Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 392909 times)

Gra1162

Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #625 on: March 21, 2018, 05:54:50 AM »
My fav season has to be 17 and my fav eposide has to be the 9th cause the introduction of double u turns however brook and cliar got u turned  :furious:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #626 on: March 21, 2018, 08:45:28 AM »
TAR22 is my favourite season of all time <33333333
Is it the first you ever watched? (no shade intended)
TAR 22 is one of my Top 5 seasons alongside TAR 3, 5, 12 and 29  :cheer:

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #627 on: March 21, 2018, 08:47:31 AM »
I just rewatched season 22 and I love Caroline & Jennifer even more :luvya: They are so sweet to everyone
 And I like their flirt to Bates & Anthony  :cheer:

But I am not sure should I go on to rewatch TAR24 for them because of the intolerable Dave :duno:

Yass. They were such a surprisingly strong FF. They were always messing up here and there but somehow they ended up snagging 4th in s22 and 2nd in s24, a placement paralleled with Dustin and Kandice.
Don't rewatch TAR 24. Not just because of Dave, but like in general. The season is very boring, tasks are very bland, they only visit USA, Asia and Europe. Blah.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #628 on: April 08, 2018, 08:04:14 AM »
If you watch TAR season 1 episode 1, you can see the Twin Towers aka World Trade Center in the background at the beginning. TAR season 1 was filmed just months before 9/11. Also, the first episode aired a week before 9/11. Miss the Twin Towers. RIP to the victims.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #629 on: April 08, 2018, 08:20:05 AM »
If you watch TAR season 1 episode 1, you can see the Twin Towers aka World Trade Center in the background at the beginning. TAR season 1 was filmed just months before 9/11. Also, the first episode aired a week before 9/11. Miss the Twin Towers. RIP to the victims.

Yes, this is sad. To think at the time international travel was frowned upon due to 9/11. It was unfortunate for TAR at the time. The first season did just enough to have a second season. It's weird to think about these things and how the world changed. Did you know that Jill of John Vito and Jill was originally going to be in the first season with her brother. Unfortunately her brother died due to 9/11. So John Vito and Jill were put in the third season to honor him.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #630 on: April 08, 2018, 08:37:27 AM »
Since everyone is talking about their favorite season. I'll give mine. My favorite season is TAR 10. This one word can describe why I like this season so much: Diversity. This is what I would like to call the most diverse season of all time. To the route, cast, tasks, and pretty much everything. The majority of the tasks in this season seemed tough as well. This season visits the most countries as well: 13. All the unique countries this season were great to watch. If you were to ask me who my favorite team this season was, I wouldn't be able to decide. I liked them all due to the extreme diversity this season had.

Since Lemontail mentioned TAR 1, I'm one of the people who appreciated it. I think everyone should watch this season to see how it all began. This season feels very different from the other season. TAR 1 and TAR 2 feel like completely different shows if I'm being honest. That is to be expected. If you look at the pilot or first episode of any show, then watch the rest of it. They do feel different. I did like both Tunisia legs, as they were a classic, just the main challenge in the second was just driving through the desert. They are my favorite legs this season. My favorite team this season was Kevin and Drew, because they were hilarious. I did like how in the first season they visited the most famous places possible. The first route is also a classic. I did like how this season ended, with all the dramatic music and Rob and Brennan becoming the first ever winners. Team Guido falling behind by a day. Although Team Guido were my least favorite team in TAR 1, I felt kind of bad for them at the end. This season is a Top 10 of mine.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #631 on: April 08, 2018, 06:57:05 PM »
My all-time favourite is TAR22. The route, the cast, the countries were visited. Just AMAZING!

As for TAR1, I really didn't quite enjoy it. My favourite of that season, were the China legs outward. And I chills watching Rob and Brennan running to the finish line, with that music! <33333

Also, Frank and Margarita thinking they won, when they didn't <33333333

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #632 on: April 09, 2018, 07:40:29 AM »
My favorite would have to be TAR 9. Honestly, it was just the most fun to watch. The cast, location, the drama, the dynamics, and of course, the hilarity from BJ and Tyler. And the tasks. All-around great season.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #633 on: April 09, 2018, 01:09:06 PM »
They were probably meant to be on the second season, not the first.
I've definitely seen something like that before.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #634 on: April 09, 2018, 04:02:53 PM »
They were probably meant to be on the second season, not the first.
I've definitely seen something like that before.

They say explicitly during their team introduction that they were supposed to be on the first season.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #635 on: April 09, 2018, 05:16:00 PM »
How does NELs' statement make sense then, with what Leafs pointed out?

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #636 on: April 09, 2018, 06:19:30 PM »
Probably was cut last minute in TAR 1, then saved for TAR 2, but her brother died, so Jill applied again with John Vito for TAR 3.  :duno:
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #637 on: April 09, 2018, 07:09:00 PM »
Wait, Jill and F.T (her brother), were supposed to be on TAR 1?

Am I missing something?

TAR 1 was filmed in March and 9/11 happened in September...

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #638 on: April 09, 2018, 07:15:16 PM »
From IMDb: "Jill and her brother F.T. were originally applied for Season 1. Later, her brother was killed in 9/11, and John Vito and Jill race in remembrance of him during Season 3."

Bad grammar aside, they applied for season 1 but didn't make the final cut.

Season 1 filmed March 2001 & season 2 filmed January 2002.

Also currently rewatching TAR 2 and it's so strange watching an immediate post-9/11 world. You definitely see hints at that especially in airports that season.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #639 on: April 10, 2018, 01:23:16 AM »
Completely different from everything everyone was talking about...

Can we talk about how great the reactions were in the penultimate episode of 27 when Phil said that Team Green was receiving penalties? I mean they are HILARIOUS  :lol:

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #640 on: May 08, 2018, 04:04:44 AM »
Season 6 is my favourite because of the suspense, task design, locations and entertainment factor. I didn't agree with the winners for obvious reasons, but it was the most likable season for me.

Other favourite seasons are 3, 5, 7, 18 and 22 (in that order).

Worst season is 24 and 30 (sorry I didn't like it)
Wadsy

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #641 on: May 08, 2018, 11:57:34 PM »
I just had a thought from one of the fantasy games, that kind of validates the placement of U-Turns before Detour.
If you know "in advance" that you are U-Turned, you actually have a better fighting chance, as you first complete both tasks, and then proceed to the next Route Marker. If you were U-Turned after doing one of the Detour tasks, you'd have to go back to the other detour, and then go back to the board again. So you actually waste time backtracking.

I don't think I hate that idea as much now.

Gra1162

« Reply #642 on: May 09, 2018, 12:15:12 AM »
My fav seasons has to to 17 and 14 it was the first season i watched even though i don't get most of it since i was 4 and the first episode was eposide 1 of 17 and i immdetly loved brook and cliar then 2 mouths later it tvb showed tar 14 and i watched the 3rd eposide of it and i loved jamie and cara  :luvya:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #643 on: May 13, 2018, 07:27:35 PM »
So does anyone know the reason why Season 3 and Season 11 had back to back NELs? I presume it is to do with the eliminations the leg before.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #644 on: May 14, 2018, 10:33:28 AM »
So does anyone know the reason why Season 3 and Season 11 had back to back NELs? I presume it is to do with the eliminations the leg before.
For season 3, they eliminated a team after every leg until they got down to final five and more than likely wanted to fill that 13-leg quota and still keep that two-legger final three.

Season 11... I would definitely point to Uchenna & Joyce missing their connection flight. The producers probably feared to have another Joe & Bill and David & Jeff fiasco.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #645 on: May 14, 2018, 10:37:22 AM »
I started watching TAR at season 20 until now (but I haven't seen 21 lol), so I started watching all the seasons I haven't seen!
I like to see randomly, with the All Stars being the lasts ones.
I already saw season 16, 3 and I'm now with season 7, and I must say it's a really good one!
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #646 on: May 14, 2018, 10:40:19 AM »
You should watch season 17 next, if you still haven't seen it. :)
My top 5 season of all time.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #647 on: May 14, 2018, 04:56:19 PM »
17 was my first season! A great season. Although it kind of spoils all the seasons leading up to it, so you may want to watch more of the earlier seasons first

Gra1162

« Reply #648 on: May 15, 2018, 12:02:33 AM »
17 was my first season! A great season. Although it kind of spoils all the seasons leading up to it, so you may want to watch more of the earlier seasons first
me too but I was 4  :lol: :funny:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #649 on: May 25, 2018, 04:58:40 PM »
Lucy and Emilia make me want another ordinary people season.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!