Author Topic: Dancing With the Stars 11  (Read 36792 times)

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Dancing With the Stars 11
« on: August 14, 2010, 12:51:11 AM »
Dancing With the Stars 11 will premiere on September 20th on ABC.

The cast is set to be announced during an episode of Bachelor Pad on August 30.

Wikipedia source
Kurt Warner is expected to be one of the cast members, according to the Washington Post. Rumored contestants include Betty White, Ryan Seacrest, Betty Buckley, David Hasslehoff, Hilary Duff, Raquel Welch, Michael "The Situation" Sorrentino, and Teresa Giudice. All have reportedly expressed interest in doing the show.
Wikipedia source

Idk if we can trust wikipedia at this point..... :duno:
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Dancing With the Stars 11
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 06:39:23 PM »
I'd like to see someone in a major four sport represented besides football. I know it's this whole ABC/ESPN thing that has ex-football players, but in all fairness, maybe they could take a break from retired football guys and move onto another sport.

Just my two cents.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline RobbieM

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:13:58 PM »
I'd like to see someone in a major four sport represented besides football. I know it's this whole ABC/ESPN thing that has ex-football players, but in all fairness, maybe they could take a break from retired football guys and move onto another sport.

Just my two cents.

Chad Ochocinco wasn't retired when he danced last season.  But I understand what you’re saying they need a little more variety.  I think they can't get baseball players because their season is so long.  Hockey players think it will hurt there image and they have had one or two basketball players.  I think it would be absolutely hilarious if they got someone who is totally uncoordinated, funny and who is not very athletic.  With that said I would love to see Conan O'Brien on dancing.  I think so many people would watch just to see if can even make it through one song with out falling 

:lol3:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 12:10:11 AM »

Just my two cents.

Chad Ochocinco wasn't retired when he danced last season.  But I understand what you’re saying they need a little more variety.  I think they can't get baseball players because their season is so long.  Hockey players think it will hurt there image and they have had one or two basketball players.  I think it would be absolutely hilarious if they got someone who is totally uncoordinated, funny and who is not very athletic.  With that said I would love to see Conan O'Brien on dancing.  I think so many people would watch just to see if can even make it through one song with out falling 

:lol3:

I was thinking that the athlete in one of the four major sports is retired. Maybe get a retired MLB or NHL player. That way, you wouldn't have to juggle around with someone's commitments.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 12:48:30 PM »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »
The identities of the stars dancing on the upcoming season will be revealed tomorrow night during the airing of Bachelor Pad. I will be watching and writing down all the names and will post here.

This is purely speculation but from twitter activity, I think I may have one pair possibly pinpointed:

HALLE BERRY AND TONY DOVOLANI

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 06:45:43 PM »
The identities of the stars dancing on the upcoming season will be revealed tomorrow night during the airing of Bachelor Pad. I will be watching and writing down all the names and will post here.

This is purely speculation but from twitter activity, I think I may have one pair possibly pinpointed:

HALLE BERRY AND TONY DOVOLANI

Halle Berry hhmm..sounds cool :snicker:

Yeps...cast announce tonight  :jumpy: haha  :yess:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 06:59:13 PM »
Okay, so in the tally of people I know and don't know, that's two for "know". Makes it better. I don't sit here watching a bunch of unknowns. Although I'm probably going to get at least one person who I'm going to be sitting here going... What the hell was this person involved in? Let's hope that I don't have that happen.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 09:03:46 PM »
The cast has been announced.

The six ladies are:

BRANDY
JENNIFER GREY
MARGARET CHO
AUDRINA PARTRIDGE
FLORENCE HENDERSON
BRISTOL PALIN

The six men are:

MICHAEL BOLTON
MIKE "THE SITUATION" SORRENTINO
DAVID HASSELHOFF
KURT WARNER
KYLE MASSEY
RICK FOX

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 09:08:11 PM »
The cast has been announced.

The six ladies are:

BRANDY
JENNIFER GREY
MARGARET CHO
AUDRINA PARTRIDGE
FLORENCE HENDERSON
BRISTOL PALIN

The six men are:

MICHAEL BOLTON
MIKE "THE SITUATION" SORRENTINO
DAVID HASSELHOFF
KURT WARNER
KYLE MASSEY
RICK FOX

Yeah...I know like 4 people from that list  :groan: Is it me or everybody think every year "stars" are decreasing ?  :duno:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 09:45:18 PM »
Okay. I know eight and don't know the rest.

I think the only reason they stick ex-NFL and NBA guys on this show is because ESPN is owned by ABC. They air NFL and NBA games. Therefore, they get their sports out there.

I'm really hoping someone I know wins this.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 10:36:54 PM »
Someone posted on twitter that Michael Bolton is paired with Chelsie Hightower.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 11:40:53 PM »
I knew / know 9 people on this list bar The Situation, Kurt Warner and Rick Fox. And they round out the cast nicely. Everyone is so consistently negative. People on the ABC site and Facebook moaning about the calibre...I mean are you kidding me! Who else do you friggin want! The Queen?

DAVID HASSLEHOFF
MICHAEL BOLTON
BRANDY
FLORENCE HENDERSON
JENNIFER GREY
AUDRINA PATRIDGE (cuz she's hot)

are great additions (very well known!)

THE SITUATION
KURT WARNER
RICK FOX
KYLE MASSEY
MARGARET CHO

add comedy, sports, reality tv and a disney actor to the bunch (all great)

BRISTOL PALIN is the only one I could possibly not want there but even she will be funny to watch.

Everyone needs to shut up before saying the calibre isnt high when Brandy, Michael Bolton, David Hasslehoff, Florence Henderson and Jennifer Grey are involved!!

Grrr!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 09:32:50 AM »
Another pairing confirmed:

Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 10:04:05 AM »
ABC press release:

An all-new lineup of stars -- including a Grammy® Award-winning singer, a Super Bowl MVP quarterback, television’s ultimate mom, an NBA champion, Alaska’s most famous daughter, and the most watched TV star in the world – will battle each week on the dance floor in the sensational two-hour season premiere of “Dancing with the Stars,” MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

All 12 couples will dance for the first time on live national television on MONDAY,
SEPTEMBER 20 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), with couples either performing the Viennese Waltz or Cha Cha. The couple with the lowest combined judges’ scores and public votes for their performance will be sent home on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) in the season premiere of “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show.” Music legend Santana and rock band Daughtry are slated to perform.

The 12 celebrities heading to the dance floor this season, as announced tonight by “Dancing with the Stars” hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke in a live press conference during “Bachelor Pad,” are:

MICHAEL BOLTON – Michael Bolton has sold more than 53 million records, released 18 studio albums, won multiple Grammys® for Best Male Vocalist and countless other honors, all while selling out arenas worldwide. In 2002 the singer-songwriter earned a star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame. He has sung with Luciano Pavarotti and Ray Charles, written songs with Bob Dylan, Ne-Yo and Lady Gaga, penned hits for a diverse range of artists, including Barbra Streisand and KISS, played guitar with B.B. King and had his music recorded on a track by hip-hop superstar Kanye West (featuring megastar Jay-Z). Earlier this year Bolton released his latest album, “One World One Love,” featuring his current single, “Murder My Heart,” which he co-wrote with Lady Gaga, and is currently on a worldwide concert tour. Of all that he has accomplished, perhaps nothing is more important to Bolton than the foundation he founded in1993, The Michael Bolton Charities, Inc. Based in his home state of Connecticut, the major focus of The MBC is the critical issue of violence against women. Since its inception, The MBC has dispersed over $6 million in grants to various organizations that support children and women at risk of poverty, abuse, neglect, homelessness and domestic violence.

BRANDY – Brandy is a platinum-selling R&B and pop singer, actress, songwriter and record/television producer. In 1994, at the age of 15, Brandy released her eponymous debut album, selling over 6 million copies. Following a major success with “The Boy Is Mine,” a duet with singer Monica, which spent 13 weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart, she won a Grammy® Award for Best R&B performance by a duo or group. The accompanying album “Never Say Never” in 1998 sold over 16 million copies worldwide. A series of hit CD’s followed, including “Full Moon,” “Afrodisiac” and “Human,” bringing the star’s sales to over 30 million records to date. While maintaining a recording career, Brandy also gained fame as an actress, starring in several film and TV projects, including the popular UPN sitcom, “Moesha” (1996-2001), the 1997 version of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “Cinderella, Double Platinum,” a miniseries co-starring Diana Ross, and the movie “I Still Know What You Did Last Summer.” Brandy has also been spokesmodel for Cover Girl, Candies Shoes, DKNY, Sketchers Shoes and Ultima/Kaneka brand by Brandy. Her civic and charity interests include the Make-A-Wish Foundation and The Norwood Kids Foundation, which supports music and the performing arts in public schools. She is currently filming Season 2 of the hit VH1 reality show “Brandy and Ray J: a Family Business,” in which she stars and on which she’s executive producer. She is also in studio recording a new CD for release in 2011.

MARGARET CHO – One of the most successful stand-up comediennes of today, Margaret Cho’s performances have been seen by millions around the world. Having first performed stand-up in her native San Francisco at the age of 16, Cho’s best-selling tours include the off-Broadway hit/concert film “I’m the One That I Want,” “Notorious C.H.O.,” “Revolution” and “Beautiful.” She is also a regular cast member of the hit Lifetime series “Drop Dead Diva.” Other acting work includes her starring role in the sitcom, “All-American Girl,” “Face/Off” and several guest star appearances, including “Sex and the City” and “Ghost Whisperer.” Cho is also a best-selling author whose work includes the book I’m the One That I Want and a collection of essays entitled I Have Chosen to Stay and Fight. A passionate advocate for equal rights, she has received honors from GLAAD, the National Gay and Lesbian task Force, National Organization for Women, Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund, the Victory Fund and many others. Cho is currently touring with “Cho Dependent,” which features both stand-up and songs from her new music comedy album of the same name.

RICK FOX – Three-time NBA Champion with the Los Angeles Lakers, actor and producer Rick Fox has appeared in a number of film and television projects, sharing the screen with actors ranging from Whoopi Goldberg to Henry Winkler, Angela Bassett and Shia LeBeouf. Fox’s acting debut came in 1994 in William Friedkin’s “Blue Chips.” Similar roles followed in 1996’s “Eddie” and 1998’s critically acclaimed “He Got Game” (directed by Spike Lee), before Fox’s breakout role on the hit HBO series “Oz.” Since then he has appeared in over a dozen network shows, including “Ugly Betty,” “One Tree Hill,” “The Game” and “Dirt.” In addition he has appeared in such diverse films as “Resurrection,” “Holes,” “Mini’s First Time” and Tyler Perry’s “Meet The Browns.” While Fox continues to strengthen his craft, he’s just as busy behind the camera developing his own film and television projects for his production company, 1744 Entertainment. As a star basketball athlete, he attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and was coached by the legendary Dean Smith. He began his pro basketball career when he was drafted into the NBA by the Boston Celtics as a first round pick. He went on to be the captain of both the Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Lakers while being coached by 11-time champion Phil Jackson. Fox is a father of two and currently resides in Los Angeles.

JENNIFER GREY – A beloved actress of both film and television, Jennifer Grey is best known for her starring roles in the iconic movies “Dirty Dancing” and “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.” Grey starred as Frances “Baby” Houseman in the award-winning box office hit, “Dirty Dancing,” which is widely considered one of the best dance movies of all time. Some of her other films include the Ben Affleck movie “Bounce,” “Red Dawn” and “The Cotton Club.” She starred in the television sitcom “It’s Like, You Know…” and has made memorable television appearances on such shows as “Friends,” “John from Cincinnati,” “The New Adventures of Old Christine” and an upcoming episode of the medical drama, “House”. Grey has also starred in various television movies, including “A Case for Murder,” CBS’s “The West Side Waltz” and the Lifetime original movie “Road to Christmas.” The daughter of Tony® and Academy Award® winner Joel Grey, she resides in Los Angeles with her family, actor/director Clark Gregg and daughter.

DAVID HASSELHOFF – Listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as “The Most Watched TV Star in the World,” David Hasselhoff is an international superstar across all genres of music, television and film. Hasselhoff got his start in entertainment on the popular soap opera, “The Young and the Restless,” and was quickly pursued to play the lead role of the 1980’s cult favorite, “Knight Rider.” But hi fame was really catapulted when he starred in the television phenomenon “Baywatch.” The series ran for 11 years and is still viewed in 140 countries by over one billion viewers every week. Throughout his extraordinary television career, Hasselhoff has also appeared in such feature films as “Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story” and Adam Sandler’s “Click.” Off screen he has recorded multiple albums -- one that has gone triple platinum -- starred in the Broadway musical “Jekyll & Hyde,” in London’s West End production of “Chicago” and in “The Producers” in Las Vegas. Most recently he was honored by Comedy Central with “The Comedy Central Roast of David Hasselhoff,” which premiered as one of the top-rated comedy roasts on the network. Not only is Hasselhoff a multi-faceted talent but he is also a writer of an autobiography, Don’t Hassel The Hoff, which made the UK Bestseller list re-titled as Making Waves and debuted at No. 8 in Austria on the non-fiction charts. Beyond his entertainment contributions, Hasselhoff is the co-founder of Race for Life and an active participant in Wounded Warriors and Wheels for Humanity.

FLORENCE HENDERSON – Florence Henderson is a multi-talented actress, talk show host, recording artist, author, Broadway veteran and philanthropist. Her career is as active today as when she first appeared as the “Today Girl” on “NBC’s Today Show,” and as the first woman to host “The Tonight Show.” Henderson has appeared on such popular primetime programs and made for television specials as the critically acclaimed movie of the week for Hallmark entitled “Ladies of the House” and the popular RLTV Network’s “Florence Henderson Show.” She will always be best known in syndication worldwide as “America’s Favorite Mom” and matriarch Carol Brady on the classic hit TV series “The Brady Bunch,” which aired for five seasons (1969-1974), has never been off the air in this country, and currently airs in 122 countries around the world. Acknowledged as one of the top leading spokespersons in the U.S., Henderson has been a celebrity spokeswoman for Oldsmobile, Tang, Polident, Rain Soft, Pepsi Light and Wesson Oil. She maintains a busy schedule as one of the country’s most popular and sought after motivational speakers, as well as performing her one-woman show, “All the Lives of Me… A Musical Journey.” Her first role on stage was in Joshua Logan’s musical, “Wish You Were Here,” and shortly thereafter she was cast in Rodgers & Hammerstein’s last national tour of “Oklahoma!.” Her long list of stage credits includes the starring role in “The Great Waltz” for the Los Angeles Civic Light Opera, the starring role of “Fanny,” the lead role of Maria in “The Sound of Music,” the lead in “The Girl Who Came to Supper” the role of Nellie Forbush in Noel Coward’s “South Pacific” and the starring role of Anna, opposite Ricardo Montalban, in “The King and I.” Her first feature film credit was in “The Song of Norway.” As a producer and a talk-show host, her credits also include The Nashville Network’s cooking and comedy series, “Country Kitchen.” The experiences inspired her to write a cookbook, A Little Cooking, a Little Talking and a Whole Lot of Fun.

KYLE MASSEY – Kyle Orlando Massey stars as Cory Baxter in Disney Channel’s No. 1 hit sitcom, “Cory in the House,” Disney Channel’s first-ever spin-off. He originated the role of Cory in Disney’s “That’s So Raven,” the first show in Disney’s history to produce over 100 episodes. For his work on “That’s So Raven” and “Cory in the House,” Massey received an NAACP Image Award nomination. In addition to appearing in numerous commercials, he starred in the Disney Channel Original Movie “Life is Ruff.” He has a recurring role on the animated series “American Dragon: Jake Long” and sings the main title theme songs on “Cory In The House,” “Yin! Yang! Yo!” and performed the title track for Walt Disney Picture’s “Underdog.” Currently Massey is starring as the voice of Milo on the Disney Channel’s upcoming animated , “Fish Hooks.” For his prowess in golf, he won first place in the National Minority Junior Golf Tournament in 2003. He has participated in several celebrity golf tournaments, placing 3rd in a recent White House Golf Tournament. Together with brother Christopher, he has worked on projects to benefit the charity organization Feed the Children and traveled to Africa for the network primetime television special, “Eyes on Kenya.” They have also performed their rap music in “Heroes Among Us: The 2009 Hero Awards” and in MyNetworkTV’s “The Spirit of Christmas.” Currently they are co-hosting and starring in the comedy series “World’s Funniest Moments.”

BRISTOL PALIN – Bristol Palin, former first daughter of Alaska, first entered the national spotlight when her mother, former Governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin, was selected to be John McCain’s running mate in the 2008 Presidential election. Bristol traveled the country, alongside her mother, father and siblings on the campaign trail. After giving birth to her son, Tripp, and becoming a single teen mother in 2008, she became a spokesperson for the prevention of teen pregnancy and for other teen issues. As an advocate for the protection of life, Palin wanted to share her story with other teens who may one day face a similar situation. She also acts as Teen Ambassador for The Candie’s Foundation to prevent teen and unplanned pregnancies. As part of her campaign, Palin recently guest starred as herself on an episode of ABC Family’s teenage drama, “The Secret Life of the American Teenager.” She resides in Alaska with her son and family.

AUDRINA PATRIDGE – After starring in six seasons of the hit series “The Hills,” Audrina Patridge has joined the ranks of young Hollywood as one of the most sought-after and talked about talents on television. Patridge, who aspired to become an actress from a very early age, has been honing her skills with regarded coaches and private acting classes. She made her debut on the big screen last fall in the thriller “Sorority Row.” Other film credits include the action-adventure film “Into the Blue 2” and “Honey 2.” She has also tested her hand at comedy, appearing on an episode of the sitcom “Do Not Disturb” and in a hilarious skit for “MAD TV.” Last summer Patridge made headlines steaming up TV screens in a commercial for Carl’s Jr. This July she became the latest Bongo girl, shooting the fall advertising campaign with famed photographer Tony Duran.

MIKE “THE SITUATION” SORRENTINO – Mike Sorrentino has become one of Hollywood’s emerging talents. Born in Staten Island, New York and raised in Manalapan, New Jersey, Sorrentino is most known for starring on the hit show “The Jersey Shore,” now in its second season on MTV. He graduated from Manalapan High School and went on to college in NJ. After graduation in 2004, he tried his hand at personal training, fitness modeling and soon after was scouted for an upcoming reality show which would eventually become “The Jersey Shore.” The show caught fire, becoming one of the highest rated shows in MTV history, and propelled “The Situation” into pop culture phenomenon. As “The Jersey Shore” continues in its unrivaled success, Sorrentino also continues to gain in popularity nationally and internationally. He was nominated this year at the Teen Choice Awards for Choice TV: Male Reality Star. Upcoming projects include a book, Here’s the Situation, which will be out in stores on November 2, a vitamin line with nationwide store GNC that will launch in the fall and a fitness DVD which will be out in December.

KURT WARNER – Kurt Warner is the first quarterback ever to participate in “Dancing with the Stars.” In 1999 he emerged from obscurity to lead the St. Louis Rams to a victory in Super Bowl XXXIV. In that same year, Warner was named the NFL and Super Bowl Most Valuable Player. As the ringleader of the “Greatest Show on Turf,” he led the Rams to two additional playoff appearances – including another Super Bowl -- and received Pro Bowl honors for three consecutive years (1999-2001). He also earned his second NFL MVP in 2001. Injuries led Warner to move from the Rams to the Giants, and finally the Arizona Cardinals in 2005. In 2007 he led the Cardinals to their first ever Super Bowl berth, was voted to his fourth Pro Bowl and surpassed several Cardinals franchise records, including touchdowns, attempts, completions, completion percentage and passer rating. Warner’s gridiron accomplishments pale in comparison to the dedication he shows to the community. In 2001 he and his wife, Brenda, established the First Things First Foundation, a non-profit public charity dedicated to impacting lives by promoting Christian values, sharing experiences and providing opportunities to encourage everyone to believe that all things are possible when people seek to put first things first. Warner was born and raised in Iowa and played college football at the University of Northern Iowa. He lives in Arizona with his wife and seven children.

“Dancing with the Stars” returns with new surprises and all the elements viewers have come to know and love. “Macy’s Stars of Dance,” which features some of the most renowned dancers and choreographers of our time, will be back with performances on “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show.” One of the “Macy’s Stars of Dance” performances will be the hugely popular “Design-a-Dance,” where fans have the chance to select their favorite professional dancers, dance styles and music at www.abc.com.

Below are key dates for Season 11 (dates and times subject to change):

“Dancing with the Stars,” two-hour season premiere performance show, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET).

“Dancing with the Stars the Results Show,” two-hour season premiere, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET).

“Dancing with the Stars the Results Show,” regular time premiere, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET).

“Dancing with the Stars” 200th Episode Celebration, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1 and TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 2 (Time is TBD)

“Dancing with the Stars,” final performance show, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 22 (Time is TBD)

“Dancing with the Stars” season finale, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 23 (Time is TBD)

Hosted by Tom Bergeron (“America’s Funniest Home Videos”) and Brooke Burke (“Dancing with the Stars” Season Seven Champion), the celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which will be judged by renowned Ballroom judge Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=083010_19

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »
Official and complete list of the pairs for the coming season:

BRISTOL PALIN AND MARK BALLAS

MICHAEL BOLTON AND CHELSIE HIGHTOWER

JENNIFER GREY AND DEREK HOUGH

AUDRINA PATRIDGE AND TONY DOVOLANI

FLORENCE HENDERSON AND CORKY BALLAS

BRANDY AND MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY

MARGARET CHO AND LOUIS VAN AMSTEL

MIKE "THE SITUATION" SORRENTINO AND KARINA SMIRNOFF

DAVID HASSELHOFF AND KYM JOHNSON

KURT WARNER AND ANNA TREBUNSKAYA

KYLE MASSEY AND LACEY SCHWIMMER

RICK FOX AND CHERYL BURKE
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:06:05 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 01:15:05 PM »
See my previous post on the complete list of the pairings.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 01:29:25 PM »
ABC press release:

ABC ANNOUNCES THE CELEBRITY AND PROFESSIONAL PAIRINGS
FOR SEASON 11 OF "DANCING WITH THE STARS,"
PREMIERING SEPTEMBER 20 ON ABC
Music Legend Santana and Rock Group Daughtry Perform on the
Premiere of "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show"

The Season 11 star-studded cast and their professional partners get ready to break in their dancing shoes on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" for the long awaited two-hour season premiere, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

In alphabetical order, and with their professional partners, the 12 stars making their dancing debut are:

* MICHAEL BOLTON, Grammy ® Award-winning singer, teams up with CHELSIE HIGHTOWER, who returns for her fourth season.

* BRANDY, actress and singer, joins MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY, who is back for his ninth season.

* MARGARET CHO, comedienne and actress, partners with LOUIS VAN AMSTEL, who returns for his seventh season.

* RICK FOX, former NBA champion, teams up with two-time champ CHERYL BURKE, who is back for her tenth season.

* JENNIFER GREY, beloved film and television actress, joins two-time mirror ball champion DEREK HOUGH for his seventh season.

* DAVID HASSELHOFF, international superstar, teams up with Season 9 champion KYM JOHNSON, who returns to "Dancing with the Stars" for her eighth season.

* FLORENCE HENDERSON, America's favorite mom, joins CORKY BALLAS for his second season on the show.

* KYLE MASSEY, television teen star, partners up with LACEY SCHWIMMER, who is back for her third season.

* BRISTOL PALIN, teen advocate and Alaska's first daughter, teams up with two-time champ MARK BALLAS, who returns for his seventh season.

* AUDRINA PATRIDGE, MTV reality star, joins TONY DOVOLANI, who is back for his tenth season.

* MICHAEL "THE SITUATION" SORRENTINO, Jersey Shore ab-man, teams up with KARINA SMIRNOFF, who returns for her eighth season of "Dancing with the Stars."

* KURT WARNER, former pro-NFL quarterback, joins ANNA TREBUNSKAYA, who returns for her sixth season.

All 12 teams will showcase their fancy footwork for the first time on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET). The first elimination will take place in week one with a two-hour show, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the season premiere of "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show." Music legend Santana and rock band Daughtry are set to perform.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=090110_01

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »
Some star pics

audrina-brandy-bristol

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 05:53:25 PM by KacperTolwinski »

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 06:23:50 PM »
david-florence-jennifer-kurt

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 05:54:49 PM by KacperTolwinski »

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 06:36:41 PM »

kyle-margaret-michael-mike-rick

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:10:51 PM by KacperTolwinski »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 09:31:01 PM »
The ladies and their partners

Audrina Patridge and Tony Dovolani

Brandy and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas

Florence Henderson and Corky Ballas

Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough

Margaret Cho and Louis Van Amstel

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 09:42:32 PM »
The men and their partners

David Hasselhoff and Kym Johnson

Kurt Warner and Anna Trebunskaya

Kyle Massey and Lacey Schwimmer

Michael Bolton and Chelsie Hightower

Rick Fox and Cheryl Burke

The picture for Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and Karina Smirnoff is not available at this time and will post once it is.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 07:06:51 PM »
"First Look rehearsal photos"

rehearsal jennifer gray

rehearsal rick fox

rehearsal kyle

rehearsal margaret cho

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:16:28 PM by KacperTolwinski »

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 07:09:22 PM »
rehearsal florence

rehearsal audrina

rehearsal brandy

rehearsal bristol

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:13:41 PM by KacperTolwinski »

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 07:09:39 PM »
rehearsal m bolton
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:14:07 PM by KacperTolwinski »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 11:55:15 PM »
I'm excited about Bristol Palin on the show!  And glad Mark Ballas is her partner & hope she does really great.  Will be rooting for her AND also Florence Henderson.  :tup:

Offline tinlizzy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 07:32:19 AM »
It's looking like a really fun season--Can't wait to watch the premiere tonight! :jumpy:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 02:44:08 PM »
Very excited!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 07:16:25 PM »
ARE YOU ALL READY!!!????  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Dancing With the Stars 11 began 16 minutes ago!!!!!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »
I absolutley :hrt: Jennifer Grey!! i think she's gonna be fantastic all season long.. and  she has the spiritual powers from Patrick Swayze. and talent from her father joel grey**

Edit .. i made a boo boo! :lol: sorry peach! :lol:

I see her lasting a long time.. :jumpy:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:09:52 PM by ugot2bekidinmeny »
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2010, 09:17:22 PM »
Joel Grey died??  :ascared

:'( :'( :'(

But she should be a star in this ...

You know who else surprised me? I like Bristol a lot!! No performance experience at all, and she did great!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2010, 09:33:21 PM »
I missed it! Why didn't I read this thread first? ???
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2010, 10:02:08 PM »
Joel died i think in the 80's . I think i would have to check.. I loved him in caberet! I do think he  got to see jennifer do Dirty Dancing.

EDIT** I just checked and wiki says he's alive! I have to now go ask my mom why she told me that a long time ago! it was tramatic for me!  i love him! maybe that's why i need therapy!!  :lol3: :lol3:

I see hoff getting the boot.. it was very painful to watch! :lol3: i wont say what he may have thought he was doing instead of dancing! :-X

Palin did better than i thought she would too!

The Situation cuased a castrophe trying to do some Sat. Nite fever moves!

Nice to see chelsea  and lacey back there! i love it when SYTYCD contestants move on to great things!

I say Fox and Grey at the finals. :lol:

Joel Grey died??  :ascared

:'( :'( :'(

But she should be a star in this ...

You know who else surprised me? I like Bristol a lot!! No performance experience at all, and she did great!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:06:44 PM by ugot2bekidinmeny »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2010, 03:39:33 AM »
Florence Henderson was adorable. I think The Situation's going home or maybe Margaret Cho (noooo!) she just did silly, silly things!

LOVED:
Jennifer
Brandy
Rick
Kyle
Florence
Audrina

LIKED:
Kurt
Bristol

DISLIKED:
Michael
Margaret
David (funny to watch though)

HATED:
The Situation

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 08:49:39 AM »
WEEK ONE DANCING SCOREBOARD:

Audrina/Tony
Cha Cha Cha             6     7    6     19

Kurt/Anna
Viennese Waltz          7     5     7    19

Kyle/Lacey
Cha Cha Cha             8     7     8     23

Rick/Cheryl
Viennese Waltz          8     7     7     22

Margaret/Louis
Viennese Watlz          5     5     5     15

Brandy/Maksim
Viennese Waltz          7     8     8     23

Bristol/Mark
Cha Cha Cha             6     6     6     18

Florence/Corky
Cha Cha Cha             6     6     6     18

Michael/Chelsie 
Viennese Waltz          6     5     5     16

Situation/Karina
Cha Cha Cha             5     5     5     15

Jennifer/Derek
Viennese Waltz          8     8     8     24

David/Kym
Cha Cha Cha             5     5     5     15

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 06:03:51 PM »
Margaret is funny but she can we eliminated idc...

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2010, 06:06:54 PM »
I LOVE FLORENCE!!! SHE IS SO FUNNY :)

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2010, 06:08:34 PM »
Margaret is funny but she should be eliminated....

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 06:09:01 PM »
Wrong thread

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 06:12:19 PM »
THE RESULT SHOW IS TONIGHT!!!!
I'm not gonna watch it cuz i'm gonna watch the biggest loser  so discuss and post what is going on (when the show starts) :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:15:23 PM by KacperTolwinski »

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 09:24:16 PM »
Hoff got :boot: im sad that his girls didnt get to see more of their dad compete.. however out of all of them he was the obvious one to go.

I cant wait to see next weeks show!. :jumpy:

I wasnt a usual fan of the show till last year with maks and erin.. and now with this cast.. jennifer grey has me wrapped around her finger!

Always loved her as a kid...(meaning her and me  :lol: )  im soo hapyy she is doing this!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 11:03:25 PM »
The Hoff was the obvious one to go. The Situation (much as I loathe him) did only have 5 days and Margaret can dance just did a really silly thing for a Viennese Waltz. David didn't have any of that, he just wasn't good at the Cha Cha. Cant wait for next week

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 11:58:19 PM »
I'm so happy Bristol and Florence both did real good and didn't end up in the bottom four! They both should do lots better after the Wk 1 jitters.
You go girls!  :jumpy:

I was quite surprised Florence is age 74!  Whoa, she looks great and has so much energy! 

Offline lengvet

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2010, 02:21:01 AM »
Anyone knows the spoilers of this season??

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2010, 01:07:25 PM »
Anyone knows the spoilers of this season??

There aren't spoilers for this show, as it's done live.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2010, 01:07:35 AM »
I'm so happy Bristol and Florence both did real good and didn't end up in the bottom four! They both should do lots better after the Wk 1 jitters.

I was quite surprised Florence is age 74!  Whoa, she looks great and has so much energy! 

Florence is not 74, she's actually 76! Obviously had lots of plastic surgery!
!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2010, 01:13:58 AM »
Week 2 Dances:

JIVE:

Rick/Cheryl
Jennifer/Derek
Michael/Chelsie
Brandy/Maksim
Margaret/Louis
Kurt/Anna

QUICKSTEP:

Audrina/Tony
the Situation/Karina
Bristol/Mark
Florence/Corky
Kyle/Lacey

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2010, 01:36:54 AM »
I'm so happy Bristol and Florence both did real good and didn't end up in the bottom four! They both should do lots better after the Wk 1 jitters.

Florence is not 74, she's actually 76! Obviously had lots of plastic surgery!
!

So what, she looks good surgery or not! and she's 76!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2010, 01:49:02 AM »
WEEK TWO DANCING SCOREBOARD:

Rick/Cheryl
Jive                   7     7     7     21

Florence/Corky
Quickstep           7     6     6     19

Brandy/Maksim

Michael/Chelsie
Jive                   4     5     3     12

Audrina/Tony   
Quickstep           8     8     7     23

Jennifer/Derek
Jive                   8     8     8     24

Margaret/Louis
Jive                   6     6     6     18

Kyle/Lacey
Quickstep           8     7     7      22     

Kurt/Anna

Situation/Karina
Quickstep           6     6     6     18

Bristol/Mark
Quickstep           7     8     7     22   

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2010, 11:16:08 AM »
This article, in today's Washington Post, titled "TV Column" by Lisa Morales is hilarious:

Dancing with Stars': quick steps, Sarah Palin -- and Great Booing Debate

[Did the "Dancing with the Stars" audience give former Alaska Governor/TLC reality-series star/Fox News Commentator Sarah Palin the raspberry Monday night?

Week 2 of "Dancing with the Stars" forces celebrities to choose between the jive and the quickstep while, backstage, co-host Brooke Burke, dressed in some clingy, gravity defying, inky blue gown, spends the night expressing her shock and awe over your decision to reject David Hasselhoff the very first week of this season.

Sarah Palin, who we'd expected for last week's season debut, is in the audience this week to watch her daughter, Bristol, perform.
palin
Former Alaska governor took a seat in front row of last night's "Dancing with the Stars" when the raspberries began. (AP)

In the wee hours of Tuesday morning, "Dancing" host Tom Bergeron told ABC late night star Jimmy Kimmel he's "mostly" convinced the audience had been booing the judges, not Sarah Palin, mirroring the "guess" of the show's exec producer on the phone to the TV Column late Monday night.

The Great Dancing Booing Debate started when former "Dirty Dancing" star Jennifer Grey opted to jive, to "Shake It." Which she did. And then some. While dressed in one of those non-modest numbers for which "Dancing" is so well known -- in Grey's case, a gold eyelet fringe micro-mini-skirted dress -- short on fabric, long on skin.

After performing and getting comments from the judges, Grey and Hough go backstage for the traditional blah-blah-blah with Brooke.

The judges scores are read off: Grey gets a hefty 24 points out of 30.

Grey and Hough hug.
"How does that feel?!" Brooke emotes.

"We're exhausted, but it was a lot of fun," Derek responds happily.
Cue the boos

Brooke turns to the audience and warns them that without their votes, Grey could be the next Hasselhoff. As Brook's doing her blah, blah, boos begin to be heard from out in the stage area.

"There's booing in the ballroom -- we don't know why," a perplexed Brooke reports as the booing grows louder.

"Why is there booing?" Grey wonders. We do, too.
"I don't know," Brooke responds helpfully, then tosses to show host Tom Bergeron. Cut to Bergeron who is now sitting next to Sarah Palin in the audience with a camera glued on them.

"All right, thank you, Brooke," Bergeron says, making no mention of the booing.

"I'm here with guest ballroom commentator Sarah Palin, who joins us from Alaska. Sarah, great to have you here."

Applause in the audience.

"I know usually you're very bashful about giving your opinion about things, but how do you think the show is going so far?" Bergeron asks.

"This is amazing -- it's so exciting, and it's great to see all this courage and joy and exuberance by every dancer. It's awesome," Palin responds.
He asks for her thoughts on the judges.

"Oh, the judges? ...Okay, now, it's like before a hockey game -- you're not going to chew out the refs before your team is up on the ice! You guys are great!" Palin says, giving the judges two thumbs ups.

In that same vein, Bergeron wonders who her favorite dancer is so far.

"Oh, my goodness, they're all amazing, they really are. This is great!" Palin enthuses. "Bristol's not up yet. Bristol the Pistol, yeah, that's who we're rooting for!"

"Guest commentator Sarah Palin with us," Bergeron says, tying things up with a bow.

Contacted for comment, an ABC spokeswoman insisted the audience had been booing to express their displeasure over the score that had been doled out by the judges to Jennifer Grey.

But Grey got the night's highest score. We mention this to an ABC rep. So they put show executive producer Conrad Green on the phone with us.

"I don't know why everybody booed," he says, then says he will "guess" that "they were booing because [Jennifer] wasn't getting 9's." If the booing had had anything to do with Sarah Palin being put on camera for an interview, he expects it would have continued once that interview started, "rather than doing it before, and then wimping out.

"That's my guess, I can't say for sure," Conrad says in conclusion.

Later Monday night - or, to be perfectly accurate, very early Tuesday morning - Bergon is a guest on "Jimmy Kimmel Live":

"Let's talk about what happened last night," Kimmel says.

"There's a misunderstanding - I think," Bergeron says.

They show the clip.

Kimmel asks Bergeron why the audience was booing.

It was because the audience "felt Jennifer got screwed. They should have gotten 9's."

Kimmel is skeptical. "Eights are good scores. She got the top score," he notes.

"Are you positive?" Kimmel asks Bergeron, in re his story that he's sticking to.

"Mostly," Bergeron replies.

"Maybe it was a combination," Kimmel says by way of reaching a compromise.

The "Dancing" audience is hammered half the time anyway, Bergeron cracks.
Back to the actual, you know, dancing

Rick Fox will jive to the tune "Tush." Mostly, Rick's got one move -- a sort of high-step marching band leader thing. Rick also spanks dance partner Cheryl Burke once and pulls up her skirt to reveal pink panties with the word "Tush" written on them. Rick also pulls off a very impressive thigh-over-head stunt with Burke. Let's face it, the height difference is a big part of this couple's appeal and I'm sure we all are eagerly anticipating the week in which they tango. The judges award him 21 points.

Florence Henderson, this season's token old dancer, opts for the quickstep. Her dance partner, Corky Ballas, has wisely choreographed her slow bits to be very slow indeed, so as to let her conserve energy before revving up to Happy Feet level for the fast bits. There's a kind of Westminster-dog-show air of walk-fast-now-walk-slow-now-walk-fast-again to the end of their number but Florence, an old pro, knows how to rise to meet the competition on the personality side.
"I kept these up!" she says, hiking up her breasts, after judge Carrie Ann Inaba's critiques her. Take that, you tush-slapping young folks. Florence is awarded 19 points.

Think Brangelina in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith", take away the chemistry and ... it's Brandy and dance partner Maks Chmerkovskiy in "Dancing with the Stars: Deathmatch Rehearsal." If these two had access to guns and knives, one of them would be competing as a soloist. But dysfunction seems to keep their energy level up. During their dance, Brandy does an extended solo -- we imagine this was a negotiation point with Maks and he lost -- and proves she needs a partner. Brandy walks off with 21 points.

OK, first of all, Michael Bolton, if you're going to show up wearing a face mask to rehearsal, at least make the effort to sound like you actually have laryngitis - and don't hug your partner to give her your cooties. Something in Bolton's demeanor reminds us of every maitre d' who ever made us feel bad because we didn't have a reservation. So we were glad to see him crawling out of the doghouse. In fact, we'd have liked to have seen him on a leash for the whole number. The one thing you can say for Bolton: He's got great control of his upper body. It doesn't move. Bolton clocks just 12 points after Bruno Tonioli doles out a measly 3.

The "Dancing" seamstress forgot to put the back on Audrina Patridge's gown this week; she's doing the quickstep to "Love Machine" with partner Tony Dovolani. Her dance is quick, and it has lots of steps, but somehow nothing much seems to have happened. We could have done without the calculated pausing to blow kisses at the judges too, though the judges seem smitten; they award her 23 points.

Last week "Dirty Dancing" star Jennifer Grey got choked up rehearsing her dance to a dune she had danced to with Patrick Swayze in the flick. Swayze died of cancer. As if that wasn't tear-jerky enough, this week she reveals she too was diagnosed with cancer and some neck problem requiring surgery, while getting checked out to be eligible to compete on "Dancing." So, she explains to her partner, Derek Hough, "Dancing with the Stars" saved her life. How's anyone ever going to top that? The rest you know.

Margaret Cho, aka Should've Been Booted Last Week, is going to jive this week to "Dreaming." Only after last week's disastrous performance, in which Cho went for laughs by getting tangled in her costume's gold batwings, this week her partner Louis Van Amstel has asserted himself and put the kibosh on all stabs at humor. Cho gets choked up and says she has just discovered she actually is a dancer. We think Cho's a little too optimistic, but she is certainly much better when she's not trying to be funny -- which is not necessarily good news when you make your living as a comic. Anyway, the judges give her 18 points, which may not sound like much but it's three more points than they gave her last week.

Didn't we see Kyle Massey and Lacey Schwimmer's quickstep routine performed live onstage at Disney World? They've got a creepy toy-soldier-dancing-with-Cinderella vibe going on. The judges note his lack of precision, but continue to love him anyway and award him 22 points.

NFL-er Kurt Warner actually looks like a guy having a good time as he jives to "Danger Zone" with Anna Trebunskaya this week, as opposed to last week when he looked like a guy expecting to be tackled from behind at any moment. There's supposed to be some kind of military storyline going here, apparently, judging by the saluting he does, but nothing you can put your finger on. Judges like it and give him 21 points.

The Situation should have just given up and let Karina Smirnoff lead this week. Unfortunately, he started counting a beat after her and never got off his program. And this is what he looks like with a lot of rehearsal -- last week was supposed to have been a heroic, under-rehearsed effort. Maybe all that effort clenching his abs cuts off the blood flow to the brain. The judges are skeptical and only give him 18 points.

For reasons never explained, Bristol gets to take her dance partner Mark Ballas to Alaska to meet mom during rehearsal time. Even though he could've met her in the room Monday night. Anyway, Sarah Palin greets them at the door in a taped bit. "I'm all star struck ... thank you for taking care of our girl," she tells Ballas. Sarah says she was "whoopin' and hollerin'" while watching Bristol's performance last week and wonders "How does she do that?" and then demonstrates a dance move best described as a Stationary Shimmy: arms outretched, almost imperceptible shoulder motion, and vocalizing "woo woo"; it's a move that says "no one will ever make an opposition commercial out of this moment."

Bristol and Mark perform the quickstep. She gets the Florence Henderson treatment, many slow steps mixed in the with quicksteps for an average speed at school-zone levels, plus a couple pauses for nose rubs. Anyway, she's adorable -- particularly the "is this really happening?" look on her face. Judges love her ,too, and she dances off with 22 points. 

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2010, 01:34:43 PM »
What a killer of a dance show! the jive and quick step?? what a way to not only put major pressure on the dancers but also  bring forth the performers flaws!

once again i thought Jennifer Grey was great.. but now that the judges know she can dance.. they  will expect more from her..

also I was sincerely impressed with palin! i was definitely rooting for her to just connect more. i see her going far!

the situation's complication of his pigeon toeness by carrie ann had me laughing  but it's soo true it shows more when he's dancing(not being mean nor making fun. i too have that issue just not soo pronounced)

rick fox did a good job and i was happy that we got to see margaret  dance .. she did excellent! for sure she grabbed some fans from her performance!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2010, 05:21:37 PM »
I love Jennifer Gray and didn't know she had been diagnosed with cancer and treated. I thought she looked exhausted after her routine ended.  I really enjoyed all the performances except for a few. I wasn't impressed with Brandy's solo dancing.

I love Bristol, she's got something intangible that is refreshing. I do hope that she can find some better costumes with some eye catching glitter and pizazz!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2010, 10:23:56 AM »
WEEK THREE DANCING ASSIGNMENTS: Story Week

FOXTROT:

Bristol/Mark
Kurt/Anna
Situation/Karina

SAMBA:

Brandy/Maksim
Jennifer/Derek
Margaret/Louis
Rick/Cheryl

WALTZ:

Audrina/Tony
Florence/Corky
Kyle/Lacey

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
OMG!! the situation doing the foxtrot!! :lol3:  i actually feel sorry for the guy! i hope he does  better now that he's had more time with his partner! :holdbreath:

Offline KevinTheAmazingRaceFAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2010, 11:19:17 PM »
cool  :jam: :jam: :jam:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2010, 02:42:01 AM »
WEEK THREE DANCING SCOREBOARD:

Jennifer/Derek
Samba                           8     8     8     24

Florence/Corky
Waltz                             7     6     7     20

Kurt/Anna
Foxtrot                           8     8     7     23

Margaret/Louis
Samba                            6     6     6     18

Audrina/Tony
Waltz                              8     9     9     26

Bristol/Mark
Foxtrot                            6     6     7     19         

Brandy/Maksim
Samba                             8     8     8     24       

Kyle/Lacey
Waltz                               8     7     8    23

Situation/Karina
Foxtrot                             7     6    7     20

Rick/Cheryl
Samba                              8     8    8     24 

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2010, 04:39:56 PM »
aww i feel bad for margaret.. she really wnated to make it a great "coming out" story. I think  she just had too much on her plate lst week with tours and all to have the stamina she needed for that dance.

ahh the situation.. well heel toe.. heel toe.. :lol3:  stiff hands  .. I feel bad for him.. but he's getting my  respect for still trying hard!

my pics  are  audrina and jennifer with rick trailing   :dance:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2010, 09:38:29 PM »
awww poor margaret! :dance: at least now she can shake her :monroe: on stage w/ her tours. 

I hope she still dances. she seemed like she enjoyed it .. at times. :lol3:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2010, 06:53:44 PM »
I wasn't surprised that Margaret and Louis were the lowest following their scores.

I really REALLY wish someone would design some better costumes for Bristol. They are so old and matronly especially for someone 19 years old. I would have loved the dress better if it had been black with a better fitting top.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2010, 03:22:48 PM »
I agree TL.. I think though they dont want her to look too sexy out ther because of her commitment/ advocacy of teen pregnancy.  so dressing her ina  slek sexy  dance out fit would suit  the dance, performance and viewers well it may bring negative publicity to  her underlying cause.

also im sure she has some input from mama palin to keep it conservative. :tup:

I wasn't surprised that Margaret and Louis were the lowest following their scores.

I really REALLY wish someone would design some better costumes for Bristol. They are so old and matronly especially for someone 19 years old. I would have loved the dress better if it had been black with a better fitting top.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2010, 04:11:29 PM »
I agree TL.. I think though they dont want her to look too sexy out ther because of her commitment/ advocacy of teen pregnancy.  so dressing her ina  slek sexy  dance out fit would suit  the dance, performance and viewers well it may bring negative publicity to  her underlying cause.
also im sure she has some input from mama palin to keep it conservative. :tup:

There is sexy and there is elegant and then there is just plain dowdy. That horrible costume was the opposite of sexy and a million miles from elegant.  :umn:  The only part of it that was nice was the bottom part. Surely someone can find something better for her. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2010, 09:43:05 AM »
WEEK FOUR DANCING SCOREBOARD:

Double Score Showdown

T.....Technique
P......Performance

Kurt/Anna             T     5     5     5     15
Rumba                  P     7     6     6     19     34

Brandy/Maksim       T     7     8     7      22
Rumba                  P     9     8     9      26     48

Rick/Cheryl            T     6     7     6     19
Argentine Tango     P     6     7     7     20     39

Kyle/Lacey            T     6     6     6     18
Rumba                  P     8     7     7     22     40

Situation/Karina      T     4     4     4     12
Argentine Tango     P     6     5     5     16     28

Florence/Corky       T     6     6     5     17
Rumba                   P     6     6     6     18     35

Jennifer/Derek        T      9     9     9     27
Argentine Tango     P      10    9    10    29     56

Bristol/Mark           T      6     6     6     18
Rumba                  P      4     5     5     14     32

Audrina/Tony         T      8     8     8     24
Argentine Tango     P      8     7     7     22     46     

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2010, 09:17:47 AM »
Week Five Dancing Assignments:

TV THEME WEEK....

Foxtrot:

Jennifer/Derek
Kyle/Lacey

Quickstep:

Brandy/Maksim
Kurt/Anna

Rumba:

Audrina/Tony
Rick/Cheryl

Tango:

Florence/Corky

Jive:

Bristol/Mark

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:37:22 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2010, 03:21:29 AM »
WEEK FIVE DANCING SCOREBOARD

TV Theme Week

Brandy/Maksim
Quickstep                9     9     9     27

Florence/Corky
Tango                     7     7     7     21

Kurt/Anna
Quickstep                8     8     8     24

Audrina/Tony
Rumba                     7     8    8     23                   

Kyle/Lacey
Foxtrot                    8     5     7     20

Rick/Cheryl
Rumba                     8     8     8    24

Bristol/Mark
Jive                         6     6     6     18

Jennifer/Derek
Foxtrot                     8     8     9     25             

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2010, 01:55:51 AM »
WEEK SIX DANCING SCOREBOARD

Rock and Roll Week

Dance Marathon

Audrina/Tony
Paso Doble               8     8     8     24

Kyle/Lacey
Tango                     8     7     8     23

Jennifer/Derek
Paso Doble               6     7     7     20

Rick/Cheryl
Tango                     8     8     8     24   

Bristol/Mark
Tango                     8     7     8     23

Kurt/Anna
Paso Doble               6     6     6     18

Brandy/Maksim
Tango                      8     9     9     26 

MARATHON

Brandy/Maksim           10
Jennifer/Derek             9
Audrina/Tony              8
Kyle/Lacey                 7
Rick/Cheryl                 6
Bristol/Mark                5
Kurt/Anna                  4

TOTAL SCORES

Brandy/Maksim           36
Audrina/Tony             32
Kyle/Lacey                30
Rick/Cheryl                30
Jennifer/Derek            29
Bristol/Mark                28
Kurt/Anna                  22

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2010, 10:29:45 PM »
I hated that Audrina and Tony were eliminated. I thought they did a great job. They were contenders to win the whole thing, it's shocking actually.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2010, 10:19:14 PM »
WEEK SEVEN DANCING SCOREBOARD

200th EPISODE ANNIVERSARY

CHA-CHA CHALLENGE

TEAM KRISTI:

Bristol/Mark
Kyle/Lacey
Rick/Cheryl               8     8     8     24

TEAM APOLO:

Brandy/Maksim
Jennifer/Derek
Kurt/Anna                9     9     9     27

ROUND TWO: (With a 4th celeb judge)

Kyle/Lacey
Paso Doble
4th Judge: Mel B.                    10    9     8     8

Kurt/Anna
Tango
4th Judge: Emmitt Smith           10    8     8    8

Bristol/Mark
Viennese Waltz
4th Judge: Kelly Osbourne          9     8     8    8

Rick/Cheryl
Quickstep
4th Judge: Helio Castroneves     10    9     9     9

Brandy/Maksim
Foxtrot
4th Judge: Gilles Marini               9     9    10    9

Jennifer/Derek
Tango
4th Judge: Drew Lachey             10    9     9     9

COMBINED SCORES:

Kyle/Lacey            59
Kurt/Anna             61
Bristol/Mark           57
Rick/Cheryl            61
Brandy/Maksim       64
Jennifer/Derek        64

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2010, 10:34:26 PM »
I was glad to see Jennifer rally tonight. A few weeks ago I thought she had it won then she faltered. Tonight we saw that she really has been ill but I think did well tonight.

I don't really have any favorites, I'll be sorry whoever goes home tomorrow night.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2010, 02:22:55 AM »
WEEK EIGHT DANCING SCOREBOARD

REGULAR DANCE PERFORMANCE AND INSTANT DANCE PERFORMANCE

Regular Dance Performance:

Kyle/Lacey
Viennese Waltz             9     9     9     27

Jennifer/Derek
Quickstep                    9     9     9     27

Kurt/Anna
Waltz                          8     8     8     24

Bristol/Mark
Argentine Tango           8     8     8     24

Brandy/Maksim
Waltz                         9    10    10    29 

Instant Dance (The teams knew of their assigned dances but not the songs until tonight's live show, after their first performances and had about 30-40 minutes to rehearse to the songs)

Kyle/Lacey
Jive                           10    9    10     29       

Jennifer/Derek
Rumba                        10   10   10     30

Kurt/Anna
Cha Cha Cha                 8     8    8     24

Bristol/Mark
Samba                         7     8    8     23

Brandy/Maksim
Cha Cha Cha                 9     9    10    29

COMBINED SCORES:

Kyle/Lacey                   56
Jennifer/Derek               57
Kurt/Anna                     48             
Bristol/Mark                   47
Brandy/Maksim               57

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2010, 12:39:31 PM »
Kyle and Lacey did amazingly well in the instant dance.  Will tonight be the end of Bristol and Mark? I think so but she's surprised be before. I think she is hampered because she's never been a performer and she is shy but she's doing better and better every week so good for her.

I did agree with Carrie Ann's comment that Kurt did more dancing than Brandy with the instant dance. He's also getting into the dance.

I see either Jennifer/Derek or Brandy/Mak winning. What's your opinion??

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2010, 07:12:50 PM »
Kyle and Lacey did amazingly well in the instant dance.  Will tonight be the end of Bristol and Mark? I think so but she's surprised be before. I think she is hampered because she's never been a performer and she is shy but she's doing better and better every week so good for her.

I did agree with Carrie Ann's comment that Kurt did more dancing than Brandy with the instant dance. He's also getting into the dance.

I see either Jennifer/Derek or Brandy/Mak winning. What's your opinion??

I'm sick of Jennifer's complaining about her physical issues and just don't like Brandy.  I'd like to see Kyle win but honestly think it could be Bristol at this point.  I think there is some sort of voting block like they've had on American Idol a few times.  Only time will tell!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2010, 10:40:37 PM »
BamBam!!!!  :waves:  I'm surprised every Tuesday night. I thought I knew who would win but now I'm unsure. I just don't know. This season I've been to really watch and I'm loving it.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2010, 01:42:00 AM »
WEEK NINE DANCING SCOREBOARD

SEMI-FINALS

ROUND ONE: LATIN

Brandy/Maksim
Paso Doble                 9     9     9     27

Jennifer/Derek
Cha-Cha-Cha             10    10    10   30

Bristol/Mark
Paso Doble                 9     9     9     27

Kyle/Lacey
Samba                      10    9    10    29

ROUND TWO: BALLROOM

Brandy/Maksim
Argentine Tango          10    10   10   30

Jennifer/Derek
Waltz                         10    10   10   30

Bristol/Mark
Waltz                          8     9     9    26     

Kyle/Lacey
Argentine Tango           10    9    10    29

COMBINED SCORE:

Brandy/Maksim              57

Jennifer/Derek               60

Bristol/Mark                  53

Kyle/Lacey                   58

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2010, 01:19:33 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FINAL THREE!

Good luck to all three teams competing for the mirror ball trophy next week in the final round!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2010, 07:22:32 AM »
It was a surprising result, but I'm happy for all 3. Jennifer was absolutely beautiful dancing the waltz Monday evening. Kyle is unique and hilarious, he is fun to watch. Bristol started out knowing nothing about dancing and continually improved. Her waltz was memorable as well, not as technically perfect but haunting. 

I loved Brandy's performances, I thought for sure she would be in the finale.

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2010, 02:42:18 PM »
It was a surprising result, but I'm happy for all 3. Jennifer was absolutely beautiful dancing the waltz Monday evening. Kyle is unique and hilarious, he is fun to watch. Bristol started out knowing nothing about dancing and continually improved. Her waltz was memorable as well, not as technically perfect but haunting. 

I loved Brandy's performances, I thought for sure she would be in the finale.

Howdy TexasLady!  :waves:

Can't say I am surprised at all from the results.  Right now I am going to call Bristol the winner.  She has the voting block and you have to admit she is the most improved even if she isn't the best dancer.  I don't really care who wins at this point because I wasn't a Brandy fan so am happy to see her gone.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2010, 05:19:01 PM »
I don't really care either.  :)  I like all 3 finalists for different reasons.  :hearts: 

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2010, 12:30:58 AM »
I'm pulling for Kyle and Lacey.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2010, 01:52:54 AM »
I'm for Bristol or Kyle.  Neither have had prior dancing or musical careers.  I do feel bad for Bristol the press has been really hard on her.  I have voted for her because she is the underdog. :hearts:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2010, 03:06:43 PM »
I'm pulling for Kyle and Lacey.
I'm for Bristol or Kyle.  Neither have had prior dancing or musical careers.  I do feel bad for Bristol the press has been really hard on her.  I have voted for her because she is the underdog. :hearts:

Same here. Jennifer Gray has been exquisite at times but she is an entertainer, used to performing.

Kyle is hilarious and while he is an entertainer, he's a natural but not at dancing and he has consistently gotten better and better. (Young too.)

I feel bad for Bristol, she's not used to being on the stage, never danced but she has been steadily improving. She has an innocence about her that is endearing. I think the press has been harsh, and I agree with you bee, I think a lot of people vote for her because she is the underdog. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2010, 12:15:11 AM »
 :waves: Hey TL, Bee, others!  Good to cya! :waves:

ALL my votes have been for Bristol for the same reasons stated here.  And it really irks me the Press just has to make a big deal about her not deserving to win.  She has worked her butt off, has shown much improvement in her dancing, even getting braver and "bearing a little more body"! :tup: She has done her dangest and I hope she wins!  :yess:

All seasons of Dancing have had contestants who DID have some prior dancing experience and of course, just their entertainment experience alone helps them.  

Ruday :hugs:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2010, 07:00:39 PM »
Hi Rudy! Can't wait to watch tonight. I haven't voted at all but I will tonight. Showtime!!

:wohoo:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2010, 08:11:36 PM »
WEEK TEN DANCING SCOREBOARD

FINALS

REDEMPTION DANCE

Kyle/Lacey
Foxtrot                   9     9     9     27

Bristol/Mark
Jive                        9     9     9     27

Jennifer/Derek
Paso Doble              10    10    10    30

FREESTYLE DANCE

Kyle/Lacey              10     9    10    29

Bristol/Mark              8      9     8    25

Jennifer/Derek          10    10    10    30   

COMBINED SCORE

Kyle/Lacey            56

Bristol/Mark           52

Jennifer/Derek        60

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2010, 10:18:33 PM »
FINALE NIGHT

FAVORITE DANCE

Kyle/Lacey
Tango                9     8     9     26

Bristol/Mark
Tango                8     9     8     25

Jennifer/Derek
Viennese Waltz   10    10    10    30

INSTANT CHA-CHA-CHA     

Kyle/Lacey         9     9     10     28

Jennifer/Derek     9     9     10     28

Bristol/Mark        9     9      9      27

COMBINED SCORES FROM LAST NIGHT AND TONIGHT

Kyle/Lacey       110

Bristol/Mark      104

Jennifer/Derek   118

DANCING WITH THE STARS SEASON 11 CHAMPIONS

SECOND PLACE

THIRD PLACE

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2010, 12:58:43 PM »
Congrats to Jennifer and Derek. She was the best dancer and I wish we'd had a finale with Brandy included. I can't complain though I like the final 4 and each one brought something to the show. You can't help liking Kyle, he has the star quality that draws you to him and he's so cute and likable. Bristol certainly improved and was excellent in her final dances but she has never performed and that hampered her because she didn't know how to project drama or personality when she danced. My hubby said her face never changed and he was right.

Brandy certainly is a dancer, she could have beaten Jennifer if they had competed against each other.

One other comment, I think Jennifer was in a great deal of pain on finale night and I think the effort was a 10, I'm not sure her performances merited 10s. I think the judges knew she was hurting and reflected that in their scores.