Author Topic: China Rush 2010: Show Discussion --Note finale change to Oct 30!!!  (Read 120148 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
hotpot:eat Sichuan hotpot
teapot:use a teapot to searve tea
all teams choose hotpot(Indians U-turned to do teapot)

speedbump?? roadblock??

sorry lah weihan, u see the link cannot work...

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
speed bump:clean ears
RB:find a bamboo slip in the dark
pitstop:Chunxi Rd

1st:Charile and Rachel
2nd:Sarah and Molly
3rd:Rick and Josh
4th:Karen and Lisa
5th:Indians(non-emilination)

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
According to Indiantelevision.com, TAR: China Rush will have a second season next year.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Great news!! I have really enjoyed this!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
Current Leaderboard for TAR China Rush:

Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks Evan!

I have fallen 2 eps behind but hope to catch up quickly...in the meantime please let me know if you need any screencaps!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'm happy to hear about a second season.

I remember seeing Anthony Bourdain get his ears cleaned in Chengdu before and I don't remember it bothering him much.  Lisa & Karen reacted like they were being tortured by the ear cleaner at the speed bump.

I liked that both detours were challenging in different ways.  Seeing racers brought to their knees from the spicy food showed how difficult it really was.

One of my favorite moments was seeing the cab driver take a bathroom break.  I don't remember seeing that before on any other race.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
One of my favorite moments was seeing the cab driver take a bathroom break.  I don't remember seeing that before on any other race.

Louie and Michael in Singapore? ???
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
It is impossible to watch episode 9  :(  the goes from minute 1 to minute 5 - 10 -20 -30 -etc.... i don't know what is going on!!!

BTW, 3 non eliminations in a row is too much!!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:14:14 AM by gonzalochileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Well I am glad that it skipped for someone else besides me. I thought it was my computer. I will try again later this week to see if they got it fixed. The last place team was quite suprising. And you are right, 3 NELs in a row is too much....but they only started with 10 teams so maybe they are making up for that.
Matthew 7:15

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
It is impossible to watch episode 9  :(  the goes from minute 1 to minute 5 - 10 -20 -30 -etc.... i don't know what is going on!!!

BTW, 3 non eliminations in a row is too much!!!

And me, i watch episode 9 without the sound  :(

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Charlie & Rachel definitely had a rough day.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline azs

• RFF Not So Newbie
Charlie & Rachel definitely had a rough day.

That's putting it mildly...lol! They have done so well up to now, too. It just goes to show how quickly one's standing can change. Rachel did not handle pressure well this week.

But, everyone goes forward one more time! Next week is bound to be especially tense, though, since one of the teams is now certain to be eliminated...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:50:11 PM by azs »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
Well I tried watching it again this morning. The first time, it worked fine till about the 33 minute mark and then switched to ICN News. Started it a 2nd time and it played all the way through.

Rachel just has too much of a quick temper. She lost her cool at the first task and never regained it. They went from 1st to last on the leg because of it. It's just that simple.

I did love Charlie's comment..........Pandas 1, Rachel 0

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
3 NELs in a row? That must be Amazing Race's first. :lol:

Well, at least it kept a larger audience who knew the remaining 5 teams glued to the TV each week if their fave team isn't eliminated. :duno:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
One of my favorite moments was seeing the cab driver take a bathroom break.  I don't remember seeing that before on any other race.

Louie and Michael in Singapore? ???

I didn't remember it, so I re-watched it, and Louie & Michael took their bags with them up to the Fast Forward.  When they came back down, they didn't see the taxi driver and they assumed that he went to use the restroom, but there's no clear footage of him going into one or coming from one.  He just jogs back from inside the complex. 

With Charlie & Rachel, their taxi driver left them in the cab and we see him coming out of the restroom.
----
The closest thing that I can remember to three straight NELs is three NELs in four episodes during TAR5.  I especially remember Kevin & Drew mentioning it back then.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
3 NELs in a row? That must be Amazing Race's first. :lol:

I would say the producers took a huge risk here. It would have been a lot less interesting to watch if the first team not eliminated had failed to catch up and just lagged further and further behind. This was specially likely on leg #9 where there were no bunching points.

And it was actually pretty close. If Charlie and Rachel had not crashed as hard as they did then Deepak & Naresh would have been hopelessly last again.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
I guess that Charlie and Rachel got a really really bad taxi driver from the bamboo to the bus station. I found it pretty unbelievable that that was when Naresh and Deepak passed them and actually got an earlier bus. Charlie and Rachel had absolutely no good luck that leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Hope the next one is a good one! And hope I can finally catch back up this week... :(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
Nobody's watching? (btw is it just me that the episode cannot be watched clearly?)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
My video was messed up too and it kept skipping. It seems it is easier to watch in a couple of days. I think that maybe too many people try to log onto the site and watch. The ICS player gets really messed up.

As for the episode.......anohter topsy turvy one. They did have an elimination this time.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
My video was messed up too and it kept skipping. It seems it is easier to watch in a couple of days. I think that maybe too many people try to log onto the site and watch. The ICS player gets really messed up.

As for the episode.......anohter topsy turvy one. They did have an elimination this time.

How was the leg, if you could watch it... can you describe it

(PM me if you don't want to post here Pleaase...)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
1st:Rick and Josh(win a trip to Yunnan)
2nd:Lisa and Karen
3th:Charile and Rachel
4th:Indians
5th:Sarah and Molly(emilinated)
Sarah gave up RB .

they fly to Kunming,then take bus for 13 hours to Tengchong.
route info:go to Tengchong tomb
RB:play golf
then a task taking 20kg firewood to peak by donkey
roue info:go to a volcano park
then go to Heshun ancient town
detour:one is catching two fish in field,the other is making a bamboo raft
pitstop:Wenxing Lou

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City

If you read my post that you quoted......I said the video was messed up......so NO, I didnt watch it. I just listened to it every now and then, between skips.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster

If you read my post that you quoted......I said the video was messed up......so NO, I didnt watch it. I just listened to it every now and then, between skips.
Usually you can fix the skipping by refreshing
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move