Author Topic: TAR 17 Media  (Read 45204 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 17 Media
« on: May 20, 2010, 06:55:41 AM »
All TAR 17 media, news, articles, press releases live here! :tup:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 04:33:20 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

arun1125

Re: TAR 17 Media
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 03:59:01 PM »
http://reality-tv-gossip.suite101.com/article.cfm/amazing-race-17-gets-started-in-gloucester-boston-massachusetts - Article, All the info sited from this website  great work team!

Credits to: ‘wenger15,’ ‘georgiapeach,’ and ‘Macaroons’

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 04:33:22 PM »
That's from Stephen, he is a friend to RFF and does a great job!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 04:46:26 PM »
Just thought I should put this in here even though we already have it...

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/local/x712223997/TVs-next-Amazing-Race-gets-Gloucester-start

TV's next 'Amazing Race' gets Gloucester start

By Jonathan L'Ecuyer Staff Writer

The helicopter with a camera affixed to its nose — and seen following a caravan of dark-colored SUVs and Smart Cars from high above Eastern Point on Wednesday — was no news chopper.

It apparently contained a film crew for CBS' "The Amazing Race," which began filming its 17th season in Gloucester Harbor.

Several teams of two, each pair donning different colored shirts, were bused to Jodrey State Fish Pier, loaded onto lobster boats, transported to the Eastern Point Yacht Club and sent on their way in Smart Cars to their first destination — Logan International Airport.

While an employee of the Yacht Club could only confirm that there was a "private function" held at the facility on Wednesday,  Joe Ciaramitaro, author of the GoodMorningGloucester blog, caught the contestants' departure from the state pier on camera and posted the video to the popular blog site, also accessible through the community blogs at gloucestertimes.com.

"I look out toward the fish pier every day and I noticed this big bus come through," Ciaramitaro said Thursday. "I just started taping because it was interesting."

Ciaramitaro captured the teams walking down the gangway and aboard a half dozen Gloucester fishing vessels: The Jennie C, No Excuses, Karen Lynn, Tuna.Com, Lady J, and Lady Lane.

The procession of boats headed out single file past the Paint Factory to Gloucester's Inner Harbor, where they passed the Greasy Pole and Hammond Castle en route to the Eastern Point Yacht Club. There, they disembarked and the race began, Ciaramitaro said.

Ciaramitaro's wife, Jill, and a few friends had just finished an exercise class on East Main Street when a pair of "Amazing Race" contestants, who found themselves stuck in road construction traffic just beyond Rocky Neck, rolled down their window and asked them for directions to Logan International Airport.

"When the car stopped, two cameramen popped out of the SUV which was right behind the man-and-woman race team, who were rolling separately in a Smart Car," he said. "The camera and a microphone were shoved in (Jill's) face and when she replied how to get to Logan, the team told her not to speak to anyone else."

Before the team could continue on their journey, his wife had to sign a release form acknowledging she may end up on the show, Ciaramitaro said. That would be fine with Jill, who is a fan of the reality show.

"She watches it religiously," Ciaramitaro said. "I'm a casual fan because I can't stay up that late because I get up at 3 a.m."

The show follows the teams of two people who have some form of pre-existing relationship as they race rival teams around the world. Contestants travel to and within several countries in a variety of transportation modes, and teams are continuously eliminated until just three remain. The team that first arrives at the final destination is awarded the $1 million grand prize.

Attempts to reach CBS publicists were not returned by press time Thursday. The show has been on American television since 2001 and has earned eight Emmy Awards, including all seven "Outstanding Reality-Competition Program" awards that have been presented.

The 17th installment of the series — which airs two seasons per calendar year — will air on CBS this fall.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 02:01:53 PM by River »

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 09:58:03 AM »

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 10:12:10 AM »
Interesting, will we have another "Fantasticks" alum winning TAR?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 10:14:46 PM »
Article at http://reality-tv-gossip.suite101.com/article.cfm/amazing-race-17-reaches-finish-line-in-los-angeles-california

Basically, its a quick summary of everything we have found so far (They even credit us for all the information.) It contains some pretty serious spoilers, so I wont post the actual article here.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 10:28:20 PM »
Steven is a good friend to RFF, and he does an excellent job in getting everything correct! Thanks Steven! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 04:45:30 AM »
Emmy talk:

The amazing run of 'The Amazing Race'
The show has won the reality-competition series Emmy for seven years in a row. Those left in the dust are shaking their fists at the process.
By Ray Richmond, Special to the Los Angeles Times
June 17, 2010

The reality-competition and the variety-music-comedy series Emmy categories have since 2003 annually grown to resemble scenes from the movie "Groundhog Day."

Odds are, on the night the trophies are handed out, the envelope will be opened and a presenter will utter the words "The Amazing Race" for reality-competition and "The Daily Show" for variety. It's been this way for seven consecutive years, the two shows currently sharing the Emmy record for successive wins in a single category.

That CBS' global chase extravaganza "The Amazing Race" has so consistently taken home the Emmy since the inception of the reality-competition grouping has proved vexing to fellow category travelers like the Fox mega-hit "American Idol" (seven nominations, seven losses) and ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" (nominated the last four years without a win).

More here:
http://theenvelope.latimes.com/news/la-en-amazing-race-20100617,0,7044315.story
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 12:41:15 PM »
Looks like Berty's back:

"I'm always honestly surprised and extremely honored to win every time, but by the same token I feel we earn the accolades with our extraordinary casting and storytelling," Van Munster says. "Compared with a lot of other reality shows, we're non-formulaic and truly unpredictable."
more by Bertram van Munster - 15 hours ago - Los Angeles Times (1 occurrences)

Source

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 10:04:32 AM »
Here's an article about the Princeton boys.

http://www.universitypressclub.com/archive/2010/07/your-monthly-amazing-race-update-part-1-or-what-we-talk-about-when-we-talk-about-cdy/

I wasn't aware that Princeton was the center of the universe and populated by gods... B:)
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 03:00:10 PM »
Here's an article about the Princeton boys.

http://www.universitypressclub.com/archive/2010/07/your-monthly-amazing-race-update-part-1-or-what-we-talk-about-when-we-talk-about-cdy/

I wasn't aware that Princeton was the center of the universe and populated by gods... B:)

As a top-level Ivy League school, Princeton is right up there with Harvard and Yale as the a preferred institution to train the elite. That does not guarantee Princeton graduates success in life, but it does assure that they will get more opportunities sooner than graduates of other fine but less prestigious centers of higher learning. As the article says "the Princeton mystique – a mystique that gives us an extra measure of confidence that we might not otherwise have, a mystique that at times makes us feel like we’re exceptional, incredible, smart and savvy and headed nowhere but up." The typical Princeton student got excellent SAT scores, was near or at the top of his or her class, was involved in a wide range of extracurricular activities and public service, and may have been a distinguished athlete or musician or chess player or expert in one of many other skills WHILE THEY WERE IN HIGH SCHOOL. They were winners before they arrived at Princeton. They merely chose to take their services to Princeton for a 4 year period.

Princeton NJ is not the center of the universe. However, it is populated by exceptional people (even though they are not gods).

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 09:39:04 AM »
Here is a New York Post article about Celebrity possibilities indicating that the author knows almost nothing:

Celebrity 'Race'?
By AMANDA MELILLO

Last Updated: 9:55 AM, August 26, 2010

Posted: 12:56 AM, August 26, 2010

Could the next contestants on "The Amazing Race" be celebrities?

Phil Keoghan, who hosts the CBS show that features contestants racing around the globe, say the show is talking about the idea of famous challengers catching cabs in foreign cities or jumping into hot air balloons.

"If every celebrity who has told me they liked the show signed up and was a part of it, that would be huge," Keoghan told Entertainment Weekly.

"I know Sarah Jessica Parker is a big fan of the show, and I heard Drew Barrymore likes the show, and Neil Patrick Harris likes the show. I just don't know if they realize what [is in store]."

Keoghan has said the biggest hurdle would be finding celebs with enough time in their schedules to film the show at a single stretch.

The show usually takes nearly a month to film.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:52:18 AM by apskip »

Offline Sandra1991

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 09:45:42 AM »
I'm totally against a celebrity edition of TAR, but I have to admit that I would love to see Neil Patrick Harris racing  :hearts:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 09:48:38 AM »
Celebrity or no celebrity, is still a good race/show to me

But i guess this will definity overcome the 'bad record' in Amazing Race Family Edition
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 10:12:55 AM »
This (Un) popular topic will generate a lot of discussion.

You can take the discussion to one of these threads, okay? Thanks!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,22436.msg556389.html#msg556389

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23097.0/topicseen.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 01:10:46 AM »
I don't know if this is the right thread to post my rant/question on (sorry if it isn't), but...why is CBS not letting people from other countries access the previews, team interviews, etc? It's not like we can burn them on DVDs & make profit?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:35:15 AM by krabbe »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 06:08:37 AM »
I don't know if this is the right thread to post my rant/question on (sorry if it isn't), but...why is CBS not letting people from other countries access the previews, team interviews, etc? It's not like we can turn burn them on DVDs & make profit?

Hear! Hear!
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 08:41:43 AM »
I don't know if this is the right thread to post my rant/question on (sorry if it isn't), but...why is CBS not letting people from other countries access the previews, team interviews, etc? It's not like we can burn them on DVDs & make profit?
Really, the problem is with the networks other than CBS that broadcast TAR.

I've asked CTV in Canada the question. The answer is that its all about the money.
In some cases they haven't purchased the rights to distribute the "extra" bits via the internet. So the network is being "thrifty" in not purchasing.
In other cases its a cost/benefit analysis. If they have purchased the rights to distribute via the internet, they only purchase the right to do so in their own country. So they have to limit who can watch it to just Canada. To do that requires special setup on the web site, which requires a person to do that setup and posting, which costs money.
The justification is that it won't increase ratings to post them, so why go to the expense?

I assume the situation is the same in other countries that simulcast TAR.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 09:15:20 AM »
same thing applies to AXN, only allows asians to watch, outside Asia, 4 words to say, better luck next time
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 08:22:48 AM »
The watermelon facesmash is taking on a life of its own. MSNBC on how someone can "survive" such an incident:

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/09/09/5077122-how-to-take-a-watermelon-smash-to-the-face

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 08:33:04 AM »
same thing applies to AXN, only allows asians to watch, outside Asia, 4 words to say, better luck next time

Actually it's Asian Country's that have AXN.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 09:25:42 AM »
Really, the problem is with the networks other than CBS that broadcast TAR.

I've asked CTV in Canada the question. The answer is that its all about the money.
In some cases they haven't purchased the rights to distribute the "extra" bits via the internet. So the network is being "thrifty" in not purchasing.
In other cases its a cost/benefit analysis. If they have purchased the rights to distribute via the internet, they only purchase the right to do so in their own country. So they have to limit who can watch it to just Canada. To do that requires special setup on the web site, which requires a person to do that setup and posting, which costs money.
The justification is that it won't increase ratings to post them, so why go to the expense?

I assume the situation is the same in other countries that simulcast TAR.

Ah I understand now. CBS should just bundle up the extras with the show, the cost can't be that big. Even JetBlue gives you 'free' snacks.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 09:16:28 PM »
"The Amazing Race" has its first viral video hit of the season -- a young competitor getting nailed in the face with a watermelon shot from a medieval catapult.

The most painful part of the situation is that racer Claire Champlin -- a Home Shopping Network host-- did it to herself.

While in England, participating in what seems to be a roadblock challenge, Champlin is seen shooting whole watermelons at a suit of armor. It's going well, until a misfire results in a watermelon being slingshot back into her face with such force that the fruit gets pulverized.

READ MORE ON: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/amazing_racer_hit_on_melon_video_zRFzOOoazRsnvOlYUYqBYJ#ixzz0zBPpgQ6V

Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2010, 06:58:28 PM »
According to my Mediacom DVR program schedule, the title for episode 1 is "They Don't Call It The Amazing Race For Nothin'!" with no mention of a country.
-- theschnauzers