Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 391958 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #425 on: November 28, 2016, 11:22:23 PM »
Well, I WON'T go forget them. ???

Oh yes. Would go forget Caroline and Jennifer  :colors
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #426 on: November 29, 2016, 01:22:48 AM »
Well, I WON'T go forget them. ???

Oh yes. Would go forget Caroline and Jennifer  :colors

Whoops  :funny: :groan: :snicker:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #427 on: November 29, 2016, 04:06:20 PM »
I still like that season.

And its winners.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #428 on: November 29, 2016, 10:16:24 PM »
I still like that season.

And its winners.

TAR 24?

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #429 on: December 03, 2016, 12:45:30 AM »
TAR 24 aka fake All-Stars was the worst season of any iteration. It was lazy work by production at all ends - casting, tasks, & countries. Zero effort put in. It's the main reason why so many fans left the show.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #430 on: December 03, 2016, 08:35:11 AM »
TAR 24 aka fake All-Stars was the worst season of any iteration. It was lazy work by production at all ends - casting, tasks, & countries. Zero effort put in. It's the main reason why so many fans left the show.

You can't say production put zero effort it, that's too far. We were meant to visit Australia & The Philippines

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #431 on: December 03, 2016, 12:42:38 PM »
We were meant to visit Australia & The Philippines

Hmmm. source please? I am not sure this was fact vs spec.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #432 on: December 03, 2016, 02:33:51 PM »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #433 on: December 03, 2016, 04:03:14 PM »

Either I've gone nuts or I just misread things. I swear I've seen facts that this was true. I'll keep my mouth shut next time  :funny: :hides

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #434 on: December 03, 2016, 05:43:56 PM »

Either I've gone nuts or I just misread things. I swear I've seen facts that this was true. I'll keep my mouth shut next time  :funny: :hides

Serious question, I can't remember. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #435 on: December 03, 2016, 07:04:14 PM »
It was speculated that Melbourne was going to be visited, but someone leaked the info prior hand, and thus the leg was moved elsewhere.
[/b]

Who did that? That is just horrible that I have found that out. My home city may now NEVER be visited now.

Offline ornaciawasrobbed

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #436 on: December 23, 2016, 06:08:50 AM »
I honestly think TAR24 was the beginning of the end. The whole route was really weird, most people were unhappy about 3 time returnee teams, none of it seemed particularly difficult. All-Stars should have the difficulty ramped up, instead it was like "find a shop" "count some steps but not really, just get told the answer" "shave a balloon in 60 seconds""jump on a board for a minute or two and get a clue" ???

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #437 on: December 23, 2016, 12:40:52 PM »
 :hithere:    ornaciawasrobbed,  :welcome2: to the R.F.F.!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #438 on: December 24, 2016, 01:15:21 AM »
An awful decision by production to ban all team interactions after checking-in that turned-off a lot of long-time fans. This caused more contrived fighting and ugly interactions between teams. If two teams disliked each other (eg. Joe & Bill vs everyone, Tara & Will vs Chris & Alex), it happened naturally and it was a story-arc. Now, it's just forced by producers. TAR used to be one of the few RTV shows to not give in and it's unfortunate that they did.

'Amazing Race' Producers Leave a Lot Up to Fate'

June 18, 2014 | 06:00AM PT  by Andrew Bloomenthal

The producers is constantly implementing changes to keep the production fresh.

For one thing, teams are now kept apart during the mandatory 12-hour rest periods between legs. Not only does this keep players in the dark as to the finishing order of the other teams in the previous leg, but it prevents them from bonding, thereby ensuring they remain cutthroat and competitive.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/awards/amazing-race-producers-leave-a-lot-up-to-fate-1201221435/

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #439 on: December 24, 2016, 04:53:33 AM »
How is it forced either way? I don't understand your point, TheBayAreaGuy.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #440 on: December 24, 2016, 04:52:56 PM »
Contrived might be a better description. The point being is producers wanted more fights and ugliness to occur instantaneously and immediately, sometimes rising to trashiness.

How is it forced either way? I don't understand your point, TheBayAreaGuy.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #441 on: December 25, 2016, 03:58:37 AM »
I thought the reason they kept the teams separate during pitstops was because they never got sports bra gate on camera in TAR 13. So production decided that in the future any and all team interactions needed to be captured on film, and therefore required teams to be separated at pitstops. I think I remember this being a new thing for TAR14, maybe someone can correct me if im wrong.

This recap might help jog everyone's memory over why sports bra gate was such an issue; the storyline for the Starr vs Kelly/Christy feud seemed to come from nowhere and the viewers were only informed about it from their confessionals.

But really if anything, I think separating the teams makes all the fights more transparent because we get to see it all play out in front of the cameras.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #442 on: December 25, 2016, 04:08:44 AM »
In the past 3 seasons they haven't been separated.

Offline James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #443 on: December 25, 2016, 04:25:13 PM »

That's not true. We are kept away from each other during pit stops except for very special exceptions that they record.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #444 on: December 25, 2016, 06:58:09 PM »
That's not true. We are kept away from each other during pit stops except for very special exceptions that they record.

Hi James, did u find this annoying? I mean, did u feel like you couldn't 'plan' ahead for the next leg?
BTW, I LOVED how u and your mum raced! It was great, so well done!

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #445 on: December 26, 2016, 02:52:53 AM »
That was partially the reason but they're always been events that took place off-camera and inserted into the storyline.

The bigger explanation was production upset that the U-Turns went completely unused during S13 (one aired, one unaired) while in S12 it was hesitantly used and they thought the teams were too friendly even though it was not the case. 

I thought the reason they kept the teams separate during pitstops was because they never got sports bra gate on camera in TAR 13. So production decided that in the future any and all team interactions needed to be captured on film, and therefore required teams to be separated at pitstops. I think I remember this being a new thing for TAR14, maybe someone can correct me if im wrong.

This recap might help jog everyone's memory over why sports bra gate was such an issue; the storyline for the Starr vs Kelly/Christy feud seemed to come from nowhere and the viewers were only informed about it from their confessionals.

But really if anything, I think separating the teams makes all the fights more transparent because we get to see it all play out in front of the cameras.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #446 on: December 26, 2016, 02:55:04 AM »
You're thinking of S26 when they allowed some of it.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #447 on: December 26, 2016, 04:50:24 PM »
I think 26 prevented it for the most part, with 3 (maybe?) exceptions-
1. The Pit Stop of leg 1 where they forced everyone into an office building to find a ~*love connection*~
2. The overnight in Nice which occurred during the leg, and
3. Both Namibia legs; Namibia 1 had teams legitimately camp out because Spitzkoppe has no hotels (<3) and Namibia 2 ended on Thanksgiving an I thiiiink sometimes production springs for what could be conceived as a dinner (I believe AS had one in Poland?)

28 had a lot of team interactions occur during the leg as well (Mexico City waiting for departure times, Geneva at the chocolateur, Armenia waiting for the sabre dance, Bali waiting for depparture times, etc) so I think that may be the new norm.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #448 on: December 30, 2016, 10:09:42 PM »
Those are exceptions (& limited anyway) including in S28.

In the Amazing Race panel at 2016 RTX during the summer, Joslyn told the audience that no interactions between teams were allowed when cameras were turned-off.

1. The Pit Stop of leg 1 where they forced everyone into an office building to find a ~*love connection*~
3. Both Namibia legs; Namibia 1 had teams legitimately camp out because Spitzkoppe has no hotels (<3) and Namibia 2 ended on Thanksgiving an I thiiiink sometimes production springs for what could be conceived as a dinner (I believe AS had one in Poland?)

28 had a lot of team interactions occur during the leg as well (Mexico City waiting for departure times, Geneva at the chocolateur, Armenia waiting for the sabre dance, Bali waiting for depparture times, etc) so I think that may be the new norm.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #449 on: December 31, 2016, 04:08:36 AM »
Those are exceptions (& limited anyway) including in S28.

In the Amazing Race panel at 2016 RTX during the summer, Joslyn told the audience that no interactions between teams were allowed when cameras were turned-off.

All of the times he listed were during the leg. So interaction would most probably be aloud.