Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 393002 times)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #525 on: March 23, 2017, 10:35:10 PM »
Ironically, when some said that the premiere of s28 was the one of the best premiere, it was only scored 5.8 on imdb...

While the finale 24 was scored 8 on imdb...

I always refer to IMDB when looking at episode ratings for TV shows, but I NEVER use it for TAR, coz the scoring for TAR is just all over the place  :groan:

Yap you're right...
what might have been

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #526 on: April 01, 2017, 04:18:50 AM »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #527 on: April 02, 2017, 07:05:35 PM »
I miss when pre-season confessionals were at the teams' homes or their own spots instead of having them all take place in the same wooded area.  I was watching the Season 17 pre-season interviews for each team and I seriously miss the way they used to format season premieres.  "The 11 teams are..."

I hate the way they introduce teams (this started in Season 26--they just randomly cut to introduce teams while the race is in action), so annoying!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #528 on: April 02, 2017, 07:14:08 PM »
I hate the way they introduce teams (this started in Season 26--they just randomly cut to introduce teams while the race is in action), so annoying!

Yeah :/

I could understand the reasoning for it for 29 or 26 (considering the former's cast is all-strangers and the latter had some strangers), but there was simply no excuse for that to occur on 27-28. Completely weird and makes the tone feel off (and in 27's case, completely ruins the momentum of the Starting Line Task).

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #529 on: April 06, 2017, 12:01:01 AM »
I think the Season 28 premiere is underappreciated.  Yes, there's no classic starting line.. Yes, it starts off very gimmick-y, but a night Detour, HoO, and a Roadblock all in one leg?!  And all three tasks are actual tasks, compared to like, that Roadblock in 24's premiere (the weird one with the spinning nonsense). 

And a big big plus to those who hate the new editing style:  ALL ELEVEN teams are actually shown picking up clues and completing the tasks (I'm pretty positive on this one... I just rewatched the premiere the other day :lol: ).

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #530 on: April 14, 2017, 08:06:55 PM »
The fact that Bill & Cathi could've won a leg several times :(

Leg 2:  If they didn't mess up at the orphanage (they would've gone from 11th to 1st :o )
Leg 5:  If they just ran to the Pit Stop and beat Amani & Marcus
Leg 8:  I don't remember this leg too well, but maybe if Ernie & Cindy didn't U-Turn they might've had a chance ???

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #531 on: April 15, 2017, 11:21:24 AM »
I miss Phil's voice over narration about the Pit Start city at the beginning of the episode. When did he stop doing it since I notice it's been gone in 29? :P

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #532 on: April 15, 2017, 03:33:23 PM »
Season 26 I believe, so they could focus on all the "romance"
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #533 on: April 16, 2017, 05:54:48 PM »
If there's ONE thing that makes the recent seasons better than Seasons 15-17, it's the fact that they still change the intro clips!  I hope they never stop (if there's a season 30.. :( )

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #534 on: April 25, 2017, 12:05:05 AM »
I haven't watched TAR13 in years so I decided to click on it on Hulu and binged through the first couple of Legs up to Cambodia and really enjoyed them. I've always had TAR13 as a middling season on my all-time list but I really enjoyed the locations, the tasks and there was definitely plenty of team drama. I guess I definitely appreciate it more after, basically, most of the lackluster seasons of the HD Era.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #535 on: April 25, 2017, 09:06:59 AM »
I haven't watched TAR13 in years so I decided to click on it on Hulu and binged through the first couple of Legs up to Cambodia and really enjoyed them. I've always had TAR13 as a middling season on my all-time list but I really enjoyed the locations, the tasks and there was definitely plenty of team drama. I guess I definitely appreciate it more after, basically, most of the lackluster seasons of the HD Era.

This is actually soooooo true! I remember thinking it was a poor Season after the first watch, but remember going back to it a few years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  The only thing that really bugs me is Nick & Star's dominance.  :groan:  And the first 3 boots were my 3 favourite teams.  :'(
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #536 on: April 25, 2017, 09:46:39 AM »
Yeah TAR13 isn't that bad and just kind of suffers from Nick & Starr/Toni & Dallas boringly doing well and airing after TAR12

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #537 on: April 25, 2017, 12:11:31 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to finish the season maybe today after stopping after Episode 5 and just starting Ep 6. But if I remember, it was only after the India Leg and the elimination of the Divorcees when Nick & Starr started taking over and I never was a fan of them.

Ken & Tina were total All-Star material too. Certainly better than a few TARUB teams and at least half of the TAR24 teams.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #538 on: April 25, 2017, 12:44:46 PM »
I loved Ken & Starr! TAR13 is definitely more forgettable than say TAR17, so Brooke & Claire's lack of return stings more, but it's sad anyway. :/

^
Ken & Tina, pardon my typo. :lol:
>>
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:39:42 PM by Marionete »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #539 on: April 25, 2017, 01:17:19 PM »
Ken & Starr? :O

That would make an interesting team-up...

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #540 on: April 25, 2017, 06:23:37 PM »
all I remember from tar 13 was Dallas's lost passport...

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #541 on: April 25, 2017, 08:33:03 PM »
How can you forget the infamous Dandered  :funny:

Ken & Tina are a pair of funny a-bit-older team that we are lancing in recent seasons
I still remember Tina's quote during the Cambodia detouur 'we are going to the dentist, to a pick up some new teeth for me  :funny:

Honesty, I would love either them or Kelly & Christy to come back in a returnee season

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #542 on: April 26, 2017, 01:28:55 AM »
I was really annoyed by Dandrew falling forward so much. I thought they were horrible. But watching them now, I think they're hilarious and fun to watch. I wouldn't want them to win, but them reaching the Final 3 is okay.

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #543 on: April 26, 2017, 05:03:24 AM »
I was really annoyed by Dandrew falling forward so much. I thought they were horrible. But watching them now, I think they're hilarious and fun to watch. I wouldn't want them to win, but them reaching the Final 3 is okay.

Oh my gawd, I loved Dan and Andrew!!!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #544 on: April 26, 2017, 07:11:40 AM »

Ken & Tina are a pair of funny a-bit-older team that we are lancing in recent seasons
I still remember Tina's quote during the Cambodia detouur 'we are going to the dentist, to a pick up some new teeth for me  :funny:

Honesty, I would love either them or Kelly & Christy to come back in a returnee season

I've read rumours that Dandrew were approached for UB.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #545 on: April 26, 2017, 07:28:46 AM »

I've read rumours that Dandrew were approached for UB.
Yes I did too
Thank God they were not chosen
They are all-star material but definitely not having any unfinished business  :groan:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #546 on: April 26, 2017, 07:39:49 AM »
The "rumor" is fact, incidentally.  :angel
I would also argue they had unfinished business but ut's the kind that would implicate the show so I get why that wasn't an option. Even then, a terrible taxi in the finale and wanting to prove they're a good team got Jaime & Cara on the season so :shrug

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #547 on: April 26, 2017, 07:48:01 AM »
Yes I did too
They are all-star material but definitely not having any unfinished business  :groan:

Unfinished business aka All-Stars plus Mel & Mike and Zev & Justin.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #548 on: April 26, 2017, 03:56:08 PM »
Yes I did too

Unfinished business aka All-Stars plus Mel & Mike and Zev & Justin.

Aka Unfinished Business plus Gary & Mallory

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #549 on: April 27, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »
I mean say what you will about their longevity on their original season but Zev & Justin qualified under the theme of "unfinished business" more than just about every team except Kisha & Jen.

Honestly the only change in cast I'd make (since I accept that certain Cowboys teams Globetrotters would always be cast) is Ken & Tina over Kris & Amanda. Maaaaaybe Sam & Dan over Mel & Mike but could anyone predict Mel nearly dying of hypothermia three legs in (don't answer that  :))