The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Previous TAR Seasons Discussions

<< < (116/180) > >>

RaceUntilWeDie:
Chuck & Wynona beating Jessica & John at the surfboard roadblock was one of the best edited segments in the HD era. I literally felt just as frantic/panicked as Jessica with John having not used the Express Pass

dryedmangoez:

--- Quote from: NMC on September 18, 2017, 01:37:14 PM ---Currently re-watching Oz Vs. NZ, and I really can't understand why it's so underrated.  ???  This is the first time I've watched it since the original airing, but even then I remember really enjoying it.

- The route's fantastic - Visited all 6 Continents.
- There's a number of All-Star worthy tasks.
- Every Leg is jammed with tasks.  Way more than the standard RB, Detour, Pitstop we're accustomed to nowadays.  :groan:
- The Teams!!! Great cast.. Some of my all time favourite teams in Sally & Tyson, Cat & Jesse... and Eh... John & Murray.  :escape

I've always considered Oz 2 as the measuring stick all other seasons should aspire to reach, so following it was always going to be tough, but it did a really good job of living up to the expectations, even it is a gimmick season.

Even though the ratings sucked, the quality warranted a renewal alone.  I'll just continue to pray for a return, or if nothing else, an All Star season to at least give the Oz version a proper send off.

--- End quote ---

It's not even underrated. Some people outright hate it. 

For me, I enjoyed it very much. TARAu2 is the best of the 3, no question. But seasons 1 and 3 are very close. All three seasons,  honestly, are the gold standard for international TAR franchises. At least in terms of production and casting. And really, TARAu was better than most of the TARUS seasons that came during and after TARAu's run.

tDawg:
Hi all, I just finished season 29 and totally love this show!

I know the winners for both the All Star seasons, along with season 5 and 10. Wish I didn't!

Is every season worth watching?

Please recommened seasons to watch.

Thanks

toanglobal:

--- Quote from: RaceUntilWeDie on December 16, 2017, 03:22:21 PM ---I feel FF teams had a great run for some time:

S17: Nat/Kat 1st
S18: Kisha/Jen 1st
S20: Nary/Jamie 6th (they completed 8 out of 12 legs so they kind of lasted long?)
S21: Natalie/Nadiya 4th
S22: Mona/Beth 3rd
S23: Ally/Ashley 5th
S24: Caroline/Jennifer 2nd
S25: Amy/Maya 1st
S27: Tiffany/Krista 4th

S28 and S29 were just horrible for FF teams :(

ANYWAY, I've probably posted this before but I'm gonna repeat myself: TAR used to put so much effort in editing, especially eliminations (even in the HD era!) These days they quickly dismiss them in 30 seconds and throw in a lame confessional. Rewatch these eliminations to know what I'm talking about:

TAR 17:
- Gary & Mallory (6th)

TAR 18:
- Margie & Luke (8th)

TAR 19:
- Bill & Cathi (5th)
- Kaylani & Lisa (9th)

TAR 21:
- Natalie & Nadiya (4th)
- Abbie & Ryan (5th)

--- End quote ---
TAR Asia and in lesser extend TAR Israel have many strong F/F teams, TAR Asia from season 2 always have at least two F/F teams in F5, TAR Asia 2, TAR Asia 5 and TAR Israel 3 all have 3 F/F teams in F5, Debbie & Dana is the best mother/daughter teams ever, they won some Double-Battle in first attempts.
https://realityfanwiki.obfuscatereality.com/index.php?title=Debbie_%26_Dana
For TAR 20 If Misa & Maiya didn't overlook pitstop, I thought Nary & Jamie had a chance to survive longer!

NMC:

--- Quote from: tDawg on January 03, 2018, 01:06:06 AM ---Hi all, I just finished season 29 and totally love this show!

I know the winners for both the All Star seasons, along with season 5 and 10. Wish I didn't!

Is every season worth watching?

Please recommened seasons to watch.

Thanks

--- End quote ---

WELCOME!  :cmas22

You must be fairly new to the show?  Which seasons have you seen so far?  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version