Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 392859 times)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #250 on: February 10, 2015, 11:27:21 PM »
I don't recall Ethiopia being planned OR two legs in Australia. I think that original route looked more like, if not:
1. China
2. Philippines
3. Philippines
4. Australia
5. Sri Lanka
6. Sri Lanka
7. Italy
8. Italy
9. Switzerland
10. Spain
11. UK
12. USA

It could be Philippines having one leg, and Australia with two legs.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: February 10, 2015, 11:35:32 PM »
1 china
2-3 Philippines
4-5 australia
6 ethopia
7 sri lanka
8 italy
9 switzerland
10 spain
11 uk
12 usa
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: February 11, 2015, 01:21:35 AM »
Is Philippines and Australia are originally featured in TAR24? If so, which place they will possibly visit in Australia since I think the two Philippines leg in TAR25 are the original Philippines leg TAR24. ???

Ethiopia was also meant to be visited / i think it would be

1. China
2. Philippines
3. Philippines
4. Australia
5. Australia
6. Sri Lanka
7. Sri Lanka
8. Ethiopia
9. Italy
10. Italy
11. UK

Thank you. Btw I read somewhere that Melbourne and Mildura (Never heard of this town ??? ) might be featured in original TAR 24 visit, but I not sure it is just a pure speculation.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #253 on: February 16, 2015, 01:14:55 PM »
There was no evidence for Ethiopia I don't think.
Had some good evidence for Melbourne that did not happen.  :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Wadsy591

« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2015, 08:09:55 PM »
If the race were 12 legs, I'd have a race like this:

Leg 1 : Los Angeles, CA --> Caracas, Venezuela (New city to start the season)
Leg 2 : Caracas, Venezuela --> Angel Falls, Venezuela (To add some tropical to the route)
Leg 3 : Angel Falls, Venezuela --> Nadi, Fiji (to the south pacific)
Leg 4 : Nadi, Fiji --> Coromandel, New Zealand (fly to Auckland, passing through Hamilton and Paeroa)
Leg 5 : New Zealand --> Mount Fuji, Japan (Via Tokyo City, and into the countryside)
Leg 6 : Mount Fuji Japan --> Katmandu, Nepal (into Katmandu, and then into the countryside)
Leg 7 : Langtang National Park, Nepal --> Harare, Zimbabwe (first time in TAR, and a nice change)
Leg 8 : Harare, Zimbabwe --> Charara Safari Area, Zimbabwe (scenic, exotic and nice)
Leg 9 : Charara Safari Area, Zimbabwe --> Corfu Island, Greece  (beautiful, luxurious and never seen before)
Leg 10 : Corfu, Greece -->Amalfi Coast, Italy (a beautiful and exotic paradise also known as Capri - Costa Di Amalfi)
Leg 11 : Amalfi Coast, Italy --> Toulouse, France  (then onto the Pyrenees national park at the south of France)
Leg 12 : Pyrenees, France --> Vancouver, Canada --> San Francisco, CA [Finish] (visiting Capilano Suspension Bridge, Stanley Park and VC island)

I was considering adding Slovenia instead of Corfu, but couldn't as both are amazing destinations.

Non-Eliminations:  Legs 4, 7 and 10
Fast Forwards:  Legs 4 and 9
Double U-Turns:  Legs 5 and 9
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:55:02 AM by Wadsy591 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #255 on: April 18, 2015, 08:39:27 PM »
I would LOVe that route!!  All my dream-come-true places!

:bigwelcome to RFF, Wadsy591!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Wadsy591

« Reply #256 on: April 18, 2015, 09:21:02 PM »
Yeah believe me it took me a long time to come up with this list...

As for leg 9, I couldn't decide between either Corfu, Greece or the country of Montenegro. Either, or, really... lol. Less legs in Asia and South America, more legs in the South Pacific and Europe.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2015, 10:55:17 AM »
This might be worthy of a thread of it's own, but thought I'd just post it here. 

Now that we're getting closer to the Final Leg (S26), there seems to be a lot of discussion about what people don't want to see, and the likelihood of it being brought down due to the leg design, so it got me thinking, which Final Legs from past seasons people actually think are great. 
Personally, I feel that the layout for most final Legs can be quite linear, and once a team gets in front, they kinda stay there till they reach the Finish. E.g S19, S23.  -  Or the legs just bad in general. E.g S22, S20.

The only Seasons I can think of the top of my head that had great Final Legs were S25 and S21.

So basically, I'm just curious to see which Seasons you consider to be the Cream of the Crop when it comes to executing the Final Leg?  ???
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: April 19, 2015, 11:10:48 AM »
season 12 had one of the best final tasks

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2015, 07:59:06 PM »
This might be worthy of a thread of it's own, but thought I'd just post it here. 

Now that we're getting closer to the Final Leg (S26), there seems to be a lot of discussion about what people don't want to see, and the likelihood of it being brought down due to the leg design, so it got me thinking, which Final Legs from past seasons people actually think are great. 
Personally, I feel that the layout for most final Legs can be quite linear, and once a team gets in front, they kinda stay there till they reach the Finish. E.g S19, S23.  -  Or the legs just bad in general. E.g S22, S20.

The only Seasons I can think of the top of my head that had great Final Legs were S25 and S21.

So basically, I'm just curious to see which Seasons you consider to be the Cream of the Crop when it comes to executing the Final Leg?  ???
I like the final leg of 12 13 14 21 25

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2015, 09:55:15 AM »
I just like a final leg where everyone has a chance of being a winner like 11, 12, 14, 21, 25... I hope 26 will be good because I love the season so far

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2015, 10:49:31 AM »
I just like a final leg where everyone has a chance of being a winner like 11, 12, 14, 21, 25... I hope 26 will be good because I love the season so far

I agree with all except Season 11. That one will always be the worst final leg ever to me.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #262 on: April 21, 2015, 04:00:52 AM »

I agree with all except Season 11. That one will always be the worst final leg ever to me.

11 is a great season, the final task are quite great but the worst thing about it is a winner actually (which I still cannot accept the fact that the worst team is winning) (:;)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #263 on: April 21, 2015, 04:55:51 PM »

11 is a great season, the final task are quite great but the worst thing about it is a winner actually (which I still cannot accept the fact that the worst team is winning) (:;)
Eric & Danielle's win is debatable as the worst winner moment, but the route is far from atrocious compared to the <dis>likes of TAR22 and TAR24. Honolulu + San Francisco is a Leg that I find unique with the cave search/rowing against Hawaiian waves Detour and the final task testing the teams' social knowledge of their race partner. Intense editing brought the finale together, and surely the unaired tasks (cliff dive and Grateful Dead house) would have bettered the route though I still enjoy how it aired on TV.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2015, 05:11:27 PM »
How is the route of TAR22 bad?
It had New Zealand, Bali, Botswana, and the race's first visits to Northern Ireland and Bora Bora! Very exotic and varied imo (except Switzerland)
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: April 22, 2015, 01:22:57 AM »
It had New Zealand, Bali, Botswana, and the race's first visits to Northern Ireland and Bora Bora! Very exotic and varied imo (except Switzerland)

TAR22 route was decent. I love Bora Bora, NZ, Bali, Vietnam, Botswana, Berlin night leg, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

I think she means the TAR21 route, a 3 continent race is never a good recipe for the race. The 21 route China, Indonesia 1 & 2, Bangladesh 1 & 2 sucks so bad, it only gets better when they hit Europe but not better enough to counter act the negatives of Asia legs.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: April 22, 2015, 05:38:33 AM »
TAR22's route was amazing, Vietnam is honestly one of my favorite legs ever and the only legs I didn't enjoy were Scotland, Bora Bora 2, and the Finale.

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #267 on: April 22, 2015, 05:50:23 AM »

TAR22 route was decent. I love Bora Bora, NZ, Bali, Vietnam, Botswana, Berlin night leg, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

I think she means the TAR21 route, a 3 continent race is never a good recipe for the race. The 21 route China, Indonesia 1 & 2, Bangladesh 1 & 2 sucks so bad, it only gets better when they hit Europe but not better enough to counter act the negatives of Asia legs.

Am I the only one who like the Bangladesh leg? I mean it's physically challenging leg tbh. I would like if they put U-Turn somewhere there (like 17) just for the great drama and not wasted on the bad Indonesian leg.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: April 22, 2015, 06:11:17 AM »

Am I the only one who like the Bangladesh leg? I mean it's physically challenging leg tbh. I would like if they put U-Turn somewhere there (like 17) just for the great drama and not wasted on the bad Indonesian leg.

Tbh the TAR21 route was sucks. The first half (Asia legs) are lack of scene diverse where it generally all shown as poor Metro leg which is very depressing to watch on TV for many consecutive legs. (Indonesia 1 & 2 was shown as poor Metro leg and yet the next Bangladesh 1 & 2 was shown as poor Metro leg as well). It only get well on second half once they hit Europe where there was at least a significant scene diverse on every legs.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #269 on: April 22, 2015, 06:49:47 AM »
TAR22 route was amazing and is imo a top 5 TAR route

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: April 22, 2015, 10:19:34 AM »
That finale was nagl though :(

Finale discussions yay!
- Good final legs: 12, 14, and 25 for sure (though 25 could've used a better initial RB). I'll be alone in saying 13 as well (so many nonstandard clues and Field of 100 Clueboxes will probably be my favorite visual from this show).
- I'm torn on 21 because it certainly was dramatic and the Houdini and pizza tasks were both good buuuut Hello/Goodbye, despite it being amazing in theory devolved into a four hour guessing game - at what point do I go from "Hello/Goodbye was great, they should've been paying attention" to "Hello/Goodbye was too difficult and made the first part of the leg meaningless."
- Good season / crappy final: 17, 18, 22
- Pretty good final despite not having a mental task of some sort: 15 (yes, the chip counter is a mark against it but I like how there was an ~extreme~ final RB that still had a chance for position change, amongst everything else)
- Good in theory / lame in practice: 16, 19, 20, 23 (in the case for 23 it had good imagery but I think every task was easier than what the show suggested)
- 24: 24

For the pre-AS seasons, I - SHOCKINGLY - found FE's finale to be the best? Finale TBCs are fun and good, especially since unlike 25 they didn't just have an impromptu Pit Stop in Ninoy Aquino International Airport and instead forced teams to search a 55,000 seat stadium for what amounted to a 10 minute advantage  :funny:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #271 on: April 22, 2015, 08:50:20 PM »
:groan: Sorry, I meant the finale Leg of TAR22.... :-[
I didn't mean the entire route of the season. I did like the locales of the season, but the tasks could have been better.

After looking back at my grammar, I see where you could pick that out. All I can say is oops.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #272 on: April 23, 2015, 02:29:40 AM »
Speaking of TAR8, I decided to pop in the Panama and Costa Rica Legs and boy were they fun.  Reminds me of how great TAR8's cast is, especially compared to most of the post-TAR12 seasons. 

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: April 23, 2015, 04:57:02 AM »
Speaking of TAR8, I decided to pop in the Panama and Costa Rica Legs and boy were they fun.  Reminds me of how great TAR8's cast is, especially compared to most of the post-TAR12 seasons.

I love the TAR 8 cast and I don't found TAR 8 was the worst pre-AS season despite the route and the task was sucks. Compare to the very next season TAR 9 which was my worst pre-AS season despite the great route and acceptable task because I passionately dislike TAR 9 cast, boot order and the predictability so much.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: April 23, 2015, 05:01:34 AM »

I love the TAR 8 cast and I don't found TAR 8 was the worst pre-AS season despite the route and the task was sucks. Compare to the very next season TAR 9 which was my worst pre-AS season despite the great route and acceptable task because I passionately dislike TAR 9 cast, boot order and the predictability so much.

TAR8 is actually in my Top 5 seasons TBH.

Ignore the fact that it was almost entirely in the USA, it was a fun season with great teams, some good tasks, and it delivered!