Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 392943 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #300 on: July 05, 2015, 06:35:16 PM »
Taken from forums.previously.tv site where TAR 25 original route showing below (link):

Aside: Doha and environs getting the axe for S25 sounds rather incongruent on several levels - when the Arabian peninsula hosted legs on near-consecutive seasons in the past, it did so from both directions, e.g. five eastbound teams in Oman during S9 versus seven westbound teams in Kuwait during S10, then eight/seven westbound teams in the United Arab Emirates during S15 versus six eastbound teams in Oman during S17. Given this supposed original itinerary of Denmark -> Italy -> Malta -> Qatar -> Bahrain (to overcome the intrinsic limits of a quasi-micronation as well as preserving the pan-archipelago route) -> Singapore and keeping the NEL sequence intact, it would amount to the same exact double-F6 round that Abu Dhabi and al-Ain already had just two seasons ago as opposed to the aforementioned precedents.

That was the reason why Qatar and Bahrain were both scrapped a couple of days before TAR 25 started filming, cited those countries were replaced and gave Morocco as their replacement leg within two legs into one country.

Previously TV's spoilers are sadly no longer reliable for the most part, please do not quote them here.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Wadsy591

« Reply #301 on: July 21, 2015, 09:43:00 PM »
TAR22's route was amazing, Vietnam is honestly one of my favorite legs ever and the only legs I didn't enjoy were Scotland, Bora Bora 2, and the Finale.

From TAR22, the only legs I didn't like were the last two legs - Ireland and Washington, D.C. Boring in my opinion.

Leg 7 Botswana and Leg 10 Scotland were also average, the rest were awesome.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #302 on: July 22, 2015, 02:56:13 AM »
TAR22's route was amazing, Vietnam is honestly one of my favorite legs ever and the only legs I didn't enjoy were Scotland, Bora Bora 2, and the Finale.

From TAR22, the only legs I didn't like were the last two legs - Ireland and Washington, D.C. Boring in my opinion.

Leg 7 Botswana and Leg 10 Scotland were also average, the rest were awesome.

Really? I think Botswana in Leg 6 is way more meh than Leg 7. :lol: At least Leg 7 had some navigation drama. Leg 6 had like, nothing interesting. :lol:

My fave leg from 22 is Leg 9, Berlin.

Wadsy591

« Reply #303 on: July 22, 2015, 06:32:07 PM »
I would rank TAR22's legs best to worst as this:

Leg 9 (Germany)
Leg 1 (French Polynesia)
Leg 8 (Switzerland)
Leg 2 (French Polynesia)
Leg 5 (Vietnam)
Leg 3 (New Zealand)
Leg 4 (Indonesia)
Leg 6 (Botswana)
Leg 10 (Scotland)
Leg 7 (Botswana)
Leg 12 (Washington, D.C)
Leg 11 (Ireland)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: July 23, 2015, 04:35:57 AM »
Billy & Clarissa are now 22 & 19  :ascared

Wadsy591

« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2015, 05:06:38 PM »
I personally believe the strongest five seasons to date (in order) were:

1. Season 3 -   Best cast to date with all the teams being somewhat lovable, great locations (all except Morocco) and terrific suspense. Never boring, the near perfect season
2. Season 6 -   Highly underrated, and used to be the favourite for me. This season, despite having bad winners was perfect in every aspect. All locations were excellent, great suspense. Only downside were the early eliminations of both female teams and a predictable boot order
3. Season 5 -   The season considered to be the all-around best. It would have been my best, if only they had visited more Europe. Everything else was amazing, great final 3, loved Charla, terrific. I found myself losing interest once they reached the Philippines, but it picked up on the final leg
4. Season 18: Unfinished Business  -  The best of the new era. Great all-star teams despite having so many return from TAR 14, nice locations, wonderful suspense and an all around high fun factor
5. Season 22  -  It was a tough call, but this has to be #5. The locations this season were almost perfect, visiting less Asia, but I enjoyed Asia this time more than any other edition. It did lose some ground by Ireland, but overall, it was excellent. Great cast of teams, let down a weak finale.

Honorable mentions - Seasons 7 and 21

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #306 on: October 25, 2015, 03:42:44 PM »
We haven't seen the infamous Lombok leg in American screen, and we know TAR USA sometimes recycles tasks from another version so it could be a possibility.

What series is the infamous Lombok leg from?

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #307 on: October 25, 2015, 06:19:26 PM »
We haven't seen the infamous Lombok leg in American screen, and we know TAR USA sometimes recycles tasks from another version so it could be a possibility.

What series is the infamous Lombok leg from?

TAR Asia 4 and TAR Aus 1
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #308 on: October 28, 2015, 07:42:05 AM »
But a returnee season no more then 2 years after the season that sharnt be mentioned.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: October 28, 2015, 08:58:53 AM »
But a returnee season no more then 2 years after the season that sharnt be mentioned.

You never know, we waited 11 seasons for All Stars, 6 seasons for UB, 5 seasons for [REDACTED].

It could be happening sooner than expected lol, we've already passed 3 seasons since [REDACTED]!

I know what [REDACTED] means ... that worst season, worse than Family Edition. Forget that season. Brenchel and Country Singers are only stars of that season.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #310 on: October 28, 2015, 09:27:26 AM »

You never know, we waited 11 seasons for All Stars, 6 seasons for UB, 5 seasons for [REDACTED].

It could be happening sooner than expected lol, we've already passed 3 seasons since [REDACTED]!

I know what [REDACTED] means ... that worst season, worse than Family Edition. Forget that season. Brenchel and Country Singers are only stars of that season.

TAR8 is actually amazing in hindsight? Really fun season with an amazing cast!

Yes, yet I also liked the Gaghans.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #311 on: October 28, 2015, 04:48:01 PM »

YES IT IS!!! :yess:  :hearts:
One of the best, most balanced casts who were competitive and hilarious and full of drama.  And all the whining over the US-only route seems kinda petty now when TARs in China, Canada, Vietnam, the Philippines and Latin America all staged okay to great seasons in their own backyards.  :cheer:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #312 on: December 05, 2015, 10:17:52 PM »
Besides with the current 27th season not involving self-driving, did any older TAR seasons without any car sponsors like Ford?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #313 on: December 06, 2015, 07:46:06 AM »
Besides with the current 27th season not involving self-driving, did any older TAR seasons without any car sponsors like Ford?
I think TAR3 was the last season; it had self-driving, but I don't know if there were car sponsors, just electronics and international travel (Kodak in Singapore, T-Mobile call in Switzerland, and 1st place cruise rewards). :ascared I remember season 4 - 17 was Mercedes-Benz's time to shine though it was mostly subtle.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2015, 02:51:10 AM »
I rewatched S22 E9 and discovered Bates & Anthony travelled by taxi rather than self-drove when they switched their detour but wasn't got penalty by Phil

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #315 on: December 17, 2015, 02:04:29 PM »

YES IT IS!!! :yess:  :hearts:
One of the best, most balanced casts who were competitive and hilarious and full of drama.  And all the whining over the US-only route seems kinda petty now when TARs in China, Canada, Vietnam, the Philippines and Latin America all staged okay to great seasons in their own backyards.  :cheer:

I finished watching TAR 8 the other day.  I liked it the first time around and even more the 2nd time!  I loved seeing places in the USA highlighted. Makes me want to visit them.

I was curious what the Linz family was up to these days and googled Megan Linz.  Found this article posted recently on the 10th anniversary of the TAR8 finale

http://wvxu.org/post/where-are-they-now-linz-kids-who-won-1-million-amazing-race#stream/0

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: December 18, 2015, 01:04:31 AM »
TAR 3, 18 and 26 are surely tied for the best ones in my list.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #317 on: December 18, 2015, 01:05:02 AM »
21 was good a lot too
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #318 on: December 20, 2015, 01:27:15 PM »
I think TAR3 was the last season; it had self-driving, but I don't know if there were car sponsors, just electronics and international travel (Kodak in Singapore, T-Mobile call in Switzerland, and 1st place cruise rewards). :ascared I remember season 4 - 17 was Mercedes-Benz's time to shine though it was mostly subtle.

But I remember they used Mercedes on Germany/Austria and Switzerland leg on TAR3.

Anyways I found the Switzerland leg quality was getting declined over as the season progress. It was amazing on TAR3, and TAR22/TAR24 Swiss leg was ugh induced.

Impromptu Swiss leg ranking
TAR3 Swiss 1 > TAR3 Swiss 2 > TAR14 Swiss > TAR18 Swiss 1 > TAR18 Swiss 2 > TAR22 Swiss > TAR24 Swiss
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: December 22, 2015, 03:05:50 PM »
Re-watching S11, episode 1 is so terrible. What is the leg design, The detour did not matter at all so the only thing that changed placements were the drive to Cotopaxi. Most teams weren't even shown completing the detour! They Flew to Quito went to a plaza, Went to a restaurant and slept overnight. They drove to Cotopaxi National Park and performed a very linear detour before running to a Pitstop! It was pretty crap  :cmaslol

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #320 on: December 23, 2015, 10:46:06 AM »
11 is a really bad season in term of leg design, task and route. The only thing that save that season is the cast (Maybe except Eric & Danielle but they aren't that bad during my rewatch when I somehow consolidate with the fact that they're winning over BQ and Charla & Mirna) and all those drama. <3 Such entertaining. (Non-stop airport drama starting from Mozambique to Hong Kong <3 BQ VS Charla & Mirna <3 BQ VS Eric & Danielle <3 Charla & Mirna VS Eric & Danielle <3 Notorious Yield's selling at Macau Tower <333)

But if somehow, let say, they use this route for like season 9 or 10. I think it's gonna be a total disaster.
- Spending 4.2 LEGS in South America? Seriously? The route suffer a lot from this start. To make it worse, none of the SA's leg really pass the average. The first leg like BritishTARFan said, it's all about testing who can read map in Ecuador. Umm, at least add some RB or make the detour a bit more complicated? Then the second leg come and it get even more worse with having team doing a really difficult RB and then flying to another city? WTF? So the RB is pointless then! And then we come with another super easy Detour before Pit Stop. This leg would become absolutely crap had Charla & Mirna not melting down at the Taxi driver in the middle of the desert. <33 Leg 3 was OK since it's really physically challenging and the scenery was cool. Then Leg 4 suffer with the same thing as Leg 2, they make team perform a relatively hard Detour before bunching them at the Airport again. :res: And then it's all coming down to a luck task before Pit Stop, WHATTTT. (But at least it create one of the most amazing moment in TAR history so I'll happily overlook it <3)

- Then we have 2 African leg, one of them is in new African nation that hadn't been visit too. Sound cool. However, it all felt flat since the task was really bad. Mozambique's leg is OK at least I guess since the Detour is a bit tricky (The one that sounds impossible to finish become the one that unexpectedly faster) and the RB is a bit funny to watch. But the Tanzania's leg scream one of the worst leg in term of designing ever. First, why in high hell did WRP not realizing about the flight problem? Maputo is not really a hub for airport but they decide to just let teams do the flight anyway. How about flight in advance for team in case that they cannot find the faster fight they still have this backup flight to get out of the country. It's sad and miserable to see Teri & Ian and Joe & Bill struggle for like 48 hours++ just to try to get to Tanzania. And this flight fiasco continue in Tanzania when they cannot find the flight to Poland AGAIN. This lead WRP to scrap a lot of tasks in both Tanzania and Poland leg which is kind of sad. :res: The Zanzibar's leg really could have been better than finishing Kindergarten's puzzle in a freaking hotel or transport LOGS to some random beach. :res:

- Then we have Poland legs, a double leg, which will 100% fall flat had Charla & Mirna not save it again. And even with Charla & Mirna in it, I still can't make myself to enjoy this legs. It's the only 2 European legs this season and it sucks. I don't know if it's because of the flight fiasco so they had to do a last minute change of task to make it more suit with the filming table or something. But the task is so bad. What's the point of X-Raying doll in Poland. That task was so weird and it's not even entertaining. Then, we have a mini unair RB which include rowing boat for 5 minutes. (LOL thank god they unair it) Then the second half is even more worse with the Intersection, yeah, Intersection. Of all leg they can place this twist they decide to place it on the leg that 1. Had 3 teams that were bunching to be 3 hours apart of each group. 2. And one of them in the last group is Marked for Elimination. :res: And yeah, add a FF too because why not, let's just make the first pair win even more easier! The FF is easy and lame. The Detour is OK. (I still don't get the love for this task, or this Poland leg in general) The RB included dressing like a Knight and walk with horse for like 5 minutes, yeah and then Pit Stop. Such a waste opportunity. :res:

- LOL. And then Asian Part. I absolutely DISGUST the Malaysia-HK-Macau A LOT. (Even more then the China-Indonesia-Bangladesh from 21 OR India-Thailand-China from 14) All 3 legs feel almost the same and I can barely notice the different. The Malaysian leg is OK. I like the Detour but the RB is really lame and can be done almost everywhere in THE WORLD. Then we come HK with the FF involved sitting in the car for 5 minutes :res:. The RB involved kicking the door in an ghetto apartment. :res: And the Detour involved climbing the building. Ummm, OK! I get that HK is best at stuntman show but cram 999 stuntman tasks into one leg is so overdone. (Not to mention that all of it was so ridiculous easy too) Macau and Guam are both big fat MEH to me overall. (I don't get the point of Guam's leg, can't they just do task like that at almost every military base in USA? I mean, you go to freaking Guam! How about showcasing scenic beach? Marine task? This is such a big waste chance!)

- I'm not even bother to talk about the Finale. I hate all the finale before 12 where all teams perform like 4/5 of the Finale in one city before flying to another city just to run to the Finish Line. (And maybe eat Pizza lol) I'm actually really OK the the Final, umm, Memory Challenge. Had they not been the error with the box, it would have been better.

OMG such a long ranting, I mean. I didn't hate 11 with a passion but I think WRP also realized a lot of their mistake from this season which make the 11 -> 12 is such a big gap of change in the history of TAR. It still a really entertaining season to watch. (I still watch 11.06 for fun each time I need to relax, such classic airport drama. <33)

Typing all this make me realized that I miss the old season so much. It's truly what make I fall in love with this show. *sobbing* :lol:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:52:26 AM by Keepcopz »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: December 23, 2015, 10:53:35 AM »
I agree, but TAR11 was still an amazing season.

It just goes to show that TAR, even in its heyday, was still amazing despite sub-par legs.

Now it's not that case anymore =/

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #322 on: December 23, 2015, 05:06:40 PM »
Just rewatched TAR 26 this morning...

IDK who made my morning, the TAR itself or Hayley <333
what might have been

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #323 on: December 23, 2015, 06:01:53 PM »

Definitely Hayley  :hearts:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #324 on: December 23, 2015, 09:16:46 PM »

Definitely Hayley  :hearts:

Def Hayley, Queen of that season. <3333