Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 391966 times)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #550 on: May 03, 2017, 07:30:27 AM »
Just looking at the Wiki for TAR 10, and you know what, it was actually much better than it gets credit for.

- Tyler & James weren't the dominating Alpha Male team I remembered them to be.
- First ever FF team in the Final 3. (Even if it was the wrong one) #JusticeForBeautyQueens  :lol:
- It's also the first Season to have a team reach the Final 3 without winning a Leg.
- Most of the boot order was fairly unpredictable.  :hoot:
- Some stellar locations - Even with the first 6 Legs being in Asia.  :saywhat:
- Forgot how much I loved Duke & Lauren - Placing 2nd & 3rd, before their untimely elimination.  :'(

It definitely had it's problems - Leg 1 Mid-Leg Elimination :groan:  and AWFUL winners, but think I'll give it another watch once TAR 29 finishes up.
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #551 on: May 03, 2017, 11:12:39 AM »
Season 10 is great, except the Final Leg. Horrible Leg design

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #552 on: May 03, 2017, 03:33:52 PM »
Season 10, often considered the most diverse race route of all time. Still my favourite season by far
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #553 on: May 03, 2017, 04:32:34 PM »
Season 10, often considered the most diverse race route of all time. Still my favourite season by far

Really?  :o  I've never heard that before.  :o  Why though, almost all the Legs were in hot, summery locations, and there wasn't any colder locations, with snow etc?  ???  Surely 18, or 22 would be more diverse - both had locations consisting of Beaches, Snow, Desert / Humid locations, Cities, Rural areas, etc.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #554 on: May 13, 2017, 09:21:14 PM »

Really?  :o  I've never heard that before.  :o  Why though, almost all the Legs were in hot, summery locations, and there wasn't any colder locations, with snow etc?  ???  Surely 18, or 22 would be more diverse - both had locations consisting of Beaches, Snow, Desert / Humid locations, Cities, Rural areas, etc.

Dustin & Kandice once admitted that they brought too many tank tops and just one t-shirt so they had to reuse that t-shirt on many occasions because wearing them wasn't appropriate in cold locations or cultural locations, so the route is definitely diverse.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #555 on: May 13, 2017, 10:40:37 PM »
Although I agree 6 Asia leg in a season would be too much but I like the execution on TAR10 since they touch East Asia (Beijing was delivered on terms of chaos factor, even the Mongolia leg have the Central Asia vibe), Southeast Asia (They visit northern Vietnam which last visit only cover southern and central Vietnam and not to mention Ha Long Bay), South Asia (They visit Southern India which TAR4 India 2 only visit there prior to this complete with driving RB), and West Asia/Middle East (New country of Kuwait).
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #556 on: May 25, 2017, 03:41:22 AM »
Do people notice that TAR 9 intro looks brighter and glowing?

EAOWadsy

« Reply #557 on: June 06, 2017, 03:09:02 AM »
Personally, I am not a fan of TAR 10. Some of the good teams went out early, like Vipul & Aarti, Kellie & Jamie and Peter & Sarah. I hated the six pack alliance and found this part highly laughable, and I felt that some legs were very underwhelming, such as the first leg in Beijing, China, the second Vietnamese leg, Mauritius, Madagascar (as the Fast Forward teams were beat), the tenth leg (they should have stayed in Europe) and the eleventh leg (which spends half time in Morocco and the other in Barcelona). The final leg was also extremely disappointing for it's design.

Moreover, I despised the majority of the cast. I liked Rob & Kimberley, the Beauty Queens, and Tyler & James (to a point) but Lyn & Karilyn... Words cannot even explain. It did have a lot of potential, with the diverse locations and all but this season is where the lack of editing started to show. Again, this is only my opinion.

EAOWadsy

« Reply #558 on: July 09, 2017, 10:35:51 PM »
I am currently going through a re-watch of the first season. I must say, I was not particularly impressed with the third, fifth or sixth legs due to poor task design and rather lackluster editing. However, the first two episodes and the two legs in India were sensational.

This is only my opinion but I consider TAR 1's visit to India to be the absolute best in the series. The locations were pretty stunning in Agra, it was refreshing to see in it's first season and also the culture shock. I haven't watched beyond Leg 8 so far this rerun, but will continue shortly.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #559 on: July 10, 2017, 03:14:36 PM »
I also just watched seasons 1 & 2. I never realised how intense they were. That race between Will/Tara & Chris/Alex  :-X

I just want to know.S2 had the whole world but visited Thailand & Alaska again. The Thailand was at least a differnet region but I dont understand why they visited Alaska again!

EAOWadsy

« Reply #560 on: July 17, 2017, 11:05:09 PM »
I also just watched seasons 1 & 2. I never realised how intense they were. That race between Will/Tara & Chris/Alex  :-X

I just want to know.S2 had the whole world but visited Thailand & Alaska again. The Thailand was at least a differnet region but I dont understand why they visited Alaska again!

Yeah, Season 2's location choices weren't the best. If it hadn't been for Brazil, Australia and New Zealand, it wouldn't have been this high. Visiting South Africa, Thailand and Alaska again were just playing it safe after TAR 1.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #561 on: July 18, 2017, 01:01:47 AM »
Yeah, Season 2's location choices weren't the best. If it hadn't been for Brazil, Australia and New Zealand, it wouldn't have been this high. Visiting South Africa, Thailand and Alaska again were just playing it safe after TAR 1.

But they didn't truly visit South Africa in TAR1. All they did was go to the airport and then catch a ride to another airport to catch a flight to Zambia. They didn't do any tasks in the country.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #563 on: July 19, 2017, 02:07:42 AM »
What's the point of a survey like that if it doesn't even cover every season?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #564 on: July 21, 2017, 05:35:56 AM »
For some reason, these team photos remind me of the 90's (even though TAR debuted in 2001). And also some (just meh with Kelly & Jon and Millie & Chuck) of the best teams, and throwback to older TAR seasons.

Oh, how much time passed.  :didimiss:

From left to right: Flo & Zach (TAR 3, 2002), Kelly & Jon and Millie & Chuck (TAR 4, 2003), Jaime & Cara (TAR 14, 2008), Brook & Claire (TAR 17, 2010), and Brooke & Scott (TAR 29, 2016).

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #565 on: July 21, 2017, 06:31:23 AM »
Shook that there are people who are meh to Kelly and Jon
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #566 on: July 21, 2017, 07:08:44 AM »
It's just that they are entertaining team but sadly is put in a forgettable season, but like them anyway.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #567 on: July 23, 2017, 07:58:28 AM »
For some reason, these team photos remind me of the 90's (even though TAR debuted in 2001). And also some (just meh with Kelly & Jon and Millie & Chuck) of the best teams, and throwback to older TAR seasons.

From left to right: Flo & Zach (TAR 3, 2002), Kelly & Jon and Millie & Chuck (TAR 4, 2003), Jaime & Cara (TAR 14, 2008), Brook & Claire (TAR 17, 2010), and Brooke & Scott (TAR 29, 2016).

Millie looks like she's from Family Edition!  :funny:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 05:45:41 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #568 on: July 23, 2017, 09:58:03 AM »

Flo & Zach reincarnated through Brooke & Scott. That's a tick, now I need to see a Jaime & Cara, Brooke & Claire or Dustin & Kandice reincarnated.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #569 on: August 11, 2017, 04:52:45 PM »
Rewatched the end of TAR 26 and it wasn't that bad. I didn't like the forced element of love though.

TAR 26 was actually pretty competitive and I like that.

Also looked through my notes and my prediction for this season was so bad.  :funny:
 :funny: 11 Mike/Rochelle
 :funny: 10 Jelani/Jenny
9 Bergen/Kurt
 :funny: 8 CJ/Libby
7 Jeff/Jackie
 :funny: 6 Jeff/Lyda
 :funny: 5 Jonathan/Harley
4 Matt/Ashley
3 Aly/Steve
2 Blair/Hayley
1 Laura/Tyler
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #570 on: August 14, 2017, 06:44:53 AM »
At least you predicted the winners.  :lol:  And in fairness, Mike & Rochelle definitely looked like an obvious pre-race early boot.  :funny:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #571 on: September 05, 2017, 06:32:21 PM »
Presenting here are the maps for all 30 seasons of the race:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

Season 8

Season 9

Season 10

Season 11

Season 12

Season 13

Season 14

Season 15

Season 16

Season 17

Season 18

Season 19

Season 20

Season 21

Season 22

Season 23

Season 24

Season 25

Season 26

Season 27

Season 28

Season 29

Season 30
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:08:31 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #572 on: September 18, 2017, 01:37:14 PM »
Currently re-watching Oz Vs. NZ, and I really can't understand why it's so underrated.  ???  This is the first time I've watched it since the original airing, but even then I remember really enjoying it.

- The route's fantastic - Visited all 6 Continents.
- There's a number of All-Star worthy tasks.
- Every Leg is jammed with tasks.  Way more than the standard RB, Detour, Pitstop we're accustomed to nowadays.  :groan:
- The Teams!!! Great cast.. Some of my all time favourite teams in Sally & Tyson, Cat & Jesse... and Eh... John & Murray.  :escape

I've always considered Oz 2 as the measuring stick all other seasons should aspire to reach, so following it was always going to be tough, but it did a really good job of living up to the expectations, even it is a gimmick season.

Even though the ratings sucked, the quality warranted a renewal alone.  I'll just continue to pray for a return, or if nothing else, an All Star season to at least give the Oz version a proper send off.

BTW, great job with the maps Claude!  :conf:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #573 on: October 08, 2017, 04:45:14 PM »
FF teams haven't done well in the last few seasons :groan:
10 teams have made the top 6 in the last 9 seasons out of the 23 FF teams. Only 1 has won the whole thing and only 3 FF teams have made the finals.

Season 20
Nary/Jamie 6th
Kerri/Stacy 8th
Misa/Maiya 11th :funny:

Season 21
Natalie/Nadiya 4th
Caitlin/Brittany 9th

Season 22
Mona/Beth 3rd
Caroline/Jenn 4th
Pam and Winnie 7th

Season 23
Ally/Ashley 5th
Nicky/Kim 6th

Season 24
Caroline/Jenn 2nd
Natalie/Nadiya 11th

Season 25
Amy/Maya 1st
Kym/Alli 5th
Shelley/Nici 7th
Lisa/Michelle 11th

Season 26
No FF teams

Season 27
Tiffany/Krista 4th
Jazmine/Danielle 8th
Kelly/Shevonne 11th

Season 28
Erin/Joslyn 8th
Jessica/Brittany 9th
Marty/Hagan 11th

Season 29
Jessie/Francesca 10th
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #574 on: December 16, 2017, 03:22:21 PM »
I feel FF teams had a great run for some time:

S17: Nat/Kat 1st
S18: Kisha/Jen 1st
S20: Nary/Jamie 6th (they completed 8 out of 12 legs so they kind of lasted long?)
S21: Natalie/Nadiya 4th
S22: Mona/Beth 3rd
S23: Ally/Ashley 5th
S24: Caroline/Jennifer 2nd
S25: Amy/Maya 1st
S27: Tiffany/Krista 4th

S28 and S29 were just horrible for FF teams :(

ANYWAY, I've probably posted this before but I'm gonna repeat myself: TAR used to put so much effort in editing, especially eliminations (even in the HD era!) These days they quickly dismiss them in 30 seconds and throw in a lame confessional. Rewatch these eliminations to know what I'm talking about:

TAR 17:
- Gary & Mallory (6th)

TAR 18:
- Margie & Luke (8th)

TAR 19:
- Bill & Cathi (5th)
- Kaylani & Lisa (9th)

TAR 21:
- Natalie & Nadiya (4th)
- Abbie & Ryan (5th)