Author Topic: TAR 18 Contestant Speculation  (Read 151550 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 18 Contestant Speculation
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2010, 10:20:27 PM »
I remember for season 11, that Phil said they weren't looking for the best racers, they were looking for the most outstanding and memorable teams. Not sure whether that criteria would apply for this season though.

Given the cast that resulted in, I hope different criteria get used this time around.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2010, 08:04:45 AM »
I remember for season 11, that Phil said they weren't looking for the best racers, they were looking for the most outstanding and memorable teams. Not sure whether that criteria would apply for this season though.

Given the cast that resulted in, I hope different criteria get used this time around.

Haha, that's a pretty good sum up of season 11.  :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2010, 09:30:32 AM »
This is my list of teams that MIGHT be on...

TAR 12
Ronald and Christina (Strong, competitive team with a great story)
Kynt and Vyxsin (Very consistent and not to mention unique racers)

TAR 13
Ken and Tina (Strong team who worked out their marriage problems on the race. It'd be nice to see them race with their "new" marriage.)
Toni and Dallas (Consistent team, out due to a stupid mistake and deserve another chance.)

TAR 14
Margie and Luke (Competitive, popular team that came pretty close to winning)
Mel and Mike (Strong team that will bring humour to the show)

TAR 15
Brian and Ericka (Zebra love! They'll bring some life to the show.)
Maria and Tiffany (Liar poker players that did pretty well and might have another chance at this)

TAR 16
Jet and Cord (Super strong team that came so close to the million)
Carol and Brandy (Drama, drama)

TAR 17
Brook and Claire (Strong, consistent team with loads of positive energy)
Gary and Mallory (Energizer bunny!!!)

Other possible teams
Azaria and Hendekea (Strong team that got out too early) - TAR 12
Terence and Sarah (Consistent team with interesting personalities) - TAR 13
Nick and Starr or Meghan and Cheyne (Winners of many legs and the whole race, but I believe they'll cast one or the other, IF they do cast them. I kinda hope that they won't cast any winners.) - TAR 13, TAR 15
Connor and Jonathan (Generally strong and super funny guys, they didn't have a good placing at the end but I hope that placings will not be the main factor in deciding the teams.) - TAR 17
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2010, 10:28:40 AM »

TAR 12

TAR 13
Ken and Tina (Strong team who worked out their marriage problems on the race. It'd be nice to see them race with their "new" marriage.)
Toni and Dallas (Consistent team, out due to a stupid mistake and deserve another chance.)

TAR 14

TAR 15
Maria and Tiffany (Liar poker players that did pretty well and might have another chance at this)

TAR 16

TAR 17

Other possible teams
Nick and Starr or Meghan and Cheyne (Winners of many legs and the whole race, but I believe they'll cast one or the other, IF they do cast them. I kinda hope that they won't cast any winners.) - TAR 13, TAR 15
Connor and Jonathan (Generally strong and super funny guys, they didn't have a good placing at the end but I hope that placings will not be the main factor in deciding the teams.) - TAR 17

I think Azaria & Hendekea don't have interesting enough stories but I wouldn't mind seeing them if they get in the Race again.

I wouldn't mind Mel & Mike being on instead of Amanda & Kris.  But if they put in a funny team, I think they'll put in Team Glee (Connor & Jonathan), whom I did consider as a possible team for the All-Stars edition.

I'd like to see Maria & Tiffany get another shot but I put Zev & Justin in because I wanted them in more than the poker players.  I doubt they'll put in Nick & Starr or even Megan & Cheyne, although I liked the latter team.

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2010, 11:24:14 AM »

TAR 12

TAR 13

TAR 14

TAR 15

TAR 16

TAR 17

Other possible teams

I agree with almost all of these choices. Props to you for remembering Azaria and Hendekea. :tup:
I would put in Amanda and Kris instead of Mel and Mike though, I do not consider them a strong team. This would leave us with only one MM team but nobody seems to care about those.
I do kind of share the sentiment that they should not cast any winners as it would be king of boring to have a team win twice. I tend to think that Meghan and Cheyne would win if they came back, although it may be that the other teams that year were so strong that they made them look better.
I would not be surprised if Connor and Jonathan come back especially if Brooke and Claire win.

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2010, 12:31:33 PM »
I don't want any early eliminees on All Stars. So I hope they don't cast Connor and Jonathan.

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2010, 05:38:59 PM »
I don't want any early eliminees on All Stars. So I hope they don't cast Connor and Jonathan.

I agree. Funny too watch does not equal an All Star. If you are going to have an All Star season have teams that raced well and made it to the top 5 or so in their season. Call it "Fan Favorites" or something if you're going to put people like Connor or Jonathan on it.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2010, 06:24:04 PM »

I agree. Funny too watch does not equal an All Star. If you are going to have an All Star season have teams that raced well and made it to the top 5 or so in their season. Call it "Fan Favorites" or something if you're going to put people like Connor or Jonathan on it.

It hasn't been called an All Star race by anyone but viewers. The only spoiler we have is that it is a race of former racers.....
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2010, 06:40:04 PM »

It hasn't been called an All Star race by anyone but viewers. The only spoiler we have is that it is a race of former racers.....

That's very true, there are many possibilities that could occur under that description. I would not be surprised if it did not have the same format/selection process of TAR 11.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2010, 07:41:37 PM »
It would be different to see teams from the old introduction in the new introduction.  :neener:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2010, 08:17:47 PM »
It would be different to see teams from the old introduction in the new introduction.  :neener:

Is there even a possibility that they pair different teams up? :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2010, 09:02:54 PM »
It was hard enough to have one team composed in a Frankenstein manner in the first "former Racers" edition.....I dread the idea of it happening again, whether its just one team or more than one team.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2010, 09:55:24 PM »

Very true. I just made the remark because the assumption on the board is that this will be called an All Star season. Naturally, CBS and WRP can do whatever they please, but if they're bringing back former racers then I would love to see a bunch of teams that ran great races but came short. The competition would be phenomenal.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2010, 10:35:08 PM »
Other possible teams

As much as I loved watching Connor & Jonathan, I don't think they'd make it on TAR18 just because they finished in 9th place, and I believe Connor is currently working in South Korea, and he just started a few weeks ago, so I don't think he's in any position right now to take another month off of work.

Since everyone else is throwing their fantasy teams into the mix, I'll do mine, I guess.

TK & Rachel - TAR12 (The only winners I'd want to see back. I hate when one team dominates the whole race.)
Kynt & Vyxsin -TAR12 (By far the most unique racers they've ever had.)
Toni & Dallas - TAR13 (If I remember correctly, a parent/child team has never won, and I think they could give it another serious shot.)
Mel & Mike - TAR14 (Very likeable team.)
Jaime & Cara - TAR14 (Very strong competitors.)
Margie & Luke - TAR14 (Awesome team. Would rather see them again than bickering couples.)
Flight Time & Big Easy - TAR15 (Yeah, no one likes stuntcasting and all, but they were very fun to watch.)
Carol & Brandy - TAR16 (Give 'em a chance to run the race without the "mean lesbians" label. But I also don't think they're stil together...)
Jet & Cord - TAR16 (Everybody loves them. Plain and simple.)
Nat & Kat - TAR17 (My favorite F/F team ever. I'm really pulling for them!)
Gary & Mallory - TAR17 (I realize I've put a lot of Parent/Child teams on here now, but Gary's the man and Mal's fearless!)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2010, 10:41:48 PM »
Other possible teams

As much as I loved watching Connor & Jonathan, I don't think they'd make it on TAR18 just because they finished in 9th place, and I believe Connor is currently working in South Korea, and he just started a few weeks ago, so I don't think he's in any position right now to take another month off of work.

Since everyone else is throwing their fantasy teams into the mix, I'll do mine, I guess.

TK & Rachel - TAR12 (The only winners I'd want to see back. I hate when one team dominates the whole race.)
Kynt & Vyxsin -TAR12 (By far the most unique racers they've ever had.)
Toni & Dallas - TAR13 (If I remember correctly, a parent/child team has never won, and I think they could give it another serious shot.)
Mel & Mike - TAR14 (Very likeable team.)
Jaime & Cara - TAR14 (Very strong competitors.)
Margie & Luke - TAR14 (Awesome team. Would rather see them again than bickering couples.)
Flight Time & Big Easy - TAR15 (Yeah, no one likes stuntcasting and all, but they were very fun to watch.)
Carol & Brandy - TAR16 (Give 'em a chance to run the race without the "mean lesbians" label. But I also don't think they're stil together...)
Jet & Cord - TAR16 (Everybody loves them. Plain and simple.)
Nat & Kat - TAR17 (My favorite F/F team ever. I'm really pulling for them!)
Gary & Mallory - TAR17 (I realize I've put a lot of Parent/Child teams on here now, but Gary's the man and Mal's fearless!)

Not me  :lol:

DavidJunior

« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2010, 03:19:46 AM »
my picks:
TAR 12: Nathan and Jennifer (brought a lot of drama to the race, and they were one of the stronger forces on that season)
TAR 12: Kynt and Vyxsin (very consistant team, worked really well together complete opposite of my other TAR 12 pick) and so unique)
TAR 13: Kelly and Christy (formiddable team once they settled into the race, felt they were cut off right as they were hitting their stride)
TAR 13: Terence and Sarah (very consistant team and very tough, knocked out only because of losing the FF)
TAR 14: Margie and Luke (super competitive, super determined, very formidable team)
TAR 14: Kisha and Jen (flew under the radar a bit, but still were a physically dominant team)
TAR 15: Flight Time and Big Easy (strong team, only had a couple hiccups along the way (one ending in their demise))
TAR 15: Brian and Ericka (just to see how far they would (or wouldn't) get a second time around)
TAR 16: Jet and Cord (very likeable, probably the strongest team of that season)
TAR 16: Jeff and Jordan (i feel they would do better a second time around, they kinda got screwed in Hamburg)
TAR 17: Michael and Kevin (suprisingly formiddable team, could cause some majore surprises a second time around as well)
TAR 17: Nat and Kat (one of, if not the strongest teams this season, but only if they don't win... no former winners please)

i have a feeling it'll be 12 teams again this time around

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2010, 01:45:18 AM »
Idea! How about we start sniffing around to see if any teams from S12 to S17 are suddenly MIA?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2010, 08:08:28 AM »
Idea! How about we start sniffing around to see if any teams from S12 to S17 are suddenly MIA?

It's funny that you said that particular thing since we recently discussed Cord saying that:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23391.msg571798.html#msg571798

Anyway about him, he got married this past Saturday (the 13th) and is reportedly on his honeymoon in Maui. So I guess he has an excuse for being missing.

I'll try to look around for other activity.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2010, 08:11:43 AM »
Kynt and Vyxsin were photographed in Seattle on November 9 with Jenni Hogan, a TV presenter.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2010, 08:27:22 AM »
Best way to stalk teams is via Facebook. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2010, 08:29:46 AM »

Has anybody had a drop off in posting?

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2010, 08:35:30 AM »

As far as I can see, no one has drastically been absent from FB Activity. And besides, I think the "former racers" were not yet sequestered (or maybe not yet finalized casting, idk), so it would be very hard to pinpoint if this or that. :(
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2010, 08:48:05 AM »

As far as I can see, no one has drastically been absent from FB Activity. And besides, I think the "former racers" were not yet sequestered (or maybe not yet finalized casting, idk), so it would be very hard to pinpoint if this or that. :(

Surely they would have casting finalized by now. Wouldn't they? I would expect them to start filming in the next couple of weeks. I'm just thinking in regards to people being home by Christmas.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2010, 09:16:46 AM »
Surely they would have casting finalized by now. Wouldn't they? I would expect them to start filming in the next couple of weeks. I'm just thinking in regards to people being home by Christmas.

Yes, as I detailed over here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23383.msg572125.html#msg572125, they never film on Christmas. I would think they will begin either this weekend or next.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2010, 09:32:01 AM »

Yes, as I detailed over here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23383.msg572125.html#msg572125, they never film on Christmas. I would think they will begin either this weekend or next.

I could be wrong here, but I believe they try to have the teams home for Thanksgiving as well. If so, we should expect a start a week or so after next Thursday.