Author Topic: TAR 17: Jill Haney and Thomas Wolfard -- Dating  (Read 23854 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 17: Jill Haney and Thomas Wolfard -- Dating
« on: September 01, 2010, 08:56:08 AM »
Jill and Thomas

Dating

Jill Haney

Hometown: Marina Del Rey, Calif.

Connection to your Teammate: Girlfriend

Current occupation: Hair Stylist

Favorite hobbies: Reading, running and work out classes

Achievements: Leaving my hometown to live in a big city like I had always dreamed of

Lifelong to do list: Have an Eat Pray Love experience in life

What scares you most about traveling? Nothing! I want to experience as much of the world as I can. I am uneasy when there is turbulence, though.

What excites you most about traveling? Relaxing, getting sun, doing activates and having no phone

Role model/hero: My sister – she's smart, driven and independent. I always look to her for guidance and inspiration.

What are you passionate about? Family, friends, my career, traveling and enjoying every moment of life

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would take my family on vacation, buy a new car, purchase a great collection of handbags and finally invest the rest.

People would be surprised to learn: The amount of physical labor and construction work I've had to do. Thanks, Dad.

Favorite place you have ever visited: Madrid, Spain

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Communication and not being short tempered with one another.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope we grow as a team and have an amazing experience together.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He never cleans up after himself.

Thomas Wolfard

Hometown: Marina Del Rey, Calif.

Connection to your Teammate: Boyfriend

Current occupation: Ad Sales Director

Favorite hobbies: Skiing, golfing and lounging

Achievements: Graduating from Notre Dame

Lifelong to do list: I would ultimately like to give more.

What scares you most about traveling? Being caught in a hostile environment is what I'm most fearful of when traveling.

What excites you most about traveling? Being completely and utterly immersed in a polar opposite cultural environment

If I could switch places with someone: Phil Mickelson – Something about making tens of millions of dollars playing golf on the most scenic courses in the world seems fairly intriguing.

Role model/hero: My dad. He's the smartest, hardest working and selfless person I know.

What are you passionate about? God, my family, sports and travel

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Put a down payment on a ski house in the Colorado Rockies.

People would be surprised to learn: Yo hablo espanol… como un gringo

Favorite place you have ever visited: San Sebastian, Spain

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Our biggest hurdle on the Race will be communicating effectively.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope to experience other cultures. It would also be a great life experience Jill and I can share.

Pet peeve about your teammate: She always has spelling errors.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:15:24 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 17: Jill Haney and Thomas Wolfard -- Dating
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 01:15:44 PM »
Summary updated with Intro video!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 12:32:45 PM »
some may question the wisdom of Jill and Thomas' decision to use their ExpressPass on the Kiruna part of the race. I cannot fault them. They were last by an unknown amount, but they could have guessed at least 15 minutes after the dog sled camp and they did not have any idea what DETOURs others chose or how much time might be required. As things turned out for Connor/Jonathan taking so much time doing Beds, they should have been OK without using the ExpressPass, but they could not have known this at the time they had to decide. They took the safe route to stay in the competition. Their goal of being a leading team was not met, but they were in the middle of the pack.

Offline kavin

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 05:24:36 AM »
Thanks for this intro about the contestants. But I personally telling you, i don't like them. Definitely they very good contestants, but I don't like them. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 08:37:37 AM »
Thanks for this intro about the contestants. But I personally telling you, i don't like them. Definitely they very good contestants, but I don't like them. 

JT definitely don't get a good edit, which is why no one likes them.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 08:52:31 AM »
I have a feeling if Jill and Thomas were cast on another season, say, the previous season, we might like them more. I think it's just that we all want an all-female team to win so much, and Nat and Kat and Brook and Claire certainly are potential candidates, that's why we're all rooting for the girls and don't want Jill and Thomas to win. I guess in comparison to these two girl teams, Jill and Thomas seem forgettable and boring.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 08:53:46 AM »
I have a feeling if Jill and Thomas were cast on another season, say, the previous season, we might like them more. I think it's just that we all want an all-female team to win so much, and Nat and Kat and Brook and Claire certainly are potential candidates, that's why we're all rooting for the girls and don't want Jill and Thomas to win. I guess in comparison to these two girl teams, Jill and Thomas seem forgettable and boring.

This is an excellent assessment, Ruth! JT are not bad people; it's all in the editing. The editors can paint a team however they want them and write whatever stories they want to write using the provided film.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 10:10:19 AM »

Yeah.  Also, Thomas can be rather annoying.  I think the combination of Jill being forgettable and boring and Thomas being annoying when he isn't also forgettable and boring makes people root for them less, especially when compared to Brook & Claire who are definitely entertaining (especially Brook) and Nat & Kat, who are less forgettable than Jill and more likeable than Thomas.

Belle Book

Offline kadilahopper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 10:43:05 AM »
I am in the minority when I champion Jill and Thomas.  I like them both.  Where everyone sees boring, I see quiet intensity.  They are never lackadaisical about any task.  They are decisive.  When they are having difficulty with one detour they decide quickly to change.  This quick thinking and quick decisions have kept them in this race.  And my main reason is shallow.  The other two teams are well off financially, and Jill and Thomas are not.  To me they are the average Joes and they race like average Joes. They want the money.  Forget the glory.  Cash for those who don't have it is the greatest incentive.  But then, that is just my opinion. :<)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 11:38:50 AM »
I am in the minority when I champion Jill and Thomas.  I like them both.  Where everyone sees boring, I see quiet intensity.  They are never lackadaisical about any task.  They are decisive.  When they are having difficulty with one detour they decide quickly to change.  This quick thinking and quick decisions have kept them in this race.  And my main reason is shallow.  The other two teams are well off financially, and Jill and Thomas are not.  To me they are the average Joes and they race like average Joes. They want the money.  Forget the glory.  Cash for those who don't have it is the greatest incentive.  But then, that is just my opinion. :<)

They may not be lacadaisical, but, as indicated by the interviews before the final, they are extremely cocky.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 01:59:22 PM »
I am in the minority when I champion Jill and Thomas.  I like them both.  Where everyone sees boring, I see quiet intensity.  They are never lackadaisical about any task.  They are decisive.  When they are having difficulty with one detour they decide quickly to change.  This quick thinking and quick decisions have kept them in this race.  And my main reason is shallow.  The other two teams are well off financially, and Jill and Thomas are not.  To me they are the average Joes and they race like average Joes. They want the money.  Forget the glory.  Cash for those who don't have it is the greatest incentive.  But then, that is just my opinion. :<)

They may not be lacadaisical, but, as indicated by the interviews before the final, they are extremely cocky.

You know, I don't think it's a problem that they're being cocky in the pre-final leg interview. If you go on The Amazing Race to just have a good time and not care about winning, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. If you're going to win the race, you've got to want it.

For an all-girl team to win, that means Jill & Thomas must lose. If an interviewer is asking them about an all-girl team winning, that means they're pretty much counting Jill & Thomas out of it. If a reporter asked me what it's like to know that Race history will be made if my team loses, I sure wouldn't be too happy about it either. I can completely understand his "cockiness" but in this case I consider it to be more like self-confidence.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 04:31:16 PM »

:cmaslol At least theres still someone here that hasn't joined the all-girl team bandwagon. I picked Jill & Thomas pre-race and I'm sticking by my choice, even if that does mean both female teams have to loose. I completly agree with your assessment of them. It's why they've been finishing on top. That as well as their drive is what in my opinion makes a winning team.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 05:16:06 PM »
I like Jill & Thomas as well. They deserve to win as much as the other two teams.  :cmas31:

Offline allie303

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 10:10:16 AM »
I like this team a lot. Love their intensity.

That said, Thomas can be pretty douchey from time to time.  :mas25

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 02:52:18 PM »
He can be, but I feel like they always end the day with a smile on their faces, unlike Nick & Vicki or in some cases Chad & Stephanie.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 07:43:47 PM »
at least they have more personality than Charlie and Rachel :/
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Rogue

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »
And my main reason is shallow.  The other two teams are well off financially, and Jill and Thomas are not.  To me they are the average Joes and they race like average Joes. They want the money.  Forget the glory.  Cash for those who don't have it is the greatest incentive.  But then, that is just my opinion. :<)

Nat and Kat may be doctors but they have not been practicing long enough to be well off financially. They are talking about paying student loans off, high, med school student loans. Also did you read what Thomas does for a living? Do you honestly think Thomas is not making money in that position? Look up the salary for that job and see how much he is struggling. And Jill has been a cosmetologist for seven years. Unless she is unemployed or just switched jobs, my guess is she is not doing that bad either. Everyone wants the money but the experience you take away should be just as important. But this is just my opinion. I like Thomas and Jill but I've liked Nat and Kat and Brook and Claire before this whole first female team winning mess got as big as it has.
You don't always win the race by making the best forward moves but you make it by avoiding the huge moves that set you back. -Nat

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 10:53:37 AM »
 :cmas9 Travel by taxi to Greystone Mansion, and follow the marked path and run to the Finish Line. This is it! Go, Go, Go!  :cmas9

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 11:15:45 AM »

Who are Charlie & Rachel?  Are they from TARA?

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 03:02:17 PM »
:cmas9 Travel by taxi to Greystone Mansion, and follow the marked path and run to the Finish Line. This is it! Go, Go, Go!  :cmas9

Huh? ???

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 04:17:16 PM »
:cmas9 Travel by taxi to Greystone Mansion, and follow the marked path and run to the Finish Line. This is it! Go, Go, Go!  :cmas9

Huh? ???

Spreading the excitement.  :cmaslol  :cmas9

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 09:05:46 PM »

Who are Charlie & Rachel?  Are they from TARA?

Belle Book

China Rush. But back to JT, I feel bad they made that huge mistake after running an almost perfect race. I just knew cabs would be their downfall.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 09:11:19 PM »
I really liked Jill and Thomas. They ran a good race and were gracious at the finish line.
delightful just delightful

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 12:32:26 AM »
Congratulations to Jill & Thomas!  :cmas26 Now they can enjoy the trips that they won, together!  :cmas9

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 10:12:51 AM »
I really liked Jill and Thomas. They ran a good race and were gracious at the finish line.

I respected Jill & Thomas more than liked them, but I'm glad they were very gracious at the finish line.

Belle Book