Author Topic: Big Brother 13 News & Updates  (Read 103409 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Big Brother 13 News & Updates
« on: September 07, 2010, 08:38:14 PM »
Many sites were reporting today on twitter and facebook that Big Brother has been renewed for next summer. As soon the official announcement is made by CBS, I will post it here.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:59:21 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline northernlite

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Big Brother 13 is a GO!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 10:07:09 PM »
Please let season 12 have been the unlucky flop and 13 the great season.  Don't know if I could stand another season like our current one. :loser:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:27:16 PM »
Season 13???? Isn't that like bad luck or somethin???  :escape
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 10:29:04 PM »
That's what the twist will be.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 12:19:17 AM »
Bad luck? I'm the poster child for this. Season 13 has my name written all over it.

Who wants to help me get on CBS next summer? :D
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 12:53:15 PM »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 01:27:02 PM »
Here's the official announcement from CBS:

"BIG BROTHER" TO SIZZLE AGAIN IN SUMMER 2011

CBS PICKS UP ANOTHER EDITION OF ITS PERENNIAL REALITY HIT

This Summer's 12th Edition Continues to Post Across-the-Board Increases On-Air and Online

Two-Hour Finale to be Broadcast Tonight, 9:00-11:00 PM, Following the Premiere of "Survivor: Nicaragua"

BIG BROTHER, the perennial summer reality hit, will return for its 13th edition next summer on the CBS Television Network.

This summer's 12th edition of BIG BROTHER is posting year-to-year increases, up +5% in viewers (7.64m vs. 7.26m), +4% in adults 18-49 (2.7/09 vs. 2.6/08), +10% in adults 18-34 (2.3/08 vs. 2.1/07) and +3% in adults 25-54 (3.2/09 vs. 3.1/09).

"Big Brother is our summer hero," said Jennifer Bresnan, executive vice president, alternative programming, CBS Entertainment.  "Every year, our producers deliver innovative twists and turns, consistently evolving this proven franchise and engaging one of the most loyal and interactive fan bases on television and online."

Online, BIG BROTHER continues to grow with CBS.com seeing a +15% increase in full-episode views compared to a similar period last summer.

The special two-hour finale of this summer's edition of BIG BROTHER, when Lane, Enzo and Hayden will compete for the $500,000 prize, will be broadcast tonight (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) following the premiere of "Survivor: Nicaragua."

BIG BROTHER, hosted by Julie Chen, follows a group of people living together in a house outfitted with over 52 cameras and 95 microphones recording their every move 24 hours a day.  Each week, the Houseguests vote someone out of the house.  Tonight, the last remaining Houseguest will receive the grand prize of $500,000.

BIG BROTHER 12 is executive produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan for Fly on the Wall Entertainment, in association with Endemol U.S.A.

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/release?id=26081

Offline starbaby

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 11:32:03 AM »
Bad luck? I'm the poster child for this. Season 13 has my name written all over it.

Who wants to help me get on CBS next summer? :D

I'll help !!  But, first of all we need to campaign to get rid of Allison Grodner. 

Maybe they'll do one with a 'Halloween' theme.....  ANYTHING HAS TO BE BETTER THAN BB12
Fighting the ovarian cancer fight...

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 06:29:54 PM »
I'm all for more Big Brother!!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Big Brother 13 is a GO! Applications are up!!
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 09:14:46 PM »
Applications:
http://www.cbs.com/cbs_casting/big_brother/Application.pdf

Eligibility Requirements:

http://www.cbs.com/cbs_casting/big_brother/Eligibility_Requirements.pd

Sorry Michael...you still have to 21 and a US citizen!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 02:57:41 PM »
tweeted today by Robyn Kass :jumpy:

Kassting Robyn Kass
BB casting starts up beginning of March. It will be a few weeks after that before we know when/where open calls will be held. Stay tuned!
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »
149 days till BB13 .. air date around July 7th!!    :jumpy:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 03:01:11 PM »
O.M.G. :faint:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 04:20:40 AM »
tweeted today by Robyn Kass :jumpy:

Kassting Robyn Kass
BB casting starts up beginning of March. It will be a few weeks after that before we know when/where open calls will be held. Stay tuned!

thanks for this message and i can't wait...i think big brother is the best reality tv show out there haha...

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 08:21:25 PM »
Big Brother 13: Casting begins in March
February 18th, 2011 3:11 pm ET .Do you like this Article?
Big Brother 13 is set to begin their casting process in March! It's been a long winter and fans have certainly been missing the show. It's now why we look forward to summertime, right?

Robyn Kass of Kassting Inc., the casting director who holds the Big Brother auditions has just announced this:

"BB casting starts up beginning of March. It will be a few weeks after that before we know when/where open calls will be held. Stay tuned!"

Click here to see the eligibility requirements for Big Brother 13!
Click here to get the Big Brother 13 application instructions!

Subscribe to this National Big Brother Examiner to get email notifications of all the happenings with the upcoming Big Brother 13 show, including casting dates and locations. As soon as they are posted, they will be listed here!

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Big Brother 13: Casting begins in March - National big brother | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/big-brother-in-national/big-brother-13-casting-begins-march#ixzz1EVWOljG5

http://www.examiner.com/big-brother-in-national/big-brother-13-casting-begins-march#ixzz1EVWOljG5

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 08:24:31 PM »
Big Brother 13

Have you ever wanted to be on Big Brother? If you fell you have what it takes to win Big Brother 13 in 2011 then get your application in and prepare to audition in 2011! CBS has confirmed Big Brother for its 2011 season.
Auditions will start being listed in the Spring, but for now you can start preparing yourself by watching back over past seasons to see what worked and what got HGs evicted! Keep checking back here for more details.

http://www.2011auditions.com/big-brother-13/

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 08:25:27 PM »
Do You Want To Be A Contestant?
Think you can out-last a bunch of strangers living in a house outfitted with dozens of cameras and microphones recording your ever move 24 hours a day? If so, we invite to apply to ear a spot as a houseguest in an upcoming season of Big Brother.

http://www.cbs.com/casting/index.php?show=2&0.422954140520638

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 05:56:34 PM »
This was just tweeted from BB13cast

BB13cast Big Brother Casting
Lights are on, windows R open, desks & chairs R dusted off. Looks like the casting team is moving back in! Here we go again #BB13

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 04:56:56 PM »

March 1, 2011
Big Brother 13 Interview: Robyn Kass, Big Brother Casting Director

By: Matt (BBN) |
 Big Brother, Big Brother 13, Interviews,

Robyn Kass Every Big Brother preseason we’re flooded with auditioning questions on how to apply, nail the audition, and end up in the BB House. While I’d consider myself quite the Big Brother connoisseur and a dedicated fan since the first season I’ll be the first to admit that when it comes to casting the best reality show evah, I only know what I’ve gleaned from those more adventurous than me. So, armed with a stack of the most often asked casting questions and my own curiosities of what goes on behind the curtain, I turned to Big Brother Casting Director Robyn Kass of Kassting Inc., who graciously agreed to be interviewed and share her unmatched insight.

Robyn Kass has lead the casting for Big Brother for the past decade since Big Brother 2 along with 26 other reality shows including Survivor, The Bachelor, and The Bachelorette. Having earned her first casting gig with Big Brother in 2001 it’s easy to see Robyn’s professional and personal interests shine through when it comes to making sure each season has the very best Houseguests possible.

So if you’re planning on filling out that Big Brother 13 application, submitting your audition video, and even attending every casting event in your area, then read on to find out everything you should know going in to the casting process.

Robyn Kass on making your Big Brother audition the best it can be:

Big Brother Network: What tends to grab your attention the most in an audition?

Robyn Kass, Kassting Inc.: It’s pretty easy to tell when someone is trying too hard. It’s difficult to explain, but we can tell if you’ve rehearsed what you’re gonna say. Don’t do it. Come in fresh minded, but willing to open up and talk. If we ask you a question, give explanations and stories to back up what you’ve said. We like examples…. if you say “I’m controversial” our next question will probably be “great, give us an example of being controversial….” that’s when there’s usually a LONG pause. Don’t say things if you can’t back it up.

BBN: What are the top three things you’d recommend avoiding during an audition?

Kass: 1. Avoid one word answers….. “So, it says on your application you have 7 sisters, wow”…. “yep”. We’ve just given you a huge opening to tell us about your big family and you answered with “yep”, happens all the time.

2. Avoid dressing in something that isn’t “YOU”. Please come to an audition dressed nice, I always say that, but dress in your style. If you’re not a suit and tie guy do not wear one. If you’re a girl who’s more comfortable in jeans, wear jeans and a cute top. You’ll do better in your audition if you look good, feel good and are comfortable.

3. Remember, it’s not a job interview. You do not have to be “PC” with your answers. Don’t worry about offending us or keeping it “clean”, if you’re a person who cusses, go for it. We want to see the real you…. I always tell people to talk to me like they’re having beers with their closest friends.

BBN: Settle the age old question. Which gives applicants a better chance: in-person audition or video submission?

Kass: Really, it doesn’t matter. At this time in the game, season 13, we know what we want….. we watch every tape that comes in and we watch the open calls too, so wherever you feel more comfortable. Some people are more at ease at home, with their friends around and some people like to meet us in person, some like to do both. We’ve had contestants on BB who have applied every way possible, so no right answer.

BBN: What’s the one thing you wish every applicant knew going in to his or her audition?

Kass: I like every person to be unique. I just wish everyone would relax and have a good time. Nothing worse than leaving an interview thinking “I wish I said this or that”.

Robyn Kass on past Big Brother Houseguests:

BBN: Which HG has surprised you the most once you saw him or her in action inside the house?

Kass: Hummmm, great question. I’m probably surprised at the same moments all the viewers are surprised….. Jerry motor boating April, Joe talking about STDs, Chima breaking rules, Howie with his “personal moments” in the pool shed…. I could probably go on. I’m guessing it would be the same list as any fan.

BBN: How often are HGs cast with the expectation to clash or hookup but end up getting along or having no chemistry?

Kass: We don’t really have any of those expectations going into the house. We know the stress of the house will bring out the best and worst in people and will result in conflict and romance, it just does. But we don’t go in thinking specific people will bump heads or hook up.

BBN: How many super fans keep showing up year after year like last season’s Matt Hoffman?

Kass: Lots, and I hope they never stop. I’m sure the true fans know how many cast members applied year after year before getting on (e.g., Dick, Dan, Kail, Matt, Ronnie)

Robyn Kass on Big Brother season themes:

BBN: Do auditions ever drive the season’s theme (as a pattern emerges) or do CBS and Allison Grodner Productions direct your team to look for certain angles/styles?

Kass: All twists come from CBS and AGP (Allison Grodner Productions).

BBN: Which past season theme has been your favorite to cast?

Kass: HA! Most fun?? The twists are always very difficult for us to cast. As difficult as the themes are it makes my job challenging and never dull. It’s Sophie’s Choice, I can’t choose. 

BBN: If you could suggest a theme to production, what would it be and why?

Kass: Absolutely no idea.

A huge ‘Thank You!’ goes to Robyn Kass for taking the time to humor this Big Brother fanatic. I look forward to the work she and her team does every preseason and can’t wait to see who Kassting Inc. throws at us for Big Brother 13!

read more here: http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-13-interview-robyn-kass-big-brother-casting-director/

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 03:03:06 PM »
:lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 09:00:02 PM »
Thank goodness...time stopped!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 08:19:28 AM »
I hope that clock stays just like it is.  :lol3:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2011, 05:47:24 PM »
 tweeted  today
Kassting Robyn Kass
Despite any crazy internet rumors, BB13 is NOT an Allstars. A fresh season, new HGs, please apply! Open calls posted starting next week!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2011, 06:24:54 PM »
PU-LEEEEEZE let this be an interesting season. No repeat anything, including past house guests. (That means NO Jesse!) No special twists to save someone. Put them in the house, give them slop and see what happens. I would accept the cold storage room again, I liked that evil punishment.  :snicker:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:49:18 AM by TexasLady »