Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 392990 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #675 on: July 02, 2018, 07:01:38 PM »
How hard is it to put the U-TURN AFTER the DETOUR?

Offline Palperro

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • aka Paldog aka Paldog123456
« Reply #676 on: July 02, 2018, 07:08:14 PM »
I'm not a fan of the U-Turn before the Detour, but I think production does it to try to make sure that the team that is U-Turned actually has to do the other side of the Detour - teams would often misjudge who was behind them, making it useless. Also, once teams started 'teaming up' on the Double U-Turn (i.e. like TAR 19 when teams ganged up to eliminate Abby/Ryan), the producers wanted to focus on teams doing the other Detour.
Por ti volaré

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #677 on: July 02, 2018, 08:22:36 PM »
First time I watched: Didn't like this team

Now: I love this team. They make me want another ordinary people cast.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DwiJkonHJME" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DwiJkonHJME</a>
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #678 on: July 02, 2018, 08:26:30 PM »
Lumilia <3333333333333333333333333333333

If TAR Aus EVER has an All-Stars edition, these two NEED to be on it!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:33:01 PM by BourkieBoy »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #679 on: July 02, 2018, 09:13:25 PM »
Lumilia is truly one of my favorites of all-time! :funny:

I was going through Wikipedia one day a few years ago to see how international versions stacked up and was so interested in the placements for Lucy & Emilia that I had to watch TAR Australia 2. On first showing of them, I immediately loved them! I was not disappointed throughout the time they were on my screen. I had never laughed for and cheered so hard for a team to avoid elimination before in every episode.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #680 on: July 03, 2018, 12:58:19 AM »
Lumelia is the legendary example of 'You never know what will happen on The Amazing Race! It is not over until it is over!'.
Even themselves would have never thought that they could reach 5th place after coming last or second to last for almost all of the legs :funny:

Their faces at the pit-stop mats (especially leg 2, 4 and 7) are golds not even of TAR:AU, but also the whole TAR franchise  :cheer:
In terms of luck, these two truly got the most among all the teams, even suppressing Dandrew  :cheer:

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #681 on: July 03, 2018, 03:00:51 AM »
Someone CC Dånooky  :lol:

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #682 on: July 03, 2018, 05:57:01 AM »
First time I watched: Didn't like this team

Ok but fr tho did you seriously not like Lumilia on your first time watch?? How?? Like what made you dislike/hate them??

Gra1162

« Reply #683 on: July 03, 2018, 07:47:44 AM »
Loved Lucy and Emilia they were engergetic funny hilarious but I was so afraid for them on the 4th Leg because of the police

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #684 on: July 03, 2018, 04:39:12 PM »
Lumilia are one of the only teams to lose their voice during the Race. One of them (forget who) could barely talk during India/UAE.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Gra1162

« Reply #685 on: July 03, 2018, 08:50:55 PM »
Lumilia are one of the only teams to lose their voice during the Race. One of them (forget who) could barely talk during India/UAE.
I think it was Emilia

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #686 on: July 04, 2018, 08:47:12 AM »
So thinking about returning Racers, how did your opinions of them change season-to-season? Better? Same? Worse?

Here's my lists.

TAR11
Show content
Eric = Worse (Like>Dislike)
Danielle = Same (Meh)
Dustin & Kandice = Better (Slight Dislike>Like)
Charla & Mirna = Better (Love>Super Love!)
Oswald & Danny = Same (Like)
Uchenna & Joyce = Same (Like)
Joe & Bill = Better (Dislike>Like)
Teri & Ian = Same (Love)
Rob & Amber = Same (Dislike)
David & Mary = Same (Like/Love)
Kevin & Drew = Same (Like)
John Vito & Jill = Same (Love)

TAR18
Show content
Kisha & Jen = Same (Like)
Flight Time & Big Easy = Worse
Gary & Mallory = Same (Love)
Zev & Justin = Same (Okay)
Kent & Vyxsin = Better (Like to Like a little more lol)
Jet & Cord = Worse
Ron & Christina = Same (Love)
Margie & Luke (TAR15>TAR18) = Better (Hated>Like)
Jamie & Cara = Same (Like)
Mel & Mike = Same (Okay)
Amanda & Kris = Same (Okay)

TAR24
Show content
Dave & Connor = MUCH Worse (Like>Hate)
Caroline & Jennifer = Worse (Okay> Hate)
Brendon & Rachel = Better (Love>Love Even More)
Leo & Jamal = Better (Meh>Okay)
Jet & Cord = Worse
Flight Time & Big Easy = Worse
Jessica & Jon = Better (Meh>Okay)
Margie & Luke (TAR18>TAR24) - Same (Like)
Joey & Meghan = Better (Annoyed>Like)
Mark = Same (Like)
Mallory (TAR17/18 > 24) = Same (Love)
Natalie & Nadiya = Same (Love)

Okay I was wanting to do this, just haven't had the time, so here is mine:

TAR11
Show content
Eric = Worse (Like>Dislike)
Danielle = Same (Meh)
Dustin & Kandice = Better (Slight Dislike>Like)
Charla & Mirna = Better (Slight Dislike>Like) (I actually like Charla but Mirna can get on my nerves)
Oswald & Danny = Better (Love>Super Love!)
Uchenna & Joyce = Same (Love)
Joe & Bill = Better (Dislike>Meh)
Teri & Ian = Same (Like)
Rob & Amber = Same (Hate)
David & Mary = Same (Like/Love)
Kevin & Drew = Worse (Like>Dislike)
John Vito & Jill = Same (Meh)

TAR18
Show content
Kisha & Jen = Better (Dislike>Meh)
Flight Time & Big Easy = Better (Love>Super Love!)
Gary & Mallory = Same (Love)
Zev & Justin =Better (Like>Like More)
Kent & Vyxsin = Same (Love)
Jet & Cord = Better (Love>Super Love!)
Ron & Christina = Same (Like)
Margie & Luke = Better (Like>Love)
Jamie & Cara = Same (Meh)
Mel & Mike = Worse (Like>Okay)
Amanda & Kris = Same (Okay)

TAR24
Show content
Dave & Connor = Worse (Love>Like)
Caroline & Jennifer = Better (Dislike>Meh)
Brendon & Rachel = Better (Hate>Really Dislike)
Leo & Jamal = Same (Love)
Jet & Cord = Same (Super Love)
Flight Time & Big Easy = Worse (Super Love>Love)
Jessica & Jon = Better (Slight Dislike>Meh)
Margie & Luke (TAR18>TAR24) - Same (Love)
Joey & Meghan = Same (Okay)
Mark = Same (Love)
Mallory = Same (Love)
Natalie & Nadiya = Same (HATE)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #687 on: July 04, 2018, 11:08:49 PM »
 In Big Brother, the first person to walk into the house does not win. It's been a curse since the beginning. I was wondering if there was a curse in Amazing Race, particularly at the start line. Does the starting line lineup matter? Is there a spot that is cursed?

To investigate, I decide to compare data from all the team lineups at the startline for the Amazing Race Canada. Data goes from left to right from Jon's perspective.

Red - Last Place Green - Top 5 Yellow - Winner

Here's what we can conclude from the first 5 seasons:

Any team that is 3rd to the 9th position has a good chance to win. None of the winners have been the first 2 in the lineup and past the 9th position.

The 1st team in the lineup is in a position that alternates between red (last place) and green (top 5). Even though 2 teams aren't red and green, the pattern is still there.

The 2nd team in the lineup aren't winners, top 5 or first out. Seems like this position is cursed.

The 3rd team in the lineup has always been in the top 5.

The 4th team in the lineup is in a position that alternates between yellow (winners) and green (top 5). Even though 1 team isn't yellow or green, the pattern is still there.

The 9th team in the lineup is in a position that alternates between yellow (winners) and green (top 5). Even though 1 team isn't yellow or green, the pattern is still there.

Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #688 on: August 10, 2018, 07:14:10 PM »
I just saw a half of Team Roller Derby from TAR22 on TKO (ripoff Wipeout) tonight!

Fun fact I learned: She can deadlift 350 lbs!
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #689 on: August 26, 2018, 02:53:40 AM »
With the passing Saturday evening (U,S. Time) of Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.), it reminded me that TAR sent racers to the prison cell in Hanoi, where he was held as a P.O.W. for 5 and a half years during the Vietnam War, It was a route marker task in Leg 3 of TAR 10.
-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #690 on: August 26, 2018, 03:07:49 AM »
With the passing Saturday evening (U,S. Time) of Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.), it reminded me that TAR sent racers to the prison cell in Hanoi, where he was held as a P.O.W. for 5 and a half years during the Vietnam War, It was a route marker task in Leg 3 of TAR 10.
Yes, a really wonderful moment. Especially when the Cho Bros and Tom & Terry, I believe, stopped to pay their respects as well.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #691 on: August 26, 2018, 03:41:21 AM »
RIP John McCain! :(  :'(

Gra1162

« Reply #692 on: August 26, 2018, 03:54:57 AM »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #694 on: September 12, 2018, 02:08:10 PM »
I find it funny how sometimes the older seasons have outdated information. In TAR 3 episode 2 in the "Previously on..." segment it says Mexico City is the most populated city in the world. Now it is not, the crown goes to Tokyo, Japan now.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #695 on: October 06, 2018, 09:30:59 AM »
I find it funny how sometimes the older seasons have outdated information. In TAR 3 episode 2 in the "Previously on..." segment it says Mexico City is the most populated city in the world. Now it is not, the crown goes to Tokyo, Japan now.
It's crazy to look back and see how modern messaging has changed over the course of the show too.

In TAR1, we first saw Matt & Ana dialing a payphone in NYC to call a ticketing office. TAR3 stomped on in and the show brought out T-Mobile flip phones in Niouc as that was the "it" technology. Later, TAR8 arrived and we saw the families logging into the now-obsolete AOL instant messenger. TAR12 showed us teams receiving video messages from home on Blackberry screens while driving to Tuscany. And now, recently with TAR29, the producers acknowledged smartphones are the new "it" thing by having teams officially use an iPhone to book tickets to Milan.

Now I wonder when they will use holograms to send messages from home. :funny:

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #696 on: October 06, 2018, 09:40:48 AM »
It's crazy to look back and see how modern messaging has changed over the course of the show too.

In TAR1, we first saw Matt & Ana dialing a payphone in NYC to call a ticketing office. TAR3 stomped on in and the show brought out T-Mobile flip phones in Niouc as that was the "it" technology. Later, TAR8 arrived and we saw the families logging into the now-obsolete AOL instant messenger. TAR12 showed us teams receiving video messages from home on Blackberry screens while driving to Tuscany. And now, recently with TAR29, the producers acknowledged smartphones are the new "it" thing by having teams officially use an iPhone to book tickets to Milan.

Don't forget in TAR 3 there was a whole stretch of legs where teams won Kodak Easyshare Cameras.  :funny:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #697 on: October 06, 2018, 09:44:49 AM »

Don't forget in TAR 3 there was a whole stretch of legs where teams won Kodak Easyshare Cameras.  :funny:
I wonder if the teams actually still have the Kodak cameras as souvenirs or if they gifted them to their friends and relatives. Someone please ask Teri & Ian or Flo what they did with their prize. This is a question that should have a resolution.
 :)x

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #698 on: October 06, 2018, 04:18:53 PM »
"You gotta hit six numbers to get a live human being on the phone!"
  -Drew
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #699 on: October 06, 2018, 06:46:34 PM »
I recently rewatched season 4 and during the whole "Rape Train" issue in India I was actually disgusted with the way Jon reacted when Kelly told him she was getting groped. (Instead of helping her, he groped her himself behind her back pretending to be someone else). Also, teams in Seasons 3 and 4 tended to be very lewd and nasty with each other.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move