: November 21, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »
I'm actually looking forward to seeing the dynamic between some of these teams because there are so many Uberfans racing, ie people like Gary and Luke who have been fans and watching some of the other teams race before they were cast. Were Jet and Cord Gary's favorite team before? (They seem to be cut from the same hard-working, competent cloth). Do Kynt and Vyxin have fans among their fellow competitors? That kind of thing is far more interesting to me than any score settling between former rivals.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: November 21, 2010, 12:47:40 PM »
On reflection, I'd say 7 or 8 of the teams deserve to be there actually, it's just the fact that Ron/Chris, Ken/Tina, Brian/Ericka and maybe Nate/Jen were overlooked for these teams that makes people mad!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #320 on: November 21, 2010, 12:57:41 PM »

No guys...speculation is the wrong word. This SHOULD BE the cast, except for the question of who are the 2 alternates, and the surprise inclusion of Michael and Kevin.

The other rumor, is just that, a rumor...but as I said, I included it for completeness. Do I really believe it? No.

And anyone who has been here for more than a day should know better than to ask or speculate on my sources. :lol:

What about Kevin's tweets and the inclusion of too many teams from 14?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline GabrielP

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #321 on: November 21, 2010, 01:04:52 PM »
Yay!  :jumpy:

I'm so happy Jaime and Cara get to race again <3

Offline NotKaren

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #322 on: November 21, 2010, 01:06:24 PM »
I just realized both Kynt/Vyxin and Garry/Mallory are from Kentucky, which is beyond awesome!  :lol:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #323 on: November 21, 2010, 01:09:48 PM »
No one here knows which teams were asked and had to decline because of other commitments.........right? The one thing for sure....is we are having a TAR 18...why cant we all be thankful for that.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #324 on: November 21, 2010, 01:24:34 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF, GabrielP!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.