Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 392975 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #775 on: March 28, 2019, 11:18:08 AM »
Got 'em!

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #776 on: March 29, 2019, 06:46:51 PM »
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 03:06:46 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #777 on: April 20, 2019, 10:34:46 PM »
I just rewatched S20 Leg 10 (India) and during the Detour, Art & JJ are like "Let's pretend to be Dave & Rachel!" and JJ starts berating Art, saying things like "Shut up Rachel! You're my partner not my wife, you're so weak!"

1. I did not remember this Art & JJ moment happening. Very immature of them but it was kind of funny, lol.
2. It made me wonder just how badly Dave treated Rachel.. because for JJ to be saying those things... yikes...

I'm aware there's a few S20 Insider Videos available on YouTube. There's a few videos of Rachel & Dave bickering that didn't make the air. Boy S20's cast was extremely dysfunctional and I loved it lmao.

Edit: I completely forgot about Vanessa accusing Brendon & Rachel of cheating during the Detour. Vanessa was so obsessed with Rachel for literally no reason. But Rachel's "WHY ARE YOU STARTING DRAMA ON THE MAT?!" is so underrated :funny:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:39:16 PM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #778 on: April 21, 2019, 05:24:24 PM »
It really didn't happen all that often, but Dave was a military man and sometimes treated Rachel like one of his subordinates. I seem to recall this really getting under her skin when they were in Japan.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #779 on: April 23, 2019, 07:12:36 AM »
I just rewatched S20 Leg 10 (India) and during the Detour, Art & JJ are like "Let's pretend to be Dave & Rachel!" and JJ starts berating Art, saying things like "Shut up Rachel! You're my partner not my wife, you're so weak!"

1. I did not remember this Art & JJ moment happening. Very immature of them but it was kind of funny, lol.
2. It made me wonder just how badly Dave treated Rachel.. because for JJ to be saying those things... yikes...

I'm aware there's a few S20 Insider Videos available on YouTube. There's a few videos of Rachel & Dave bickering that didn't make the air. Boy S20's cast was extremely dysfunctional and I loved it lmao.

Edit: I completely forgot about Vanessa accusing Brendon & Rachel of cheating during the Detour. Vanessa was so obsessed with Rachel for literally no reason. But Rachel's "WHY ARE YOU STARTING DRAMA ON THE MAT?!" is so underrated :funny:

Season 20, will never be forgotten, the cast is like one big dysfunctional family. A hot mess. :funny:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #780 on: April 23, 2019, 08:34:31 AM »

Season 20, will never be forgotten, the cast is like one big dysfunctional family. A hot mess. :funny:
Don't forget about Kerri & Stacy's unaired feud with Vanessa & Ralph. I'm shocked their interactions with them didn't make the air.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #781 on: April 23, 2019, 10:38:38 PM »
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 03:07:01 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #782 on: April 23, 2019, 10:50:00 PM »
It really didn't happen all that often, but Dave was a military man and sometimes treated Rachel like one of his subordinates. I seem to recall this really getting under her skin when they were in Japan.

Dave the airforce pilot? they won the title and most legs didnt they?

The first team to win 8 legs was Marc & Rovilson in TAR Asia 2. Also 8 legs is the max legs any team has won, Marc & Rovilson and Rachel & Dave are tied for this record. No team has won 9 legs in a single race
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:09:08 PM by NELs »

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #783 on: April 24, 2019, 05:16:14 AM »
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 07:49:33 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #784 on: April 24, 2019, 06:20:40 AM »

The first team to win 8 legs was Marc & Rovilson in TAR Asia 2. Also 8 legs is the max legs any team has won, Marc & Rovilson and Rachel & Dave are tied for this record. No team has won 9 legs in a single race

dave is holding record for TARUS right?

Yes, Rachel & Dave holds the record for TAR: US. 1-1-6-2-4-1-1-2-1-1-1-1.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #785 on: April 24, 2019, 10:00:49 AM »

Don't forget about Kerri & Stacy's unaired feud with Vanessa & Ralph. I'm shocked their interactions with them didn't make the air.

Saw that scene. I wish it was shown. Kerri & Stacy are like a broken record.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #786 on: April 24, 2019, 06:30:37 PM »
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 03:07:20 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #787 on: May 19, 2019, 06:48:50 PM »

He's not Air Force. He flies whirlybird helicopters. Wait he's not even in the "real army" he's a National Guard officer.

https://amazingrace.fandom.com/wiki/Rachel_%26_Dave

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #788 on: May 19, 2019, 09:09:39 PM »
TAR really missed an opportunity for an epic two-side battle on TAR20. Instead of just focusing on Rachel vs Vanessa, they really should've set up this epic battle between Rachel & Brendon/Nary & Jamie/Mark & Bopper/Kerri & Stacy/Joey Fitness & Danny and Ralph & Vanessa/Art & JJ/Twins/Rachel & Dave.

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #789 on: May 23, 2019, 05:43:25 PM »
This might be an unpopular opinion but I loved S28's Dubai visit. The only self-drive of the season and it really brought out the worst of some teams (cough, Dana & Matt) Racers these days are so lucky they don't have to deal with too much self-navigation.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #790 on: May 23, 2019, 09:01:39 PM »
This might be an unpopular opinion but I loved S28's Dubai visit. The only self-drive of the season and it really brought out the worst of some teams (cough, Dana & Matt) Racers these days are so lucky they don't have to deal with too much self-navigation.
Don't forget Maria & Tiffany had transmission troubles during their first Dubai leg. A car not working properly is like the end of the world to some teams (aka Kynt & Vyxsin).
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #791 on: May 24, 2019, 09:28:58 PM »
I wish
TAR US have some brainer F/F teams, and head to head shouldn't be used to eliminate team(s)
TAR Canada have more international legs
TAR Asia have legs outside Asia/Pacific
TAR Israel switches some ARI tasks to Detour/roadblock tasks
TAR Vietnam casts more normal racers, and travel outside VN (might face a problem with visa issues)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #792 on: May 24, 2019, 10:16:29 PM »
I wish
TAR US have some brainer F/F teams, and head to head shouldn't be used to eliminate team(s)
TAR Canada have more international legs
TAR Asia have legs outside Asia/Pacific
TAR Israel switches some ARI tasks to Detour/roadblock tasks
TAR Vietnam casts more normal racers, and travel outside VN (might face a problem with visa issues)

TAR Asia did do once legs outside Asia/Pacifc region a decade ago.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #793 on: June 06, 2019, 07:34:33 AM »
I do miss big tantrum like in old TAR
Swarm stupidity

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #794 on: June 06, 2019, 12:12:36 PM »
Maybe I'm going crazy, but in a previous season, did a team get penalized for not having all their clues when they checked in? Was this because they lost one? or because they just skipped one?
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #795 on: June 06, 2019, 12:23:32 PM »
Maybe I'm going crazy, but in a previous season, did a team get penalized for not having all their clues when they checked in? Was this because they lost one? or because they just skipped one?

On TAR US, there is no penalty for losing clues. Teams must physically pick up and read each clue in order to check in. Tara & Wil lost one of their clues in the final leg and received no penalty. On TAR Vietnam, there is a penalty for losing clues.

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #796 on: June 06, 2019, 12:26:12 PM »

On TAR US, there is no penalty for losing clues. Teams must physically pick up and read each clue in order to check in. Tara & Wil lost one of their clues in the final leg and received no penalty. On TAR Vietnam, there is a penalty for losing clues.
Right, but i swear i have a memory of a US TAR team getting penalized for losing (or at the very least missing) a clue.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #797 on: June 06, 2019, 01:47:09 PM »

Right, but i swear i have a memory of a US TAR team getting penalized for losing (or at the very least missing) a clue.
Freddy & Kendra in Norway iirc

Anyhoo, I was reading up on Rachel (:torche) and I read that there was an off screen airport fight or some sort of secret scene in TAR20 Leg 3 (Paraguay  :2hearts:) What was that about?? Does anyone have any link  of that?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #798 on: June 06, 2019, 04:32:58 PM »
Freddy & Kendra got a penalty for taking an extra clue from the clue box. There was no penalty for losing any clues.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #799 on: June 06, 2019, 11:18:23 PM »
One of the greatest mystery in The Amazing Race, who pull the iron gate down and hit Jon in Leg 6 TAR S06?
Swarm stupidity