Author Topic: Rupert's Amazing New Life  (Read 4654 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Rupert's Amazing New Life
« on: May 29, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »
OK..could you stand one more Rupert article ?..I had to post it..the pictures are priceless..enjoy..puddin

Rupert's Amazing New Life

In Touch Weekly - May 31, 2004 Issue
Click Image at Right To Enlarge
After winning $1 million, everybody's favorite scruffy Survivor is facing a whole new challenge: how he's going to spend it all!

Just one day after America awarded him $1 million, Survivor: All Stars' Rupert Boneham got his first taste of success at New York's famed Morton's Steakhouse.  All cleaned up, but with his bushy beard intact, the spear-fishing sensation took time between bites to tell In Touch what he's going to do with all that money, and to thank the 38 million online voters who helped to give it to him.  Says Rupert, 40, "it's so empowering to have millions tell you you're a good person."

Is this your first time wearing a suit.
Yeah.  I got married in a tux, but I don't think I've ever worn a suit before.  It doesn't feel like me.

You only made $20,000 doing Pearl Islands.  You definitely did better this time around!
Still, $20,000 is a years pay to me. [For All Stars]   I got over $100,000 for coming in 4th, and now I got a million dollar check.  I made more than Amber!

What do you plan to do with the money?
I'm going to pay off my mama's house, get my family out of debt and put $100,000 towards my Kid's Help [charity] group to help kids grow and prosper. 

Buying anything special for your wife, Laura?
A house that's not under construction!  We're going to have a nice place.  And I want to give her Lasik eye surgery.  She's tired of dealing with contacts. 

And for yourself?
I want to buy myself a little jet ski so my daughter, Raya, can go fishing.

Do you want more kids?
We're thinking of waiting a year.  If we don't have more, that's all right, too.  Raya's enough.

You're in talks to do an Animal Planet show?
I'd be the host and take people on an adventure.

Does that mean you'll leave Indianapolis?
If I sign that big multi-million dollar deal, I wouldn't mind moving. I don't see that ever happening, really.

Would your pet alligator come with you?
Everybody moves on up to the big time.  Pets included. Nobody gets left behind in my family.

You quit smoking and lost weight before All Stars.  Are you keeping up that lifestyle?
I've smoked a cigarette now and then.  After 30 years of smoking, it's hard not to slip.  Or driving by a McDonald's and wanting to pull in.  Now we've got bags of carrots or celery in the fridge, and you'll find me holding them like cigarettes between my fingers!

Where does your trade-mark roar come from?
Ever since I was a little kid, I've always had my battle cry.  I did that for myself years ago to give myself strength and power.  Now I hoot and holler without even thinking!

Would you shave your beard for a price?
There's a magic number for it.  If somebody wants to offer me a couple of $100,000 to shave it on TV, more power to them.

article found @
http://survivorfever.net/rupert_in_touch_article.html

[attachment deleted by admin]

RupertRocks33

Re: Rupert's Amazing New Life
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 11:39:21 PM »
Man tats a good luck for Rupert!  ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 11:53:28 PM »
LOL... ;D Rupert is "The Bomb"  :;>)

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 12:50:04 AM »
hahaha, love the picture.  Rupert kind of reminds me of a mafia type guy.  I would definitely watch his Animal Planet show.  He would make it fun and exciting.  Life has just begun for you Rupert!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 02:17:31 PM »
LOl..Bathfizzy doesn't he look  different with his hair all slicked back  ;D

btw.....it is so nice to hear from you Bathfizzy ..I hope that you are enjoying your great life and wonderfull family  :-*..we all miss you  around here  ..keep in touch  :-*
                                                                                       hugs ..puddin

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 02:29:40 PM »
This really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  Well, I guess it could have happened to me, but Rupert would still be a close second. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 06:56:39 PM »
Hi Puddin, thanks for the welcome back.  Yeah, Rupert does look different with his hair slicked back.  He could also be Mr. French from Family Affair.... remember that show with Buffy, Jody and Cissy and Uncle.  Boy am I dating myself.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 06:59:54 PM »
LMAO..yes he does look like Mr. French  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 06:01:52 PM »
i think i like him better grizzly.