Author Topic: Jeff and Jordan set the standards  (Read 3954 times)

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Jeff and Jordan set the standards
« on: July 27, 2010, 02:22:44 PM »
Because I was and still am a Jeff and Jordan fan I don't think any showmance will measure up to the J's. They took their time getting to know each other and let the relationship blossom. The J's were funny together and had great senses of humor. That is why I find myself repulsed most of the time to see Brendon and Rachael together. Their showmance was immediate and sexual in content almost everyday  :groan: Jordan didn't even let Jeff kiss her for weeks!
delightful just delightful

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Jeff and Jordan set the standards
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 03:17:27 PM »
I agree. I liked Eric and Jessica from BB8 too. They let their friendship blossom into a relationship for weeks before America finally told Eric to kiss her. They still dated for a while after they left the house, but I don't think they're together anymore, unfortunately.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 04:46:19 PM »
when down to earth people  are meant to be together they know it and that's what the j's were..  down to earth and honest to each other.. along with kind hearted and most of all supportive. they both kept true to themselves

these slobber freaks we have to update are insecure immature and under developed socially and resort to  exclusion from the rest of the group. they feel the need to prove their devotion to each other by PDA at every moment and every crevice of this house. they make me ill.  :ugot
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »
when down to earth people  are meant to be together they know it and that's what the j's were..  down to earth and honest to each other.. along with kind hearted and most of all supportive. they both kept true to themselves

these slobber freaks we have to update are insecure immature and under developed socially and resort to  exclusion from the rest of the group. they feel the need to prove their devotion to each other by PDA at every moment and every crevice of this house. they make me ill.  :ugot

Agreed with you that Brendon & Rachel are insecure, immature, and socially underdeveloped -- or at least Rachel is.  It's no wonder they're the targets since they're such an obvious couple and they try to exculde themselves so that they can be alone.  I don't think the other showmance couple, Hayden & Kristen, are as bad -- they at least have the brains to hide their connection.

Belle Book

Offline RHR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 02:18:45 PM »
these slobber freaks we have to update are insecure immature and under developed socially and resort to  exclusion from the rest of the group. they feel the need to prove their devotion to each other by PDA at every moment and every crevice of this house. they make me ill.  :ugot
Pretty much nailed it with your explanation there. I hate the romance crap with a passion (pun intended?) on any reality show because it's almost always based on lust or is "in the moment".

Jeff and Jordan I was okay with because 1) they came across like decent and emotionally stable people, 2) they weren't down each others throats every passing second, and 3) we got a lot of silly banter over the course of the season from their relationship.

Brendon and Rachel fail horribly at all three. There's absolutely no entertainment value in them as a pair or by themselves, and at this point they're making me loathe every second of them on my screen.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 02:51:02 PM by RHR »

Offline northernlite

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 03:09:36 PM »
I agree, after watching the sweetness of Jeff and Jordan; Rachel and Brandon make you feel like you should take a shower after the show.  I think in Rachel's mind they are going to be right up there with Jeff and Jordan, boy is she in for a surprise.  Jeff and Jordan had me laughing most of the time while Rachel and Brandon have me hitting the mute or fast forward steady. :naughty:  I find myself wondering how their poor families must feel about watching their antics? I know I am embarrassed for them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 03:58:26 PM »
Remember when Jordan kept saying her GrandPop was watching?? :lol:

We need him around this season. :knuckles:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:44:59 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 07:30:45 PM »
rach and brendon will disappear on the reality scene just as fast as natalie did from last season. 

IN BB  when you talk about fame and tv and good ratings usually the opposite happens.:tup:

not one other BB couple past or future  i feel will ever be in the standings that jeff and jordon were in and the fame that they both have had afterwards
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 05:31:53 PM »
rach and brendon will disappear on the reality scene just as fast as natalie did from last season. 

IN BB  when you talk about fame and tv and good ratings usually the opposite happens.:tup:

not one other BB couple past or future  i feel will ever be in the standings that jeff and jordon were in and the fame that they both have had afterwards

Well, I don't think Jeff and Jordan were really in it for the fame -- and they had a relationship that would really last.  Rachel & Brendon might think that their relationship is real -- I'm pretty sure Rachel does -- but even if it is, it's most likely not going to last.  They're going too fast, too hard, too soon.  I think the real relationships take time.

Belle Book

Offline kcphilly

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • FB
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 08:21:04 PM »
oooohh ITA with this total thread!!

personality wise for J&J, and the way their relationship grew was entirely different than B&R.  Rachel talks soooo much about being on a TV show, she forgot the part the storyline development.  Cause there was none.  Episode 2 was the two of them making out and Rachel going on about HER MAN.

J&J did nothing but play down their emotions the whole time saying they were friends and liked to be together.  And seeing the videos now put out by Jeff's new adventure, looks like it paid off cause they were "normal" people inside the BB house and now they're a normal and adorable real life couple.

R&B will be like one of The Bachelor/ette couples, they're fast soulmates for 2 months and then split and can't stand the site of each other.

And I'm waiting the BB episode where they talk to R&B families like they did JJ.  LMAO I don't see how each of their families can be thrilled.  I'd be so embarrassed if someone I knew was on the show acting like how these two are.