Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 392918 times)

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #375 on: June 12, 2016, 04:06:44 PM »
TAR 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, & 9 are all top-tier seasons with 4, 10, & 11 not far behind. 12, 17, & 25 are all good but kinda over-rated. 21, 22, & 23 are decent.

All new/recent fans should watch the original seasons and see how much better the show. The episodes are were more fun and intense.

Fans should be demanding a better product instead of just accepting whatever the producers give them.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #376 on: June 13, 2016, 12:24:47 AM »
7 is so meh.  Meredith & Gretchen are All-Stars, but the season overall is mostly cringe worthy. 

X

I don't get TAR7 love at all? I thought it was such a boring cesspool of entertainment even though I didn't mind Romber and was just meh on Uchenna & Joyce winning.

Whenever people say it's a top-tier season I just scratch my head.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #377 on: June 13, 2016, 04:09:39 AM »
Finished rewatching TAR6 and wow it was still good or even better on rewatch. No TAR3/5 but it's still great.

Teams: Hayden & Aaron <33333333 What a top tier team omg and Adam & Rebecca + Lori & Bolo are iconic too (I can't believe it took me an entire rewatch to discover Hayden & Aaron's star power lol). It goes to show that drama can be fun while not losing the essence of the show. There are probably like multiple rivalries per episode and I was here for it :lol: <3 Also, Gus & Hera probably have one of the biggest morphs I have had on a team on rewatch. On first watch they were kinda eh but on rewatch, the minute Gus threw constant shade on Jonathan & Victoria and wanted to get drunk on the Detour I was absolutely here for it alol <3 Ditto with Don & Mary-Jean. Lena & Kristy's journey also sucks even more on rewatch because they really did have the potential to do well :/

The Final Three is also rly underwhelming on rewatch. I love Adam & Rebecca but meh on the two others. If anything, KKKendra's comments really didn't bother me that much on rewatch (since it's not like she dwelled on it the entire episode even though it was awful), but their win was just so underwhelming because aside from them at the Soup RB + "JONATHAN HELP HER!!!!!" + Freddy's Rail meltdown + Kendra getting knocked out by a bungee RB, they really weren't a dynamic team and it sucked they won. Same with Kris & Jon who are rly rly MORboring on rewatch and didn't really have a lot of standout eps.

Also Jonvic are probably even worse on rewatch. What despicable human beings. If they're not camwhoring and being attention-whores, they're so loud and unhealthy for each other. Jonathan is also probably the worst male racer on this show that isn't Justin or Dave. Victoria is also godawful because she can end up just like Jonathan at times.

Meredith & Maria + Avi & Joe are probably some of the most irrelevant first-boots of all time so thank god they were out early.

Episodes: Generally decent season but some legs were eh (the Premiere was so boring) and some were absolutely phenomenal (The Ethiopia leg is probably one of my favorite African legs EVER + the boot was so deliciously satisfying).

I'm also surprised the only task that they made a Switchback on TAR6 was the Haybale RB.

Some of the tasks like:
-The Hungary Soup RB
-The Skate Down a Mountain Detour in Norway (everyone falling down and switching :lol: <3)
-The Grape Stomp RB (it is never not fun watching multiple teams do the task and have everyone rushing to finish quick)
-The Ethiopia RB
-The Xi'An Lock RB (ok they basically did it on 21 but we need many many teams to be on that fence with preferable less locks so no one gets robbed like Hayden)

are very very good tasks (TAR6 excelling at RBs <3 There really was no RB I didn't like aside from the Sri Lanka and Finale RB tbh) and deserve to be brought back.

Overall: I've begun my journey to rewatch all seasons of The Amazing Race for quite some time now, and now that I've fully done TAR1-8 (rewatching 10 now because I hate 9 and will watch the awful ones last), I can rank the first 8 seasons of the golden era with some shifting in placements now!

Ranking:

TAR3=TAR5 (The temptation to put one over the other is too damn high but they are both the gold standards of the show)
TAR2 (introduced a LOT of great concepts to the show and after 1 my tendency is to overrate 2 but it really is a great season)
TAR8 (dwi if they only went even more international after Panama/Costa Rica I could honestly see it in my Top 3 ever + the finale was phenomenal)
TAR6 (would be equal to 8 and 2 if we had a much better endgame, the endgame of TAR6 has nothing on the glorious F7 of TAR8 and ditto with 8 not hitting 3/5 standards due to some really bad US legs.)

*slight gap*

TAR1 (Interesting to see how the show started but it got really boring at times. Perhaps recent editing of 2 and beyond spoiled me. Still solid though due to some amazing teams.)

*gap*
TAR4 (the early europe legs were so painful and aside from Kelly & Jon and Tian & Jaree no one rly shone)

*huge gap*
TAR7 (surprise! it sucks even more on rewatch and I don't love Romber on it as much as I used too and after Meredith & Gretchen were out I couldn't care less anymore :( )

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #378 on: June 19, 2016, 12:42:42 PM »
Nah...TAR6 is really painful on a rewatch, especially with Jonathan & Kendra lasting so deep in the race. Joe & Avi would've been a fun polarizing team. They were way too many couples on the season. It's for good reason that no team was picked for the real All-Stars (S11).

Finished rewatching TAR6 and wow it was still good or even better on rewatch. No TAR3/5 but it's still great.

Teams: Hayden & Aaron <33333333 What a top tier team omg and Adam & Rebecca + Lori & Bolo are iconic too (I can't believe it took me an entire rewatch to discover Hayden & Aaron's star power lol). It goes to show that drama can be fun while not losing the essence of the show. There are probably like multiple rivalries per episode and I was here for it :lol: <3 Also, Gus & Hera probably have one of the biggest morphs I have had on a team on rewatch. On first watch they were kinda eh but on rewatch, the minute Gus threw constant shade on Jonathan & Victoria and wanted to get drunk on the Detour I was absolutely here for it alol <3 Ditto with Don & Mary-Jean. Lena & Kristy's journey also sucks even more on rewatch because they really did have the potential to do well :/

The Final Three is also rly underwhelming on rewatch. I love Adam & Rebecca but meh on the two others. If anything, KKKendra's comments really didn't bother me that much on rewatch (since it's not like she dwelled on it the entire episode even though it was awful), but their win was just so underwhelming because aside from them at the Soup RB + "JONATHAN HELP HER!!!!!" + Freddy's Rail meltdown + Kendra getting knocked out by a bungee RB, they really weren't a dynamic team and it sucked they won. Same with Kris & Jon who are rly rly MORboring on rewatch and didn't really have a lot of standout eps.

Also Jonvic are probably even worse on rewatch. What despicable human beings. If they're not camwhoring and being attention-whores, they're so loud and unhealthy for each other. Jonathan is also probably the worst male racer on this show that isn't Justin or Dave. Victoria is also godawful because she can end up just like Jonathan at times.

Meredith & Maria + Avi & Joe are probably some of the most irrelevant first-boots of all time so thank god they were out early.

Episodes: Generally decent season but some legs were eh (the Premiere was so boring) and some were absolutely phenomenal (The Ethiopia leg is probably one of my favorite African legs EVER + the boot was so deliciously satisfying).

I'm also surprised the only task that they made a Switchback on TAR6 was the Haybale RB.

Some of the tasks like:
-The Hungary Soup RB
-The Skate Down a Mountain Detour in Norway (everyone falling down and switching :lol: <3)
-The Grape Stomp RB (it is never not fun watching multiple teams do the task and have everyone rushing to finish quick)
-The Ethiopia RB
-The Xi'An Lock RB (ok they basically did it on 21 but we need many many teams to be on that fence with preferable less locks so no one gets robbed like Hayden)

are very very good tasks (TAR6 excelling at RBs <3 There really was no RB I didn't like aside from the Sri Lanka and Finale RB tbh) and deserve to be brought back.

Overall: I've begun my journey to rewatch all seasons of The Amazing Race for quite some time now, and now that I've fully done TAR1-8 (rewatching 10 now because I hate 9 and will watch the awful ones last), I can rank the first 8 seasons of the golden era with some shifting in placements now!

Ranking:

TAR3=TAR5 (The temptation to put one over the other is too damn high but they are both the gold standards of the show)
TAR2 (introduced a LOT of great concepts to the show and after 1 my tendency is to overrate 2 but it really is a great season)
TAR8 (dwi if they only went even more international after Panama/Costa Rica I could honestly see it in my Top 3 ever + the finale was phenomenal)
TAR6 (would be equal to 8 and 2 if we had a much better endgame, the endgame of TAR6 has nothing on the glorious F7 of TAR8 and ditto with 8 not hitting 3/5 standards due to some really bad US legs.)

*slight gap*

TAR1 (Interesting to see how the show started but it got really boring at times. Perhaps recent editing of 2 and beyond spoiled me. Still solid though due to some amazing teams.)

*gap*
TAR4 (the early europe legs were so painful and aside from Kelly & Jon and Tian & Jaree no one rly shone)

*huge gap*
TAR7 (surprise! it sucks even more on rewatch and I don't love Romber on it as much as I used too and after Meredith & Gretchen were out I couldn't care less anymore :( )

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #379 on: June 19, 2016, 06:31:32 PM »
Nah...TAR6 is really painful on a rewatch, especially with Jonathan & Kendra lasting so deep in the race. Joe & Avi would've been a fun polarizing team. They were way too many couples on the season. It's for good reason that no team was picked for the real All-Stars (S11).

Kendra wasn't even that awful aside from her Africa comments... she was just either really boring or annoying.

And Jonathan & Victoria's consistently disgusting edit felt VERY VERY REWARDING with their elim.

Avi & Joe were so irrelevant lol, wtf @ them being potentially fun? All I remember is "New York Jews in Iceland" and then they went and got eliminated.

Also Kris & Jon were supposed to return but Eric & Danielle got cast instead apparently so yeah.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #380 on: June 21, 2016, 04:22:07 PM »

Kendra wasn't even that awful aside from her Africa comments... she was just either really boring or annoying.

And Jonathan & Victoria's consistently disgusting edit felt VERY VERY REWARDING with their elim.

Avi & Joe were so irrelevant lol, wtf @ them being potentially fun? All I remember is "New York Jews in Iceland" and then they went and got eliminated.

Also Kris & Jon were supposed to return but Eric & Danielle got cast instead apparently so yeah.
I think the most cringing part of that season apart from Jonathan & Victoria and Kendra's insensitive comments was the Budapest portion of leg 6. I don't think I have ever had a negative personal feeling about an episode until that aired. Easily one of the grossest episodes I have ever seen and scared me enough to avoid eating Hungarian food or any red soups (tomato soup :barf) because of that, not to mention the blood drinking Fast Forward.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #381 on: June 21, 2016, 06:39:00 PM »
The Hungary double-episode was actually one of the best of the season???

My Leg/Episode Rank would be:

Amazing:
1. Leg 8 (France → Ethiopia)
2. Leg 2 (Iceland → Norway)
3. Leg 6 (Germany → Hungary)
4. Leg 5 (Senegal → Germany)
5. Leg 10 (Sri Lanka → China) [TAR6 probably has some of my favorite China legs and idek why]
6. Leg 11 (China)

Great:
7. Leg 7 (Hungary → France) [Wine RB <3]
8. Leg 4 (Sweden → Senegal) [Liked the tasks but the fishing Detour was boring tbh]

Good:
9. Leg 9 (Ethiopia → Sri Lanka) [Swimming Pool and DT aside, the RB was so out of place and meh]

Meh:
10. Leg 3 (Norway → Sweden) [Hay Bales and Shots aside IKEA is not a good place to do a Detour in]

Bad:
11. Leg 1 (USA → Iceland)
12. Leg 12 (China → USA)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:45:55 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #382 on: June 21, 2016, 08:20:11 PM »
The Spicy Soup RB was absolutely disgusting, but also one of the most hilarious moments ever on TAR.
Most especially when Freddy vomited back into his soup and still had to eat it much to the horror of a crying Kendra.

Jonathan & Victoria are interesting. While the shoving is certainly, actually, disgusting, they would otherwise be a hilarious bickering couple.  They both dished out as much as they got.  Then you couple that with Jonathan being randomly nice to African kids and talking about the "President of Synagogue."  They'd be All-Star material if it weren't for that horrible moment at the Pit Stop. Oh well.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #383 on: June 22, 2016, 11:10:51 PM »
The Spicy Soup RB was absolutely disgusting, but also one of the most hilarious moments ever on TAR.
Most especially when Freddy vomited back into his soup and still had to eat it much to the horror of a crying Kendra.

Jonathan & Victoria are interesting. While the shoving is certainly, actually, disgusting, they would otherwise be a hilarious bickering couple.  They both dished out as much as they got.  Then you couple that with Jonathan being randomly nice to African kids and talking about the "President of Synagogue."  They'd be All-Star material if it weren't for that horrible moment at the Pit Stop. Oh well.
I have never had tomato soup or any soup of that color ever since. I nearly vomited when I saw that borscht Detour in season 13. And yeah, Jonathan & Victoria made for a roller coast ride, but I simply wasn't a fan of that ride. The shoving, the yelling at each other, and Victoria looking like Jonathan's monkey sidekick than wife - those were moments I wish I could un-see from that season.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #384 on: July 05, 2016, 11:44:37 AM »
Watch the first four episodes of Season 3 and lol it's really delivered.

I can't decide whether the twin hunt was meant to be funny or pathetic, but it mostly SOOO over the top. :lol: Aaron & Arriane (or whatever her name is :lol:) is PSYCHOTIC and them bitching about Derek & Drew the entire leg is so freaking... umm... Weird? :lol: :lol: Like, the twin aren't doing anything to them so I kind of get confused that they were really this vindictive. (Also noted that the twin actually placed 11th on the first leg so lol at all the teams targetting them. <33) :lol:

Gotta say the cast is really impressive and each elimination is like a loss of gem. I also like Derek & Drew for handling the situation so classy. (Unlike *cough*accidentalalliance*cough*) And Flo is starting to show her potential with her bitching at Zach for forgetting her on the boat. LOL. I WANT MORE OF THIS. Teri & Ian is also amazing on this 10x more than 11. So this is a really thrill ride so far!

PS. OMG at Heather & Eve's dramatic penalty exit. LOL. Kind of sad that they have to go since I think they have potential to go really far. (Good at navigation, very manipulative and always place on the front of the pack) </3

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #385 on: July 05, 2016, 12:37:31 PM »
Like why were they so threatened by the twins unless they were psychic!  :funny: The twins placed 11th on leg 1 and 1st on leg 2 because they took the FF  :funny:. Like why??? But S3 was <3333

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #386 on: July 05, 2016, 08:37:20 PM »
Watch the first four episodes of Season 3 and lol it's really delivered.

I can't decide whether the twin hunt was meant to be funny or pathetic, but it mostly SOOO over the top. :lol: Aaron & Arriane (or whatever her name is :lol:) is PSYCHOTIC and them bitching about Derek & Drew the entire leg is so freaking... umm... Weird? :lol: :lol: Like, the twin aren't doing anything to them so I kind of get confused that they were really this vindictive. (Also noted that the twin actually placed 11th on the first leg so lol at all the teams targetting them. <33) :lol:

Gotta say the cast is really impressive and each elimination is like a loss of gem. I also like Derek & Drew for handling the situation so classy. (Unlike *cough*accidentalalliance*cough*) And Flo is starting to show her potential with her bitching at Zach for forgetting her on the boat. LOL. I WANT MORE OF THIS. Teri & Ian is also amazing on this 10x more than 11. So this is a really thrill ride so far!

PS. OMG at Heather & Eve's dramatic penalty exit. LOL. Kind of sad that they have to go since I think they have potential to go really far. (Good at navigation, very manipulative and always place on the front of the pack) </3

Keepcopz if you thought that was amazing, I can't wait for you to hit #dieselgate and the second half of the season <3

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #387 on: July 06, 2016, 07:03:15 AM »
Halfway through season 3 and all I can say is LOL.

The #dieselgate is simply amazing. (And I thought Adam & Rebecca's trainwreck journey in Iceland is at its finest, TAR3 played it before and better. <33) Broken car during the middle of nowhere in the middle of Spain at 1am appreciation. <33333 Michale & Kathy and Aaron & Arianne are so ****ed over by this and resulted in the next 2 consecutive boots. :lol: I love the early season that despite how simple the task were, the navigation and every little mistakes you make along the way really play a big part in each elimination (for this leg and the leg in the future, LOL at Aaron & Arianne had no chance whatsoever to survive after they decided to SIT AROUND AND CRYING ON THE ROAD despite trying to seek for some solution. <3)

It also give us one of the most amazing bipolar interaction of the racer ever.
Flo: OMFG, I won't go on that car. I have a bad feeling and it's gonna EXPLODED.
*minutes later*
Flo: OMFG Zach, we're BACK IN THE GAME. OMG. OMG. <33333
LOL. :lol: And after bitching and throwing shade at Ian for yelling at her, told Zach she's way better at lying and finish last of the pack for the selling RB (Queen though <3). They randomly placed 2nd on that leg because other taxis are too suck to realize where that guesthouse is lol. :lol: <3

Watching this season make me feel the really *authentic* atmosphere of each country. It just felt so REAL. Like when Team 911 got lost and were dumped by their Taxi into middle of nowhere in Morocco. (I think this is really dangerous but like, it's just show that everything can happened and super unpredictable) I just hope we can resurrect that feeling back to the nowadays season again because watching the recent seasons right now compare to this season is like compare Oscar Nomination with some crappy parody made by high school students which is really sad.

Anyway, halfway through it and I really enjoyed this season. Can't wait for the latter half of it. <3

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #388 on: July 06, 2016, 07:22:15 AM »
The best part about #dieselgate is it effectively ends the #TwinHunt storyline... and what better way to end it than with the people who started it, Aaron & Arianne, crying their eyes out on the highway while Derek & Drew passes them? :lol: <3333333

Watching this season make me feel the really *authentic* atmosphere of each country. It just felt so REAL. Like when Team 911 got lost and were dumped by their Taxi into middle of nowhere in Morocco. (I think this is really dangerous but like, it's just show that everything can happened and super unpredictable) I just hope we can resurrect that feeling back to the nowadays season again because watching the recent seasons right now compare to this season is like compare Oscar Nomination with some crappy parody made by high school students which is really sad.

This is truth.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2016, 03:14:35 AM »
TAR26 is a top 10 season (TAR3/5/6/8/11/12/17/18/25 being the other 9) aside from the ending 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #390 on: July 18, 2016, 05:22:12 AM »
Rewatched TAR13. Wow what a difference a season makes on rewatch.

Edgic:

Cast-Wise:

I used to really love Toni & Dallas... but now I saw them as absolutely boring racebots who brought nothing to the show.  :groan: Aside from Kazakhstan onwards, they did nothing but blandly complete tasks. Toni was alright, but Dallas literally had the personality of a doorknob for me =/

Nick & Starr are much worse on rewatch too. The flirtmance between those two teams also made me roll my eyes so hard. I hate that both made the Final Four since those Russian legs were absolutely BOOOOORING. The penultimate Russian leg is probably one of the worst pre-finale legs EVER. I also take their win much worse now since I find Starr's whining unbearable on rewatch and when Starr's not being annoying, they are absolutely boring racebots. My opinion on them dropped so much that they are now bottom half of TARUS winners.

New #1 is Terence & Sarah, their brand of constantly doing well and getting screwed over (and alternating with dominating and being complete trainwrecks almost every leg) was absolute fun and everytime Sarah says "HI GUYS" when another team comes I legit burst out laughing since it pops out SOOOO much. Not to mention they were almost always fun to watch whether they were doing well or being trainwrecks. I was legit crushed when they were eliminated, if only Nick & Starr lost that FF :(

Also their best running gags (that are probably unintentional) are:
Show content
-Sarah always yelling "HI GUYS" everytime she sees another team
-Sarah always learning "FAST" in the language of the countries she goes to
-Sarah unintentionally referring to Terence as a girl at least once
-Terence bitching at Sarah followed by Terence immediately telling themselves to not argue

And some of their best moments are:

Show content
-"AND THEY DIDNT EVEN SAY HI TO US"
-Terence randomly bumping his head on the bumper of their cab and later bitching to Ken while having a band-aid on his head
-Their entire Taxi messup in Brazil 2
-Sarah encouraging Terence to kiss the Maori warriors at the New Zealand Roadblock
-Their entire kiwi Detour performance
-Being so flustered at the Launder Money Detour
-Their bitching and random negativity towards the task judge at the Teary Eyed Detour
-Sarah's random moments of being gentle with animals and digging in bird seed :lol: <3

Such an iconic dating team <3 It really speaks volumes that the season instantly went meh and hit some low lows after they and Kelly & Christy went. Too bad too that they broke up before UB but 13 was ignored so C'est La Vie.

#2 is Dan & Andrew simply because in an era where we see a lot of teams literally not move up or down, it was hilarious to see them mess up at literally EVERYWHERE.

Basically:
Show content
-Failing to count the steps on Leg 1 and being the only team to repeat the Hard Way Up Detour
-Instantly dropping to last place after getting the Statue ARI in Bolivia in first
-Failing to crank oil while everyone else failed to struggle at all in Cambodia
-Having their ENTIRE Detour fly away in India :lol: <3
-Their entire adventure with the cow Detour in Kazakhstan
-Starting the Russian leg with hotel slippers and wasting their money on new shoes
-THE MARCHING :lol:
-"We're not going to just be chicken feed for Nick & Starr and Ken & Tina" *proceeds to get CURRENTLY IN LAST PLACE the whole way on the finale* :lol: <3
-Getting randomly sprayed by water via a running truck :lol: <33333

And here's a video detailing their iconic moments lol <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njezNMXKoRU

I'm surprised how much I loved them on rewatch considering I was meh on them originally. Probably one of my favorite all-male teams now.

#3 (tied for #2) is Kelly & Christy because like Dandrew, their brand of trainwreck is something recent seasons just cannot reproduce such as:

Show content
-Them ALWAYS saying to not count them out as a strong team immediately followed by them barely surviving almost every leg
-Their entire adventures in South America (Getting lost while looking for the VERY FIRST clue/DIGGING for a SHIPPING CONTAINER in SAND, "WE HAVE LEARNED TO READ THE CLUE" *cut to them failing to read the next clue after*,Letting their Taxi go while it was literally just next to them/Crashing while on Bolivian Bicycles, my goodness, how on earth did they survive South America? :lol: <3)
-RUNNING UP MOUNT EDEN to the New Zealand RB while everyone else drove up and somehow still beating Dandrew to the latter's extreme annoyance
-Their endeavours with crushing kiwis
-Being in first but getting so lost at the gas station clue in Cambodia that they drop to 2nd to last (AND ENTERING THE RESTROOM LOOKING FOR THE CLUE :lol: <333333)
-"DO WE TAKE HER TEETH" and performing part of the Cambodia Detour without even getting the clue
-Their random bitchiness at anything and everything that irritated every other team :lol: <3

And really, their final leg was just moment after moment such as:
-Them randomly talking about making out with Dandrew :lol:
-Their entire Holi Roadblock run (im flabbergasted at how horrible they did it but somehow NOT finish in last)
-Them running while painted looking for cabs (and deciding to stick their faces out the window to scare Indian locals :lol: <333333)
-"Bank of India" "American McDonald's" :lol:
-Attempting to perform the Detour while in a rickshaw :lol: <3

They were so much better on rewatch as well and they're probably up there with classic trainwrecks such as Tian & Jaree/Kami & Karli to be honest lol <3

Ken & Tina are self-explanatorily great too.

Everyone else was really meh or didn't stand out. I liked Anita & Arthur enough but that overall dark green isn't exactly a glowing reccomendation. The teams in light green at least gave me an impression, Aja & Ty and Anthony & Stephanie were absolute bores.

Overall I don't like this cast. With a worse boot order it could have been the new TAR7.

Episode-Wise:

When I first watched TAR13, I thought it was meh overall, but that was because it followed 11 and 12.

Now, I see TAR13 as something like TAR28 - a good season overall with some really high highs and some really painful lows.

Highs are definitely New Zealand (TAR13 has the best NZ leg ever?? <3) and the India x2 (BEST INDIA NIGHT LEG FOLLOWED BY A TOP 3 INDIA DAY LEG <33333) - Kazakhstan stretch is probably my favorite string of episodes in a non TAR3/5/8/11/12/17/25 season.

I also previously enjoyed the Cambodia leg (and thought the Roadblock was great and one of the best tasks of the season), but when I went to Cambodia last year I tried to perform the Angkor Wat Roadblock and it only took me 15 minutes to perform and 10 minutes to go to Bayon Temple (the Pit Stop) so I instantly saw the leg as really bad as the tasks were too easy :lol:

Painful lows were South America - Cambodia - Russia x2 to the Finale definitely. (The last three legs alone (and the fact that the legs I absolutely hate are 1/2 of the season) probably ruin the season's newly built goodwill for me and prevent me from marking it as an "OMG AMAZING" season. Considering 14-16 would happen after 13 also did not help matters.)

But overall I don't regret watching TAR13 again (although I wanted its final three episodes to give me my time back) and I'm gonna watch TAR10 next!  :trampb:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:29:33 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #391 on: July 18, 2016, 11:10:09 AM »
Really, you didn't enjoy the Russian II in 13? That is my favourite leg of the season. :lol: :lol:

I like that all the tasks involved solving puzzle and navigating through the city. But yeah, the passport incident really ruined all the suspense in this leg. But design-wise, I actually really love it!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #392 on: July 19, 2016, 08:05:04 AM »
Really, you didn't enjoy the Russian II in 13? That is my favourite leg of the season. :lol: :lol:

I like that all the tasks involved solving puzzle and navigating through the city. But yeah, the passport incident really ruined all the suspense in this leg. But design-wise, I actually really love it!

Yup lol.

I hated it because I thought that the tasks were too confusingly worded. There is a fine line between a cryptic task for the sake of being clever and a cryptic task for the sake of being confusing. I also fell asleep during the Detour and thought the Speed Bump was the only fun task because one of the worst dancers in Amazing Race history did it.

Not to mention that I was actually slightly happy (:X) that Toni & Dallas were the team victimised by #PassportGate because it meant Dandrew in F3. If only it was Nick & Starr instead  (:;) (:;) (:;)

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #393 on: July 19, 2016, 10:04:38 AM »
Man, I am now in a rewatch of season 5

The episodes are amazing as the production spent most of the time on teams development and finding flight
In most of the episodes, the tasks are not the main focus of the episodes
For example, only 1 minute is spent to show Colin perform the New Zealand Roadblock  :wohoo:
and only 3 minutes are spent to show Colin & Christie get through the Leg in Cairo after getting the fast forward  :colors

The extra time saved can be used to show teams interaction and flight finding, which is the key of TAR
I now truly understand why season 5 marks the top of TAR  :conf:
It is not because of the tasks (tasks are simple), but because of the intense editing of episodes :cheer:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #394 on: July 19, 2016, 10:15:58 AM »
Cairo is indeed amazing, I cannot believe Colin & Christie still ended up arguing after being more than 12 hours ahead ON A FAST FORWARD :lol: :lol: :lol: <3

The episodes are amazing as the production spent most of the time on teams development and finding flight

Yeah, the task-based editing began from TAR9 and sadly got worse from there :(

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #395 on: July 19, 2016, 10:21:26 AM »
Cairo is indeed amazing, I cannot believe Colin & Christie still ended up arguing after being more than 12 hours ahead ON A FAST FORWARD :lol: :lol: :lol: <3

I remember that most of the times less than 2 minutes are used to show Colin & Christie get through a challenge  :funny:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #396 on: July 19, 2016, 04:06:15 PM »
I recently rewatched and TARAus2 and I think that is one of the reasons why I think it is so good is because there is a lot of time spent on character development and the rivalry of everyone vs. Paul & Steve, and just the drama between all of the teams. And even if there was not drama within some teams, I feel like there was a lot of character development of the teams, like Lucy and Emilia, Sticky & Sam, Sue & Teresa, etc. There is not as much focus on the tasks, and while they are present, they are more about beating the other teams and being competitive and/or about enjoying the tasks and the race.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #397 on: July 20, 2016, 08:47:08 AM »
I recently rewatched and TARAus2 and I think that is one of the reasons why I think it is so good is because there is a lot of time spent on character development and the rivalry of everyone vs. Paul & Steve, and just the drama between all of the teams. And even if there was not drama within some teams, I feel like there was a lot of character development of the teams, like Lucy and Emilia, Sticky & Sam, Sue & Teresa, etc. There is not as much focus on the tasks, and while they are present, they are more about beating the other teams and being competitive and/or about enjoying the tasks and the race.
This and a trillion! TAR Australia 2 is the first international version of the race I watched and everything from that season is perfectly seamed together and all the teams were very memorable from the team-based editing, especially Lucy & Emilia, Sticky & Sam, and James & Sarah. I hope next season can follow this style. The U.S. version needs sprucing, cleaning and freshening to say the least. :tup:

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #398 on: July 20, 2016, 01:02:10 PM »
Nah...I would say the editing got bad starting with S14 when airport-drama was cut to almost nil. In addition, producers focused more on troubling, less fun fights (Luke vs. Kisha) and wanted more shock value.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #399 on: July 20, 2016, 01:06:10 PM »
Nah...the beginning 3-4 of TAR26 drag it down in season rankings.

Don't forget Season 1 & 2 as both are awesome and fun seasons! (And 9 also!)

TAR26 is a top 10 season (TAR3/5/6/8/11/12/17/18/25 being the other 9) aside from the ending 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯