Author Topic: TAR 18 Media  (Read 68239 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Media
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 08:42:08 PM »
From the Orange County Register (Los Angeles area newspaper) :

The diligent folks over at Reality Fan Forum do a phenomenal job of tracking “The Amazing Race” while it is being filmed.

The group’s network of spies found the contestants from season 18 leaving LAX Saturday and arriving in Sydney Monday.

The usual vague descriptions of the teams this early in the Race were replaced by the names of all of the participants – because season 18 will be another “all-star” season.

The Watcher puts “all-star” in quotes, because most viewers would be hard-pressed to apply the adjective to most of the teams running. All of the teams come from the six seasons since the Race’s first All-Star outing. “Second chance” might be a better sub-label, or “Do you remember any of these people?”

None of the teams won their Race, and five of them come from season 14.

In case you want to avoid being spoiled before CBS announces the cast in a few weeks, I’ll put the identities of the Racers after the break:

According to RFF, these are the teams of season 18:

From season 12: Ronald & Christina (second place), Kynt & Vyxsin (fifth)

From season 14: Jamie & Cara (second), Margie & Luke (third), Kisha & Jen (fourth), Mel & Mike (sixth), Amanda & Kris (eighth)

From season 15: Flight Time & Big Easy (fourth), Zev & Justin (ninth)

From season 16: Jet & Cord (second)

From season 17: Gary & Mallory (sixth)

http://pedrowatcher.ocregister.com/2010/11/24/amazing-race-goes-all-star-again/30168/

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 09:07:11 PM »
You know what's disturbing? Everyone is assuming that it's an All-Stars season (imo highly unlikely considering the placement of some of the teams).

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 09:30:37 AM »
At least the media finally gave our amazing detectives credit!  :party:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 10:28:01 PM »

“We’re thrilled the audience watching us sprint around the globe each week will continue to witness the breathtaking landscapes that serve as our backdrops, only now in high definition. Whether we’re racing alongside the crystal-white peaks of the Arctic Circle, the neon-lined skyscrapers of Japan, or the color-drenched domes of the Russian Kremlin, fans will enjoy a heightened viewing experience as we bring the world to their couch every Sunday night,” said Executive Producer and co-Creator Bertram van Munster."

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cbs-amazing-race-set-to-return-in-spring-in-hd-at-last/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 10:34:42 PM »
That is just a description...not a real route!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 08:35:50 PM »
Phil is in a "top secret location"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/12/phil-keoghan-loves-that-girl-power-dominates-the-amazing-race-season-finale.htmlhttp://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/12/phil-keoghan-loves-that-girl-power-dominates-the-amazing-race-season-finale.html

is fake the website dont work

The URL is in there twice all jammed together. This should work:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/12/phil-keoghan-loves-that-girl-power-dominates-the-amazing-race-season-finale.html

Nat, 31, and Kat, 35, have impressed viewers with their unflappable natures. While some partners have been abusive toward their teammates -- Chad Waltrip and Nick DeCarlo, we're looking at you -- these two women have behaved admirably toward each other every step of the way.

"My daughters enjoyed watching them," Keoghan said. "They’re two very strong women, obviously very smart. To me, the best thing about 'The Amazing Race' has always been about being able to watch relationships that are strong, functional, and that actually are inspirational. "Of course, we’ve seen the other side of that. We’ve seen all kinds of relationships over the years that for some reason haven’t worked. When there’s a great connection, if you remember when the cowboys were on, or you think about the connection between Nat and Kat, when you see that kind of connection and how they operate under pressure, and we’re able to capture that with a camera and share that with an audience, I think that’s pretty cool."
After 17 seasons, Keoghan has developed an interesting theory about same-sex teams and why they tend to communicate better during the race. This season, viewers have noted on message boards and Twitter that the men have not treated the women in their lives well, especially Nick who berated his girlfriend, Vicki Casciola, mocked her, and eventually stopped helping her finish a challenge.

"It’s almost like a mid-football game mentality where some of the guys are playing a game of football with their guy friends and they forget that they’re actually out there with their girlfriends or wives or partners," he said. "They start yelling and screaming like they’re in the middle of a game. It’s always surprising to me.

"It always reminds me of the book 'Men are From Mars, Women From Venus' which outlines exactly the difference between men and women," he continued. "And I think male/female teams have more of a challenge on 'Race' than same-sex teams just because of that fact that when you’re communicating and trying to work together under pressure, men and women just are wired different. I'm into equal rights and everything, but at the end of the day, men and women are just different and the way that two men will talk to each other when they’re competing as opposed to, say, the way two women talk to each other, it’s so uniquely different."

You be the judge. :cmaslol

Offline gl14

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 08:41:01 AM »
Preview is on YouTube.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:24:44 AM by gl14 »

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 07:57:27 PM »
Preview is on YouTube.

here is the link. I hope it is legit (Sorry I posted it in a couple of other threads before I saw this one. probably posted it in wrong spot somewhere along the way... too many categories!) :cmas30: :cmas30:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ojqlhIF4g

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 08:16:39 PM »
Preview is on YouTube.

here is the link. I hope it is legit (Sorry I posted it in a couple of other threads before I saw this one. probably posted it in wrong spot somewhere along the way... too many categories!) :cmas30: :cmas30:

It's fake. :(

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »
Preview is on YouTube.

It's fake. :(

Don't beat yourself up over it.........it's not offical CBS material.......but it is pretty good.
Matthew 7:15

Offline tarobbsessed24

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 09:28:28 PM »
i noticed in the preview after the TAR 17 finale that ALL S18 teams except mel and mike were shown in a row   :cmastree
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:38:12 PM by tarobbsessed24 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 09:46:01 PM »
Nothing too interesting but the local newspaper article from the Broken Hill leg has been archived so we can now see the full article. Looks like the Mayor of the town Wincen Cuy might have been the local greeter at the Pit Stop  :duno:

http://www.bdtruth.com.au/index.php?news&article=1271

Quite a few locals were excited yesterday at the news that contestants and crew from the US TV reality show 'The Amazing Race' were in the city as part of their Australian leg of the show.

The production crew and 11 American couples arrived in the city on two Rex chartered planes yesterday morning from Sydney, and were picked up by several four-wheeldrives.

The show has couples race across the globe, doing crazy things at each destination. Rotary and St Johns Ambulance were at the old Junction Mine yesterday with the crew and contestants while they filmed a sequence for the show.

Many locals drove up to catch a glimpse of the proceedings. When the BDT approached the production crew for an interview, a spokesman for the show worked on the basis of little to no publicity.

But locals gave regular updates on their sightings of the groups on Facebook. According to posts on the site later in the day, the contestants had to go to Memorial Oval where they found an envelope telling them they had to dress up as Kangaroos and hop to Mercury Street for their next clue before they made their way to the Junction Mine.

Mayor Wincen Cuy took part in filming at the Junction Mine, but couldn't give the BDT any information as to what his role was.

"I had to sign a declaration of confidence," Mayor Cuy said. "I was involved, and it will be fabulous for Broken Hill."

City Council's media adviser John Casey said council would not comment on any projects filmed "in and around Broken Hill without theexpress permission of those companies and individuals involved.

"At this time we have been asked to keep details of projects currently in development in Broken Hill confidential and do not have permission tomake any further comment".
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:52:17 PM by RichInSydney »
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 10:28:36 PM »
Thanks Rich! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 03:46:38 PM »
Nina Tassler gives hints of there being twists in TAR:UB. http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertainment/hasn+lost+Sheen/4111037/story.html

In other announcements:

Tassler told Postmedia News that the new seasons of Survivor and The Amazing Race will feature twists based on fan reaction to past seasons. Survivor: Redemption Island will allow castaways voted off the island a second chance at returning to the game, and will feature the return of past players "Boston" Rob Mariano and Russell Hantz. The new Survivor premieres Feb. 16, on Global TV.

The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business will feature returning teams that came up short of the finish line in past Races. The new Amazing Race premieres Feb. 20, on CTV.

"When you do these kinds of shows, in the beginning you don't really know what you're dealing with," Tassler explained. "Then, as the seasons go on, you start to see what the fans respond to, and you respond accordingly. It's not something we would do all the time, but both these programs have been on a long time now, and that's given us an opportunity to think things through as we move ahead."

Read more: http://www.canada.com/entertainment/hasn+lost+Sheen/4111037/story.html#ixzz1B34pZLaP

-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2011, 12:49:15 AM »
The USA Today article announcing the TAR 18 cast, and other details:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2011-01-19-race19_ST_N.htm

THE 11 TEAMS

• Amanda Blackledge and Kris Klicka, engaged; Season 14. Amanda, 25, and Kris, 27, now live in Pismo Beach, Calif.

• Kent Kaliber and Vyxsin Fiala, dating; Season 12. Kent, 35, and Vyxsin, 32, live in Los Angeles.

• Jaime Edmondson and Cara Rosenthal, former NFL cheerleaders; Season 14. Jaime, 32, lives in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Cara, 28, lives in Boca Raton, Fla.

• Mel and Mike White, father/son writers; Season 14. Mel, 70, is from Lynchburg, Va. Mike, 40, lives in Los Angeles.

• LaKisha and Jennifer Hoffman, sisters/coaches; Season 14. Both from Chicago, LaKisha is 30 and now lives in the Bronx, N.Y. Jennifer is 26 and lives in Louisville.

• Jet and Cord McCoy, brothers/cowboys; Season 16. Jet, 31, lives in Ada, Okla. Cord, 30, lives in Tupelo, Okla.

• Margie and Luke Adams, mother/son; Season 14. Margie, 53, and Luke, 25, are from Colorado Springs.

• Gary and Mallory Ervin, father/daughter; Season 17. He's 53, she's 25, and they hail from Morganfield, Ky.

• Herb Lang and Nate Lofton, Harlem Globetrotters; Season 15. Herb, 34, lives in Brinkley, Ark. Nate, 29, lives in New Orleans.

• Ronald and Christina Hsu, father/daughter; Season 12. Ronald, 61, lives in Tacoma, Wash. Christina, 29, lives in Washington, D.C.

• Zev Glassenberg and Justin Kanew, friends; Season 15. Zev, 28, lives in Sherman Oaks, Calif. Justin, 31, lives in Los Angeles.

And the article with a couple of surprising details, including the start line and start task:

11 'Amazing Race' teams return to finish what they started
By Gary Levin, USA TODAY

They're not exactly all-stars. None has won the competition. But 11 teams of fan favorites will compete again in CBS' 18th edition of The Amazing Race, Unfinished Business, due Feb. 20 (8 ET/PT).

Among those at the starting line: Oklahoma cowboy brothers Jet and Cord McCoy; Kentucky goths Kent Kaliber and Vyxsin Fiala; and Harlem Globetrotters Herb "Flight Time" Lang and Nate "Big Easy" Lofton.

Five of the teams appeared in the show's 14th season, including sisters LaKisha and Jen Hoffman, stymied when one stopped to urinate just before reaching the finish line; Margie and Luke Adams, the strong-willed mom and her deaf son; and actor/screenwriter Mike White and dad Mel.

"We thought it was a very unique season," says producer Bertram van Munster. And all of the racers competed since the 12th season in 2007: "If we're digging too far back, people might not even remember who they were."

Each has a compelling story of thwarted ambition: a lost passport, a taxi ride from hell, a penalty for failing a task involving dozens of ringing phones.

"There was a lot of 'would've, could've, should've' angst going on, so the energy right at the start was just extraordinary," says host Phil Keoghan, and the season embraces the idea that "everybody deserves a second chance."

The new season of the seven-time Emmy-winning reality series kicks off in Palm Springs, Calif., where the teams must sort through hundreds of paper airplanes to find one of a handful that say "Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services," figure out it's a little-used acronym for Qantas Airways, and board one of two flights to Sydney.

Other stops on the journey, filmed in November and December, include Japan and tiny Liechtenstein, a first-time destination, where racers had to measure the precise length of the country on mopeds.

Did the returnees use experience to play dirty? Although some contestants did, Jet says, "we don't feel a need to trick somebody to beat them."

But, Cord says, "they named this season of Amazing Race after us, because we definitely had unfinished business."
-- theschnauzers

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2011, 01:52:01 AM »
They started in Palm Springs? That's an unexpected twist. That probably explains why we had no starting line spoilers. While I haven't been there in about 20 years, Palm Springs is more spread out and even more laid back than Los Angeles. I wonder if they had to drive all the way to LAX or if they taken there by bus or van once flights had been assigned.

Watching them measure Liechtenstein on a moped should be interesting.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2011, 08:42:02 AM »
CBS ANNOUNCES THE CAST FOR "THE AMAZING RACE: UNFINISHED BUSINESS" PREMIERING SUNDAY, FEB. 20

For the First Time, the Multi Emmy Award-Winning Series Will Be Broadcast in HD as

11 Former Teams Return for Another Shot at $1 Million   

Eleven former Teams who fell short of winning the $1 million prize during their first Race around the globe will return for another shot on THE AMAZING RACE: UNFINISHED BUSINESS, premiering Sunday, Feb. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).  Phil Keoghan is the host.

This season, the multi Emmy Award-winning series will be broadcast in HD for the first time as the Racers travel 40,000 miles through five continents and 23 cities.  Teams begin their journey around the globe from the second-windiest place on the planet, and travel to such picturesque locations as Sydney, Australia, where they find themselves swimming with sharks; Liechtenstein, where they must measure the length of the entire country while riding a motorized bicycle; and Tokyo, Japan, where they must endure the freezing waters from Mount Fuji as part of a spiritual ritual.

THE AMAZING RACE: UNFINISHED BUSINESS features fan favorites from previous seasons, including the cowboys, former NFL cheerleaders, the Harlem Globetrotters and the Goths.

Following are the 11 teams, listed in no particular order:

Gary Ervin

Age: 53                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Mallory Ervin

Hometown: Morganfield, Ky.

Relationship: Father/Daughter

Previous Season/Result: Season 17/6th Place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Gary and Mallory were unable to avoid elimination after getting lost in Oman for over nine hours. 

LaKisha Hoffman

Hometown: Chicago, Ill., currently residing in Bronx, N.Y.

Jennifer Hoffman                                                                                               

Hometown: Chicago, Ill., currently residing in Louisville, Ky.

University of Louisville

Relationship: Sisters

Previous Season/Result: Season 14/4th Place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": LaKisha and Jennifer missed out on a spot in the final three by minutes after stopping to use the restroom in China.

Jet McCoy

Hometown: Ada, Okla.

Cord McCoy                                                                                                   

Hometown: Ada, Okla.

Relationship: Brothers

Previous Season/Result: Season 16/2nd Place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Jet and Cord fell behind during the final leg and couldn't recover, which ultimately led to a 2nd place finish to winners Dan and Jordan.

Amanda Blackledge

Hometown: Redwood City, Calif., currently residing

in Pismo Beach, Calif.

Kris Klicka

Hometown: San Diego, Calif., currently residing in Pismo

Beach, Calif.

Relationship: Fiancée/Fiancé

Previous Season/Result: Season 14/8th Place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Amanda and Kris were unexpectedly u-turned in Siberia by Margie and Luke and were eliminated from the Race.

Jaime Edmondson

Hometown: Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.

Cara Rosenthal                                                                                     

Hometown: Boca Raton, Fla.

Relationship: Former NFL Cheerleaders/Teammates

Previous Season/Result: Season 14/2nd Place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": During the final leg, Jaime and Cara fell victim to a bad taxi driver in Hawaii and lost to Tammy and Victor.

Herb Lang

Hometown: Brinkley, Ark.

Nate Lofton

Age: 29                                                                                               

Hometown: New Orleans, La.

Relationship: Harlem Globetrotters Teammates

Previous Season/Result: Season 15/4th Place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": The Globetrotters incurred a four hour penalty in Prague after failing to complete a Roadblock, which cost them a spot in the final three.

Ron Hsu

Hometown: Tacoma, Wash.

Occupation: Vice President                                                                               

Christina Hsu

Hometown: Washington, D.C. 

Relationship: Father/Daughter

Previous Season/Result: Season 12/2nd Place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": After struggling during their final leg in Alaska, Ron and Christina finished in 2nd place to TK and Rachel.

Kent Kaliber

Hometown: Louisville, Ky. currently residing in

Los Angeles, Calif. 

Vyxsin Fiala

Age: 32                                                                                                           

Hometown: Louisville, Ky. currently residing in

Los Angeles, Calif.

Relationship: Dating/Friends

Previous Season/Result: Season 12/5th Place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Kent and Vyxsin self-destructed in Italy and were unable to fight back to stay in the game.

Zev Glassenberg

Hometown: Sherman Oaks, Calif. 

Justin Kanew                                                                                                   

Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.

Relationship: Best friends

Previous Season/Result: Season 15/9th Place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Zev and Justin finished in 1st place during their Cambodia leg, but quickly discovered that they had lost their passport and would not be able to continue in the Race.

Margie Adams

Hometown: Colorado Springs, Colo.

Occupation: RN, BSN, Clinical Research Associate                             

Luke Adams

Hometown: Colorado Springs, Colo. 

Relationship: Mother/Son

Previous Season/Result: Season 14/3rd Place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Margie and Luke entered the final challenge with a substantial lead, but quickly fell behind and finished in 3rd place.   

Mel White

Hometown: Lynchburg, Va.

Mike White                                                                                         

Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif. 

Relationship: Father/Son

Previous Season/Result: Season 14/6th Place

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Mike and Mel found themselves lost in Thailand courtesy of a bad taxi driver and were eliminated from the Race.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2011, 10:58:41 AM »
Peach:

You are entitled to your expression of why specific AR18 teams did not win their original seasons, but I have a few elaborationsand differences to suggest:

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Gary and Mallory were unable to avoid elimination after getting lost in Oman for over nine hours. - I agree

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": LaKisha and Jennifer missed out on a spot in the final three by minutes after stopping to use the restroom in China. - Not true, as they reveal on the video (see my post of 10:29am today in the AR18 thread in the Contestants superthread) states; t hey were beaten because Jaime and Cara got a better dropoff by their taxi driver and were able to find the pit stop in back of  NIao Chao, Beijing 2008 Summer Olympic Stadium

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Jet and Cord fell behind during the final leg and couldn't recover, which ultimately led to a 2nd place finish to winners Dan and Jordan. - the reason they fell behind was that Dan and Jordan were smarter in getting moved up to first class for an earlier exit of the plane on arrival into San Francisco International Airport

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Amanda and Kris were unexpectedly u-turned in Siberia by Margie and Luke and were eliminated from the Race. - I agree, although you did not reveal that it was the first (and only so far) Blind U-turn.

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": During the final leg, Jaime and Cara fell victim to a bad taxi driver in Hawaii and lost to Tammy and Victor. - I agree totally with this

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": The Globetrotters incurred a four hour penalty in Prague after failing to complete a Roadblock, which cost them a spot in the final three. - I agree; Big Easy could not compute that there were only 24 possible combinations and discover that Franz was the only name that made sense.

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": After struggling during their final leg in Alaska, Ron and Christina finished in 2nd place to TK and Rachel. -yes, but the reason was that Christina was slower than Rachel in the final Memory Challenge ROADB

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Kent and Vyxsin self-destructed in Italy and were unable to fight back to stay in the game. - they made a bad mistake in not U-turning the only team behind them (Nathan and Jennifer) at the Kabutar Khana in Mumbai when they got to the deciding U-turn ahead of them but did not know that

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Zev and Justin finished in 1st place during their Cambodia leg, but quickly discovered that they had lost their passport and would not be able to continue in the Race. -  I agree

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Margie and Luke entered the final challenge with a substantial lead, but quickly fell behind and finished in 3rd place. - they did get to the Surfboard Fence Memory Challenge with a substantial lead and they still had it after Luke had placed 9 of the 11 surfboards; his inability to get the last two right gave the lead and season victory to Tammy and Victor

Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Mike and Mel found themselves lost in Thailand courtesy of a bad taxi driver and were eliminated from the Race. -  I agree

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2011, 11:07:38 AM »
That is not MY impression...it is the official CBS reveal impression from them, not me. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule: