Author Topic: China Rush 2010: Show Discussion --Note finale change to Oct 30!!!  (Read 119962 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: China Rush 2010: Show Discussion --Note finale change to Oct 30!!!
« Reply #300 on: October 30, 2010, 07:46:25 AM »
start!

Weihen, can you summarize the episode so far?

Offline Godaf

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #301 on: October 30, 2010, 07:50:09 AM »
Been following this board for a while but finally decided to join!  Loving China Rush - it's (I have to say) much better than the recent US seasons!  Hoping Rae and Charlie will win!  Trying to watch the live stream season finale now on ICS but it's starting and stopping...  Anyone else know where I can watch this other than YouTube?

Thanks!

Offline Godaf

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #302 on: October 30, 2010, 08:03:01 AM »
I'm not Weihan and hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this but 1st task? Detour - they had to climb a scaffolding thing - 1. D&N 2. R&J  3.C&R
Then they had to go to car museum and find the key that starts a vintage sports car??
Same order as above
Then they had to do a driving test of sorts - had to keep to within 3km of the speed limit on a course...
1. R&J 2. D&N 3. C&R

Then the livestream just skips so I'm guessing they all got on the same metro to the World Expo
Wine tasting challenge...
1. C&R 2. D&N  3.R&J

Then ?final challege they had to place tacks on all their previous pitstops on a map of china....

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: October 30, 2010, 08:03:28 AM »
Rachel and Charile win!!
2nd:Rick and Josh
3rd:Indians

I feel bad that they don't take other racers to finish line to cheer...

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: October 30, 2010, 10:41:59 AM »
Final leg!
travel to Shanghai
find a giant wheel (RB:climb wheel)
Indians came to there first,then R/J,Charile and Rachel got there last since their taxi driver got lost.then they finish RB in the same order.
go to Shanghai automobile museum(task:find a car in hundreds of cars,then start the car and get key)
Indians and Charile/Rachel have trouble starting cars since they don't press icon,this takes them long time.

task:drive cars in the speed repuested

Indians came to there first,but failed first time so that they fell behind Rick/Josh.Charile/Rachel finish this task last but all three teams on the same subway to EXPO.
go to EXPO south african  pavilion by subway(task:taste wine)Rachel/Charile got ahead in this task,then Indians,Rick/Josh last and Josh feel frustrated since he has been worked in a wine factory in Australia but they can't get through this tsk first.
go to China railway pavilion (memory task:point out all the places they have been to in order)[/i]
all three teams failed first time since they put Shanghai first instead of Ningbo.
bund
here teams find  clue written by Chinese,they have to figure out where finish line is.
The Oriental Pearl TV Tower (finish line)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #305 on: October 30, 2010, 04:10:56 PM »
oohhhh!!! :hearts: I can't wait to catch up and see this!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #306 on: October 30, 2010, 04:13:48 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, Godaf!! Feel free to join in anywhere!

I loved this too, reminded me of TAR, the early years!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: October 30, 2010, 04:15:35 PM »
Yes, this was good. I liked the fact that the order of the teams changed over the leg. And there were multiple times that I thought that this is it, now this team is going to win. But a minute later the situation had changed again.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #308 on: October 30, 2010, 04:24:22 PM »
Gosh, I only discovered China Rush and absolutely loved  :hearts: it - watched all episodes this week - Cannot wait to see finale!!! Just wish karen and Lisa had made it through  (:;) 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #309 on: October 30, 2010, 05:36:21 PM »
WEIHEN!!!

In recognition of your outstanding work on China Rush, RFF is happy to welcome you to the ranks of the TAR Detectives!!

Thank you for all you did to track the spoilers and keep us all updated! GREAT JOB!!

:yourock: :yourock: :yourock:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #310 on: October 30, 2010, 10:10:42 PM »
Thank you so much!

By the way,I think Rachel is the first girl winner when  only have a girl in final 3 in all TAR versions,right?
Congratulations Rachel beat two all male teams!

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #311 on: October 31, 2010, 04:41:59 AM »
I got some information that TARCR S2 will allow Chinese in (but they must speak English in progrem).

Offline azs

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #312 on: November 01, 2010, 09:12:04 PM »
Hooray! Hooray!  :jumpy:  :wohoo:  :jumpy:

Congrats to Rae and Charlie. It was a tough race, but they were terrific competitors all the way through. I liked the Aussies a lot, too, but of course only one team can cross finish line first.

Rae's mom and I are childhood friends, and we really enjoyed following together all of the info posted about the show in the threads here in the RFF forum. Many thanks (especially to weihen!) for ferreting out so many clues, especially during the taping of the show. It especially made it easier on the family since of course Rae could tell them nothing about what was going on until after each episode was broadcast.

It really was an amazing race!

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: November 02, 2010, 07:12:56 PM »
Thank you so much!

By the way,I think Rachel is the first girl winner when  only have a girl in final 3 in all TAR versions,right?

I checked and I believe that you are correct. 

Charlie & Rachel are the first non-all-male team to beat two all-male teams in the finale of any version broadcast so far.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #314 on: November 03, 2010, 06:12:28 AM »
Thank you so much!

I checked and I believe that you are correct. 

Charlie & Rachel are the first non-all-male team to beat two all-male teams in the finale of any version broadcast so far.

That's a good observation! :tup:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #315 on: November 03, 2010, 06:53:21 PM »
To be more precise, Charlie & Rachel are the only team to beat two all-male teams in the finale of any version broadcast so far.

No version has ever had three all-male teams in the finale.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #316 on: November 04, 2010, 04:02:48 AM »
To be more precise, Charlie & Rachel are the only team to beat two all-male teams in the finale of any version broadcast so far.

No version has ever had three all-male teams in the finale.

That would be the worst season ever. :groan:

Unless it's a battle between Oswald and Danny, Jet and Cord or maybe Mel and Mike. Or else... :meow: :lol:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #317 on: November 09, 2010, 08:34:56 PM »
Did anyone see the reunion episode?

(I'm still waiting for the person who uploaded the whole season to youtube to upload the reunion, or, at least, I hope that person uploads it.  I've got my fingers crossed.)

Offline azs

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #318 on: November 10, 2010, 03:19:56 PM »
Did anyone see the reunion episode?

(I'm still waiting for the person who uploaded the whole season to youtube to upload the reunion, or, at least, I hope that person uploads it.  I've got my fingers crossed.)

You can still catch it at the link in the first post in this thread (e.g., at 13:30 on 11/8, or 20:00 on 11/7).

I didn't have any problems at all with the buffering this time, either.

It's pretty fun to watch! Everyone is relaxed, and it's clear that they enjoy each other.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: November 19, 2010, 02:03:49 PM »
Finally caught up and finished the season. The finale was tense and fun to watch, and I can live with the conclusion!

The season as a whole? I question the choice of locations to represent China. Zhaoqing's my ancestral hometown so that's pretty cool, but I'm thinking it's too generic, like many other locations they visited, in a race that's supposed to showcase the diversity of the country. The tasks were generally good, but some of them were just random non-location-related tasks and badly edited.

After four whole seasons of practice, Allan Wu is still over-dramatic and contrived.

The thing that made the season as enjoyable as it was are the teams. I loved every single one of them (even the bickering couples), and hated when each one of them was eliminated. Not sure why I don't feel as connected to the US teams, even with the very likable cast of TAR 17.

Good first run, but would have hoped it had the oomph, location-wise, of first-season TAR: Classic!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #320 on: November 19, 2010, 08:40:42 PM »
After four whole seasons of practice, Allan Wu is still over-dramatic and contrived

Sigh.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: November 19, 2010, 08:55:18 PM »
For the sake of accuracy, Allan filmed TARA4 after TARCR, so he had three seasons of practice before filming TARCR.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #322 on: November 24, 2010, 12:34:18 PM »

Buying the rights — and the show bibles — is key, said Li Yi, the executive at SMG’s International Channel Shanghai (ICS) in charge of “The Amazing Race: China Rush”.

“Buy the copyright and learn the essence from that. That’s very important,” Li said.

SMG approached Disney, which owns the rights to “The Amazing Race”, last year about producing an English-language China-based franchise for the one-year countdown to this year’s World Expo, Li said.

When it became clear Disney needed longer to negotiate terms, ICS told Disney it would produce a similar 2009 programme, “Shanghai Rush”, as they worked towards a deal for this year.

The two sides eventually worked out a deal and the Disney-licensed version that debuted in August drew an audience three times as big as “Shanghai Rush”, Li said.

Li declined to discuss terms but called it “very reasonable”, with Disney holding the rights to sell the ICS show outside China. Disney saw it as part of a long-term China investment, he added.

The deal brought in Disney’s expert advice on travel planning, adjusting games to contestants’ strengths and maximising suspense, he said.

“One thing was very impressive: they gave the very huge amount of manpower required. That’s very important, so we could see a very big difference between the West and China’s TV industry,” Li said.

The result was ICS’s most expensive programme yet, but also one of its most profitable, as it used the foreign brand name to even attract overseas advertisers.

http://www.asiaweeks.net/20101124/486/china-broadcasters-strike-gold-with-foreign-formats.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #323 on: January 06, 2011, 06:38:37 AM »
From Allan Wu's FB

I just found out that plans for The Amazing Race China Rush 2 are well underway. And here's something you might all be interested in...
This Second Season will be OPEN to essentially anyone who resides on this planet we know as Earth! (However, I think you will still need to be a certain age to apply. Sorry.)
More details to come so w...atch out for it! :-)

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #324 on: January 06, 2011, 01:03:57 PM »
Some things to improve on for CR2:

Don't do 3 NELs in a row. That just got annoying.
No problem with destinations, just don't reuse any one of the ones in CR1.
Don't go overboard with the tasks (true for TARA and TARLA as well), there's just too little time in a hour to fit everything in.
Don't put equalizers in the middle of the leg like at Mt. Taian.