Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 391962 times)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2012, 08:42:41 AM »
The Sixpack alliance is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen on this show. The cast of TAR21 was getting dangerously close to Cho levels of stupidity.

I wish I could agree more with this comment, but it is physically impossible! :cmaslol

I love Season 10 the best! It had the most diverse cast ever!  :cmas9

Ironically, that was the reason I didn't like the cast, it seemed like they were trying to hard to be diverse.

Same for this comment.

(I liked the diversity but all of the decent teams besides the Beauty Queens were out by Leg 3, so it was an awful cast from there onwards for me.)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2012, 09:40:09 AM »
The Sixpack alliance is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen on this show. The cast of TAR21 was getting dangerously close to Cho levels of stupidity.

I wish I could agree more with this comment, but it is physically impossible! :cmaslol

Ironically, that was the reason I didn't like the cast, it seemed like they were trying to hard to be diverse.

Same for this comment.

(I liked the diversity but all of the decent teams besides the Beauty Queens were out by Leg 3, so it was an awful cast from there onwards for me.)

Kellie & Jamie were decent? I don't remember a peep about them besides them getting lost in the second leg :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2012, 07:22:17 PM »

Same for this comment.

Kellie & Jamie were decent? I don't remember a peep about them besides them getting lost in the second leg :cmaslol

Well obviously they weren't memorable. How many teams eliminated within two legs are memorable? Very few.

But if Kellie & Jamie had made it further (as well as other teams eliminated within Legs 1-3) the cast would've worked out much more nicely in my opinion.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2012, 10:39:45 PM »
I thought season 10's routing was truly exotic, but the cast was entirely decent in my opinion. Diversity isn't a very big factor for me as long as each team was tolerable.

Bilal & Sa'eed- They were competitive, surprised everyone by leaving in 1st during the Seattle start line, but I just thought they were another Steve & Dave.

Vipul & Arti - Unique sweethearts, I loved them, something about them spoke to my mind to adore their spirits.

Kellie & Jamie - rather fit and weak competitors on air, if they stayed longer, they might have became a Katie & Rachel.

Duke & Lauren - Decent, but not very memorable
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline PPlys

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • When will TAR ever be shown on Dansh TV?
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2012, 05:38:24 AM »
As a Dane I do have some comments for the episodes in Denmark in season 19:

I just spent an hour NOT finding a match.  I had figured it was part of an old private residence, but didn't think about the royal residences!  :groan:

It is not our royal castle - Amalienborg

http://goo.gl/szIeJ
http://goo.gl/fK1u0

And as you can see it is very close to Havet (the pitstop) http://goo.gl/F5n9X

But it is the castle with out parliament - Christiansborg

http://goo.gl/RYinJ
http://goo.gl/vYXRp

And the guy in top hat might be our next Don Giovanni :lol:

Sorry he was so dull.

They could take a train to Billund. I once did this route myself & it's not too far & the trains were very convenient.

You can't take a train to Billund. You can take the train to Vejle and then a bus from Vejle to Billund.

Did anyone mention this? The Hans Christian Andersen quote was on an "amazing" plaque...

Else it may have been in danish ;)

Another flaw in this episode. When they are driving from Copenhagen to Billund there are a helicopershoot of this bridge:

But it is Öresundsbroen between Denmark and Sweden (the longest combined road and rail bridge in Europe)

http://goo.gl/NsDHj

The are actually passing Storebæltsbroen (The suspension bridge, known as the East Bridge, has the world's third longest main span (1.6 km), and the longest outside of Asia)

http://goo.gl/7JmMW

But it is shurely because that they got a helicopter in Copenhagen and didn't want to fly the 100 km for a picture of the right bridge.

And the Frederiksborg slot will translate into Frederiks castle castle. The first castle is like a stronghold and the second castle is the livingplace for royals. And Frederik is a name. Our crownprince is Frederik X.

The pistop 'Havet' translates into 'The Sea'. So you can't write The Havet. Then it is The The Sea ;)
Why can't I pick the winning team?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2013, 05:19:27 AM »
:lol3:

Eh IDK I really liked TAR6. REBECCA <33333333333333333 GUS & HERA <333333333 KRIS & JON <333333333333333333 MEREDITH & MARIA <3333333333333333333333 DON AND MARY JEAN <33333333333333333333333 LENA & KRISTY <3333333333333333

Racer and I have a hypothesis that if Rebecca and Zach team up in TAR that they will be at the finish line by the time all the other teams have completed the first leg. :lol:

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2013, 09:25:59 PM »
Ya season 6 had so many likeable people. Avi & Joe <333333 as well, tough way to go out. Plus Lori and Bolo were just pure comedy also
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2013, 09:35:56 AM »
Ya season 6 had so many likeable people. Avi & Joe <333333 as well, tough way to go out. Plus Lori and Bolo were just pure comedy also
It stinks how all the M/M and F/F teams were eliminated in the first three episodes. :lol: All I meant was the painful AMOUNT of dating and engaged teams that season like Adam & Rebecca, Hayden & Aaron, Kris & Jon, and Freddy & Kendra.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2013, 05:21:19 PM »
and Jonathan.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2013, 07:44:48 PM »
and Jonathan.
I believe he and Victoria were somehow married than dating/engaged.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2013, 07:53:10 PM »
and Jonathan.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2013, 09:52:05 PM »
and Jonathan.
Of course they were, but bwils' point was that the nastiness displayed by Jonathan made AR6 one of the least attractive Amazing Races ever.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2013, 10:47:41 PM »
and Jonathan.
Of course they were, but bwils' point was that the nastiness displayed by Jonathan made AR6 one of the least attractive Amazing Races ever.
O.K... got your point. I was thinking of the amount of near-matrimonial teams than already married in that season.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2013, 12:33:35 AM »
I think the both of them are still pretty much in love after the show.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2013, 12:47:19 AM »
I know a lot of viewers were turned off by Jonathan and swore never to watch again because of that casting.
It's hard to tell if those viewers eventually came back; but I fast forward through Jonathan when I do happen to rewatch season 6 simply because Kris and Jon remain one of my all time favorite teams, and they can still be ranked as one of the best teams to compete on TAR.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2013, 12:47:50 PM »
The only thing I have to say about Season 6 (besides that it is one of my absolute favorites), is that Lena & Kristy totally would have won if Leg 3 hadn't happened to them.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »
The only thing I have to say about Season 6 (besides that it is one of my absolute favorites), is that Lena & Kristy totally would have won if Leg 3 hadn't happened to them.

LENA AND KRISTY <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2013, 02:10:38 PM »
I doubt it. They honestly weren't that great of a team. I think Debbie & Bianca were a better team overall.

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »
Lena and Kristy were constantly 3rd or 4th throughout most of the leg.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2013, 10:00:55 PM »
Talking about the donkeys on the next leg, something brought back from the past:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eEsBT40F82w?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eEsBT40F82w?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_</a>
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2013, 10:16:58 PM »
Talking about the donkeys on the next leg, something brought back from the past:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eEsBT40F82w?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eEsBT40F82w?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_</a>
Ethiopia love! :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:

"I can't breath!"

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2013, 05:29:44 PM »
The donkeys were the big hit in the opening Mexico leg at the start of TAR 3.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2013, 05:36:35 PM »
And who can forget the donkeys from Season 12's premiere?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2013, 05:37:46 AM »
Are Uchenna & Joyce now divorced?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2013, 07:15:24 AM »
Are Uchenna & Joyce now divorced?

Yes.  :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.