Archive > The Amazing Race 17 Spoilers & Speculation

TAR 17 Media

<< < (2/16) > >>

chill_sd:
Interesting, will we have another "Fantasticks" alum winning TAR?

Coutzy:
Article at http://reality-tv-gossip.suite101.com/article.cfm/amazing-race-17-reaches-finish-line-in-los-angeles-california

Basically, its a quick summary of everything we have found so far (They even credit us for all the information.) It contains some pretty serious spoilers, so I wont post the actual article here.

georgiapeach:
Steven is a good friend to RFF, and he does an excellent job in getting everything correct! Thanks Steven! :waves:

georgiapeach:
Emmy talk:

The amazing run of 'The Amazing Race'
The show has won the reality-competition series Emmy for seven years in a row. Those left in the dust are shaking their fists at the process.
By Ray Richmond, Special to the Los Angeles Times
June 17, 2010

The reality-competition and the variety-music-comedy series Emmy categories have since 2003 annually grown to resemble scenes from the movie "Groundhog Day."

Odds are, on the night the trophies are handed out, the envelope will be opened and a presenter will utter the words "The Amazing Race" for reality-competition and "The Daily Show" for variety. It's been this way for seven consecutive years, the two shows currently sharing the Emmy record for successive wins in a single category.

That CBS' global chase extravaganza "The Amazing Race" has so consistently taken home the Emmy since the inception of the reality-competition grouping has proved vexing to fellow category travelers like the Fox mega-hit "American Idol" (seven nominations, seven losses) and ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" (nominated the last four years without a win).

More here:
http://theenvelope.latimes.com/news/la-en-amazing-race-20100617,0,7044315.story

River:
Looks like Berty's back:

"I'm always honestly surprised and extremely honored to win every time, but by the same token I feel we earn the accolades with our extraordinary casting and storytelling," Van Munster says. "Compared with a lot of other reality shows, we're non-formulaic and truly unpredictable."
more by Bertram van Munster - 15 hours ago - Los Angeles Times (1 occurrences)

Source

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version