Author Topic: TAR 17: Jill Haney and Thomas Wolfard -- Dating  (Read 23907 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 17: Jill Haney and Thomas Wolfard -- Dating
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 10:26:54 AM »
I think that more people would have liked Jill and Thomas if they had been cast in another season and given a different edit. It seems like TAR 17 was all about having a FF team win.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:15:27 PM by the-pr0phet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 01:16:59 AM »
^ Yep, I agree on that, as I've mentioned earlier. Somehow, this team kinda reminds me of Colin and Christie, whom I actually rooted for on their season. But yeah, this season is all about strong, dominant all-female teams and we all wanted history to be broken so bad. I believe if Jill and Thomas had been cast on the previous season, it could be a different story altogether.

But they are a very strong, consistent team and would have deserved to win all the same. Too bad for a bad cab.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 09:26:19 AM »
3rd Place Cab Nightmares with Jill and Thomas The Amazing Race
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Reg Seeton

After running hard throughout The Amazing Race 17 to stay in the thick of competition, Jill Haney and Thomas Wolfard fell victim to the random numbers game of life in Los Angeles when they chose the wrong cab in the recent finale of The Amazing Race.

Stuck in the back of a cab during The Amazing Race finale at the moment when they needed to find information to their next task, Jill and Thomas lost precious time and couldn't make ground on both Brook and Claire and eventual Amazing Race winners, Nat and Kat. As a result of their bad cab experience, Jill and Thomas placed third on The Amazing Race after overcoming their own communication obstacles and many global hurdles.

Following their third place finish on The Amazing Race 17, TheDeadbolt caught up with Jill and Thomas to find out what went wrong, what we didn't see, how they felt about watching The Amazing Race finale, and how Jill and Thomas are different now because of their Amazing Race experience.

THE DEADBOLT: Did you guys ever find out who Sancho Panza's master was?

THOMAS WOLFARD: You know, it's funny. My second major was Spanish. I was really literature focused and I read Don Quixote in Spanish. I certainly knew of Don Quixote and I knew about Sancho Panza, but it was just the way it was written out. You needed confirmation. It said, "blank" studios. I never heard of Don Quixote Studios and it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But once we found a place and looked up Quixote Studios, then we saw it was an actual place and it made a lot more sense.

THE DEADBOLT: How painful was it to watch the finale?

THOMAS: It was awful. We were obviously dreading it for awhile. It felt like we really got it down to a groove towards the end and we really finished the race strong, obviously losing it in the last leg.

JILL HANEY: Yeah. We walked away with some fabulous prizes and traveled aound the world, so you can't be too disappointed.

THE DEADBOLT: The back of the cab must have felt like a prison. Was that the toughest part of the race?

THOMAS: It was awful. Basically, we get on the road in the cab and we get in feeling strong after all of the communication problems. We were in the process and I called information and they were looking all of this stuff up for us. They were conveying the information to the guy and we didn't have a phone. Then the phone went dead. We were more so in a prison because we had no way to communicate with anybody and we had to pull off on the side of the road and that's when they showed us their computer. I was trying to use that person's computer and ultimately found someone with an iPhone to get the information.

THE DEADBOLT: How far behind were you guys in the end?

JILL: I'm not really sure. I mean, when we got to the finish line, both of them were there and we didn't want to know how close or far we were.

THE DEADBOLT: Jill, it looked like you were really nervous before you got to the bungee jump. How hard was that for you when you were up there?

JILL: I'm really uncomfortable with heights. Even when I repelled off of the mountain I was freaking out. I'm extremely uncomfortable, but it would never stop me from doing it. But especially just because you're waiting, you're sitting there hanging, going, "Okay, when are they going to let us drop?" You're just waiting and anticipating this free fall.

THE DEADBOLT: So, Thomas, do you have a new appreciation for float decorating?

THOMAS: We got to the final leg and to have an arts and crafts challenge was a little disappointing. I thought it would be something a little more mentally challenging or physically challenging and we were just sitting there putting flowers on a float.

THE DEADBOLT: Now that it's all said and done, how are you guys different because of the race?

JILL: Just having this experience and sharing it and going through it together aligned us even more. We've been together for awhile, so it brought us even closer.

THOMAS: We got to see the world and it was exciting to see how much people are willing to help you out and go out of their way to help you and talk to you. I just really have an appreciation that people are generally good all around the world. You can give people the benefit of the doubt.

THE DEADBOLT: After watching the season, is there anything you wish we saw that wasn't aired?

THOMAS: There was one time. I don't know if I can even mention this, but we were stopped in the airport for security and we were going to Sweden ...

JILL: On that first flight that was early.

THOMAS: ... we had tickets on that earlier flight when half of the people got there earlier and half got there later.

JILL: We got on that first flight and got stopped from competing by the German police.

THOMAS: We got stopped because they were filming in a secure area.

JILL: Yeah, the passport area and they we didn't realize it as we were running through the door. So we actually missed that flight we had seats on because the German police had to look through our footage to make sure there wasn't anything on it.

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/109484/jill_thomas_amazing_race_17_interview.php
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 09:40:50 AM »
Nat and Kat set the example: it's possible to leave a bad taxi driver behind and find another. It's also much more advantageous. This is was the moment when I believed for the first time that Nat and Kat were a winning team.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
Here's a nice article on Jill. And apparently she styled Kim Kardashian’s hair for her wedding  :cmas18

http://cheekychicago.com/reality-star-jill-haney-gets-cheeky/

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 11:03:51 AM »
THE DEADBOLT: After watching the season, is there anything you wish we saw that wasn't aired?

THOMAS: There was one time. I don't know if I can even mention this, but we were stopped in the airport for security and we were going to Sweden ...

JILL: On that first flight that was early.

THOMAS: ... we had tickets on that earlier flight when half of the people got there earlier and half got there later.

JILL: We got on that first flight and got stopped from competing by the German police.

THOMAS: We got stopped because they were filming in a secure area.

JILL: Yeah, the passport area and they we didn't realize it as we were running through the door. So we actually missed that flight we had seats on because the German police had to look through our footage to make sure there wasn't anything on it.

Which eventually lead to them using the EP. Now that's something I didn't know! :cmas7

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 03:45:48 PM »
Although you did not know it, one has to question what difference it made. The Express Pass had to be used in Sweden, St. Petersburg, or Oman before its 8 leg use limit ran out. Since Thomas and Jill made it to the finale anyway, I will argue that it did not matter that they had to use the Express Pass in Sweden (actually, they didn't but they wanted to be super-safe and not take the slightest risk).

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 10:02:37 PM »
Although you did not know it, one has to question what difference it made. The Express Pass had to be used in Sweden, St. Petersburg, or Oman before its 8 leg use limit ran out. Since Thomas and Jill made it to the finale anyway, I will argue that it did not matter that they had to use the Express Pass in Sweden (actually, they didn't but they wanted to be super-safe and not take the slightest risk).

I am not questioning about the difference it made. I think it is just interesting that it ultimately led to them being in the back pack and using the Express Pass. I know it would not have made a difference as they will make the F3 anyway, but the only difference it will make is whether or not they will use it to secure a win in a leg (like Ernie and Cindy tried to do). Thanks.