Author Topic: TAR 18 Contestant Speculation  (Read 151952 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 18 Contestant Speculation
« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »
Just a hint...I would not pay too much attention to who is posting or twittering or not, this time around! ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #226 on: November 19, 2010, 07:03:37 PM »
Just a hint...I would not pay too much attention to who is posting or twittering or not, this time around! ;)

I tended to think so too but now it looks like there are several coincidences. Justin Kanew, Cord McCoy and Vyxsin Fiala used to be post something everyday. Around either late Tuesday the 16th or early Wednesday the 17th they all stopped and have not returned, yet.
Hard to tell what this means.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:15:15 PM by the-pr0phet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: November 19, 2010, 07:26:32 PM »
It would be very simple for TPTB to pay former racers not casted to keep a low online profile for a few days. Couple that along with casted racers in sequester, given access to social networking websites. That leaves any former racer to be a possible contestant.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2010, 07:44:18 PM »
It would be very simple for TPTB to pay former racers not casted to keep a low online profile for a few days. Couple that along with casted racers in sequester, given access to social networking websites. That leaves any former racer to be a possible contestant.

That is the argument for not getting too excited about this evidence. However, it could be that they did not go through that trouble. We really can't know.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2010, 07:46:24 PM »
Guess my hints aren't what they used to be. :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #230 on: November 19, 2010, 07:58:05 PM »
So...it's not all stars after all? Or not in the sense that we all expect?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2010, 08:02:29 PM »
Guess my hints aren't what they used to be. :lol3:

Lol, drop a large hint, then we'll finally get it :) :)
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

DavidJunior

« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2010, 08:20:09 PM »
I think what Peach is saying is not to write off the people who are still tweeting/posting at this point.

I speculate that, with her mastery of info gathering, she was able to discover that some of the same teams we're writing off are among the teams to actually be racing

but, again, that's just spec.

i think we all just have to sit and wait with our cameras ready in order to really find out who's on it

i mean we pretty much figured out the most likely candidates way back in page 2 or 3, now we're just talking ourselves in circles about facebook posts

let's focus our energy on possible times/days/locations rather than just the "who's"

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2010, 08:24:27 PM »
Exactly, I really hope for it to begin in the next 3 days, hopefully tommorow!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2010, 08:36:46 PM »

Yea, the CBS officials would want them to keep updating to throw us off i supposed. When all the teams we speculated has a chance of getting on, is now still tweeting/facebooking.. then something is wrong because one of those teams has to be on allstars! How would an allstars work without those teams?? :groan:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2010, 09:01:01 PM »
I know this is an outside chance, but could the teams be teams who finished 6 and below and it's a former racer second chance edition? I doubt it, I just thought I'd throw that in...

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2010, 09:17:22 PM »
Luke Adams, of Margie and Luke on the 11th November, sent a message on FB saying: "Next Friday, Joanna Wong and I are off for a 3 week holiday to St. Lucia etc."
Friday was the day I believe the teams were sequestered?...What does this mean do you think?

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2010, 10:28:12 PM »
Luke Adams, of Margie and Luke on the 11th November, sent a message on FB saying: "Next Friday, Joanna Wong and I are off for a 3 week holiday to St. Lucia etc."
Friday was the day I believe the teams were sequestered?...What does this mean do you think?

I think it means they are not going to be on the race, since they are looking at things to do/places to see while in St.Lucia according to the replies to the status.  Unless...  :duno:

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: November 20, 2010, 12:06:17 AM »
Here's what I think:

Connor & Jonathan          I couldn't even venture a guess

Probably not. Connor lives and works in South Korea now, and I think I read that Jonathan is going to be on Broadway again in the Spiderman musical?
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #239 on: November 20, 2010, 07:40:36 AM »

I think it means they are not going to be on the race, since they are looking at things to do/places to see while in St.Lucia according to the replies to the status.  Unless...  :duno:

It could be a throw off, as could Cord's trip to Maui. The race could just as easily be telling them to make up stuff if they are really on it, or if they are not. There's no way to tell.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #240 on: November 20, 2010, 07:47:37 AM »

I think it means they are not going to be on the race, since they are looking at things to do/places to see while in St.Lucia according to the replies to the status.  Unless...  :duno:

It could be a throw off, as could Cord's trip to Maui. The race could just as easily be telling them to make up stuff if they are really on it, or if they are not. There's no way to tell.

It's not hard to hire a PR rep to post such things either

calibound234

« Reply #241 on: November 20, 2010, 08:07:05 AM »
Could post these things so that people have an idea they are going away, so that they shouldnt worry about them.. However, while at the same time, not letting them know they will be on the Amazing Race.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #242 on: November 20, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »
And it's especially fishy that everyone's going to be away at the same time?

I know Margie doesn't post much on facebook.. so you won't actually know if she's away or not. :lol:

Offline RedVelvet

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #243 on: November 20, 2010, 10:19:58 PM »
For completeness sake, I will also say there have also been persistent rumors of a non-TAR team from another reality show being included in this race. I hope they are all just rumors... But the names that kept reoccuring were those of Hayden and either Lane or Enzo from BB, and of course, the ubiquitous Russell.

I believe Hayden, Lane, and Enzo from Big Brother all tweeted today so that would rule them out.

Was it Russell from Survivor or Big Brother 11?

Also, have there been any sightings of Jeff and Jordan from BB11 and Tar16 at Lax?

Are Jet and Cord the only racers from season 16 spotted?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:35:32 PM by RedVelvet »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: November 20, 2010, 10:20:52 PM »
Well...it does make sense to include the "All-Star" teams in the video game promo...

and now that I think of it...Kynt & Vyxsin would be the perfect team to exploit the HD on with their vibrant colors and makeup
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:24:55 PM by Dånooky »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #245 on: November 20, 2010, 10:27:52 PM »
As as as it goes Jeff/Jordan redux would not bother me, especially after Jeff's go at Around The World For Free; and I think they are one team that would perform better the second time around.

The Rodeo and farming schedules would work for Jet/Cord; and they were an extremely popular team on TAR 16, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did go a second time.

I would be surprised if new teams originating from other reality shows showed up if this is supposed to be former Racers. As to Russell Hantz, I hope to heaven that one is false. It is bad enough he's rumored to be on Survivor 22 -- and it would be the height of insanity to have him on two CBS reality shows airing at the same time. I hope CBS casting is not that desperate.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:32:24 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #246 on: November 20, 2010, 10:34:14 PM »
May as well call it TAR14-part 2.

calibound234

« Reply #247 on: November 20, 2010, 10:37:45 PM »
ew I know.. give us more teams from other seasons..

out of those teams representing TAR 14. I'd say Jaime and Cara, Margie and Luke are the only ones that should be there.

I'm just being bitter though

calibound234

« Reply #248 on: November 20, 2010, 10:38:53 PM »
I was so excited for this season, now, not as much.

Than again there are only a few teams that I really love...

Kynt and Vyxsin: - I heard they were entertaining, never saw the season. Will be interesting to watch them.

Amanda and Kris: - WHO? Weren't they eliminated in one of the 1st few episodes by the blind uturn?

Jaime and Cara: A team I was rooting for on their original season<3

Margie and Luke: Once again, I was rooting for them on their original season<3

Kisha and Jen: They seemed boring to me and flew under the radar. Only thing i can remember about them was that they had a rivalry with Margie and Luke.

Mark and Michael: They were.. ok.. Didn't they break the rules several times though? I'd rather see another team

Mel and Mike: They were ok. Wasn't one of the teams i was hoping to see.

Steve and Linda: They were eliminated in the 2nd episode.. I want to see AllStars. Yes they were somewhat entertaining but that was about it. And all she did was cry,cry,cry

Flighttime and Big Easy: They were ok... They techinquely quit though the first time by giving up on the roadblock and incurring a penalty. I mean they are better than some of the other teams i guess that found their way onto this AllStars season

Zev and Justin: They were fun and had some good lines. It will be nice to see them get a 2nd chance since they lost their passport first time around

Jet and Cord: They belong on this race

Gary and Mallory: Loved them on TAR 17.

Michael and Kevin: Loved them on TAR 17

i still wish Nat and Kat/Brooke and Claire were on this (SINCE i guess they aren't. One of them better win TAR 17). Or another team from TAR 15/16 Instead of all the TAR 14ers

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #249 on: November 20, 2010, 10:40:51 PM »
If all of this is true... Holy TAR 14 influx, Batman.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score