Author Topic: BB12: Lane Elenburg  (Read 9419 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
BB12: Lane Elenburg
« on: June 30, 2010, 09:33:18 AM »

Name: Lane Elenburg
Current Residence: Decatur, Texas
Three adjectives that describe you: Funny, outgoing, athletic
Favorite Activities: Working out, riding motorcycles, going out with friends and playing golf
What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house: Sharing a bathroom with my fellow Houseguests
Strategy for winning Big Brother: Yes I do, but not revealing it.
What types of people would you NOT choose to live with you in the house: Annoying people
A recurring theme on Big Brother is "expect the unexpected." How would you handle "the unexpected:" My life is already full of the unexpected, so I believe I would do just fine.
Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most or least: Memphis from Season 10 because he was laid back
What are you afraid of: Electric fences
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of: Playing college football at Texas Tech University
Finish this sentence: "My life's motto is:" To be successful at everything I attempt
Is there anything else you want to tell the audience about yourself: I am a very competitive person. I have been in and around sports all my life. Also, I work in public relations so I can twist and play every person in that house which should enable me to come out on top.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:14:54 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: BB12: Lane Elenburg
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 10:08:33 AM »
You Ask, They Tell

courtesy of CBS

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 01:45:12 AM »
TV GUIDE take:

Lane Elenburg

This big, brawny bruiser is not fooling anybody, himself included. "I'm just a meat-head jock so I need a brain to work with me in the BB house," says Elenburg. "Hopefully there'll be a doctor or lawyer or financial major I can team up with — someone who will take me almost all the way to the end before I lie and stab him in the back." Living on a ranch has left Elenburg with a crazed fear of electric fences. His best friends are his brother and sister. And he won't be helping out much in the BB kitchen. "I can put dishes away but I'm not a very good cooker," he says with a sluggy drawl. "Oh, except for 90-second microwave. That I can definitely do."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Meet-Big-Brother-1020187.aspx
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 05:23:55 PM »
I like Lane a lot and I hope he gets far in the game. I think his salesman background will pay off in the end and he's a former student athlete and will excel in the physical challenges. I do wonder about the mental ones though.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 12:01:56 PM »
From the DFW.com Pop Blog:

Friday, Sep. 17, 2010
'Big Brother 12': A chat with Lane Elenburg
Robert Philpot
DFW.com

Just got off the phone with 'The Beast,' Decatur's Lane Elenburg, who was the runner-up on Big Brother 12.

Overall, Elenburg was a popular player among BB viewers, although he did stir up some controversy on fan sites because of a 2008 incident in which he and his brother were accused of assault (no charges were filed), and his live-feed talk about "spotlighting," or hunting nocturnal animals by shining bright lights in their eyes, blinding them and making an easy kill; and "The 8 Second Game," which is described here
But Lane played a calmer, more measured game than many other Big Brother 12 contestants, and like winner Hayden Moss, he didn't develop any enemies in the Big Brother house, which is no mean feat, especially with the in-your-face "showmance" between Rachel Reilly and Brendon Villegas. And he and his fellow "Brigade" members (with one exception) did a good job of manipulating everyone else without alienating anyone.

We talked about those topics, and lighter ones, in this interview. Some questions are edited, just to condense my rambling.

How did you wind up on Big Brother? Was it your choice, or did you have to be talked into it?

I did it voluntarily. I am a late bloomer with BB. I've seen a couple of seasons and right now, I'm a die-hard fan of it. It's one of the, or the biggest reality games out there. The mental aspect of it. It's a big competition. It's a lot of fun.

It seems like the last week in the house, when it was just you and Hayden and Enzo [Palumbo] could've been a very boring week. Was that the hardest week in the house?

It could've been a lot harder if I wasn't with a group of guys that I like a lot. But it was definitely boring. We did sleep a lot. But we did what we could with what we had and we had a lot of fun.

Do you think you could have done as far as you did without the Brigade?

I don't think so. I don't think I would've gotten near as far if I didn't have the Brigade. We trusted each other, and we trusted each other and we formed our own little business. We had side alliances, and it was fun to play.

Those side alliances seem to come pretty naturally, such as with you and Britney [Haynes] really hitting it off.

The friendships just built into alliances. I trusted Britney. She's a great girl, she's funny and she's like home away from home. She's a Southern girl. You've gotta love that. I enjoyed it, and [the alliance] just came easy.

I know everybody's asking this, but what's the future with you and Britney?

She's an awesome girl. She's great to hang out with and we'll see how it goes. She still has her [fiance.] I don't know for how long. Let's say a week.

I wonder about things like what the house smells like, especially with some of the food that the "Have-Nots" have to eat. What were some of the harder sensory aspects of being in the house?

Calamari, I think was one of them. Bok choy? That is nothing to play with. I don't ever want to see that again. There was definitely some stinky food items out there.

What about the silly moments, such as when the HouseGuests had to dance whenever they heard music or had to wear hand puppets?

They were fun at first, but then they got annoying. If you got in a fight with someone with a hand puppet, it still had to move. The hand puppet had to fight, too, so if you're arguing, laughing, no matter what, the stinkin' thing had to talk to.

Your nickname was 'The Beast' and you talked about getting pressure out by lifting weights or wanting to hit things. But from what I could tell, you did a better job than some HouseGuests of keeping your temper. How do you control your temper for more than two months?

Oh, man, you have to bite your tongue on everything. You've got to let things slide off your back. You have to enjoy every moment in the house, because you never know when it's your day to go. You've got to take each day one step at a time and try not to hit anyone.

You and Hayden seemed to put up with Brendon and Rachel showmance better than other people. How did you put up with that?

It was tough. Those two different people are different from [me]. I don't see that they would be friends outside the house, but since I'm living with them, I had to evolve with 'em. It was a tough deal, but you're playing for $500,000, so I think you can bite your tongue a little harder.

Continue reading here:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 12:11:18 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 06:27:35 PM »
thanks and this guy was awesome!