The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Previous TAR Seasons Discussions

<< < (140/180) > >>

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: NELs on September 12, 2018, 02:08:10 PM ---I find it funny how sometimes the older seasons have outdated information. In TAR 3 episode 2 in the "Previously on..." segment it says Mexico City is the most populated city in the world. Now it is not, the crown goes to Tokyo, Japan now.

--- End quote ---
It's crazy to look back and see how modern messaging has changed over the course of the show too.

In TAR1, we first saw Matt & Ana dialing a payphone in NYC to call a ticketing office. TAR3 stomped on in and the show brought out T-Mobile flip phones in Niouc as that was the "it" technology. Later, TAR8 arrived and we saw the families logging into the now-obsolete AOL instant messenger. TAR12 showed us teams receiving video messages from home on Blackberry screens while driving to Tuscany. And now, recently with TAR29, the producers acknowledged smartphones are the new "it" thing by having teams officially use an iPhone to book tickets to Milan.

Now I wonder when they will use holograms to send messages from home. :funny:

NELs:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on October 06, 2018, 09:30:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: NELs on September 12, 2018, 02:08:10 PM ---I find it funny how sometimes the older seasons have outdated information. In TAR 3 episode 2 in the "Previously on..." segment it says Mexico City is the most populated city in the world. Now it is not, the crown goes to Tokyo, Japan now.

--- End quote ---
It's crazy to look back and see how modern messaging has changed over the course of the show too.

In TAR1, we first saw Matt & Ana dialing a payphone in NYC to call a ticketing office. TAR3 stomped on in and the show brought out T-Mobile flip phones in Niouc as that was the "it" technology. Later, TAR8 arrived and we saw the families logging into the now-obsolete AOL instant messenger. TAR12 showed us teams receiving video messages from home on Blackberry screens while driving to Tuscany. And now, recently with TAR29, the producers acknowledged smartphones are the new "it" thing by having teams officially use an iPhone to book tickets to Milan.

--- End quote ---

Don't forget in TAR 3 there was a whole stretch of legs where teams won Kodak Easyshare Cameras.  :funny:

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: NELs on October 06, 2018, 09:40:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on October 06, 2018, 09:30:59 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Don't forget in TAR 3 there was a whole stretch of legs where teams won Kodak Easyshare Cameras.  :funny:

--- End quote ---
I wonder if the teams actually still have the Kodak cameras as souvenirs or if they gifted them to their friends and relatives. Someone please ask Teri & Ian or Flo what they did with their prize. This is a question that should have a resolution.
 :)x

G.B.:
"You gotta hit six numbers to get a live human being on the phone!"
  -Drew

Dånooky:
I recently rewatched season 4 and during the whole "Rape Train" issue in India I was actually disgusted with the way Jon reacted when Kelly told him she was getting groped. (Instead of helping her, he groped her himself behind her back pretending to be someone else). Also, teams in Seasons 3 and 4 tended to be very lewd and nasty with each other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version