Author Topic: Britney Haynes House Fire 9/15/10  (Read 21751 times)

Offline northernlite

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Britney Haynes House Fire 9/15/10
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 04:46:19 PM »
We own a house that we rent and we carry insurance on the house.  While I can understand Britney having to replace their personal items due to no renter's insurance, I can not understand why she will have to pay for the repair to the house.  Shouldn't the owner's insurance pay for that? :duno:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 05:02:51 PM »
We own a house that we rent and we carry insurance on the house.  While I can understand Britney having to replace their personal items due to no renter's insurance, I can not understand why she will have to pay for the repair to the house.  Shouldn't the owner's insurance pay for that? :duno:

I don't understand that either. ??? It would be irresponsible to not have insurance on your rental. 
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 06:05:59 PM »

I don't understand that either. ??? It would be irresponsible to not have insurance on your rental. 

Same thing had crossed my mind     :duno:     Don't know if it is different in Arkansas but here in CA I know it is true as stated above.
The owners pay for insurance on the structure.   The renters pay for insurance on their own personal belongings.  This holds true if it were
a house/apartment/condo.....   

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 06:16:10 PM »
Well really it all depends on the lease agreement she and nick signed. When I read where the house was located, I did a google search and I was suprised. It is within about 10-20 blocks of where my aunt and uncle lived in the 50s in Little Rock. I would think that there wasnt a mortgage on the house by the owner. That part of town is pretty old. Then again, the owners could have been recent purchasers of the house to use as a rental property. I will ask a friend that does multiple state real esate and see if Ark is different.

Normal here, is same as others have said. Owner insures the structure and renter insures personal property.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 07:33:54 PM »
I expect an interviewer or Britney misquote myself...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 08:03:35 PM »

I think you are right ...... gee, we can't believe everything that we read?     :lol3:

Offline starbaby

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 06:43:05 PM »

Me too,... or at least I hope so. 

Fighting the ovarian cancer fight...

Offline Janna74

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • No pic since I can't shrink.
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 10:39:47 PM »
I am so glad that Brittany with get her own show.  We can stay updated about this and she has some money coming in!
Big Brother keeps me sane while I can't watch Survivor!