Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 392997 times)

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #600 on: January 22, 2018, 04:26:52 PM »
I enjoyed the tasks for both legs in 14 and 21- especially 21

The leg in season 5 was pretty good from what I can remember (haven’t watched it in ages)

Season 9’s leg had the Russian nesting dolls task, which was the main stand out for that leg

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #601 on: January 22, 2018, 04:55:22 PM »
Lately I've been interested in Russian culture and such and was wondering, which is the best TAR episode in Russia? I like the season 13 ones but are there others I should take a closer look at?

TAR5's leg in Russia is my personal favourite

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #602 on: January 28, 2018, 10:32:58 AM »
I'm 100% sure I've posted this before but I want to do it again: an All Stars 2 cast - what could've been.

- Amani & Marcus (S19)
- Andy & Tommy (S19)
- Brendon & Rachel (S20)
- Mark & Bopper (S20)
- Jaymes & James (S21)
- Natalie & Nadiya (S21)
- Max & Katie (S22)
- Caroline & Jennifer (S22)
- Dave & Connor (S22)
- Tim & Marie (S23)
- Leo & Jamal (S23)

I've eliminated: Joey & Meghan, Margie & Luke, John & Jessica, Flight Time & Big Easy, Jet & Cord. 5 teams..

Also I just wanted to say I despise Dave & Connor but I believe they did deserve to come back.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #603 on: January 28, 2018, 03:02:22 PM »
Yeah, however horrible Dave & Connor were, even in hindsight I would still put them on the cast for All-Stars.

But after the way S24 turned out, I hope we never get another All-Stars lol. Just newbie seasons with good casts would be amazing to me.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 05:30:00 PM by Marionete »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #604 on: January 28, 2018, 03:12:12 PM »
Yeah, however horrible Team Cancer was, even in hindsight I would still put them on the cast for All-Stars.

But after the way S24 turned out, I hope we never get another All-Stars lol. Just newbie seasons with good casts would be amazing to me.

But I still think we have a good All-Stars season, with teams from S25-30...

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #605 on: January 28, 2018, 03:33:23 PM »
Yes, I agree that there are enough teams to potentially bring back for All-Stars, but there were also amazing possibilities for S24. And some teams declined, some had commitments, so we ended up with a trash season.

Of course it wasn't just casting, and most of the legs were very weak (with even the cast members saying their original seasons were harder). So I guess it's the overall production value that has turned me off with regard to future All-Stars seasons.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #606 on: January 28, 2018, 03:48:20 PM »
Yeah, however horrible Team Cancer was, even in hindsight I would still put them on the cast for All-Stars.

Stop calling them that. I'm serious. I had a family member who just recently went through cancer, and I spent day after day wondering if he was going to survive. It's extremely insensitive and thoughtless. No-one, not even your worst enemies, should be identified as "cancer".
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #607 on: January 28, 2018, 05:15:18 PM »

Stop calling them that. I'm serious. I had a family member who just recently went through cancer, and I spent day after day wondering if he was going to survive. It's extremely insensitive and thoughtless. No-one, not even your worst enemies, should be identified as "cancer".

Im the same guys. I lost my Aunty and grandpa to this disease in 2016...

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #608 on: January 28, 2018, 05:30:18 PM »
Did not mean to offend anyone, I messaged GB about this.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #609 on: January 28, 2018, 10:54:25 PM »
Dave & Connor absolutely deserved a spot on All-Stars. Who didn't think it was pretty awesome that they still were able to Race even with the busted ankle.

It wasn't until TAR24 *shudder* that they showed just how horrible they could really be.  :snicker:

I'm 100% sure I've posted this before but I want to do it again: an All Stars 2 cast - what could've been.

- Amani & Marcus (S19)
- Andy & Tommy (S19)
- Brendon & Rachel (S20)
- Mark & Bopper (S20)
- Jaymes & James (S21)
- Natalie & Nadiya (S21)
- Max & Katie (S22)
- Caroline & Jennifer (S22)
- Dave & Connor (S22)
- Tim & Marie (S23)
- Leo & Jamal (S23)

I've eliminated: Joey & Meghan, Margie & Luke, John & Jessica, Flight Time & Big Easy, Jet & Cord. 5 teams..

Also I just wanted to say I despise Dave & Connor but I believe they did deserve to come back.

That would've been a great All-Stars cast. Though I'm a Pam & Winnie fan so I'd put them in over Caroline & Jennifer. Though I didn't have a problem with them in TAR22, so maybe it's just because of my opinion of them after TAR24 lol

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #610 on: February 11, 2018, 12:05:56 AM »
Why is this more suspenseful than the last 2, 3, 4, 5 or so seasons?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_TTdy2nVCj0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_TTdy2nVCj0</a>

And this was a race for 2nd. In 2016, they would cut all of this out (ok, maybe not because of Rachel :lol: )

Bringing back this gem because the current season is one of the most poorly edited seasons to date :/

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #611 on: February 12, 2018, 05:13:05 AM »
TAR 30 is the first season since TAR 25 has two consecutive legs without Roadblock (Leg 2-3 for TAR 25, leg 7-8 for TAR 30), for two different purposes (TAR 25 for Bethany's one-arm, TAR 30 for swapping partners), both season have the premiere with plenty of tasks

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #612 on: February 18, 2018, 11:39:04 AM »
Why is this more suspenseful than the last 2, 3, 4, 5 or so seasons?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_TTdy2nVCj0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_TTdy2nVCj0</a>

And this was a race for 2nd. In 2016, they would cut all of this out (ok, maybe not because of Rachel :lol: )

Bringing back this gem because the current season is one of the most poorly edited seasons to date :/

:sera: i feel bad for laughing. To be honest s20 was one of the greatest seasons I've seen. Rachel's melodrama was one of the reasons why the season was so watchable. When she sobered up and returned in s24 I was sooo disappointed (also because s24 was a disappointment in general). But to be frank s30 also has pretty good editing compared to s28, s29. Looking forward to a promising cast in s31, let's hope it's as fun as s20 !

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #613 on: February 18, 2018, 05:01:05 PM »
Rachel's melodrama was one of the reasons why the season was so watchable. When she sobered up and returned in s24 I was sooo disappointed (also because s24 was a disappointment in general).

Oh, I feel completely the opposite. In s20, Rachel had to compete against Dave & Rachel, whom they could not ever hope to beat. In s24 they didn't have competition like this, and it allowed Rachel's head to swell. To me, she became even more insufferable in her second appearance because of how much more arrogant she acted.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #614 on: February 18, 2018, 05:01:41 PM »
Rachel's melodrama was one of the reasons why the season was so watchable. When she sobered up and returned in s24 I was sooo disappointed (also because s24 was a disappointment in general).

Oh, I see it as completely the opposite, though oddly feel the same way. In s20, Rachel had to compete against Dave & Rachel, whom they could not ever hope to beat. In s24 they didn't have competition like this, and it allowed Rachel's head to swell. To me, she became even more insufferable in her second appearance because of how much more arrogant she acted.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #615 on: February 18, 2018, 09:34:40 PM »
I love both TAR20 and TARugh24 Rachel - True All-Star!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #616 on: February 18, 2018, 09:47:05 PM »
As people and racers, I liked them a lot more on TAR24, but as personalities, they were definitely great both times.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #617 on: February 18, 2018, 11:06:51 PM »
Ugh, I just hate Rachel in general.

Brandon's a good bloke, but she's a pain in the ass...

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #618 on: February 19, 2018, 01:39:05 PM »
I just finished rewatching this episode and frankly it was one of the most well-designed legs I've ever seen. Only 1 detour and 1 roadblock, yet it was the toughest thing for the contestants. Loved it.
If you juxtapose the roadblock of dancing whilst balancing a bottle on your head and compare it with the s25e8 detour of playing gostra (?) in Malta, you'll find that these are undoubtedly the toughest balance oriented tasks. In comparison at least the roadblock was accomplished by 9 teams; the gostra detour nobody could finish!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #619 on: March 21, 2018, 01:09:35 AM »
Add season 30 map on the updated post at page 24.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #620 on: March 21, 2018, 02:00:03 AM »
I just rewatched season 22 and I love Caroline & Jennifer even more :luvya: They are so sweet to everyone
 And I like their flirt to Bates & Anthony  :cheer:

But I am not sure should I go on to rewatch TAR24 for them because of the intolerable Dave :duno:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #621 on: March 21, 2018, 02:04:16 AM »
TAR22 is my favourite season of all time <33333333

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #622 on: March 21, 2018, 05:28:08 AM »
Is it the first you ever watched? (no shade intended)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #623 on: March 21, 2018, 05:31:20 AM »
Is it the first you ever watched? (no shade intended)

Nope! Started from TAR18

Gra1162

« Reply #624 on: March 21, 2018, 05:50:21 AM »
I just rewatched season 22 and I love Caroline & Jennifer even more :luvya: They are so sweet to everyone
 And I like their flirt to Bates & Anthony  :cheer:

But I am not sure should I go on to rewatch TAR24 for them because of the intolerable Dave :duno:
Um your a hong konger right cause i been finding tar 22 online and i still can't find it so i only been watch recaps were did u find it anyways.