Author Topic: world edition?  (Read 4696 times)

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
world edition?
« on: August 14, 2010, 10:44:54 PM »
with so many tar series coming up, is it possible for the prodcution to host a world all star edition, with teams all across the franchise to compete?

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: world edition?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:51:49 PM »
with so many tar series coming up, is it possible for the prodcution to host a world all star edition, with teams all across the franchise to compete?

hhhmmm.....interesting idea !?   :duno:
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 12:37:27 AM »
I hope it will, just like all what the Idol Franchises in the world have done before. :tup:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 02:08:08 AM »
It'll be coooooool.  :jumpy:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 12:26:37 PM »
The primary bar to such a version is the problem of passports and visas, especially where citizens of different countries are handled differently by countries that might be visited; not to mention having to avoid going to any country represented by a particular team in the process (unless you go to all of them).

It's also a question of whether US viewers can be enticed to try an edition of the Race not involving American teams.

For reasons I've never heard explained, Disney and Sony and CBS don't seem interested in trying to market any of those foreign editions in the U.S. (I'm genuinely surprised that the Latin American edition hasn't been sold to the Spanish-speaking networks or cable channels in the U.S.) Since most of the production money would likely come from CBS, a world edition has to be genuinely marketable in the U.S.

As far as I can remember, only two shows have attempted an internati9onal edition (neither of which didn't do well in the U.S.) -- the Idol franchise. and I think Who Wants to be a Millionaire tried something. Due to the differences in local formats neither Survivor, Big Brother, nor The Mole have tried it, and I can't think of any other possibilities.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 02:08:19 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 12:28:29 PM »
I think the complex ownership rights and distribution rights would prevent this.

Heck, they haven't even been able to sort it out enough to get all the DVD's out there.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 10:24:15 AM »
I think the complex ownership rights and distribution rights would prevent this.

Heck, they haven't even been able to sort it out enough to get all the DVD's out there.

:lol:

Don't think there will be a World Edition.. sigh. It's quite an impossible idea.

But a Survivor: World edition sounds like a good idea though. :lol:

Offline kadilahopper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 12:59:49 PM »
I sincerely hope not. :groan:

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 06:24:10 PM »
If the decide to do this...they gonna have plenty of visa/passport issues..!! so, they better don't.!  :neener:
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""