Author Topic: Judges Rumors  (Read 12258 times)

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
Judges Rumors
« on: July 30, 2010, 03:43:58 AM »
Interesting that Ellen didn't feel the fit with American Idol but with her new label searching for talent would truly be a conflict of interest.  With Ellen out, the rumor is Jennifer Lopez will take her place.  I think I would have to hear Simon's replacement before I can comment on Lopez.  Any thoughts on new judges?

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Judges Rumors
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 05:52:58 AM »
I heard from a Winsconsin Kiss FM online radio site that Nigel Lythgoe wants to replace all four. But of course, I could just be hallucinating at that time. :lol3:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 10:50:07 PM »
I heard from a Winsconsin Kiss FM online radio site that Nigel Lythgoe wants to replace all four. But of course, I could just be hallucinating at that time. :lol3:

LOL. I also heard that Kara won't be back either which makes me very happy!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 10:53:36 PM »
Goooo Randy.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 12:18:59 AM »
Ellen DeGeneres quits Idol

Ellen DeGeneres has quit 'American Idol' after just one season, and Kara DioGuardi has reportedly been sacked - meaning the judging panel faces a complete turnover.

Ellen DeGeneres has quit 'American Idol' after just one season, and Kara DioGuardi has reportedly been sacked - meaning the judging panel faces a complete turnover.

Ellen DeGeneres has quit 'American Idol', while Kara DioGuardi has reportedly been sacked.

The talk show host decided to quit her judging role after just one season because it wasn't the 'right fit' for her, while the pretty songwriter is said to have been asked to leave as part of a shakeup of the programme following head judge Simon Cowell's departure.

Explaining her departure in a statement, Ellen said: 'A couple months ago, I let FOX and the 'American Idol' producers know that this didn't feel like the right fit for me. I told them I wouldn't leave them in a bind and that I would hold off on doing anything until they were able to figure out where they wanted to take the panel next. It was a difficult decision to make, but my work schedule became more than I bargained for.

'I also realised this season that while I love discovering, supporting and nurturing young talent, it was hard for me to judge people and sometimes hurt their feelings. I loved the experience working on Idol and I am very grateful for the year I had, I am a huge fan of the show and will continue to be.'

Meanwhile, gossip website TMZ reports that the show will return to having just three judges, with Jennifer Lopez and Aerosmith star Steven Tyler favourites to join Randy Jackson.

The website states: 'Sources connected with the 'American Idol' negotiations tell TMZ Kara DioGuardi has judged her last contestant on 'American Idol' - because she's been fired.

'We're told the show will be going back to a three-judge format and assuming all deals are finalised, the judge's panel will consist of Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.

'We're told the only way Kara could get a reprieve is if the J-Lo deal falls apart - but we're told that deal is done.'

Singer-and-actress Jennifer has reportedly been in talks with show boss Simon Fuller for several weeks.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 12:21:17 AM »
I hate to say this but i think Kara is an even better judge than Paula and Randy. Ellen is in her own league so im not going to put her up for comparison.

I think what the show needs right now is a complete new set of judges. Not keeping Randy and then changing the others or what. And a complete new makeover. New icon, new voting style and process and new people. New faces. But keep Seacrest.

Other than that, i don't see how keeping Randy and recruiting Jennifer and Steven is going to work.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 06:12:10 AM »
I like Kara. People don't like her because she's new. But I like her because she really gives the appropriate comments.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 11:44:49 AM »
For me, the balance changed with the addition of Kara. She's a great songwriter but a lot of her comments were boring. Yes, the object is commercial appeal on the radio but I don't want to hear it every week. What I loved about Paula, she always was the good cop, gave the singers encouragement and counter balanced Simon.

Ellen grew on me this season and she took over the role of Paula to a great extent but did she help the singers know what they should be doing. I think she was more confusing with her advice  that helpful at times.

I'm not sure what J Lo would bring to the show. Might be good, might not. They do need a Simon who can tell it like it is.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 09:26:25 AM »
All I have to say is: What's wrong with Kara? I can see why Ellen would be a questionable judge, but why "fire" Kara? She was the best one at actually judging, IMO. Simon was just too harsh, and Randy and Ellen...not really helpful.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 11:03:42 AM »
All I have to say is: What's wrong with Kara? I can see why Ellen would be a questionable judge, but why "fire" Kara? She was the best one at actually judging, IMO. Simon was just too harsh, and Randy and Ellen...not really helpful.

it's because Kara is unpopular. The show needs famous people on the panel to pull the ratings up again. Well, that's what the producers think.

I loved Kara. I hate the producers for having this mentality. :(

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 12:09:13 AM »

it's because Kara is unpopular. The show needs famous people on the panel to pull the ratings up again. Well, that's what the producers think.

I loved Kara. I hate the producers for having this mentality. :(

Well, it seems just about every TV show I watch has that mentality lately. Get rid of true quality to go for the ratings-grabbers. Good thing I don't actually watch much TV in the first place or it would have driven me crazy a long time ago. :lol:

I loved Kara too, BTW. :(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 11:06:04 AM »
It's OK Hooky, I respect your opinions.  :tup:  I just wonder who they are going to find to keep the show current!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 11:33:28 PM »
I'm a Kara fan too. I think Kara has great comments, especially in Season 8 when all her comments hit the nail most of the time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 12:22:01 AM »
I heard JayLo was a no go.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 02:07:06 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 01:56:42 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 05:56:45 AM »
I heard it was a lot more than 20 million.  I was watching Extra tonight...I don't know why...but Jo Lo is not out of the running.  They have to get it together soon or just cancel the show.  I hope they find some great judges because I love the show.  Can't wait for David Cook's new CD! :hearts:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 03:08:48 PM »
They better get someone pretty darn soon! Here's another rumor.

Idol' Still Trying To Get Elton John As Judge

By THE DEADLINE TEAM Saturday August 28, 2010 @ 7:26pm PDT

Ray Richmond is contributing to Deadline’s Emmy coverage

EXCLUSIVE: Is American Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe unhappy with who's going to be the show's next two judges? It sure sounds that way. I caught up with him at the 8th annual BAFTA/LA Tea Party in Century City today and asked him to confirm that Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez will replace Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres. “I must say, I really do love Elton John. He’s a huge favorite of mine,” Lythgoe replied to me. The producer added that Elton's packed schedule is “always the problem”. Then Lythgoe revealed what strategy Idol is using on Elton to convince him to clear it and come on the show. "It depends on whether [he] wants to give back.” As Deadline Hollywood has been continually reporting, everybody connected to Idol has made no secret of the fact that Elton John has always been their first choice to replace Cowell. But no deal is in the offing not just because of the musician's touring commitments but also because of his astronomical asking price.

More here

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 01:32:32 AM »
I really hope Elton John does not become a judge.  Love his music but ever since he opened his mouth on our politics I lost all my respect for him.