Author Topic: Ted Nugent Enters World of Reality TV  (Read 2811 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Ted Nugent Enters World of Reality TV
« on: October 04, 2003, 11:48:08 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ted Nugent Enters World of Reality TV
Friday October 3 10:26 AM ET
They were shot with paintballs, slept in a barn, constructed their own outhouse and skinned a Russian boar. Is all of this worth $25,000 and a truck?

Evidently so for the seven people who signed up for "Surviving Nugent," a two-hour reality program that airs Sunday night on VH1.

Ted Nugent, the outspoken rocker and outdoors enthusiast, challenges the contestants or "the monkeys" as he calls them to live off the land in his rural compound near Jackson, about 70 miles west of Detroit.

The contestants, who include a vegan, a gay man and an urban tough guy, are eliminated one by one as the Motor City Madman sees fit. The last one standing wins the loot and the vehicle.

Along for the ride are Nugent's wife, Shemane, son, Rocco, and his "blood brother," Big Jim, who drives the eliminated contestants down a dirt road in a pickup truck.

"We're showing off our self-sufficient, Neanderthal lifestyle," Nugent, 54, told The Associated Press. "If you can't derive some entertainment from that, you're weird."

"Surviving Nugent" is scheduled for one airing, but VH1 might make it an ongoing series, said Rob Weiss, head of East Coast programming and development for the channel.

Nugent's no stranger to television he's has appeared on "Miami Vice" and "That 70's Show."

"I would like to think that if they can edit this, conveying the humor and the tension and drama we felt, it will be successful," he said. "I think I'm just goofy enough and the contestants tried hard enough, that it's gotta be entertaining."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Ted Nugent Enters World of Reality TV
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 01:25:58 PM »
OK..I watched the first one and had the quilty pleasure of catching Surviving Nugent 2 on VH1
I was hooked after watching the first 10 minutes...Its weird and bizzare..and I loved it..Did any one else watch this??  ;D

Offline Mamaschatzi

• Mama , Robs First Angel
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
Re: Ted Nugent Enters World of Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 05:37:40 PM »
I've caught it a couple of times Puddin on that rare occasion that I'm flipping channels.  It was kinda wierd and I never really got hooked.   
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together.....Creed