The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

world edition?

(1/2) > >>

The Queen V:
with so many tar series coming up, is it possible for the prodcution to host a world all star edition, with teams all across the franchise to compete?

Kacper:

--- Quote from: immabe on August 14, 2010, 10:44:54 PM ---with so many tar series coming up, is it possible for the prodcution to host a world all star edition, with teams all across the franchise to compete?

--- End quote ---

hhhmmm.....interesting idea !?   :duno:

Cocoa:
I hope it will, just like all what the Idol Franchises in the world have done before. :tup:

GreenNegg:
It'll be coooooool.  :jumpy:

theschnauzers:
The primary bar to such a version is the problem of passports and visas, especially where citizens of different countries are handled differently by countries that might be visited; not to mention having to avoid going to any country represented by a particular team in the process (unless you go to all of them).

It's also a question of whether US viewers can be enticed to try an edition of the Race not involving American teams.

For reasons I've never heard explained, Disney and Sony and CBS don't seem interested in trying to market any of those foreign editions in the U.S. (I'm genuinely surprised that the Latin American edition hasn't been sold to the Spanish-speaking networks or cable channels in the U.S.) Since most of the production money would likely come from CBS, a world edition has to be genuinely marketable in the U.S.

As far as I can remember, only two shows have attempted an internati9onal edition (neither of which didn't do well in the U.S.) -- the Idol franchise. and I think Who Wants to be a Millionaire tried something. Due to the differences in local formats neither Survivor, Big Brother, nor The Mole have tried it, and I can't think of any other possibilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version