Author Topic: TAR 17: Brook Roberts and Claire Champlin -- Home Shopping Hosts  (Read 79804 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: TAR 17: Brook Roberts and Claire Champlin -- Home Shopping Hosts
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2010, 06:04:03 PM »
Wow... If Claire's boy is due in February, does that mean she was already pregnant when running the race? Geez!
The arithmetic is pretty easy. Nine months before February is May. So, yes, Claire was about one month pregnant when AR17 started on June 26, but she may not have actually known that.

She probably didn't -- at least at the beginning.  I think the obvious signs of pregnancy appear a little past one month.  Though it might explain why she began developing signs of killer fatigue towards the end of the Race -- pregnancy can certainly affect a woman's energy levels.

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2010, 08:28:49 AM »
Wow... If Claire's boy is due in February, does that mean she was already pregnant when running the race? Geez!
The arithmetic is pretty easy. Nine months before February is May. So, yes, Claire was about one month pregnant when AR17 started on June 26, but she may not have actually known that.

She probably didn't -- at least at the beginning.  I think the obvious signs of pregnancy appear a little past one month.  Though it might explain why she began developing signs of killer fatigue towards the end of the Race -- pregnancy can certainly affect a woman's energy levels.

Belle Book

If they won, then they were the first three-member team to win the Race!
Of course, it wouldalso be debatable on whether or not they were an all-female team.
Of course, this theory is based on the assumption that Claire was pregnant during the Race.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:33:24 AM by the-pr0phet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2010, 10:08:01 AM »
I have answered this elsewhere, all further spec about Claire's due dates will be deleted. This is NOT a GYN office. :lol:

And the answer is no.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2010, 10:54:37 AM »
 :cmas9 Travel by taxi to Greystone Mansion, and follow the marked path and run to the Finish Line. This is it! Go, Go, Go!  :cmas9

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2010, 04:36:07 PM »
Good luck ladies! :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2010, 02:06:28 AM »
Congrats to Brook & Claire for their sexy second!
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2010, 10:18:29 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS BROOK AND CLAIRE FOR CLAIMING THE 2ND PLACE AWARD! Brook and Claire Flair/Flare forever!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2010, 09:32:16 AM »
The Amazing Race: 2nd Place Memories with Brook and Claire
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Reg Seeton

After competing on The Amazing Race 17 as season long frontrunners with eventual winners Nat and Kat, Brook Roberts and Claire Champlin finished their Amazing Race journey in second place when the two home shopping hosts hit the mat in Los Angeles during this week's finale.

Although Brook and Claire were strong competitors on The Amazing Race 17, Claire endured a close call early in the race when she was hit with a watermelon during a challenge in England that could have been fatal. After shaking off her near miss, Claire hopped to her feet and never looked back with Brook as the two almost became the first female team to win The Amazing Race.

Following their second place finish on The Amazing Race, TheDeadbolt went one-on-two with Brook and Claire to learn more about their Amazing Race experience, the now famous watermelon incident, what happened in the finale, and what it was like to meet Bob Eubanks on The Amazing Race.

THE DEADBOLT: So, I take it that you won’t be selling Sancho Panza dolls on your show?

BROOK ROBERTS: [laughs] No, we won’t. We had no idea who that was.

THE DEADBOLT: Claire, how does it feel to be such a popular viral video with the watermelon?

CLAIRE CHAMPLIN: Oh, you know, it’s great. I always dreamed when I was a little girl to be whacked in the face with a watermelon and have over ten million views. [laughs] It’s fine. I just take it with a grain of salt and laugh about it myself and just thank the lord I didn’t get more injured than I was.

THE DEADBOLT: What exactly happened afterward?

CLAIRE: Afterward, I think I was just knocked out. I really didn’t know what happened. Brook came up to me and started pulling watermelon off of my face. Then of course the medical team ran in and looked at me and checked me out. Then they ran out and the camera crews came back in. But we didn’t know if we were allowed to keep going or what really was going on.

So Brook just looked at me and said, “I think we have to finish.” She was clueless, too. She didn’t know what we were supposed to do. We saw the other teams coming up, and I knew that I didn’t want to get out on the first round, so I just got up and hauled butt to the pitstop.

THE DEADBOLT: Brook, what was going through your mind when that happened?

BROOK: I just think we were all in shock. It’s literally like if you’ve been in a car accident and you look over at your friend and she literally hit her face with the steering wheel. That’s basically what happened to her. You’re just in shock. You don’t even know what to say or what to do.

One thing that you don’t see in the quick clip is that they run over to Claire, they’re checking her out, we’re sitting in the grass for awhile, and we’re talking to one another about what we’re going to do next. That’s when Claire goes, “Well, what are we going to do? Can we finish?” We didn’t even know if they’d let us finish and no one is really telling us what to do.

So I’m like, “Well, I think we have to finish.” And that’s when Claire was like, “What?” There was just a lot of confusion in that moment and I don’t think anyone on the show ever experienced anything that crazy. I mean, that literally could’ve killed her. That had never happened on the race before, so it was a big shock for everyone.

THE DEADBOLT: I’m glad it all turned out for the better.

BROOK: I know, right?

THE DEADBOLT: So, in the finale, how cool was it to meet Bob Eubanks?

BROOK: I mean, he’s a classic icon in hosting. It was just awesome.

THE DEADBOLT: When you guys stopped at the hotel, was that the difference in the end?

BROOK: No. The difference for us was when we went off the pier. We had a safety issue and they had to redo ours, so we were behind. After the float, we did everything so quickly. We went right to the hotel, had the clues, and it took us like five minutes. We jumped in the car, ran to the show, did all of that stuff and then ran again. We were only fifteen minutes behind them. So it really was a very close race in all reality because Jill and Thomas were like two hours behind us.
So it was a lot closer than what it seemed and it wasn’t that at all. We had the best cab driver and we did everything as quickly as we physically could. I think that’s the most frustrating thing. We couldn’t have done it any quicker. There’s nothing we could’ve done. It’s out of our hands and then it’s a game of luck. Lady luck just wasn’t on our side.

THE DEADBOLT: Claire, looking back, are you glad the challenges pushed you out of your comfort zone?

CLAIRE: Most definitely. You know, that’s what everybody was asking, "Were you frustrated when Brook was trying to push you so hard?" Or, "How did it feel being stuck on the rope out there?" That’s when I learned the most about myself. What The Amazing Race taught me is that I’m capable of so much more than I ever knew. I’m just glad that Brook did push me as far as she did because she saw what I was more capable of than I did myself, and I’m thankful for that.

THE DEADBOLT: Brook, you were so composed throughout the race and then you screamed like a schoolgirl during the bungee challenge. What’s up with that?

BROOK: Because it was scary! I’m sure you heard it throughout the race. I’m always like “Ahhh!” That’s how I felt when the whole thing was swinging back and forth. I’m playful and I like to have fun and it wasn’t like I’m going to die. It was just like, “Oh my God, I can’t believe we did that. Oh my God, that was crazy!” It was fun. It was absolutely petrifying.

THE DEADBOLT: Was there anything that you wished was aired that we didn’t see during the season?

BROOK: I think you saw it all. I actually feel that we were portrayed very honestly. I mean, that is who we are: fun loving, enjoy life, positive, energetic girls. I think the editing was very fair and you really saw the true Brook and Claire.

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/109483/brook_claire_amazing_race_17_interview.php
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2010, 09:42:35 AM »
The difference for us was when we went off the pier. We had a safety issue and they had to redo ours, so we were behind. After the float, we did everything so quickly. We went right to the hotel, had the clues, and it took us like five minutes. We jumped in the car, ran to the show, did all of that stuff and then ran again. We were only fifteen minutes behind them. So it really was a very close race in all reality because Jill and Thomas were like two hours behind us.
 :cmas18

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2011, 10:02:54 PM »
Maybe old info, but Claire's watermelon incident is well documented in Know Your Meme

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/watermelon-headshot

I amply recommend watching the remixes of her video.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »
CLAIRE CHAMPLIN: Oh, you know, it’s great. I always dreamed when I was a little girl to be whacked in the face with a watermelon and have over ten million views. [laughs] It’s fine. I just take it with a grain of salt and laugh about it myself and just thank the lord I didn’t get more injured than I was.

:lol3: Seriously, too funny! Too bad they can't be on TAR18.. i'll be definitely rooting for them had Claire not been pregnant.. But pregnancy is amazing and better news than being on TAR! :)

FOR THE FAST FORWARD:
To decrypt following message use http://www.infoencrypt.com
<Encrypted>
qOquySTw9UqbYF5XH0Dc0M7rzmxuN6W2n1lFO4RjhgOB1fA8S+gvBA==
</Encrypted>
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:07:56 PM by Jobby »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2011, 08:20:25 AM »
Hey! Our favourite WatermelonToTheHead gal - Claire Champlin has just created a website and blog where she promises to comment on this seasons antics.
Nicely laid out and designed site at http://www.thewatermelongirl.com

Can't wait to see what she has to say!
Show your support for a former racer and take a look.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2011, 08:29:17 AM »
Hey! Our favourite WatermelonToTheHead gal - Claire Champlin has just created a website and blog where she promises to comment on this seasons antics.
Nicely laid out and designed site at http://www.thewatermelongirl.com

Can't wait to see what she has to say!
Show your support for a former racer and take a look.

Looks good, pneumonia! Thanks for sharing!

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2011, 10:24:59 PM »
Claire has just given birth!!!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Congratulations Clairebear!!  :<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2011, 09:32:11 AM »

Congratulations!!

And welcome to the world, baby CASH!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2011, 09:33:15 AM »
Congrats, Claire! :party:

Offline Mister Smoki

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2011, 07:24:18 PM »
Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Claire! :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »
And :welcome: to RFF MisterSmoki!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2011, 02:42:25 AM »
CASH WOOLSEY

WEDNESDAY MARCH 30, 2011

11:57 PM

7 POUNDS 4 OUNCES

20 INCHES LONG

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2011, 03:04:54 AM »
Claire posted three pics of Cash shortly after his birth and I sent her a msg asking for permission to share on here and if she gives me the okay, I will post it here, he is a cutie, by the way!

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2011, 07:11:53 PM »
Congratulations Claire!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:  :hearts: :party: :partie:
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2011, 02:23:39 AM »
I want to share the sweet reply Claire sent me after I messaged her asking for permission to post pictures of her newborn son, Cash....

Claire Champlin

Of coarse!! I was going to make a birth announcement with a watermelon in a diaper!! Maybe I still will! You can use pics of cash, spread the great news!! The amazing race baby has arrived!!

PICS OF CASH COMING UP NEXT!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:39:28 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2011, 03:48:35 AM »
Say Hi to Cash Woolsey!

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2011, 03:50:59 AM »
The amazing race baby is so cute!  :lol:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters