Author Topic: China Rush 2010: Show Discussion --Note finale change to Oct 30!!!  (Read 120212 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Re: China Rush 2010: Show Discussion (LINK to watch in post 1) Ep 6 starts on p 9
« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2010, 01:02:01 PM »
That was a real busy episode. Sean and Amy reminded me of Zach and Flo......I will miss Sean, but not Amy.....just too underhandeded a racer. I felt sure there would be a NEL to save them....lol

All of the other teams just rocked on. They all looked exhausted at the end.

Fav comment: When the taxi driver told Naresh and Depeek to speak Mandarian and one of them said "We are speaking Mandarian!!!!"  That just cracked me up.
Matthew 7:15

Offline azs

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: China Rush 2010: Show Discussion (LINK to watch in post 1) Ep 6 starts on p 9
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2010, 03:22:09 PM »
G'bye, Amy!  :waves:

I must admit, though, that she was good for infusing some extra drama into the race (Sean was very likeable, though).

I like all of the remaining teams, so am not rooting for any of them to do poorly at this point; they are all good competitors. This leg seemed so physically strenuous that I'm impressed with any team that is still in the race!

Can't wait to see what happens in Ep 7!

(Looooong time lurker; first time poster. I know one of the contestants well, so have really appreciated these forums and all of the scoop people have found and posted so far -- especially during filming!)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2010, 05:11:14 PM »
:bigwelcome azs!

Glad you found us!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: September 21, 2010, 04:03:51 PM »
do you think any of the American teams in China Rush would attend TARcon given the invitation?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2010, 04:22:45 PM »
I would love that, and would be glad to see they are invited if they are interested. Send me a PM with any contact info you have?  :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #230 on: September 22, 2010, 08:33:52 AM »
Amy and Sean are not lucky. In the amazing race, small mistakes makes the difference. We know the top 5 and I think that leg 7 will be a non-elimination leg.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2010, 12:34:45 PM »
Sean and Amy getting eliminated... megashocker.

At least this shapes things up!!!

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2010, 03:42:38 PM »

Sean reminded me a little of Terence (Terence & Sarah) and Amy reminded me of the whiny girls like Jennifer, Sarah and Meghan. Bonnie & Mel would be roadkill in the American version though.

What makes you say Bonnie and Mel would be roadkill in the American version? If I think your coming from where I think your coming from, then look at Meredith and Gretchen, Linda and Karen, Fran and Barry...Did you think they'd go that far?

No ageism here.

Most legs had Hours of Operation that allowed them to catch up, or the behind team fell behind (Paul & Francis, Miguel & Hector) that allowed them to catch up...

If Bonnie & Mel were racing in say Season 16, I could see them falling behind with the buses and getting slimed by the zipwire roadblock. Some with this season probably, they would struggle with the catapult. Also in TAR:CR and TARA, the tendency to have fewer physical roadblocks. A team like A.D & Fuzzie would definitely also be out first or second in the American versions.

Even though Bonnie & Mel and A.D. & Fuzzie are probably not top-tier teams on paper, I believe that both teams are physically stronger than a team like Charla & Mirna. 

Either Bonnie or Mel said that they were in the US Air Force, and, even though that was years ago, you'd have to have some degree of fitness to be in the military.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2010, 04:45:32 AM »
Caps from ep 6:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: China Rush 2010: Show Discussion (LINK to watch in post 1) Ep 7 starts on p 10
« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2010, 07:26:55 AM »
Ep7 drama iis in  Charile and Rachel

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: China Rush 2010: Show Discussion (LINK to watch in post 1) Ep 7 starts on p 10
« Reply #236 on: September 26, 2010, 07:29:02 AM »
RB is the same style with TAR15 leg11 RB

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: September 26, 2010, 08:07:53 AM »
1st:Rick and Josh
2nd:Charile and Rachel
3th:Sarah and Molly
4th:Indians
5th:Karen and Lisa(non-emilinated)

A leg based on physical

Offline azs

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #238 on: September 28, 2010, 07:17:14 AM »
This is wierd. I keep trying to watch the episode, but after the ads at @25.00 minutes, part of the ad image remains overlayed on the screen and I can only see bits and pieces of the video through the overlay. This happens only when I watch China Rush, and at both broadcast times. I tried rebooting and restoring my computer and deleting cookies (in case it's something I did), but it's still there.

Are others having this problem as well? If not, has anyone had the problem before and know how to shake it?

Last week, I had to wait until the clips showed up on YouTube because every time I tried to connect to the site I kept getting the error message that the site didn't exist (i.e., like the site had crashed), but this issue is even more perplexing...lol.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2010, 11:08:34 PM »
This is wierd. I keep trying to watch the episode, but after the ads at @25.00 minutes, part of the ad image remains overlayed on the screen and I can only see bits and pieces of the video through the overlay. This happens only when I watch China Rush, and at both broadcast times. I tried rebooting and restoring my computer and deleting cookies (in case it's something I did), but it's still there.

Are others having this problem as well? If not, has anyone had the problem before and know how to shake it?

I had the same problem, but only for the showing at 06.45 on the 27th. There is a showing at around 00.30 at the 27th which you can test.

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #240 on: September 29, 2010, 11:41:35 PM »
For me personally, i enjoy watching the shown in the morning (here in Singapore), at night, the traffic sucks, as if millions of people dash across the Shibuya crossing in a minute
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline azs

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2010, 12:50:40 AM »
I had the same problem, but only for the showing at 06.45 on the 27th. There is a showing at around 00.30 at the 27th which you can test.

Yeah; that time has the same problem for me....

But, the episode is up on YouTube now and those clips look fine!  :wohoo:

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
EP8,fly to Chengdu~

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
U-turn!

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
U-turn!

Mi video is not showing everything!!! In the speed bump, Allan said "For arriving last in the previous leg".... and then they were showing performing their speed bump!!!
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
U-turn!

who u-turn who? please tell me...

and ps: the link sucks cannot watch

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Lisa  and Karen U-turn Indians.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Peaple Park
detour:hotpot or teapot
Tianfu square(U-turn)
Dufu cotage

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Peaple Park
detour:hotpot or teapot
Tianfu square(U-turn)
Dufu cotage

weihen, could you please describe the detour (because cannot watch)....

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
hotpot:eat Sichuan hotpot
teapot:use a teapot to searve tea
all teams choose hotpot(Indians U-turned to do teapot)