Author Topic: China Rush 2010: Show Discussion --Note finale change to Oct 30!!!  (Read 120157 times)

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: China Rush 2010: Show Discussion (LINK to watch in post 1) Ep 6 starts on p 9
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2010, 09:52:04 PM »
In next legs there will be a lot of non-elimination legs  :snicker:
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: China Rush 2010: Show Discussion (LINK to watch in post 1) Ep 6 starts on p 9
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2010, 11:57:52 PM »
Bonnie and Mel emilinated because of bad taxi driver...

Offline mcraggize

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2010, 04:49:43 AM »

Yeah, and there are quite a lot of entrances to the great wall. The first time i went to there i was also confused

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2010, 05:52:03 PM »

Yeah, and there are quite a lot of entrances to the great wall. The first time i went to there i was also confused

the reason is that the great Wall has many gaps along its 2000+ miles and there were access points every so much distance. The most famous access point, because it is closest to Beijing's tourist market and to the 22 million Chinese who live in and around Beijing, is at Badaling (aka Juyongguan to Amazing Race fans). There are also major access points nearby at  Huanghuacheng, Mutianyu, Jiankou, Gubeikou, Jinshanling and Simatai great wall.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2010, 12:56:27 AM »
still, at least they got eliminated at one of the world wonders. They were very fun to watch.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2010, 01:56:34 AM »
Sad they are out. I really enjoyed watching them!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2010, 02:21:07 AM »
I loved those two! Great spirit, I love watching people who have fun racing.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2010, 09:54:49 AM »
I loved those two! Great spirit, I love watching people who have fun racing.

Agreed! They are very cute and funny but im sad that they are eliminated ;(

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »
i guese next out be in final right i love this team why

Offline mithriel

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2010, 09:39:25 PM »
Bonnie and Mel is  my favo team from the start~~ so sad  they are out ~ :'( :'(
well, I support Rick and Josh now, can't forgot that perfect goal in ep5~~wow
Amy and Sean are crazily interesting, they make the show noisier(lol) as well as funnier, hope they will stay in the show.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2010, 11:45:17 PM »
Again, I will be at work as the episode airs, so can't play till later! Have fun though!! And post lots that I can read!! :luvu:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2010, 01:13:15 AM »
Wow!

I finally caught up with episodes 4 & 5, and episode 5 was one of my favorite TAR episodes since TAR14.

I love it when tasks are challenging to everyone and when they can result in a shuffling of every team's placement; the duck carving and communication tasks were great at that.  Even the detour was pretty good.

I was surprised that Rick & Josh said that they didn't know Mandarin.

Sean & Amy are definitely the type of combustible team that the US TAR loves to cast.  I doubt that it would happen, but I would have no problem with either Sean & Amy or Bonnie & Mel showing up as racers on TAR:US.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2010, 06:56:12 AM »
4 minutes to go!Ep6!

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2010, 07:02:59 AM »
Leg6:travel by train to Taishan(Mount-tai)
        go to Dai temple
        Many teams speak Dai temple "Dai Si"  instead of "Dai Miao"(correct ) make taxi driver confused.("Si" and "Miao" both have the meaning of "temple" in Chinese).
         go to Tianwaicun Square(RB:climb dam)
         Sean finish quickly,Sarah has problem and cry
          then they go to fengshandadian
          task:find a "china rush" stone
          time bunching
          detour:trees or keys(trees:plant trees,keys:TARS6 RB)
          pitstop:peak of Mount-tai
          Rick and Josh,Sean and Amy made big mistake not carrying bags.
         1st:Charile and Rachel(won a trip to Mount-Lu,Mount-Hua,Mouht-Huang)
         2nd:Sarah and Molly
         3th:Indians
         4th:Karen and Lisa
         5th:Rick and Josh
         6th:Sean and Amy(emilinated)
They made big mistake leaving bags caused their emilinated.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:14:14 AM by weihen »

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #214 on: September 19, 2010, 07:15:14 AM »
Roadblock: Who's the best dam climber?

-The person must climb up the Dragon Reservoir Dam and make his/her way to a nearby pavilion to receive the next clue.

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2010, 07:22:11 AM »
Poor Sarah! :'(

I know how she feels and the Roadblock is not easy for females.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: September 19, 2010, 07:31:38 AM »

Sean reminded me a little of Terence (Terence & Sarah) and Amy reminded me of the whiny girls like Jennifer, Sarah and Meghan. Bonnie & Mel would be roadkill in the American version though.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:37:20 AM by redskooky »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2010, 03:17:18 PM »
I was almost sure this would be a NEL, alas...too bad for Sean and Amy, they ran a very good leg.

Well, I guess this just confirms another of TAR's winning rules:
Never leave your backpack behind unless you're willing to lose it.
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2010, 05:51:54 PM »
Halfway through the race! Here's my summary.

Leg 1: Too many tasks, uneven editing
Leg 2: Not bad, but I hate mid-leg HoOs.
Leg 3: Not bad.
Leg 4: Felt too short, but I liked the tasks.
Leg 5: The roadblock and the art tasks were the best I've seen in a long time. Absolutely hated the detour. Oh man no NEL?
Leg 6: Great locales, but what was with that mid-leg HoO? This leg was a really endurance, luck, and strength based one. Lots of stairs! And still no NEL? That kills the suspense for the next leg.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2010, 06:01:33 PM »
I think all TARs should do a communication task like the one on episode 5
The story so far:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: September 19, 2010, 06:56:33 PM »

Sean reminded me a little of Terence (Terence & Sarah) and Amy reminded me of the whiny girls like Jennifer, Sarah and Meghan. Bonnie & Mel would be roadkill in the American version though.

What makes you say Bonnie and Mel would be roadkill in the American version? If I think your coming from where I think your coming from, then look at Meredith and Gretchen, Linda and Karen, Fran and Barry...Did you think they'd go that far?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: September 19, 2010, 07:28:50 PM »

What makes you say Bonnie and Mel would be roadkill in the American version? If I think your coming from where I think your coming from, then look at Meredith and Gretchen, Linda and Karen, Fran and Barry...Did you think they'd go that far?

No ageism here.

Most legs had Hours of Operation that allowed them to catch up, or the behind team fell behind (Paul & Francis, Miguel & Hector) that allowed them to catch up...

If Bonnie & Mel were racing in say Season 16, I could see them falling behind with the buses and getting slimed by the zipwire roadblock. Some with this season probably, they would struggle with the catapult. Also in TAR:CR and TARA, the tendency to have fewer physical roadblocks. A team like A.D & Fuzzie would definitely also be out first or second in the American versions.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:25:26 AM by redskooky »

Offline mithriel

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #222 on: September 19, 2010, 08:42:11 PM »
I watched it last night, too many unexpected things in ep6, I never thought Sean and Amy would be emilinated, Mount Tai is so hard to climb due to its countless steep stairs, tasks requires both strength and luckiness.
I was very glad Sarah did finished the dam task, poor girl~ and Momshells surprised me!

Leg6:travel by train to Taishan(Mount-tai)
        go to Dai temple
        Many teams speak Dai temple "Dai Si"  instead of "Dai Miao"(correct ) make taxi driver confused.("Si" and "Miao" both have the meaning of "temple" in Chinese).
         go to Tianwaicun Square(RB:climb dam)
         Sean finish quickly,Sarah has problem and cry
          then they go to fengshandadian
          task:find a "china rush" stone
          time bunching
          detour:trees or keys(trees:plant trees,keys:TARS6 RB)
          pitstop:peak of Mount-tai
          Rick and Josh,Sean and Amy made big mistake not carrying bags.
         1st:Charile and Rachel(won a trip to Mount-Lu,Mount-Hua,Mouht-Huang)
         2nd:Sarah and Molly
         3th:Indians
         4th:Karen and Lisa
         5th:Rick and Josh
         6th:Sean and Amy(emilinated)
They made big mistake leaving bags caused their emilinated.

Offline tinlizzy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #223 on: September 20, 2010, 07:15:48 AM »
Not sorry to see the back of Amy [and Sean].  A lot of the time, she was quite difficult to watch, and equally difficult to like.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #224 on: September 20, 2010, 10:12:17 AM »
That was a hugely difficult leg...SO much running uphill!

Sarah and Molly rocked!!
RFF's Golden Rule: