Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 392857 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #275 on: April 23, 2015, 10:49:42 AM »
TAR8 being all in the United States is not actually a bad thing, because normal seasons of TAR hardly ever look at the culture of America anyway.

The important thing is that they only did it Once. Otherwise, I think it would be worthy of complaint.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2015, 10:55:00 AM »
Despite the 8 leg wins, Rachel & Dave were far from perfect as a team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaRY8-2Xs48
I can't believe I haven't seen this deleted scene until now. They definitely would have shown things like this if they didn't win.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2015, 11:23:41 AM »
I can't believe I haven't seen this deleted scene until now. They definitely would have shown things like this if they didn't win.

Dave & Rachel are one of my most hated teams, but it really annoys me when they edit the winners to make them seem nicer then they actually are.  I know it's so viewers won't be as angry, but it really takes away from the "Reality" and "Realness" of the show, when they're perceiving teams totally different from what they actually are!  :groan:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2015, 07:37:58 PM »

Dave & Rachel are one of my most hated teams, but it really annoys me when they edit the winners to make them seem nicer then they actually are.  I know it's so viewers won't be as angry, but it really takes away from the "Reality" and "Realness" of the show, when they're perceiving teams totally different from what they actually are!  :groan:
MOF, I think TAR20 had one of the least interesting, drama-filled cast ever with lots of deleted "extras". I still remember Kerri & Stacy's zero-personality edit, but were a riotous duo in the bonus clips.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Wadsy591

« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2015, 07:50:19 PM »
TAR's best routes in my opinion are:

Season 3  (Scotland, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Vietnam)
Season 5  (Argentina, Egypt, Tanzania, UAE, New Zealand)
Season 6  (Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Senegal, Hungary, Corsica, Sri Lanka and Xian)
Season 12 (The Netherlands, Lithuania and Croatia)
Season 22 (Bora Bora, New Zealand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Botswana, Switzerland, Germany and the UK)

Honourable mentions for:

Seasons 15 and 18

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #280 on: April 26, 2015, 12:53:14 AM »
^replace tar12 with tar10 and that's perfect

also I liked tar17

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: June 08, 2015, 08:40:07 AM »
I recently rewatched TAR11 and holy hell, I loved every single episode in it.

Even though leg design wasn't the best (I'm not a big fan of the premiere being Fly-HoO-Detour-On Foot Pit Stop or the Poland 1 RB being unaired), the teams and drama really sold it and Eric/Danielle aren't as horrible on rewatch :lol:

Definitely hope the third returnee season delivers! (The gas leak season doesn't count.)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: June 08, 2015, 11:00:41 AM »

Even though leg design wasn't the best (I'm not a big fan of the premiere being Fly-HoO-Detour-On Foot Pit Stop or the Poland 1 RB being unaired), the teams and drama really sold it and Eric/Danielle aren't as horrible on rewatch :lol:

Definitely hope the third returnee season delivers! (The gas leak season doesn't count.)

The RB was un-aired because the flight drama from before took up to much time and tbh I think it was linear anyway

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #283 on: June 08, 2015, 11:12:21 AM »

TAR11 is definitely in my top 10 seasons just because of the teams. Eric & Danielle isn't as bad as Whiner/Kid and a few other bad winners, tbh they're just like a normal dating couple that we get nowadays.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2015, 07:58:32 PM »

TAR11 is definitely in my top 10 seasons just because of the teams. Eric & Danielle isn't as bad as Whiner/Kid and a few other bad winners, tbh they're just like a normal dating couple that we get nowadays.
TAR11 is one of the very few seasons where I at least enjoyed every team (even Kevin & Drew )-**) and would be okay-to-enthusiastic if any of the teams won. With the route, all the drama, and Charla & Mirna, I actually bought into the season's DVD.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Palperro

« Reply #285 on: June 08, 2015, 10:48:41 PM »

The RB was un-aired because the flight drama from before took up to much time and tbh I think it was linear anyway

The flight drama was so amazing. Dustin/Kandace had more than a 12 hour lead on the Guidos and Eric/Danielle at one point. :o

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #286 on: June 09, 2015, 09:53:35 AM »

leg 4 was very amazing and dramaful... charla n mirna defeated rob n amber in the pitstop after even the task can't killed them ( also because the airport luck, maybe )

many airport drama n yield drama  ( who can forget eric/danielle whining & whining dustin/kandace & danny/oswald for yielded them... )
what might have been

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #287 on: June 09, 2015, 10:35:49 AM »
TAR11's drama and team really fantastic. (Airport Drama <333) But IMO, route and task were NOT that good. :P 4 consecutive South American leg at the start was pretty boring (Esp. First 2 legs except Charla & Mirna's meltdown in the middle of nowhere of the Desert :lol:) and then the Malaysia-Hong Kong-Macau and Guam-Hawaii combo is not good at all, I think it's lacked of diversity. The Mozambique-Tanzania-Poland was great because it provided drama and changed the scenery but the task were pretty bad. (All task in Tanzania SUCKS but maybe since because it's last minute and Poland 1 was super short leg! Even with the RB! Poland 2 is above average since I think that Intersection was super bad leg plan and killed the decent detour and RB)

But Charla & Mirna and BQ both made it to F3 is good enough reason for me to watch this over and over again. <33333

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #288 on: June 09, 2015, 12:13:54 PM »
The 2 Poland leg in TAR11 was really bad in leg design especially in Poland 2. I mean Poland 2 leg design was one of the worse leg design in TAR history with FF and Intersection at the same time, the ridiculous bus sign up HoO with the departure of bus 1 and bus 2 are 4 hours apart, plus Poland 1 was a NEL with a 30 minute MFE penalty that Guido are automatic eliminated in next leg, and BQs are screwed in the Intersection once again (this time they have to wait 4 hours due to the bus 2 was departed 4 hours later). But entertainment wise, it was still great because of the sausage Detour with Charla & Mirna :lol:
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2015, 05:25:20 AM »
Speaking of TAR11, I need a favour from those who have the TAR11: All-Stars DVD.

In Leg 10, when the teams are at KLIA to depart to Hong Kong; there is a scene that shows a close-up of a Malaysia Airlines 777 (MH72) at the gate. This edit happens after Eric & Danielle's "plane" is shown departing for Ho Chi Minh City at 09:05am.

This is the screenshot of the scene I am talking about.

Can anyone tell me the letters encircled?

It is R something: R_

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2015, 01:18:20 PM »
It's Rn

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #291 on: June 20, 2015, 04:48:44 AM »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #292 on: June 24, 2015, 09:45:46 AM »
Taken from forums.previously.tv site where TAR 25 original route showing below (link):

Aside: Doha and environs getting the axe for S25 sounds rather incongruent on several levels - when the Arabian peninsula hosted legs on near-consecutive seasons in the past, it did so from both directions, e.g. five eastbound teams in Oman during S9 versus seven westbound teams in Kuwait during S10, then eight/seven westbound teams in the United Arab Emirates during S15 versus six eastbound teams in Oman during S17. Given this supposed original itinerary of Denmark -> Italy -> Malta -> Qatar -> Bahrain (to overcome the intrinsic limits of a quasi-micronation as well as preserving the pan-archipelago route) -> Singapore and keeping the NEL sequence intact, it would amount to the same exact double-F6 round that Abu Dhabi and al-Ain already had just two seasons ago as opposed to the aforementioned precedents.

That was the reason why Qatar and Bahrain were both scrapped a couple of days before TAR 25 started filming, cited those countries were replaced and gave Morocco as their replacement leg within two legs into one country.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #293 on: June 24, 2015, 10:36:27 AM »
That's pretty weird reasons to cancel legs? ??? Anyway, it leads to good result as Morocco legs ended up being actually great. (Especially since it's replacement).

So any chance of Qatar & Bahrain on maybe season 28? Hard to see it on 27 since MERs.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #294 on: June 24, 2015, 12:19:15 PM »
That's pretty weird reasons to cancel legs? ??? Anyway, it leads to good result as Morocco legs ended up being actually great. (Especially since it's replacement).

So any chance of Qatar & Bahrain on maybe season 28? Hard to see it on 27 since MERs.

Maybe. But I think Qatar and Bahrain might get visited in separate seasons just to ensure TAR have new countries very season given the unvisited countries are getting less and less over the time.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #295 on: June 25, 2015, 01:22:08 AM »
That's strange because it would have meant that there would be 2, 3 continent races in a row

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #296 on: June 27, 2015, 05:57:13 PM »
That's strange because it would have meant that there would be 2, 3 continent races in a row
14/15?

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #297 on: June 27, 2015, 08:47:53 PM »
14/15?

Isn't Hawaii considered as Oceania? ???

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #298 on: June 28, 2015, 02:54:52 AM »
14/15?

I know it already happened but Tar 15 had to be diverted because of Swine Flu

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #299 on: July 05, 2015, 03:07:04 PM »
Finally peeled myself off the sofa after binging, and finishing TAR Canada 1 in one sitting.  :colors

And all I have to say is WOW! It's only my second time watching it, but it's up there with the best of the American seasons.  And even though they never actually left Canada, each Leg is so different in terms of the landscape / terrain, it might as well be different countries. 

The teams were fantastic.  The first time round I really didn't like Jet & Dave, but they really did make the Season.  I found myself in tears laughing at them most the time.  I think Holly & Brett were the only team I didn't really care for this time.  ???

Also, it was great too see that the Final 3 teams were stragglers at the back of the pack for the first half of the Season, and all the teams that dominated those Legs just fell and crumbled Mid-Race.  :hoot:
Though I'm still bitter over Hal & Joanne's Elimination!  :'(   (:;)  :iok
Definitely hyped for Season 3 now.  :trampb:
.... The World is Waiting! ....